1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,732 Posts
    TOWN IS DEAD DON'T BOTHER TO COME, CONTINUE WURM DISCUSSION HERE HOWEVERTOWN IS DEAD DON'T BOTHER TO COME, CONTINUE WURM DISCUSSION HERE HOWEVERTOWN IS DEAD DON'T BOTHER TO COME, CONTINUE WURM DISCUSSION HERE HOWEVERTOWN IS DEAD DON'T BOTHER TO COME, CONTINUE WURM DISCUSSION HERE HOWEVERTOWN IS DEAD DON'T BOTHER TO COME, CONTINUE WURM DISCUSSION HERE HOWEVER
    Permission got to make this thread in GD

WURM ONLINE SUMMER INVASION 2011
    http://www.wurmonline.com/

This is a game run by a man called Rolf. It can be considered Minecraft's ancestor, as it used to be a cooperation project between Rolf and Markus, the man better known as Notch.

Notch eventually decided he wanted to try something different and more casual, and went to develop Minecraft, while Rolf stayed behind and continued developing Wurm Online.

What is Wurm Online?

It's an indiestyle medieval MMO that focuses far more on survival and crafting than it does around combat. It can essentially be called a hardcore version of Minecraft without blocks. A game that doesn't try to steer it's players, but rather just drops them in the middle of nowhere and tells them to fend for themselves. Players will have to gather materials by chopping down trees and mining into mountains, and then use those materials to craft tools and shelters.

The game has large persistent worlds, with several hundred players on them at the same time. These people all run their own villages and businesses. The servers are so large that it can easily take several hours to walk from one side to the other. That is, if you don't get lost and/or killed by Wurm's dangerous wildlife.

Wurm's vast forests and mountains are incredibly dangerous. Since the game is focused more on survival and settling, getting stuck in any fight without some experience, armor and a decent weapon means certain death. It takes quite a bit of training before a player is able to kill even a measly wolf, so the best fighting advice you can give to a newbie in case of an attack is to run like hell.

Facepunch and Wurm Online

Facepunch has quite a history in Wurm Online. From being nothing more than a bunch of noobs wrestling pigs in a pool of mud to being almost a civilization of it's own, spanning many large towns and settlements.

In the past, we were mostly known for being thieves and pirates, which caused some bad blood between Facepunch and the rest of the community. Over time we mellowed out a bit and the community stopped caring.

We have our own chat channel that you can reach within the game by using the integrated IRC client.
    Simply open up the ingame console by pressing F1, then type IRC, and then type /join #mingapore in IRC. People should join this channel every time they log in, as it's the easiest way for us to communicate.

The name Minglamabad itself is a play on Pakistanís capital, Islamabad. Itís a 15x15 deed designed and planned to fit around 30 people, the houses are 2x3 in size and have two people per house with the exception of the future barracks and my house which houses 6 people. The houses are given on a first come first served basis, so youíll have to come early and quick to get a place. If you donít get a place donít worry thereís room off-deed and you could get a place inside if someone leaves.
    Before arriving to the deed, assuming youíre travelling from the howl, you should note that thereís a dirt road with a fountain at it to the left, and a 1x1 house named Midgard tunnel. This is a tunnel route to the sea, or you could just head west and jump down at the sand and then jump down at the cobble road. Thereís tar to the north and clay is across the bay so youíll have to take a boat.
    Thereís a water source at the east end of the deed (fountain), there will be a barracks at the west end, and a storage house at the north including an animal enclosure. There is a guard tower which is also east of the deed, if you need help with a monster just target it and in local type help! or guards! within range of the tower and theyíll come to help. The food is kept in the fountain for now and I suggest that if you get any meat from hunting you throw it in there too. To the north past the PETA (animal/farm storage) there is the first area for planned expansion (basically you can live here if thereís no room ondeed) aka Minglamabad Heights. There is an arena which will be finished soon for tournaments, friendly spars, duels or disputes, itís southeast of the town and you canít really miss it. Past the south end of the deed there is a mine which can be accessed by the road that leads to the forest and moss.

Once you complete the tutorial, make sure to join the Freedom server (the other server isn't free to play) and then use this map to find your way to our current town.
    We also have an invite alt named Minglamabad down in at the howl.
    Route to Minglamabad:

Video
    MAP HERE
    Delex is currently at the old Minges Tirith on the east side of the map, so if you need a lift to Minglamabad from there you know who to look for.
    The route to Minglamabad is potentially dangerous, you should have full water and drink whenever you can, try to keep weight to a minimum so if youíre carrying 1ql large anvils you might aswell throw them away. If you are being attacked by a monster run to the nearest road and run away, donít try to kill it.

