1. Post #201
    April 2012
    3,425 Posts
    the stronglifts 5x5 report is such a dry fucking read. the entire thing is like a really cheesy sales pitch. is every program written like this?
    yeah, I've read a couple like it.

It works though.

2. Post #202
    July 2012
    5 Posts
    Anybody know weather or not adding a Yates row to my arm workout is a good idea or not?

3. Post #203
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,341 Posts
    Depends on your goals. If it's size, then adding more volume and variety to your workouts depending on trainee level and the structure of your routine, would be a good idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #204
    Hey, I don't need to be a bodybuilder or look good or any of that shit, I just need an extra boost in strength and endurance (especially endurance) so I can haul, hoist and chop logs for hours upon hours every day, amongst other hard labor like that. Any good program for that? I'm already p. strong from labor like that, but I don't follow any programs, other then like a morning jog for cardio.

5. Post #205
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    Hey, I don't need to be a bodybuilder or look good or any of that shit, I just need an extra boost in strength and endurance (especially endurance) so I can haul, hoist and chop logs for hours upon hours every day, amongst other hard labor like that. Any good program for that? I'm already p. strong from labor like that, but I don't follow any programs, other then like a morning jog for cardio.
    Any of the programs listed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #206

August 2012
    47 Posts
    mb if u chop logs ( aka sucking dicks) and want to get better you should maybe suck more dicks??>
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

7. Post #207
    July 2011
    626 Posts
    ^Go away^

5x5 puts on bulk right? Anything I can take out of it to reduce bulk? I guess I can go up in my wrestling weight class if it really works well.

8. Post #208

August 2012
    47 Posts
    nerd doesnt even know how muscle grow forl curse of the manlet inflicts all portions of your body

9. Post #209
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    ^Go away^

5x5 puts on bulk right? Anything I can take out of it to reduce bulk? I guess I can go up in my wrestling weight class if it really works well.
    No.

Whether or not you gain mass on a training program is entirely down to your food intake: caloric deficit = weight loss. Caloric surplus = weight gain.

You could do some dumb 1000 pushup program and gain mass off of it if your food intake was suitable.

10. Post #210
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,083 Posts
    hoyl shit, casus is back
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #211
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    1,917 Posts
    Is this shake any good?
    http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/atki...hocolate-330g/

It's the one I've been taking, but it tastes too good to be true and worry if it has too many calories for me.

Worth nothing that I'm a fat fuck who wants to lose weight, but also pack on some muscle mass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #212

August 2012
    47 Posts
    choose only one

Edited:

and youre trashcan stupid learn to log your calories you fatty ( 11*bw)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

13. Post #213
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    1,917 Posts
    choose only one

Edited:

and youre trashcan stupid learn to log your calories you fatty ( 11*bw)
    wat

14. Post #214

August 2012
    47 Posts
    trashcan
    stupid
    log
    calories
    11*bw
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

15. Post #215
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    3,911 Posts
    why cant i progress on 5x5

i've been stuck at 205 squats for like 3 weeks now

feels bad man

16. Post #216

August 2012
    47 Posts
    what is a deload

17. Post #217
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    3,911 Posts
    what is a deload
    thanks gaysus you saved the day again!!!! (actually i never knew about this lmao. this is what i get for not reading the entire document.)

18. Post #218
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    3,210 Posts
    Started up with the gym again for the first time since late April. Did some Stronglifts 5X5.

When I was in school, from January to April, I was going to the gym. I was doing the 12 10 8 system (12 10 8 reps for 3 sets), and I definitely got stronger. But Even after today, the 5X5 feels even better.

I did the squats, benchbrenches, and dumbbells, but also did a few other exercises.

I ended up doing another round of sets for squats because I felt I could do a little more weight.

Dumbbells I did skullcrushers and snatches.

Nothing special for the benches.

I did some lat pulldowns and leg presses, even though the squats raped my legs.

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,341 Posts
    Started up with the gym again for the first time since late April. Did some Stronglifts 5X5.

When I was in school, from January to April, I was going to the gym. I was doing the 12 10 8 system (12 10 8 reps for 3 sets), and I definitely got stronger. But Even after today, the 5X5 feels even better.

I did the squats, benchbrenches, and dumbbells, but also did a few other exercises.

I ended up doing another round of sets for squats because I felt I could do a little more weight.

Dumbbells I did skullcrushers and snatches.

Nothing special for the benches.

I did some lat pulldowns and leg presses, even though the squats raped my legs.
    :) ahghfdv
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #220
    April 2012
    3,425 Posts
    "benchbrenches" haha amazing, I'll use that

21. Post #221
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    3,210 Posts
    Did workout B today of 5X5, even though I'm still sore from two days ago.

I don't think I have very good form on any of the exercises. Squats kinda hurt my neck.

Also, just doing the three exercises doesn't take too long, like just around 30mins, give or take, so I feel like I gotta do more so I can get a full hour in, so I throw in some isolation shit.

