1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,902 Posts

OP by vexx21322

I've heard so much about this game, where can I buy it?
    -On steam for $10http://store.steampowered.com/app/105600/

What is Terraria?
    Terraria is an RPG like/Platformer with an open sandbox world. You can build, explore and fight monsters.

[Release]
    What can you do?
    Like said before, you can explore, build and fight monsters. There is also multiplayer that allows you to play with other people and fight them too.
    Explore
    [Release]
    The world is randomly generated, you can select 3 sizes for your world to be. Every world will put the player somewhere in the middle of an uninhabited island that has cave systems that lead to the underworld, an underground jungle full of man eating plants and retarded bees and shrines which have chests so that means they are a good thing, and a dungeon, guarded by an old man who is actually a giant skeleton monster and contains lots of goodies.
    [/Release]
    Build
    [Release]Using the rocks you dislodged with your pickaxe (and other materials) you can build stuff. When you've built a room big enough for someone to live in, decorate it a bit and provide some lighting, random strangers will soon come and call dibs on that room! Building structures main idea is to be able to move the guide NPC closer to home so that when you are stuck you can ask him for helpful information. NPCs sell you stuff for money that you find:

You can also craft stuff in your inventory and on workbenches, furnaces and anvils. You can do this to make furniture, new weapons and armor and to upgrade some items.[/Release]

Fight
    [Release]Using the cool items you find in dungeons and caves and such you can fight against the monsters that plague the land. During the day you will find annoying slimes on the surface but when night comes so do flying eyeballs and zombies that don't care for privacy. There's also a couple of bosses to piss you off when you don't need them.

PvP can be done on servers online so you can show everyone how tough you are.
    [/Release]
    [/Release]
    Features
    [release][list][*]PvP can be turned on and off at will. It also includes color-coded teams.[*]Water behaves realistically, flowing and draining.[*]Ore can be mined, then smelted to ingots for crafting.[*]By default, you sink (and drown, after a time) in water, but later on you can make artifacts that will allow you to swim, breathe underwater, etc.[*]Antique pots spawn with the world and contain money when smashed.[*]Mushrooms spawn with the world and can be eaten for quick health at low levels.[*]Dying consequences aren't yet determined, but the most likely path they'll go with is losing money when you die.[*]Once you have a wooden sword, you might try to gather some gel from slimes.[*]Combine wood and gel to make a torch![*]Underground there are crystal hearts that can be used to increase your max life. You will need a hammer to harvest them.[*]Stars fall all over the world at night. They can be used for all sorts of useful things. If[*]you see one, be sure to grab it because they disappear after sunrise.[*]If you gather 10 fallen stars, they can be combined to create an item that will increase your magic capacity.[*]There are many different ways to attract people to move into your town. They will of course need a home to live in.[*]Two people will not live in the same home. Also, if their home is destroyed, they will look for a new place to live.[*]In order for a room to be considered a home, it needs to have a chair, door, table, and light source. The house should have walls as well![*]If you want a merchant to move in, you will need to gather plenty of money. 50 silver coins should do the trick![*]For a nurse to move in, you will need to increase your maximum life.[*]If you had a gun, I bet an arms dealer might show up to sell you some ammo.[*]You should prove yourself by defeating a strong monster. That will get the attention of a dryad.[*]You can make a grappling hook from a hook and 3 chains. They can be made from iron bars. Skeletons found deep underground usually carry hooks[/list][/release]

[H2]Media:[/H2][Release]Videos
    [Release]
    Trailer

Developer LPs: http://www.youtube.com/user/demilogi...29CC1F5130E0C9
    [/Release]

Screenshots
    [Release]http://terraria.org/shots/ss11.png[/Release][/Release]

Should I buy it?
    [Release]Yes, if you like 2D shooters/adventure games such as Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Metroid, or Castlevania. You would also like it if you enjoy sandbox games and multiplayer shenanigans.[/Release]

Is this like Minecraft but 2d?
    [Release]While being obviously inspired, it is a ton different. It features more mobs, many more items, bosses, a dungeon, and more challenging and diverse gameplay. It will be updated often as well. One way to look at it is such: Minecraft = Building, Terraria = combat and coop[/Release]

NPCs
    [release]
    Guide - Spawns next to you at a new generated world, when you talk to him he gives you some helpful (not so helpful) information.