Questions and answers:

Do we have a town?
    Yes, we do. We are currently playing in the town of Minglamabad on the Freedom server. It's a town located in the middle of a desert. There's lots of room for more people, so come on over.

Does the game cost money?
    The game has an unlimited free trial with some limitations. A player can make a character, start playing, and the game will never tell them to pay money. Subscriptions in this game come in the form of premium time, which allows you to raise your skills beyond a limit. In the grand scheme of things, though, higher skills aren't that interesting to a newbie player, and it would rather be an option for someone with some months of experience under his belt.

Can you terraform everything?
    Yes, you can. You can chop down any tree you want, tunnel through mountains, dig holes in the ground and use the sand/dirt you dig up to make mounds and hills.

What is the best class?
    The game does not have classes. Players can be whatever they want. However, the more you use a skill, the better you get at it, and the higher quality the resources you gather or the items you make can be. Better quality materials will allow you to make better quality items, and better quality items will allow you to work faster and give you a better shot of success at doing things.

How do I start playing?
    Go to the website at http://www.wurmonline.com/ and click the black button. You will need to register an account first. Like Minecraft, the game requires java to run. Once you have an account registered, the game will download automatically and you will be dropped on a tutorial island. You need to finish the tutorial island before you can play on the real servers. We are currently playing on the Freedom server.

What are those bars in the corner?
    Those are your thirst, hunger and stamina bars. In Wurm Online, your character will become hungry and thirsty. The emptier the bars are, the hungrier and thirstier your character is. The big bar is your stamina bar, and it will go down when you move or perform actions. Standing still will recharge your stamina. If you are thirsty or hungry, your stamina will recharge slower. Drink at a fountain, well or water tile to refill your thirst bar, and eat food to refill your hunger bar. Simple food items like berries an herbs can be found by foraging or botanising grass tiles, though they will not replenish your food by much. If you run completely out of food, your character will fast and use a fat layer to replenish your food. This can only be done a couple of times, though, and it's advised to get some cooked food.
    Fortunately, we have some good cooks in our town, so you won't have to stay hungry.

I'm having trouble installing/playing the game, can someone help?
    Try looking or asking for a solution in the official forums. The tech support forums are at the bottom of the list. You may also find other useful info in the "New Player Questions" forum
    http://www.wurmonline.com/forum/

Pro tips:

1. Wurm Wiki: The answer to all your questions: http://wurmonline.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

2. Wurm Map: Regularly updated. New players spawn at The Howl, at the center of the map. Our current town is at [18x, 54y]:
    http://noizeviolation.com/wurm/Freedom_map.png

3. If you fall into a pit, just press the "Climbing" button in your event window. You don't have to suicide.

4. You don't recover stamina while swimming. Don't get stuck in water, or you will drown.

5. Don't steal from fellow FP'ers. Try to make your own carts, barrels, etc. Or ask if you can borrow.

6. Don't leave stuff lying around that you don't want to lose. It [b]will get stolen.

7. If you need something then ask for it. If nobody answers look it up in the wiki and do it yourself. People in town are usually helpful so this isn't a problem.

8. You can't starve to death. It's a common misconception, but food is still important. We have a communal food supply for the village that everyone is free to eat from. DO NOT STEAL IT.

9. Listen to other people. We've been playing for a while. We know whats up, ask us for help.

10. Not doing anything? Help others.

11. Want something put here? PM me or post in thread

12. Donít grief (donít do it around the town area if you must)

13. To join our IRC:
    1. Go to console.
    2. Type "irc"
    3. Type "/join #mingapore" in the new box that opens.

Or, if you want to do it automatically:
    1. Go to your Wurm folder, then to "configs/default" and click on autorun.
    2. Copy and paste this into the text box:
    irc
    ircsay /join #mingapore This should allow you to automatically come into the IRC every time you log on.

