1. Post #81
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    12,771 Posts
    i took this not-so-creative video, but i love the way the bokeh looks

and i had to audioswap because it was like 30mph wind, and i can't edit AVCHD video with premiere CS3

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,513 Posts
    I don't think I posted this here before:

It's the intro for the film I'm working on

It's gonna fade into the first shot ofc, not just cut off
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    12,771 Posts
    that looks awesome! you are getting some really good quality out of that 3100 i'm impressed

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,513 Posts
    that looks awesome! you are getting some really good quality out of that 3100 i'm impressed
    Thanks a lot

5. Post #85
    March 2006
    4,106 Posts
    Here's a video I shot in 20 minutes with B-hazard. He's hammering a nail into a tree with his Zenit.

I messed up the export. There's no sound and the ratio's fucked up.

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,516 Posts
    how do you two know each other

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,513 Posts
    damn bhazard is attractive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,942 Posts
    how do you two know each other
    I do believe that BHaz is on holiday in Estonia
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #89

September 2011
    2 Posts

I do photography, so this is my first attempt at a video. Let me know what you think! Thanks

10. Post #90
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    25,553 Posts
    Glad you could make it over here, man. It has its moments where there's a good feel of movement to the beat of the music, but honestly I think you'd need something heavier, given the way people were moving and dancing (except at the beginning, it was rather light with one or two bouncing dancers in an unmoving crowd). I understand if you had limited amounts of footage to work with, but I'd probably have cut the time of the song short (or find a shorter song) just so you could pack more of the good stuff together and lose the loose ends, swap scenes to the beat more often, and overall just kick it up a notch. I know the festival had some crazy moments, I'd like to get a feel of that out of the video rather than experiencing a bit of that early show lull.

0:46 to 1:15, I loved the per-measure cuts, gave the feeling of lots of energy building and motion happening. That's what I'd like to see more of out of the whole thing
    1:20, much, much more of that.
    1:40 is that what I think it is bouncing in the crowd?

11. Post #91

September 2011
    2 Posts
    Glad you could make it over here, man. It has its moments where there's a good feel of movement to the beat of the music, but honestly I think you'd need something heavier, given the way people were moving and dancing (except at the beginning, it was rather light with one or two bouncing dancers in an unmoving crowd). I understand if you had limited amounts of footage to work with, but I'd probably have cut the time of the song short (or find a shorter song) just so you could pack more of the good stuff together and lose the loose ends, swap scenes to the beat more often, and overall just kick it up a notch. I know the festival had some crazy moments, I'd like to get a feel of that out of the video rather than experiencing a bit of that early show lull.

0:46 to 1:15, I loved the per-measure cuts, gave the feeling of lots of energy building and motion happening. That's what I'd like to see more of out of the whole thing
    1:20, much, much more of that.
    1:40 is that what I think it is bouncing in the crowd?
    Thanks so much for your feedback and yep. There was two of them repping facepunch :D

12. Post #92
    November 2008
    1,191 Posts
    Shakkkkkkkyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,349 Posts
    I would not call this /creative/ videography since it is just done with my phone's cam.

It was raining like fuck so I tried to cover my phone.

The thing is, I was wondering about taking my DSLR (Canon 550D) with me the next time.
    It would be indoor but are there any precautions to take?
    Could laser beams damage my sensor / howto prevent that etc...

Would love to hear some feedback.

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,513 Posts
    My friend got me a gorillapod slr-zoom for my birthday which is good as a mini tripod, but great as a fig-rig as well!

15. Post #95
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,942 Posts

I do photography, so this is my first attempt at a video. Let me know what you think! Thanks
    what's the track called that you used? I recognise pendulum vocal samples

Edited:

sounds similar to the island - cicada remix http://grooveshark.com/s/The+Island+...+/3WlyTM?src=5

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,777 Posts
    i can't edit AVCHD video with premiere CS3
    MPEG Streamclip, sucka

17. Post #97
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    25,553 Posts
    what's the track called that you used? I recognise pendulum vocal samples

Edited:

sounds similar to the island - cicada remix http://grooveshark.com/s/The+Island+...+/3WlyTM?src=5
    Calvin Harris - Awooga (Pendelum Remix)

18. Post #98
    March 2006
    4,106 Posts
    A timelapse I shot on saturday of Ridali Landing Championships. Didn't have time to do any different and more creative angles (which I would've wanted to do) because I was also competing.

The export failed tons of times, this one was the least shitty one. Lost a couple of seconds of footage from both ends though. Colors didn't export like I would've wanted them to either.

This is what it was supposed to look like:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Estonia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    August 2011
    410 Posts
    This is a trailer for a haunted house in my city, my brother made the video.

