1. Post #201
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    187 Posts
    For this being my "first" "third" time lapse. What do you think? The only reason the camera angles kept moving was because of people getting in the way. Oh and the awesome helicopter had to get that in there.

2. Post #202
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,889 Posts
    i feel kinda bad because this is my first post in this section for like 2 months

anyway I really hate this movie and I had no control over the shitty script and most of the directing
    but I got to do all the cinematography and editing and stuff so I might as well post it

I know the colors and sound are messed up at several points
    and I wasn't the one who decided on messing with the curves so much during the flashbacks, the director wanted me to do that

anyway this one I shot and edited yesterday, I like it 100x more

fuck yeah!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #203
    June 2011
    660 Posts
    How did the doughnut taste?

Also in the first video "the whole summer was on that camera" and then it turns out to use film. Not sure about that.

The scene on the bridge was shaky because you had your tripod on the bridge and they walked on it. Was a bit annoying. The establishing shot on the first scene with the car was a bit awkward to watch. Like they wait until the camera starts rolling to speak their text. Maybe the could have been waiting for someone or you could have started their discussion .5 seconds before you cut to that scene so it feels a bit more fluid.
    Anyways I thought the part from 5:32 on was pretty good. Even though there was a lot of movement in the scene I felt like I had a position in the room and did not jump around.

4. Post #204
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,889 Posts
    yeah the plot was fucking terrible
    we were assigned groups and I thought this was probably the worst of the 6 scripts that my teacher chose for our class to film
    the bridge scene was filmed in a rush because of the actors availability, I really wanted to go back and re-film a lot of the shots in the woods but nobody had the time. there were discontinuities in there, and most of my least favorite shots in the entire movie were part of that scene
    I also wish I had been more careful about the lighting and color in the indoor scenes. I dont know if you noticed, but I had to do a lot of color correction and none of it looked right

anyway overall I guess I'm proud of my work, I just wish I could have gotten more into it. it was hard to get excited and motivated on such a shitty script

for comparison here's one of the other projects which I think owns and has a great script:

Edited:

the donut was great

5. Post #205
    November 2009
    1,188 Posts

i actually had no reason to make this video. it was a really rainy day, and i'm usually at the skatepark, but i couldn't go anywhere. so, i sat at home, and screwed around with the video function on my 1100d. came out fairly decent i think, other than the fact there was nothing too interesting in this video.

6. Post #206
    June 2007
    218 Posts
    anyway this one I shot and edited yesterday, I like it 100x more

fuck yeah!
    why are your shorts so short

also i want that eclipse shirt

7. Post #207
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,420 Posts
    My latest video from last weekend!

https://vimeo.com/43410462

FFS mediatags don't work with Vimeo!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #208
    November 2008
    1,196 Posts
    http://youtu.be/Yp0-KLm0upM(I'm the white guy lol)

9. Post #209
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,409 Posts
    I love how the dad and son can only be a few years apart in age

10. Post #210
    November 2008
    1,196 Posts
    Lol, yeah, we had to use what we had. Deadline was only a week after we shot it.

11. Post #211
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,768 Posts

My first music video!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #212
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,509 Posts
    no way, i made a texting and driving PSA too!

So there is a follow-up contest to the contest i originally submitted this to, and I hate to be that guy who asks for your votes, but if you honestly liked my video enough to support it in a competition, I would be extremely grateful. If you're interested, you can vote on the contest website here:

http://maker.good.is/projects/itcanwait

Hope this isn't against the rules. I just really need some support to win this thing.

13. Post #213
    November 2008
    2,274 Posts
    My latest video from last weekend!

FFS mediatags don't work with Vimeo!
    I always love your drifting videos mate! just wish you could get more dramatic shots of the cars, idk they just seem too easy to achieve. Maybe if you could get yourself inside the corners or something? lower your camera down to ground level and pan as the car drifts by?

14. Post #214
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,420 Posts
    I always love your drifting videos mate! just wish you could get more dramatic shots of the cars, idk they just seem too easy to achieve. Maybe if you could get yourself inside the corners or something? lower your camera down to ground level and pan as the car drifts by?
    Thanks! They don't always allow you to go onto the track, but when I do it whenever I can. And yeah, all the safety precautions does prevent you from doing a lot of the cool angles. If I want to get a shot from ground level, there's either a concrete barrier in the way, or the officials will kick you away because you're either not behind a barrier, or you have to be able to run away if any of the cars gets out of control and slides off the track, which they often do.

It's gernerally become a pain in the ass to film around the track, which is why I'm concerning more about the pit area, and showing that we're having a good time, though I'd like to have more free space around the track.

15. Post #215
    November 2008
    2,274 Posts
    Ahh i can understand all of that!! I felt as though the pit footage was also a bit dull, i mean yeah go ahead and show us the faces of the team but dont over-do it.. the reason ANYONE would want to watch a video about a drifting team is to see badass cars doing badass drifts!!

Just a shame you don't have better access to better angles and all :(

16. Post #216
    Glod Menber
    June 2008
    4,510 Posts

It's not photography, so I posted it here

Also, I'll try to remember a tripod for the next competition

He did not break anything, he only hurt his hand.   