Current List of Players
    - Trullilulli (town mayor)
    - Atazs (co-mayor)
    - Alfred
    - Apinap
    - Bakura
    - Benata
    - Blangher
    - Blazwulf
    - Boomkrazy
    - Bowlingpig
    - Canuhearme
    - Cheezy
    - Chromeunit
    - Codeak
    - Cyanideandcupcakes
    - Darkmatter
    - Davidofmk
    - Davyjones
    - Drfreeman
    - Drmagnusson
    - Failfayse
    - Gaben
    - Garooten
    - Ghetogeek
    - Gooeychickenman
    - Hashmere
    - Haxul
    - Ihood
    - Iliekboxes
    - Ishkabibble
    - Jellybaby
    - Jnigr
    - Jordguitar
    - Jsm
    - Justaguy
    - Kaelazun
    - Kelazun
    - Kingarthias
    - Kinuhudai
    - Larten
    - Lyon
    - Minglamabad
    - Moderntalking
    - Monomon
    - Mrfrosty
    - Nitroyz
    - Northernfall
    - Ockosib
    - Prenus
    - Psychoshadow
    - Rolfalexandersen
    - Scribbles
    - Snail
    - Theryan
    - Trafalgarlaw
    - Treachery
    - Turketurketurke
    - Undeadtwo
    - Useful
    - Vaunstrungel
    - Weaselcake
    - Whomobile
    - Wingboy
    - Woovie
    - Yawmwen
    - Zyx

Pictures

Us killing a champ wildcat at the invasion earlier this year

Just some general stuff I need to tell you because you don't seem to be on ever:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Winner x 16Funny x 12Dumb x 5Artistic x 1Zing x 1Informative x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,049 Posts
    do they still shove non premiums onto a concentration camp island.

I haven't played since rolf banned me for 26 years
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 108Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Not a very good Member
    January 2010
    2,398 Posts
    I've always seen threads about Wurm on FP, never got around to checking it out, i might have to now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,732 Posts
    do they still shove non premiums onto a concentration camp island.

I haven't played since rolf banned me for 26 years
    Nah now the non-prems can play with the prems on the freedom server
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,426 Posts
    My body is ready.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,263 Posts
    I approve of this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Not a very good Member
    January 2010
    2,398 Posts
    so im in the tutorial area at the moment, but my game keeps freezing for 1 or 2 seconds every once in a while.

is it a bug? or just my location from the server?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,426 Posts
    I think Arthias had the same problem.

Try using the legacy client if you have problems with the newest client. It's more stable and should have less issues:
    http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient.jnlp

Edit: Maybe this can be added to the thread. It seems to be a common issue.

Also, the game just went down for scheduled maintenance. Downtime of 30 minutes or so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

9. Post #9
    Not a very good Member
    January 2010
    2,398 Posts
    thank you, ill check it out when the servers are back up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,334 Posts
    Hey truli, the poll said end of July. This is the 3rd. Please, wait until everyone across the world is out from school. (American summer break and Aussie semester break). We both know what facepunch is like with Towns, it'll be a month.

Edited:

Oh yeah, i'm raising wood cutting. So i'll start pumping out high QL logs soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,116 Posts
    Hey, I'm in those pictures! But I ain't taking part in the new invasion. Sorry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,334 Posts
    Ah fuck the polls DID say the 1st-10th. Sorry guys, i won't be joining you. I've got exams soon and i CAN'T BECOME ADDICTED AGAIN.

Edited:

Le fuck.

Edited:

Might want to put a warning in about how fucking addictive this game is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,732 Posts
    Hey, I'm in those pictures! But I ain't taking part in the new invasion. Sorry.
    :(

Edited:

Ah fuck the polls DID say the 1st-10th. Sorry guys, i won't be joining you. I've got exams soon and i CAN'T BECOME ADDICTED AGAIN.

Edited:

Le fuck.

Edited:

Might want to put a warning in about how fucking addictive this game is.
    ive got exams and now i'm going to fail solely because of wurm online
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,426 Posts
    thank you, ill check it out when the servers are back up.
    I've looked into it more and it seems to be a problem with catalyst drivers or something.

Here's the thread on the support forums:
    http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=55630.0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

15. Post #15
    February 2010
    5,305 Posts
    So when is everyone going to move as a mass to our new town?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

16. Post #16
    March 2011
    1,218 Posts
    I might join you guys but my computer sucks dick so I'm not sure it will be playable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Zyx
    Guest 3855 is lost and can't find the park exit
    February 2005
    2,816 Posts
    I'd like to be added to the list of villagers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,426 Posts
    So when is everyone going to move as a mass to our new town?
    I'm not sure, you can come over now but most people are still at work/school.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    February 2010
    5,305 Posts
    Here's a working link for the path to the town:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6438288/Face...0MT/Newmap.png

Edited:

I'm confused, is there a way to enter the IRC ingame?