22. Post #222
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,341 Posts
    Don't play with the volume too much, 5x5 is pretty volume intensive as it is and you adding more to the mix would just increase your "minimum" volume tolerance and by thus increasing the duration of your workouts and difficulty. (i.e adding 10 sets of bullshit just to "feel the workout" is completely irrelevant and useless)

At first this workout probably won't make you break sweat, give it a month or two..

23. Post #223

August 2012
    47 Posts
    l2 increase weight and take longer rests
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #224

May 2012
    110 Posts
    Can someone of mild intelligence just fucking post a list of trustworthy/cheap/good options (i.e. brands) for the already suggested supplements for people like myself who are just recently taking an interest in physiology? etc. etc.

25. Post #225
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,341 Posts
    just get on bb.com and choose something.......

26. Post #226

August 2012
    47 Posts
    imo creatine is literallerally the onlyy sup worht takin

Edited:

bcaas maybe for if but thats a whoe noher subject just go to leangains.com for that

27. Post #227
    April 2012
    3,425 Posts
    Can someone of mild intelligence just fucking post a list of trustworthy/cheap/good options (i.e. brands) for the already suggested supplements for people like myself who are just recently taking an interest in physiology? etc. etc.
    truenutrition.com. You have to wade through a lot of other brands now since they added a bunch of other companies' products, but they have good stuff

For whey, just get their whey protein concentrate, and fro creatine, get the Creapure Creatine Monohydrate

28. Post #228
    April 2010
    3,382 Posts
    Do squats give that much of a benefit over the leg press? I've decided to stop squatting until I can fix up my ankle. I've rolled it too many times in the past playing basketball and these days when I squat I get a sharp pain in my right ankle. I'll go to the physio and do some exercises to improve it though. In the mean time I'm just going to use to leg press.

Today I managed 3 sets of 10 reps 160 kg and then 2 sets 10 reps of 150 kg with only pushing through my heels so I'm happy with that for now.

29. Post #229
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,341 Posts
    If it's hypertrophy you want, then no.

30. Post #230
    April 2010
    3,382 Posts
    Cheers.

31. Post #231
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    1,917 Posts
    What can I do about my high estrogen levels?

32. Post #232
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,341 Posts
    сhange diet and see a doc

33. Post #233
    April 2011
    1,224 Posts
    Today I managed 3 sets of 10 reps 160 kg and then 2 sets 10 reps of 150 kg...
    How big are you guys here ?

34. Post #234
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    212 Posts
    Colossal

35. Post #235
    August 2008
    113 Posts
    Leg press is SO MUCH easier than squatting. I saw some guy who was likely only 220lb Leg Pressing over 1000lbs... but he went and squatted 270lb quartersquats the next time I saw him
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #236
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    What can I do about my high estrogen levels?
    I'm betting you are carrying quite a bit of chub. Am I right?

Aromatase can be synthesized in fat tissue, more aromatase enzyme = more testosterone converted to estradiol (estrogen).

The most obvious step here would be to reduce your bodyfat. Other than that, supplement vitamin d3 and see a doctor about bloodwork and advice from there.

Aromatase Inhibitors are the next step if you do have a legitimate problem.

37. Post #237
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,143 Posts
    Leg press is SO MUCH easier than squatting. I saw some guy who was likely only 220lb Leg Pressing over 1000lbs... but he went and squatted 270lb quartersquats the next time I saw him
    When you squat you're lifting your own body too, and it's straight up so you get more gravities.

38. Post #238
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    1,917 Posts
    Alright, I have virtually no fitness expertise, but seeing as my PT's away on vacation, and I don't wanna let myself go over the holidays, I've written myself a short daily workout, which goes like so:

10 x Bench press
    10 x Crunches
    10 x Pull down
    10 x Row
    10 x Squat

I'd repeat this five times.

What do you reckon, is it too much / not enough?
    Any excercises I should consider adding or changing?

39. Post #239
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,452 Posts
    i would at least split it into an upperbody day/lower body day sort of thing and add dead lifts, mil press and rows

i would also take out crunches bc your core will be activated doing compound movements
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

40. Post #240

November 2012
    405 Posts
    i will take out crunches because it's a shit exercise for two reasons;

one, range of motion reminds me of a guy blowing himself. it is completely useless in terms of overall time under tension, it's the least out of a long list of bang for buck exercises for abs

two, it has no real world value. you never 'crunch' yourself. you stabilize yourself using your abs. you stabilize, not crunch during squats. you stabilize , not crunch during deadlifts...

you want some real ab exercises? try turkish get ups ... one arm shoulder presses .... something that has a carry over. leg raises on a pull up bar, at least that has some range of motion.

also, your routine seems structure-less. no progressions besides a simple idea that "doing something, with enough volume and a certain rep range will make you grow" at your level, you should be aiming at priming your central nervous system, via specific motions such as squats. size will come regardless at your level, at least for a month or two maybe 3 that's what you should be doing. google stronglifts.