1. Post #1601
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,851 Posts
    I am mostly listening to Muse, Rage Against the Machine and a few tracks of System Of A Down. I know it's a weird combination but what are some bands similar to those
    Try Radiohead for similar stuff to Muse. They're only really similar to Muse's early stuff, though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #1602
    April 2011
    204 Posts
    I'd like to hear some rapping similar to Del or Atmosphere
    Those two rap in a way that is very very clear to me so I enjoy them a lot more than other rappers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

3. Post #1603
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    4,886 Posts
    I mainly listen to game soundtracks, the Beatles and daft punk, I do not like Auto Tune or Dupstep, so this might be a challenge, any recommendation?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

4. Post #1604
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,706 Posts
    I mainly listen to game soundtracks, the Beatles and daft punk, I do not like Auto Tune or Dupstep, so this might be a challenge, any recommendation?
    You seem young, wanting a start on a fresh slate:

1. Get to yourself to http://rateyourmusic.com/ and http://www.last.fm so we can talk more
    2. Browse: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=941755 , http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1075550 , http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1169377
    3. Obtain albums by a good method, stream them if you WANT but I recommend a better resource.

Just grab using your instinct imo. The world is there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #1605
    March 2010
    1,158 Posts
    I'd like to hear some rapping similar to Del or Atmosphere
    Those two rap in a way that is very very clear to me so I enjoy them a lot more than other rappers
    For Atmosphere try Macklemore, Mac Lethal, and P.O.S.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #1606
    January 2012
    689 Posts
    I'm looking to hear some classical music in the joyful, jubilant style of Mozart. And when I say classical, I don't mean it just as orchestral music. I'm saying that music from the classical era would be preferable. AK'z, I know you could probably help me with that. Here's an example of stuff I'm looking for:

(the section at 3:11)

Just stuff like that. Thanks in advance. (AK'z I know you could help me out with this)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

7. Post #1607
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,706 Posts
    I'm looking to hear some classical music in the joyful, jubilant style of Mozart. And when I say classical, I don't mean it just as orchestral music. I'm saying that music from the classical era would be preferable. AK'z, I know you could probably help me with that. Here's an example of stuff I'm looking for:

(the section at 3:11)

Just stuff like that. Thanks in advance. (AK'z I know you could help me out with this)
    I didn't know I put out a vibe that I was a classical expert.

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1100123
    there are a lot more knowledgeable people from that thread, give them a shout.

however, I think I can still grab something you may like:

8. Post #1608
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,851 Posts
    Check out the recommendation thread or the album rating thread and take your pick. It's hard to give any specific recommendations based on just The Beatles and Daft Punk. Also, is it auto-tune being used to perfect vocals that you hate, or the sound of the effect it makes? (E.G. in Cher's Believe) I personally dislike the idea of Auto-Tune being used to make vocals sound perfect, but I find when it's used as an effect it can sound quite nice. There's some nice music that uses it for the effect that you'd be shutting yourself out of by not going near anything with auto-tune

9. Post #1609
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    4,886 Posts
    I hate auto-tune since they don't bother to hide the fact in music, I don't mind them using it, just when it is so obvious I don't like it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1610
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,706 Posts
    I liked 808s and Heartbreak. It's meant to be obvious because that's the point.

11. Post #1611
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,193 Posts
    I'm not sure if auto-tune is what The Weeknd uses but if it is he uses it perfectly

12. Post #1612
    PHD IN SUCKING DICK
    June 2008
    7,027 Posts
    try listening to james blake
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #1613
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,851 Posts
    A lot of the time Auto-Tune is used it's meant to be obvious, like here:
    It gives the electronic tone to their voices, and really helps their voices to fit into the music better. The voices wouldn't mix with the music nearly as well without the auto-tune
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #1614
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,706 Posts
    yeah the japs are supreme at using vocalisers.

15. Post #1615
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,851 Posts
    This site pretty much sums it up
    http://nuance.tumblr.com/post/156534...t-have-to-suck

Edited:

Dammit AK'z. Broke my automerge
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #1616
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    4,886 Posts
    A lot of the time Auto-Tune is used it's meant to be obvious, like here:
    It gives the electronic tone to their voices, and really helps their voices to fit into the music better. The voices wouldn't mix with the music nearly as well without the auto-tune
    I don't mind it fitting in with music, but there are certain types of music that my ears say "no", even if it is meant, also I like that song now, might check the rest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #1617
    PHD IN SUCKING DICK
    June 2008
    7,027 Posts
    posting an actual song because im curious about what you think about this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

18. Post #1618
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    4,886 Posts
    posting an actual song because im curious about what you think about this
    There is a limit to the type of music I like, I do not like these types of music.

19. Post #1619
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,706 Posts
    That's not a good example he chose to show what he does with autotune. Gimme a sec.

