1. Post #121
    dubstep
    August 2005
    4,193 Posts
    I think counting calories is useful when you have no idea how much you're taking in.

ie. when I calculated months ago, I was taking in under 1800 calories and living off that cause my stomach had shrunk from eating fuark all at university for a year, then I gradually increased that until I was easily eating 2500+ and now I generally eat as much as I need to keep full all day, and my calorie consumption hits a good amount every day.

2. Post #122
    Fuarrrrkin sexier than zeez bruh
    March 2011
    1,718 Posts
    I'm getting by on around 1200 calories a day. I miss my extremely trans-fatty foods that were filled to the brim with calories though...

3. Post #123
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,452 Posts
    I'm getting by on around 1200 calories a day. I miss my extremely trans-fatty foods that were filled to the brim with calories though...
    jesus christ, you must weigh like 10 lb

4. Post #124
    March 2011
    1,718 Posts
    Nope. I just finished cutting. I went from like 12stone 1 to 10stone 11 in a few months.

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    PROGRESS PICTURE WOULD BE A DELIGHT BRO

6. Post #126
    March 2011
    1,718 Posts
    I'll give you one soon, been busy all week with essays and such.

7. Post #127
    March 2011
    1,718 Posts

Now, after doing cardio and consuming the minimum my body needed.

2-3 months ago, I had jsut gone surfing and felt ashamed of my body (that is a good photo, I was looking very overweight).

A helpful diagram.

8. Post #128
    March 2010
    286 Posts
    I fucked up yesterday, ate a ton of horseshit ( not litterally), but atleast I am back on track today and have no where but forward to go

9. Post #129
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,669 Posts
    Just started at the gym, I am 140 pounds 5' 8" I want to hit around 170-180.
    Started a 3000+ calorie diet I can hopefully stick with.

I'm tired of staring at this scrawny excuse for a human in the mirror.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #130
    September 2010
    975 Posts
    Are you following a program like SL (Stronglifts) or SS (starting strength)?

11. Post #131
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,669 Posts
    no idea what that is

12. Post #132
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,351 Posts
    no idea what that is
    sounds like you read the OP really well.

no seriously, why the fuck are you even in this thread?

13. Post #133
    September 2010
    975 Posts
    Yeah, read OP, then come back.

14. Post #134
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,669 Posts
    I was just stating my current status and my goal, and now yes I am following starting strength

15. Post #135
    July 2007
    1,879 Posts
    Which one is fucking better, starting strenght or stronglifts, they are both basically the same shit.

Wtf.

I usually just do a 5x5 on 1 day of squat bench and power cleans, then the next day do a 3x5 on different lifts.

16. Post #136
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,010 Posts
    ive never seen any real benefit from upping the sets on deadlift. as for chins you could put pullups on workout a if you felt compelled for more back/lat work. why do you do 8x5 for chins instead of weighted chins for say 3/5xf/5 80%1rm
    Yeah, if you get a high squat, your deadlift will become high too. They are both legs + core, it's just that they go through a different motion.

17. Post #137
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    Which one is fucking better, starting strenght or stronglifts, they are both basically the same shit.

Wtf.

I usually just do a 5x5 on 1 day of squat bench and power cleans, then the next day do a 3x5 on different lifts.
    I'd go with SS and do ze powercleans

18. Post #138
    August 2010
    2,992 Posts
    this seems like the right place to post so...
    what are the general opinions of eating only protein so your body uses fat reserves for energy instead of intaken (made that word up) food?

19. Post #139
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    this seems like the right place to post so...
    what are the general opinions of eating only protein so your body uses fat reserves for energy instead of intaken (made that word up) food?
    Retarded.

There is a diet strategy called Protein Sparing Modified fast that is basically what you are asking; keeping protein very high while only have trace amounts of fat or carbohydrates. Calories are very. very low. It's VERY effective for fat loss in people who are already somewhat lean, but compliance is low (apart from eating bland chicken breast and plain tuna every day, consuming no carbohydrates or fats isn't the best thing for your hormonal profile) and having such low caloric intake doesn't lend well to training. Cortisol is also a serious issue if this is done for long periods of time.

You would be better off just dropping daily caloric by 500 or so, weight training and cardio. It is tried true, and works. Stop looking for shortcuts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #140
    August 2010
    2,992 Posts
    i want to start doing cardio by running\jogging a mile to and a mile back from the food store up the street everyday, but weights.... eh i dont know yet. my right arm is injured at the moment (there is a dull ache in the area behind my shoulder where a sort of "point" forms)

i only asked because my mom is doing this (went to some place like medi weightloss clinic and they said to do this) and thinks i should, and im not too sure about it because it sounds kinda iffy.