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,516 Posts
    This is a trailer for a haunted house in my city, my brother made the video.

I see one spelling mistake. It says Evil has return, but it should be returned instead.
    Other than that, looks cool

21. Post #101
    August 2011
    410 Posts
    I see one spelling mistake. It says Evil has return, but it should be returned instead.
    Other than that, looks cool
    he fixed it and uploaded a new one, but thanks

22. Post #102
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    12,771 Posts
    MPEG Streamclip, sucka
    What is this mpeg streamclip? I'm hesitant to convert the video because it's 60i, and i would rather have that than 30p

23. Post #103
    September 2011
    957 Posts
    Cinematography at work here:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

24. Post #104
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,942 Posts
    I made this for school

I made another ad too, I'll post it in a couple of days when my Vimeo 1 HD video a week limit resets

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,513 Posts
    I made this for school

I made another ad too, I'll post it in a couple of days when my Vimeo 1 HD video a week limit resets
    I liked everything apart from the bad low res video clips you used to explain the problems that energy drinks have

I would have done it like, using the same guy against the black background but doing the things the video was showing - seizing for the seizures bit, taking mental heath pills for that bit etc.

The sound quality wasn't great but I guess that's not your fault if you don't have an expensive camera/mic

really good job though

26. Post #106
    Gez
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    227 Posts
    A short film based on a real events.

27. Post #107
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,942 Posts
    I liked everything apart from the bad low res video clips you used to explain the problems that energy drinks have

I would have done it like, using the same guy against the black background but doing the things the video was showing - seizing for the seizures bit, taking mental heath pills for that bit etc.

The sound quality wasn't great but I guess that's not your fault if you don't have an expensive camera/mic

really good job though
    100% agree. I was the cinematographer / editor and I said that unless that stock was really beatiful high def stuff the ad would suffer, low and behold the producer on our team comes up with these 320x240 videos they ripped off youtube :/

Edited:

I liked it up until the music changed the first time, mashups like that just destroy flow.

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,516 Posts

took way too long for something to happen and when it did, it wasn't very rewarding. Basically just a video about a guy sitting on a couch.
    Oh and the mixing of the music and audio wasn't great(not to mention you used music from Coldgay ;)
    The audio from the guy speaking is panned all the way to the left speaker, so it's not stereo and very annoying. Easily fixed if you changed it to the center. The voice itself isn't mixed in very good. The audio-quality has lots of noise and you can hear some other noises like someone bumping the microphone or whatever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #109
    Gez
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    227 Posts
    I should have mentioned it wasn't made to be a serious film, literally shot and edited in 3 hours for friends.
    And yes, i'm well aware of the gayness of Coldplay, it was kind of the point.
    But thanks for your critique.
    Here's a showreel from 3 years ago.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,516 Posts
    I should have mentioned it wasn't made to be a serious film, literally shot and edited in 3 hours for friends.
    And yes, i'm well aware of the gayness of Coldplay, it was kind of the point.
    But thanks for your critique.
    Here's a showreel from 3 years ago.

Ah ok, nevermind then :)

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,513 Posts
    Where's the best place to find colour correction presets for premiere pro? I've found loads for after effects, but none for premiere

32. Post #112
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    12,771 Posts

really good job though
    I don't think the low quality videos were that bad, i mean it's not like you could actually go and take those clips yourself. I think they add kind of a raw sense to it. I liked the video as a whole, it was very informative and the shot of the concert was cool

33. Post #113
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,942 Posts
    here's the other one

(I and my team like this one more)

34. Post #114
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    25,553 Posts
    not too much a fan of the shakiness of the camera, wish ya had a tripod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    July 2011
    54 Posts
    Shot this with my iPhone 4

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,513 Posts
    This was back when I was 12 (not that long ago), filming with a canon ixus or some shit for a geography project. I'm the scientist guy who comes in after a few seconds

I'm surprised at my maturity back then, I'd probably laugh saying half that stuff now, prostitutes and all

37. Post #117
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    25,553 Posts
    not mine, but this is some fun camera work. Shot with a 7D and there's some obvious Twixtor usage, but impressive. copied scene for scene from the animated series probably, but whatever.

Skip to 5:10

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

38. Post #118
    November 2008
    1,191 Posts
    That's actually pretty awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,513 Posts
    not mine, but this is some fun camera work. Shot with a 7D and there's some obvious Twixtor usage, but impressive. copied scene for scene from the animated series probably, but whatever.

Skip to 5:10

That's actually phenomenal, they choreographed it all themselves though because that's not how the fight goes in the anime

how long did that take them, do you know?

40. Post #120
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    25,553 Posts
    not a clue, a friend linked it to me and I didn't bother reading much else into it before declaring it to be ~awesome~