1. Post #761
    May 2010
    1,301 Posts
    I have a Winchester Model 12 in 20GA and a .22 Marlin Lever-Action.

And for Airsoft guns I have an ARES Tavor, BE Type 89, VFC M4, CYMA AK-74.

I think Nerf is kinda fun and neat. It's really cheap too compared to Airsoft and real-steel firearms. I can also shoot my friends with nerf guns and they won't bleed (airsoft) or DIE (Firearms) and I can brandish them in public with my friends without the Police showing up.
    As someone with Airsoft and not Nerf, you answered that stupid question perfectly.
    Though i have to say, those shell ejecting lever-action "nerf" guns are pretty fun. I lit my friend up the other day. He should have never told me "Hey check this out"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #762
    May 2009
    360 Posts
    Got some crappy phone pics of my Raider. I did a simple black/white repaint, and got one of those 'flip-clip' refills from Amazon, since I think it looks a lot cooler with the 6 round mag than the huge, unwieldy drum.

I'll try to get a pic of my whole arsenal up soon, it's rather large. My latest acquisition is a Rayven... and I rather like it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #763
    I MADE THIS MY AVATAR FOR ATTENTION, PLEASE BAN ME
    March 2010
    626 Posts
    Got some crappy phone pics of my Raider. I did a simple black/white repaint, and got one of those 'flip-clip' refills from Amazon, since I think it looks a lot cooler with the 6 round mag than the huge, unwieldy drum.

I'll try to get a pic of my whole arsenal up soon, it's rather large. My latest acquisition is a Rayven... and I rather like it!
    Oh god that is pure sexy.

4. Post #764
    October 2011
    31 Posts
    The only problem with the Longstrike* is that its barrel extension ruins the range.
    What I did is take a stick (i had a bolt of darts) and sand down the inside Just a little and then install a better spring. If your moving, the barrol helps with accuracy, and if you sand it and get a good spring, its like super sweet. I used to really not like nerf for the range reasons. but Modding helps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

5. Post #765
    ~ pissing excellence ~
    May 2005
    2,833 Posts
    I want to buy a nerf gun just to have it sitting around and to harrass people, would the maverick be a good choice? It will be my very first nerf gun and probably the only one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #766
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,398 Posts
    I want to buy a nerf gun just to have it sitting around and to harrass people, would the maverick be a good choice? It will be my very first nerf gun and probably the only one
    Yes, but I disagree with the part in bold
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #767
    April 2009
    664 Posts
    Guys it distresses me why dedicated people like you, willing to customise and fiddle around with weapons, aren't spending this time and money on airsoft?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #768
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,398 Posts
    Guys it distresses me why dedicated people like you, willing to customise and fiddle around with weapons, aren't spending this time and money on airsoft?
    Can't tell if trolling, or just extremely stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

9. Post #769
    ~ pissing excellence ~
    May 2005
    2,833 Posts
    Yes, but I disagree with the part in bold
    I was never into nerf, so maybe you're right. The long shot or something seems to be pretty neat.
    Ps. I never used one before so I might be underestimating them on how much they're going to entertain me.
    Another thing I'd like to know is, are darts disposable? I don't want to buy new ones every time I want to annoy someone. I know I am illiterate with this matter but a dude a few pages ago said something about darts being disposable and I just wanted to clear this out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

10. Post #770
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,398 Posts
    I was never into nerf, so maybe you're right. The long shot or something seems to be pretty neat.
    Ps. I never used one before so I might be underestimating them on how much they're going to entertain me.
    Another thing I'd like to know is, are darts disposable? I don't want to buy new ones every time I want to annoy someone. I know I am illiterate with this matter but a dude a few pages ago said something about darts being disposable and I just wanted to clear this out.
    Depends how much money you have. They're just rubber and foam, but they can be quite pricey depending on country and supplier. A lot of people recommend you make your own darts ('stefans') out of foam backing and hot glue. You can make thousands for very little money and then they are effectively disposable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

11. Post #771
    October 2011
    31 Posts
    i have nerf guns from when i was young, and its still fun.

but i have mainly focused on airsoft now. Its very fun (and very scary sometimes!) I have a Tokyo Marui MP5 and a Scorpion SMG as a secondary/fun short rounds. Happy shooting!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #772
    October 2009
    1,847 Posts
    If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times... If you have small amounts of money and live in the city, Nerf is a much better thing to get into.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #773
    Dennab
    October 2010
    354 Posts
    If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times... If you have small amounts of money and live in the city, Nerf is a much better thing to get into.
    also if you live in Australia since airsoft is illegal, plus you are only allowed to have a bb gun with a full blown gun license...dunno why
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #774
    DANK
    July 2011
    10,275 Posts
    I was thinking about buying some nerf guns the other day, I might go for it.
    How much can you get a good one for?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

15. Post #775
    ~ pissing excellence ~
    May 2005
    2,833 Posts
    Airsoft is illegal in Brazil too :saddowns:
    I'm going to make a bank account today and my testing purchase is gonna be it (the maverick I was talking about)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

16. Post #776
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,913 Posts
    I was thinking about buying some nerf guns the other day, I might go for it.
    How much can you get a good one for?
    The Mavrick. The pistol revolver looking one along with two other pistols are on sale at target for $7-8~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