21. Post #141
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,733 Posts
    Retarded.

There is a diet strategy called Protein Sparing Modified fast that is basically what you are asking; keeping protein very high while only have trace amounts of fat or carbohydrates. Calories are very. very low. It's VERY effective for fat loss in people who are already somewhat lean, but compliance is low (apart from eating bland chicken breast and plain tuna every day, consuming no carbohydrates or fats isn't the best thing for your hormonal profile) and having such low caloric intake doesn't lend well to training. Cortisol is also a serious issue if this is done for long periods of time.

You would be better off just dropping daily caloric by 500 or so, weight training and cardio. It is tried true, and works. Stop looking for shortcuts.
    Might give this a go, I'm not overweight but I'm going on a cut soon, hopefully it won't last long.

Edited:

Will post results!

22. Post #142
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,733 Posts
    I've been doing this for two days, Ketosis starts pretty quick, but I'm trying to keep it under 60g carbs, and under 1300 calories. I've put in about 160g protein today, so it's not that bad.

I'll do this for maybe 3 weeks and then I'll ease back into a bulk.

23. Post #143
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,733 Posts
    Yo, fuck that diet, low carbs make me want to fucking shit.

Smelly bitch ass arm pits, shit stinking mouth.
    Droopy eyed sleepy cunt who can't train cause I'm thinking about sandwhiches.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

24. Post #144
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    Yo, fuck that diet, low carbs make me want to fucking shit.

Smelly bitch ass arm pits, shit stinking mouth.
    Droopy eyed sleepy cunt who can't train cause I'm thinking about sandwhiches.
    lfmao i told you

25. Post #145
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,834 Posts
    it's not a miracle diet that is supposed to work in two days you fucking retard :)

Edited:

also do you guys not wash yourselves thoroughly, like, at all?

Edited:

eat whatever the fuck you want to eat as long as you feel fine but do not spew idiotic rants on a diet you have tried for two days
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

26. Post #146
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    I've been doing this for two days, Ketosis starts pretty quick, but I'm trying to keep it under 60g carbs, and under 1300 calories. I've put in about 160g protein today, so it's not that bad.

I'll do this for maybe 3 weeks and then I'll ease back into a bulk.
    This isn't PSMF

PSMF is pretty much NOTHING except protein. Practically ZERO carbs and fats.

Edited:

it's not a miracle diet that is supposed to work in two days you fucking retard :)

Edited:

Edited:

eat whatever the fuck you want to eat as long as you feel fine but do not spew idiotic rants on a diet you have tried for two days
    Low carb diets suck deal with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #147
    August 2010
    2,992 Posts
    i need to lose about 40-6o lbs by next summer. I am about 6'2" and weigh 245.
    I would like to start exercising, but I have tendonitis in both my legs and an undiagnosed injury in my right shoulder.
    advice? thoughts? comments? help? anything? i dunno what to do.

28. Post #148
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,351 Posts
    reading the fucking OP would be a start

29. Post #149
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,838 Posts
    i need to lose about 40-6o lbs by next summer. I am about 6'2" and weigh 245.
    I would like to start exercising, but I have tendonitis in both my legs and an undiagnosed injury in my right shoulder.
    advice? thoughts? comments? help? anything? i dunno what to do.
    Stop eating bad food, read op, start walking.

Exercise bike too.

30. Post #150
    August 2010
    2,992 Posts
    the post was made after reading the op to gather further info. i cant do 1 3 or 4 so its not really too much help
    this has to be done by the summer... theres no way im going into college being fatttt

31. Post #151
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,733 Posts

Edited:

Edited:

Why do you have a boner for gay low carb diets? Do you like feeling like shit?

32. Post #152
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,885 Posts
    this is a pretty stupid question, but would snacking on something like doritos during a run ruin the point of running?

I'm not running to lose weight, in fact I actually need to gain weight pretty badly
    I just run to work on cardio and because it generally makes me feel more healthy

and snacking passes the time, because sometimes it gets a little tedious and boring

but is there any reason I should avoid it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #153
    NotMeh works out at home.
    June 2009
    12,111 Posts
    No it would not ruin the point of doing cardiovascular exercise.

34. Post #154
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,733 Posts
    this is a pretty stupid question, but would snacking on something like doritos during a run ruin the point of running?

I'm not running to lose weight, in fact I actually need to gain weight pretty badly
    I just run to work on cardio and because it generally makes me feel more healthy

and snacking passes the time, because sometimes it gets a little tedious and boring

Wait, eating doritios WHILE running?

Cause if that's the case I don't think you should be eating anything while running.

35. Post #155
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,885 Posts
    yes, while running

why not exactly?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #156
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    let me rephrase it for you; why not start jerking yourself off while running? same answer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #157
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,351 Posts

ahahahhahaha

are you fucking serious

38. Post #158
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,885 Posts
    let me rephrase it for you; why not start jerking yourself off while running? same answer.
    oh ok so I guess I can start that too

that should help entertain me during my runs

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,733 Posts
    oh ok so I guess I can start that too

that should help entertain me during my runs
    It's called an ipod.

40. Post #160
    Hi Jo
    February 2009