Merchant - An elder man that has items that you cannot get otherwise. Right click on him to buy, sell, and trade with him.
    A merchant will move into your house when you have acquired 50 silver coins or more.

Arms Dealer - This man seems to be as stuck up as a tree. Although he may seem like a dick, he does have some bad ass weapons you can purchase.
    An arms dealer will move into your house when you have acquired a gun.

Dryad - This chick is not as young as she seems, she is actually almost 500 years old. She seems to be obsessed with nature, she sells some items that can only be obtained through her.
    A dryad will move into your house when you have killed any boss for the first time.

Nurse - The Nurse is an NPC that can heal you whenever you talk to her, as long as you have enough cash, she can treat you right.
    A nurse will move into your house when you have found and used a Crystal Heart.

Demolitionist - This dwarf may seem short, but he has some high-tech explosives that can destroy your castle in a split second, so make sure not to piss him off.
    A demolitionist will move into your house when you find either a stick of Dynamite or a Bomb.

Old Man - He is found outside the mysterious dungeons for from the spawn. Make sure not to talk to this dude at night unless you are prepared to unleash his curse of the Skeletron!

Clothier - The old man is back, and he is free. Like his name suggests, he sells clothing items such as: plumber (Mario) outfits and Black Dye.

[/release]
    Bosses:

[release]
    [h2]Main bosses:[/h2]

(2000HP)
    (10) @ =
    [Release]Eye of Cthulhu:
    The Eye of Cthulhu is a Boss monster that the player can fight. It can be summoned by creating a Suspicious Looking Eye at a Demon Altar. The suspicious eye can be craft with 10 normal Lens. In order to summon the boss, it has to be night time; otherwise, You will explode.[/Release]

(Head: 140HP, Body: 230HP, Tail: 350HP)
    (30) + (15) @ =
    [Release]Eater of Worlds:
    The Eater of Worlds is a Boss monster summoned by using Worm Food in The Corruption, as well as being summoned each time you break a 3rd Shadow Orb. Unlike all other worms, you have to destroy each individual section of the worm to defeat him. Each body segment has a chance of dropping Demonite or Shadow Scale, and upon defeat, drops a piece of Shadow Armor and many Demonite and Shadow Scale.[/Release]

(Head: 6000HP, Hands: 1200HP)
    [Release]Skeletron:
    Skeletron is the boss that guards a world's Dungeon. To summon this boss, you must talk to the Old Man at the entrance to the dungeon at night. The man will transform into the Skeletron. Unlike the Eater of worlds, you don't need to destroy all parts to defeat him. You only need to destroy the head. If you attempt to summon him at day, the old man will simply say "Come back at night if you wish to enter" or "I cannot let you enter until you free me of my curse". This boss is the hardest of the bosses.[/Release]

[h2]Mini bosses:[/h2]

(2000HP)
    [Release]King Slime:
    The King slime seems to appear randomly. If you look closely at the centre of the slime, you can see a ninja of sorts, which may be why he drops Ninja Clothing.
    [/release]
    (150HP)
    [Release]Pinky:
    Pinky is the easiest of the bosses because he does a very small amount of damage and has the lowest health. Sometimes Pinky will spawn red instead of pink.[/Release][/Release]

Items:
    [release]
    Tools: Tools come in all shapes & colors. Take a look!

Accessories: Equiping these items give you special abilities, but you can only wear 5 at a time! Take a Look!

Potions & Healing: Using these can restore your mana or health. The require an Alchemy Station to be crafted. Take a look!

[/release]

Armor:
    [release]
    Copper Armor

It takes a total of 60 Copper Bars to craft a full suit of Copper Armor.
    It consists of a Copper Helmet, Copper Chainmail and Copper Greaves.
    A full set grants a basic 4 defense plus a set bonus of 2 defense, which equals a total of 6 defense.