17. Post #777
    No such thing as overkill.
    January 2007
    7,802 Posts
    Got this done a while back but never actually posted it, figured it might inspire some of you guys to try more advanced projects. I intend to use this in HvZ.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #778
    June 2008
    877 Posts
    Looks great but gigantic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

19. Post #779
    DANK
    July 2011
    10,275 Posts
    Bigger is better.
    Everybody is afraid of the guy with the biggest gun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

20. Post #780
    January 2007
    7,802 Posts
    Looks great but gigantic.
    It's pretty big, a tiny bit longer than a Longshot without front gun and with stock extended. Still manageable though. The more important part is that it weighs 9lbs.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

21. Post #781
    October 2008
    3,760 Posts
    Are you going to do anything with the added frame? Like, give it more paint and decals? Tbh it's kinda ugly right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #782
    January 2007
    7,802 Posts
    Are you going to do anything with the added frame? Like, give it more paint and decals? Tbh it's kinda ugly right now.
    It's going to get some weathering, added surface detail, cleanup, and an LED round counter built from an Arduino when I can get around to it. Overall though it's gonna stay pretty plain, I'm trying to stay somewhat close to the source material:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

23. Post #783
    October 2008
    3,760 Posts
    On a similar note, a Starship Troopers rifle replica would be hilarious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

24. Post #784
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,913 Posts
    On a similar note, a Starship Troopers rifle replica would be hilarious.
    Would you like to learn more?

Y/N

Edited:

Also:

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes me wish for a Nuclear Winter.

It's my Nerf getup for Fallout/STALKER LARP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

25. Post #785
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,813 Posts

Finally got one since I'm going nerfpunking to a steampunk convention.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #786

February 2012
    61 Posts
    I swear to god I saw it somewhere else before.
    Isn't that the gun from RAGE?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

27. Post #787
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,913 Posts
    I think I'm going to buy a Ravyen soon. They're the only good looking Nerf Guns on the market, they run on magazines and are semi-automatic. I couldn't ask for much more. I'm going to ditch the giant LED one and buy a bunch of 6-rounders or whatever the smallest mag is.

28. Post #788
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,813 Posts
    I'd like the rayven more if it wasn't the green it was

The shape is pretty awesome but I'd prefer Nerf yellow over radioactive green TBH

29. Post #789
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    13,684 Posts
    I'd like the rayven more if it wasn't the green it was

The shape is pretty awesome but I'd prefer Nerf yellow over radioactive green TBH
    They did that only because it is a glow-in-the-dark model, so they wanted it to be distinct from the others.

30. Post #790
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,813 Posts
    They did that only because it is a glow-in-the-dark model, so they wanted it to be distinct from the others.
    I know, but even for a nerf gun I think it looks ridiculous

31. Post #791
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,913 Posts
    I'm going to spray paint mine black, probably spray all the magazines gray and leave the tip orange.

This Friday I'll pick one up on my way out of work, extra mags and darts.

32. Post #792
    September 2008
    1,224 Posts
    Toys R Us is having a sale on the N-Strike Stampede for $27. I would get it , but 6D batteries oh god

33. Post #793
    I pleasure myself while wearing Combine armour~~
    May 2010
    7,855 Posts
    I bought a Rayven, but I don't have any fucking space, Lord God Almighty! I need a bigger room already
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #794
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,527 Posts
    I bought a Rayven, but I don't have any fucking space, Lord God Almighty! I need a bigger room already
    Get strap and a hook, nail hook to celing, strap to gun, gun is now decorative AND defensive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

35. Post #795
    I pleasure myself while wearing Combine armour~~
    May 2010
    7,855 Posts
    Uhm, shit... I mounted the recon barrel on my rayven but now its impossible to get off.

EDIT: Dunno why but it works fine with the Longstrike's barrel. The only way I got it off is dismantling the recon barrel and removing it that way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

36. Post #796
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    23,052 Posts
    I owned a night finder but the pullback on it is now broken and my bolts only travel 10 ft or so.
    I liked it because of the power it had compared to other nerf guns.
    I noticed these disk launchers that have a very nice range on it, but does it travel slower than conventional nerf darts?

I could imagine that it travels slower than the night finder because the disk ammo has areodynamics that explain the long range for the weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

37. Post #797
    October 2009
    1,847 Posts
    I owned a night finder but the pullback on it is now broken and my bolts only travel 10 ft or so.
    I liked it because of the power it had compared to other nerf guns.
    I noticed these disk launchers that have a very nice range on it, but does it travel slower than conventional nerf darts?

I could imagine that it travels slower than the night finder because the disk ammo has areodynamics that explain the long range for the weapons.
    Actually the discs travel a lot faster, the only danger is that they become slightly less accurate in moderate to high winds; overall, though, they're great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

38. Post #798
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    23,052 Posts
    Actually the discs travel a lot faster, the only danger is that they become slightly less accurate in moderate to high winds; overall, though, they're great.
    Ok good. I have this hobby of shooting at this target while im in the man cave when games are loading or when commercials are playing.

I dont like bullets that curve drasticly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

39. Post #799
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,913 Posts
    Protip: Most of you already know this but don't cock your nerf gun and leave it. It'll compress the spring and ruin your range and power. Doesn't take more than a few hours before leaving it like that starts to compress it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 2 (list)

40. Post #800
    September 2008
    1,224 Posts
    -snip-