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,912 Posts
    Here's a working link for the path to the town:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6438288/Face...0MT/Newmap.png

Edited:

Yeah.
    1. Go to console.
    2. Type "irc"

Code:
    irc
    ircsay /join #mingapore
    This should allow you to automatically come into the IRC every time you log on. Trulli, you might want to put this in the OP.

Also, if any of you are back down in Minge's Tirith, my boat is here waiting to take you to the new invasion spot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    873 Posts
    Yeah, open up console by pressing F1 whilst in the game then type irc into it. Then you just type
    /join #ircname into the new box that opens.

Edit:
    Ninja'd by about 4 seconds. :saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    February 2010
    5,305 Posts
    Yeah.
    1. Go to console.
    2. Type "irc"

Code:
    irc
    ircsay /join #mingapore
    This should allow you to automatically come into the IRC every time you log on. Trulli, you might want to put this in the OP.

Also, if any of you are back down in Minge's Tirith, my boat is here waiting to take you to the new invasion spot.
    THanks!

23. Post #23
    July 2010
    547 Posts
    Sounds like fun. I remember playing this quite some time ago. If I have time tonight I'll see if I can make it down to the invasion spot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

24. Post #24
    BOSSMAN
    January 2009
    4,413 Posts
    Just as I connect to the server and it says "Setting up" the game closes. Java crashed I guess. Anyone know of a solution?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,558 Posts
    I'm at school and I won't be available until late saturday or sunday, and even then I have craploads of homework, so we'll see.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events

26. Post #26
    November 2008
    1,779 Posts
    I think I'll come next tuesday.
    I last logged off in mingapore, with all my stuff on me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

27. Post #27
    June 2009
    1,826 Posts
    Hey hey hey, what about me in the OP? :saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,912 Posts
    Is there anyone here who needs picked up from Minge's Tirith, because if nobody is I am going to leave within the hour.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,012 Posts
    Il see if i can get online tomorro.God dam busy as hell here right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Estonia Show Events

30. Post #30
    February 2010
    5,305 Posts
    i'm on the road to Frontier now, almost there!11

31. Post #31
    November 2008
    2,386 Posts
    I'll join this madness.
    Rimbas4 in-game

EDIT:

Oh, this game is shit, I can't use numbers in my name.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Lithuania Show Events

32. Post #32
    July 2005
    11 Posts
    Yeah.
    1. Go to console.
    2. Type "irc"

Code:
    irc
    ircsay /join #mingapore

I definitely agree, if people that are interested in joining log on and are unable to speak with any of us they will become frustrated, and may leave.

Also, i'd like to be added to the list of invaders, ingame is Tronic

And one last thing, is anyone updating the steam group any more? Should we make a new one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    5,944 Posts
    Wurm is hilarious. I remember detailing my adventure to the old FP place in world chat, and random people were helping me get there on foot.

Then I died to a bear a few meters from the FP place.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    1,832 Posts
    If my character wasnt deleted already, i will join you guys for sure. Does anyone even remember me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

35. Post #35
    May 2010
    2,301 Posts
    If my character wasnt deleted already, i will join you guys for sure. Does anyone even remember me?
    You are the guy who plays league of legends with twisted fate and planning to get twitch or ezreal(or at least thats what you were doing last year)took place in the gv invasion last year.How do i know?dont ask...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,426 Posts
    I remember you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,924 Posts
    I might play again. I just have to figure out how to get out of a gate my friend's brother locked me in a while ago. I took a break for a couple months and when I log back on my house is gone, and I'm locked in a gate with a couple horses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

38. Post #38
    May 2010
    2,301 Posts
    I might play again. I just have to figure out how to get out of a gate my friend's brother locked me in a while ago. I took a break for a couple months and when I log back on my house is gone, and I'm locked in a gate with a couple horses.
    Lockpick it or ask a gm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Groovy Member
    January 2005
    2,868 Posts
    fuckin' A
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,912 Posts
    Wurm is hilarious. I remember detailing my adventure to the old FP place in world chat, and random people were helping me get there on foot.

Then I died to a bear a few meters from the FP place.
    Oh man, I think I remember that.

I can't remember, did you ever actually get to the FP place?