Iron Armor

It takes a total of 75 Iron Bars to craft a full suit of Iron Armor.
    It consists of a Iron Helmet, Iron Chainmail and Iron Greaves.
    A full set grants a basic 7 defense plus a set bonus of 2 defense, which equals a total of 9 defense.

Silver Armor

It takes a total of 75 Silver Bars to craft a full suit of Silver Armor.
    It consists of a Silver Helmet, Silver Chainmail and Silver Greaves.
    A full set grants a basic 10 defense plus a set bonus of 3 defense, which equals a total of 13 defense.

Gold Armor

It takes a total of 90 Gold Bars to craft a full suit of Gold Armor.
    It consists of a Gold Helmet, Gold Chainmail and Gold Greaves.
    A full set grants a basic 13 defense plus a set bonus of 3 defense, which equals a total of 16 defense.

Meteor Armor

It takes a total of 90 Meteorite Bars to craft a full suit of Meteor Armor.
    It consists of a Meteor Helmet, Meteor Suit and Meteor Leggings.
    A full set grants a basic 13 defense, a 20% reduction in mana usage, and light is emitted when the player moves.

Shadow Armor

It takes a total of 60 Demonite Bars and 45 Shadow Scales to craft a full suit of Shadow Armor.
    It consists of a Shadow Helmet, Shadow Scalemail and Shadow Greaves.
    A full set grants a basic 19 defense and a 15% increase in melee attack speed.

Jungle Armor

Jungle Armor consists of a Jungle Shirt, a Jungle Hat and Jungle Pants.
    It grants the wearer 19 defense, when the whole set is worn it reduces mana usage by 25%.
    Each individual piece slowly regenerates mana.

Necro Armor

It takes a total of 135 Cobwebs and 95 Bones to craft a full set of Necro Armor.
    It consists of a Necro Helmet, Necro Breastplate, and Necro Greaves.
    A full set grants 19 defense and a constant speed boost.

Molten Armor

It takes a total of 105 Hellstone Bars to craft a full set of Molten Armor.
    It consists of a Molten Helmet, Molten Breastplate, and Molten Greaves.
    A full set grants 28 base defense, plus 10 bonus, and emits light while moving.

[/release]

Useful shit:
    [Release]Map Viewer http://terrariaworldviewer.codeplex.com/
    Place in any folder, just make sure you extract it. Find the My games folder in documents (my documents windows XP) and drag a world save into TerrariaMapper.exe
    Character Editor http://www.mediafire.com/?e1it39ohblhv52k
    Widescreen fix
    Map Editor http://terrariviewer.codeplex.com/
    Tshock
    Download TShock
    TerrariaAPI
    Binary:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29760911/TerrariaAPI.rar
    Source:
    https://github.com/high6/Terraria-API[/Release]

[release]
    Facepunch Servers:
    Server list
    [/release]
    PM me to add your server to it

Server list:http://gmodtheater.com/Terraria/

Multiplayer Blacklist:
    [Release]These silly people are nothing but trouble for your server:
    [list][*]216.66.142.88[/list][/Release]

Previous Threads:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb x 22Winner x 9Informative x 6Funny x 1Useful x 1Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    GET OUT OF OUR CODE YOU FILTHY HACKERS 8-) BITCHES
    July 2009
    3,737 Posts
    You should update the OP with the Clothier, Jungle Armor, and King Slime
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

3. Post #3
    June 2009
    4,053 Posts
    And the vanity items.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    3,740 Posts
    Stacks of demonite bars sell for a whole fucking lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,613 Posts
    I'm going to work on an OP for the next person who is OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Loves bratwurst, hates jews
    July 2008
    2,873 Posts
    I tried killing the bunnies.

Was disappointed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,902 Posts
    Sorry for that OP, I am currently adding all new stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

8. Post #8
    April 2011
    390 Posts
    Molten armor is still wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,902 Posts
    If you want your server in the OP just PM me.
    Also tell me if it is 24/7 or not.