17. Post #217
    November 2008
    2,274 Posts
    looks like he caught it as he came off and twisted it, poor guy!

18. Post #218
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    Sampling IBIS with an ominous atmosphere.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,420 Posts
    Ahh i can understand all of that!! I felt as though the pit footage was also a bit dull, i mean yeah go ahead and show us the faces of the team but dont over-do it.. the reason ANYONE would want to watch a video about a drifting team is to see badass cars doing badass drifts!!

Just a shame you don't have better access to better angles and all :(
    Well, now the shakyness shouldn't be a problem :D

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,420 Posts
    So I tested out the video head today

https://vimeo.com/44342760

Edited:

automerge? :s
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #221
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    12,990 Posts
    took some short video clips at the lake and compiled them in a video, i want to do more stuff like this in the future. the last shot is my favorite

22. Post #222
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,841 Posts
    -snip-

23. Post #223
    May 2011
    205 Posts
    https://vimeo.com/48373460

Hope you'll give it a click

24. Post #224
    November 2008
    1,196 Posts
    Pretty cool and trippy. How long did it take to make?

Also, felt like it could go with some deep inspirational speech

25. Post #225
    September 2011
    225 Posts
    That was actually pretty cool, but you probably reused some of the same shots too much. The clouds and that planet was really repetitive.

26. Post #226
    ~I want you inside me~
    May 2005
    17,362 Posts
    I've been trying to get the hang of sony vegas so I can start using my camera's video function more

so here's a few bits put together from when i went to waikiki, the shooting is obviously awful but the scenery is pretty nice and i was just trying to get the hang of video editing, mainly blending shots together and getting the rendering settings right.

and here's a video of some dogs just because

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #227
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,420 Posts
    A little video from our practiceday in Sweden yesterday!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #228
    November 2008
    1,196 Posts
    Cool, but don't really think the music fits well, especially with the roaring and screeching of cars in the background.

29. Post #229
    November 2008
    500 Posts
    Nothing amazing just a timelapse
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #230
    July 2008
    1,277 Posts
    Had a spare hour after watching the walking dead, the intro is pretty easy to make so I gave it a try might finish it sometime:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaqJvIH0-5k
    http://youtu.be/kaqJvIH0-5k

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaqJvIH0-5k"]

EDIT:

Why wont it embedd anymore?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #231
    November 2008
    1,196 Posts
    Is that footage all yours?

32. Post #232
    November 2008
    500 Posts
    another clip from the realm of boredom

Not really sure if this belongs here but you are all nice guys so what the hell
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...ature=view_all playlist of some stuff i'm doing for a band entirely done in after effects

33. Post #233
    November 2008
    1,196 Posts
    When you have the flare in the composition like that, it makes it look like you're just rotating 3d elements. If that's what you're going for it's fine, but I'm getting the idea that you want it to be this object frozen in time, and the camera moving around it? (I could be totally off on this one)

34. Post #234
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,420 Posts
    Cool, but don't really think the music fits well, especially with the roaring and screeching of cars in the background.

Thanks, but the video isn't about the cars. It's about the people, and what a chill and fun day we had. It's supposed so show that we all just had a fun and relaxed day, before closing off the season.

35. Post #235
    November 2008
    1,196 Posts
    Was editing my school news last night, and didn't have time to finish this short skit we slapped together for Halloween. So I made a quick little teaser for it...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #236
    November 2008
    1,196 Posts
    Here's our PSA we put together in a couple days. It's not the original we had in mind, but 25 seconds wasn't enough so we had to change it completely.

37. Post #237
    September 2010
    924 Posts
    So after I showed this during one of my film classes and not getting the feedback that I wanted (everybody loved it, didn't really get that much constructive criticism), I figured I might as well go to the one place where people can always find something wrong.

So tell me Facepunch, what can I do better next time?

38. Post #238
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    76 Posts
    So tell me Facepunch, what can I do better next time?
    You had some inconsistencies with the clock in the background. There was some harsh sunlight on the table at the start and finish but when curious guy got to the table the light was soft. The first guy left the box with "L3" facing the second guy and then suddenly the box switched.

I kinda thought it was distracting when the curious guy suddenly started talking. Maybe an "Erm" or some noise along this line would have helped preparing the audience from "there is no one talking" to "one of this guys just said something". Maybe you could just have gone from a "he caught me awkward pause" to the "go ahead hand gesture" without talking.
    Just my opinion.

39. Post #239
    November 2008
    1,196 Posts
    And here's that other video I posted the trailer of...

40. Post #240
    September 2010
    924 Posts
    You had some inconsistencies with the clock in the background. There was some harsh sunlight on the table at the start and finish but when curious guy got to the table the light was soft. The first guy left the box with "L3" facing the second guy and then suddenly the box switched.

I kinda thought it was distracting when the curious guy suddenly started talking. Maybe an "Erm" or some noise along this line would have helped preparing the audience from "there is no one talking" to "one of this guys just said something". Maybe you could just have gone from a "he caught me awkward pause" to the "go ahead hand gesture" without talking.
    Just my opinion.
    Yeah, I forgot to mention that part of the assignment was that you could only use 6 words or less. Looking back, I shouldn't have used any dialogue (which gives me an excuse to not mess with audio).