1. Post #721
    July 2011
    6,504 Posts
    Lightning-storm's stock would look great on a recon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #722
    June 2010
    745 Posts
    Right now I'm doing a coupler mod for my nite finder and I'm wondering, should I use epoxy or plumber's putty?

3. Post #723
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,037 Posts
    Does Nerf even exist in Estonia? It looks so tacticOOl I'd totally play it...

You and me both brotha.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Estonia Show Events

4. Post #724
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    18,016 Posts
    I got this after work, couldn't resist. $10. I wanted to buy out ALL the shells they sold and I saw like three on the hook but when I went to buy them it was only one shotgun shell pack and two regular ones so I sufficed.

Painted the furniture black.

Need to figure out how to put a one point sling on it and I think I may get velcro and shotgun cards for extra tactical.

The shells are disposable as far as I'm concerned so I can fire the darts, eject the shells and forget about it if I wanted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #725
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    911 Posts
    The new double blast from buzzbee sucks. Try to find one of the old ones. Those are actually better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #726
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,799 Posts
    I have one of the old ones. It's beautiful. The only let-down is the size of the 'stock'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #727
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    18,016 Posts
    The new double blast from buzzbee sucks. Try to find one of the old ones. Those are actually better.
    I just checked this thread after ordering one actually. I had no idea there was a side-by-side version so I bought one off Ebay.

I really need shells. I bought all the ones at Target and they haven't restocked. I need to take a ride to Wal Mart and Toys R Us sometime.

I think I'm going to paint the furniture brown and the barrel silver on the new one. Maybe.

8. Post #728
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,117 Posts
    I really want nerf to make something like this:

Except you put the darts in the bottom. That would be awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

9. Post #729
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,799 Posts
    I want nerf to make a gun with a stock like that. And is also pump action.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #730
    May 2007
    2,021 Posts
    Wouldn't the darts get crushed in a tube magazine? I agree that it would be cool, but I can't really think of how it would work.

11. Post #731
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,956 Posts
    Wouldn't the darts get crushed in a tube magazine? I agree that it would be cool, but I can't really think of how it would work.
    Nerf would be the ones to make it work

It doesnt seem hard tbh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

12. Post #732
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    18,016 Posts
    Make the spring weak and just strong enough to push the darts into the breach?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #733
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
    November 2010
    4,179 Posts
    Nerf would be the ones to make it work

It doesnt seem hard tbh
    Nerf modders have already made it work, they're known as 'Chopper clips'.

3rd one in this picture:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #734
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,956 Posts
    Nerf modders have already made it work, they're known as 'Chopper clips'.

3rd one in this picture:
    That relies on gravity and stefans though (unless that's a spring I see)

I was thinking Nerf would make darts a little more rigid and use some kind of system to apply constant but light force to the darts so they all feed into the chamber easily

seems pretty easy to do but I'm not a toy gun engineer so I don't know what can and cannot be

15. Post #735
    May 2007
    2,021 Posts
    That's actually a pretty good point. I mean, feeding them through one of those like a shotgun would be slightly different than their typical application, but I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work.

Edit:
    whoops, sorry, I've never heard of choppers before.

16. Post #736
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,956 Posts
    Pretty sure those are called hopper clips, not chopper clips. At any rate, that's a pretty good point. I mean, feeding them through one of those like a shotgun would be slightly different than their typical application, but I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work.
    I believe the bottom one, since it's not a proper hopper like the middle, is called a chopper clip

though it still falls under the category, it has a different name
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #737
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    18,016 Posts
    Today I put a one-point paracord sling on my Shotgun and I went to Toys R Us to buy more shells, only to find they didn't have any but I did get a conceal carry EDC nerf pistol.

18. Post #738
    November 2010
    4,179 Posts
    That relies on gravity and stefans though (unless that's a spring I see)

I was thinking Nerf would make darts a little more rigid and use some kind of system to apply constant but light force to the darts so they all feed into the chamber easily

seems pretty easy to do but I'm not a toy gun engineer so I don't know what can and cannot be
    Yeah, the chopper (3rd one) has a little spring in it to push the darts forward. And it does only work for stefans, because they bend more than stock nerf darts, but it's proof that a tube magazine is possible, just needs some changes to work for standard nerf darts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

19. Post #739
    May 2011
    70 Posts
    Why wouldn't you guys just get airsoft guns, or better yet, real firearms and have some REAL FUN
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 26 (list)

20. Post #740
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    18,016 Posts
    Why wouldn't you guys just get airsoft guns, or better yet, real firearms and have some REAL FUN
    I have a Winchester Model 12 in 20GA and a .22 Marlin Lever-Action.

And for Airsoft guns I have an ARES Tavor, BE Type 89, VFC M4, CYMA AK-74.

I think Nerf is kinda fun and neat. It's really cheap too compared to Airsoft and real-steel firearms. I can also shoot my friends with nerf guns and they won't bleed (airsoft) or DIE (Firearms) and I can brandish them in public with my friends without the Police showing up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #741
    October 2009
    720 Posts
    Good job reading the thead.