10. Post #10

June 2011
    39 Posts
    Ccommands on my server cease to function about once an hour, requiring a restart to fix. Am i the only one having this problem, really?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

11. Post #11
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,148 Posts
    king slime goes where he pleases
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,630 Posts
    I have a spare full molten armor set, anyone interested?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,664 Posts

these videos are pretty rad
    obviously i already knew everything but all of his videos are great for people looking for tips

14. Post #14
    Gay Member #1
    Dennab
    November 2009
    5,517 Posts
    Change OP, King Slime has 100% chance of dropping a ninja item, not "sometimes"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    October 2010
    2,253 Posts
    New thread title :science:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,915 Posts
    thread title should have been

Hello old ma- OH GOD HOW EXPENSIVE ARE THESE CLOTHES
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,902 Posts
    Change OP, King Slime has 100% chance of dropping a ninja item, not "sometimes"
    Sorry, I thought I read that somewhere in the wiki and I didn't encounter it myself.

New thread title :science:
    Couldn't think up a better one first so I did bunnies.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,939 Posts
    So, the clothier is secretly Tom Hanks.

"Being cursed was lonely, so I once made a friend out of leather. I named him Wilson."

and

"Life's like a box of clothes, you never know what you are gonna wear!"

From Castaway and Forrest Gump respectively.

AWW I thought I was on to something, but the stupid wiki already noted that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Late Late x 3Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,613 Posts
    Hey, uitham,

I'm almost finished with my op, I'll PM you it when I'm done so you can look at it and add things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,278 Posts
    terraria is a fun video game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Informative x 21Agree x 6Disagree x 4Useful x 3Friendly x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,915 Posts
    Playing with my bro and 2 other guys when suddenly

"An evil presence watches over you"

They all ask "What does it mean swampie!?"

I take them into the main hall of the castle

"Tonight we will battle for our lives. Tonight we are tested... Gather your things ready for battle"

and we battled cthulu all night.

the next day? Goblin army
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 33Winner Winner x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    I randomly change my avatar every week or so
    September 2010
    5,228 Posts
    Apparently the Dryad has more "bark" than bite.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,915 Posts
    Any inv editors updated?

Edited:

and i thought pinky was a mini boss?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    February 2009
    1,745 Posts
    Freaking fire imps. Drop a Plumber's Hat already!

25. Post #25
    I randomly change my avatar every week or so
    September 2010
    5,228 Posts
    Any inv editors updated?
    the KryptDev Terraria inv edit is updated, you'll just need to download updates.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

26. Post #26
    January 2009
    1,610 Posts

I thought I'd retoast this. Just for you all to see.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    October 2010
    2,253 Posts

Symmetry.. :gonk: :psypop:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 28Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    I spent 10$ and all i got was this lousy title.
    June 2008
    5,229 Posts

Incoming Serpent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,664 Posts
    if i kill the clothier in my world
    can i never get him back again?

i want that damn hat

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,915 Posts
    any non hamachi servers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #31
    February 2009
    1,745 Posts

i want that damn hat
    No, the clothier comes back after a while.
    And he has a line of dialog if you wear the hat and talk to him.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,029 Posts
    Any word on the king slime? Does he spawn in any particular place?

33. Post #33
    October 2010
    2,253 Posts

i want that damn hat
    He will return after a while

:ninja:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,664 Posts
    time to kill the clothier then

Edited:

wait how do i kill him :c

Edited:

nevermind i just used a corrupted bunny
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    February 2009
    1,745 Posts
    Finally got the plumber's hat. Now all I need to do is find Dr. Bones and the Groom for those armor sets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    January 2009
    1,610 Posts
    Symmetry.. :gonk: :psypop:
    Yeah, well, symmetry's a problem when you're being raped by worms/imps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,902 Posts
    Tagger, if you are reading this, you are unbanned.
    I still need to set banning for explosives to false.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,912 Posts
    Freaking fire imps. Drop a Plumber's Hat already!
    I got one accidentally while in the underworld and didn't even notice, when I did I just sold it to the merchant because I didn't like how it looked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,698 Posts
    http://github.com/TShock/TShock should be in the topic for TShock.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,664 Posts
    woop woop

just found another feral claw, killed dr. bones, got an archaeologist hat, and a bunch of other shit

AWWWW YEAHH
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)