20. Post #1620
    PHD IN SUCKING DICK
    June 2008
    7,027 Posts
    I was gonna post Lindisfarne at first but that one is kinda overdoing it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

21. Post #1621
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,706 Posts
    shut it, I'm uploading a youtube video with actual good audio quality because I just figured out how. :)

Edited:

22. Post #1622
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,851 Posts
    Good quality audio counts for nothing if it's blocked on copyright grounds

23. Post #1623
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,706 Posts
    "Your video is blocked worldwide. Please note that the video's status can change, if the policies chosen by the content owners change"

arse
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #1624
    February 2011
    4,523 Posts
    "Your video is blocked worldwide. Please note that the video's status can change, if the policies chosen by the content owners change"

arse
    Here's for you and everyone else who struggles with region specific videos:

http://lifehacker.com/5913286/proxma...d-hulu-content

Edited:

And I read that the video is blocked worldwide AFTERWARDS...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

25. Post #1625
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,706 Posts
    I put the itunes link and copyright information too. Retarded system.

Edited:

however, someone could just download the video then demux the audio and gain a free supreme quality mp3 in their grasp. Makes sense.

26. Post #1626
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,798 Posts
    I put the itunes link and copyright information too. Retarded system.
    That won't stop them.
    Never has, never will.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1627
    A Casual Businessman (or something even worse.)
    August 2009
    917 Posts
    More good shit:
    Last one is more post-rock but it's a bit mathy.
    already heard by the end of tonight (whom are excellent)

will try everything else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

28. Post #1628
    March 2011
    1,744 Posts
    I've recently gotten into a band called Infinity Shred(or now called that)

They're very grunge, using chiptunes in tandem with guitar and drums. Lots of spacey music.

29. Post #1629
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    4,886 Posts
    So I started to listen to more Perfume songs (thanks Hugarh for that song you posted) and I still want more music. I remembered Clutch who made a song for L4D2, but I can not find other work from him, I am not even sure if it is the name of the band.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #1630
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,706 Posts
    So I started to listen to more Perfume songs (thanks Hugarh for that song you posted) and I still want more music. I remembered Clutch who made a song for L4D2, but I can not find other work from him, I am not even sure if it is the name of the band.
    Do you listen to albums?

31. Post #1631
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,851 Posts
    If you liked the Perfume stuff you could try Ami Suzuki's latest album "Supreme Show." They have the same producer (Yasutaka Nakata from capsule, IIRC), but the Ami Suzuki album is more upbeat and poppy.

Clutch did a song for the L4D2 adverts, I think, which is on this album (it's track 6)
    http://www.last.fm/music/Clutch/From...et+to+Oblivion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #1632
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,193 Posts
    Clutch is a band and I'm surprised you can't find their other stuff, they're fairly famous in the stoner rock scene
    http://www.last.fm/music/Clutch
    Some of my favorite albums of theirs:

From Beale Street to Oblivion
    This one has the song from L4D2, Electric Worry, so you might want to start with it

Robot Hive / Exodus

Blast Tyrant

Self-Titled

33. Post #1633
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    4,886 Posts
    If you liked the Perfume stuff you could try Ami Suzuki's latest album "Supreme Show." They have the same producer (Yasutaka Nakata from capsule, IIRC), but the Ami Suzuki album is more upbeat and poppy.

Clutch did a song for the L4D2 adverts, I think, which is on this album (it's track 6)
    http://www.last.fm/music/Clutch/From...et+to+Oblivion
    Okay. Yeah and that is how I know Clutch, Electric worry.

Edited:

Clutch is a band and I'm surprised you can't find their other stuff, they're fairly famous in the stoner rock scene
    This one has the song from L4D2, Electric Worry, so you might want to start with it
    I can not seem to find a place to hear it online first, the songs. I am trying not to get banned so if it doesn't make sense then yeah.

34. Post #1634
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,193 Posts
    I can not seem to find a place to hear it online first, the songs. I am trying not to get banned so if it doesn't make sense then yeah.
    Spotify seems to have the majority of their stuff

35. Post #1635
    April 2010
    7,651 Posts
    Which other breakcore artists should I know about? I know Venetian Snares, Alec Empire and Otto Von Schirach.

36. Post #1636
    January 2010
    2,107 Posts
    Well a few of my favorite bands are Alexisonfire, Circa Survive, Harvard, and Interpol. Any suggestions?

37. Post #1637
    July 2010
    246 Posts
    What are some bands like Royal Republic and Danko Jones?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

38. Post #1638
    December 2009
    690 Posts
    I'm a big big big big Tom waits fan, i own allmost everything he has ever released, but i think its time that i take a look at some more music within this genre, any suggestions?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

39. Post #1639
    Here's to giving Garry Newman more money.
    August 2011
    5,133 Posts
    Can anyone suggest something similar to Fall Out Boy and The Offspring?

40. Post #1640
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,706 Posts
    I'm a big big big big Tom waits fan, i own allmost everything he has ever released, but i think its time that i take a look at some more music within this genre, any suggestions?
    Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan if you like Tom Waits. For sure.

Also Captain Beefheart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)