22. Post #742
    September 2008
    1,224 Posts
    Anyone know where I can get a Magstrike AS-10 cheap? Target doesn't have them for $20 no more :C

23. Post #743
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,956 Posts
    why would anyone play call of duty!!! be a real man and join the military!!!

this argument is dumb, overplayed, and you should contemplate dying
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

24. Post #744
    November 2010
    4,179 Posts
    Because airsoft is illegal here in Australia and getting a firearms licence is rather difficult.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #745
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,489 Posts

Edited:

I'm not getting my hopes up for a better dart in the Elite Dart. Looks like it's just a blue streamline
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

26. Post #746
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,799 Posts
    Just done my first mod- the barrel drop thing for the maverick. I love it.

I'm not getting my hopes up for a better dart in the Elite Dart. Looks like it's just a blue streamline
    The dart foam looks a bit thicker, so it could be heavier, and could go further. It looks much better than the streamline.

27. Post #747
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    18,016 Posts
    I ended up buying $40 worth of shells. I finally found them at Wal-Mart and bought every single one, just took them all off the hooks and carried them away.

I ruined some little kids birthday probably. Now I have a ridiculous number of shells, if I play a nerf game they're disposable essentially.

My original side-by-side Buzzbee Shotgun just came in too. (Not pictured)

Edited:

I also bought two of those "Jolt" blasters. The tiny ones. I keep one on me whenever I leave the house and the other I leave in my glovebox.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #748
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,799 Posts
    I'd think it'd be best if you could mod that over-and-under doubleshot to use only one barrel, but have both plungers wired to it. Like, saw the bottom one off, so it's a single barrel shotgun. Oh and, how's the stock of the over-and-under one compared to the side-by-side one?

29. Post #749
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    18,016 Posts
    Over-Under gets better range but I'm starting to think the shells and darts have an impact.

Side-by-Side is infinitely easier to load. I might buy a new Over-Under and keep it stock with the original color scheme. I keep wanting to paint them but than I realize that defeated the purpose of a brandish-able toy firearm.

30. Post #750
    April 2007
    1,223 Posts
    They should make a Winchester-style lever action rifle... that'd look too awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

31. Post #751
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,956 Posts
    Over-Under gets better range but I'm starting to think the shells and darts have an impact.

Side-by-Side is infinitely easier to load. I might buy a new Over-Under and keep it stock with the original color scheme. I keep wanting to paint them but than I realize that defeated the purpose of a brandish-able toy firearm.
    You can paint it, just make sure you keep the tip of the gun orange.

That's what I did when I painted my Buzzbee RFR - I used model paint and painted the tip a vibrant orange.

32. Post #752
    May 2007
    2,021 Posts
    They should make a Winchester-style lever action rifle... that'd look too awesome.
    Buzzbee makes one called the rapid fire rifle. Having used one myself, I don't recommend it, as the lever is uncomfortable and surprisingly hard to cycle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #753
    October 2011
    31 Posts
    Man this one was legit. We had kids on our block and the ones around it who all played nerf. Each kid had a different gun too, so we eventually formed teams and made up missions and game rules. It was legit. And one Christmas a kid got the Vulcan belt fed machine gun, and we made up the best game ever. It was like Capter the flag, but only one team had the flag. So one team defends the flag (the vulcan was stationary on the tripod guarding it) and we would get walkie-talkies (radios) and organize plans.

I had 2 guns. One for defense missions, one for offense missions.

Offense:

(i took off the barrol and used a better stock from a different gun.)
    Defense:

I traded my lazer from the other gun for the longshot scope to put on this. I used it like a sniper.

I almost always was a sniper, i would have me and my friend hide in bushes and stuff and have a team of 3 breach a kids house for the "flag" or hostage or whatever game we played. And eventually my spring wore out and i played offense. Until I bought a replacement spring online. Best purchase ever. You can make your nerf gun a sniper if you replace the spring with something strong, and remove the air restrictor. Best childhood games EVER.

Just read this on Mod Works:

PTG: Parallel-To-Ground (Shoulder height, no elevation)
    ATG: Angled-To-Ground (Aimed higher, 30 degrees elevation)

Distance is measured at where the dart lands (Average of 6 darts).

Stock Longshot
    PTG = 25 ft
    ATG = 35 ft

Modded Longshot (AR Removal & 14kg Load Aftermarket Spring)
    PTG = 70 ft
    ATG = 85 ft
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #754
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    963 Posts
    The only problem with the Longstrike* is that its barrel extension ruins the range.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #755
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,538 Posts
    The only problem with the Longstrike* is that its barrel extension ruins the range.
    I got a 6 KG spring in mine with some metal parts for reinforcement and that pretty much gets over the barrel extension problem!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #756
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    963 Posts
    I got a 6 KG spring in mine with some metal parts for reinforcement and that pretty much gets over the barrel extension problem!
    I guess, I tried a few different strength springs but the barrel always decreases the range by ~10%
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

37. Post #757
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,956 Posts
    It's a pain in the ass too because the longstrike looks odd without the barrel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #758
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    911 Posts
    Buzzbee makes one called the rapid fire rifle. Having used one myself, I don't recommend it, as the lever is uncomfortable and surprisingly hard to cycle.
    Buzzbee stopped production of that gun. So now it's like $35 or more on ebay.

39. Post #759
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,538 Posts
    It's a pain in the ass too because the longstrike looks odd without the barrel.
    This was pretty much the sole reason I upgraded my spring

40. Post #760
    October 2009
    1,861 Posts
    The local HvZ moderator team is selling some modded up nerf guns for Child's Play, I'm picking up 3 today. A nitefinder and two strikefires, should be fantastic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events