1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,347 Posts

Hello all WW1: Source fans, I have some pretty sad news for you today. The last couple of weeks we've had alot of problems regarding the team. People have left, taking their work with them, and in the end, we almost have no work, and no people to continue working on the mod.Thats why, as you may have understood, the mod is today announced dead. It has been a really good time as long as it lasted, seeing both old and new players enjoying our mod. We would like to thank all the players, and the realism units for supporting us all the time.

Now, I've not been in the mod since day one, but I know this is the most skilled team I've ever been in. I would like to thank Wickit, for being the mod leader in the process of making this mod, and also providing moral support to the team while we've been having both good and bad times. I say lets applaud this man. Afterall, he was basically the father of the mod. Shortly after I joined last autumn we got loads of applications from people around the world, having all kinds of professions. We released 1.13b to the public with great response. Now after this we set ourselves a goal. Making WW1:Source 2.0! We got an application from a very skilled man which we welcomed to the team. (Which unfortunately we would regret alot later on) His name was Potteh. At first he was our UI designer, but we quickly hired him as a coder also, as he had the skills. Around christmas times, the mod was at its peak, with loads of stuff getting done. (Plus it was done fast!) We set ourselves new goals all the time, which we for some reason always managed to get done. A really proffesional team I must say. But, as we progressed on, some teammembers left, both with and without warning. But still, work was getting done. It wasnt until some weeks ago we realised that we were getting tired, and some members worked alot, and some didnt work at all. The biggest blow was the one you can read in the next paragraph, and that was the one that killed us.

Now, you may want to know what exactly slowed us down and basically killed the modification. Many watchers already know, but for some ofyou who dont, we had a teammember going by the name Potteh. He had caused havoc on previous mods before joining ours. His proffesion was UI design and coding. It all went fine, until hell basically broke loose. Some weeks ago, he left the modteam, giving us the impression that he would leave us with the work he had done for us. What he really did was lying to us the entire time. In a chatlog between him and myself, he said he would take away all of his work, leaving us with no code; and therefore we were back at the 1.13b stage again. The entire team fell together in hopelessness and tired of having to do all the work again. We didnt bother trying to get a coder, as it was not really worth it. All the promises we had made to our fans in regards of features and such would not be possible without a very skilled,and willing coder (Which is very hard to find). Potteh, don't say this is immature, what you did was immature as well, but the community has the right to know the full story and more.

And folks, if you see Potteh wanting to join your team, or if you see an application from him, give him the middle finger from all the mods he have ruined. Its not worth it having your mod destroyed by
    a backstabbing dimwit.

Again, I really appreciate the awesome community we've had for this mod, both supporting us and coming up with suggestions for future releases. It was certainly one the best communities I've ever met. And thanks to all of our realism units also, setting up servers, so that all of our players could enjoy the game! Applaud yourselves guys, you deserve it. (Alot)

Goodbye guys and gals, it has been a really good time.
    *Moddb news post removed by admin, Potteh permabanned from website.*

It's a real shame.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 76Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,410 Posts
    yeah Potteh left + ruined the team, and is now making his own one called Pavot. Don't work with this guy, literally everyone in the modding community hates him because he has really bad mental problems.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 34Informative Informative x 8Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,682 Posts
    ugh, potteh sounds like a real dick
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 26 (list)

4. Post #4
    Really, really, really, really likes parrots and water caustics. Also, hates titles.
    March 2009
    11,663 Posts
    Tabtoxin: does that mean i am the only respectable person capable of designing decent UIs in the HL2 modding community
    PINOY_911fan: yep
    weee
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 45 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    14,873 Posts
    wasn't the team making some huge reworks on the mod before like a dynamic weather system and shit or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,047 Posts
    It's hilarious that potteh would do that AGAIN, but it's sad that the mod died. It looked like it was shaping up

What a shame

http://pastebin.com/EBL7Dpgz
    http://pastebin.com/fe8RzSs1
    He's a dick
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 23 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,410 Posts

[LIST=1][*]Potteh -: Because you're forgetting a vital fact. The code base hasn't been put on the svn for months for 2.0. So when your coder gets it, it will be blank.[*]Ashton [WW1:S Dev]: well, didnt you agree do leave us with the current code?[*]Ashton [WW1:S Dev]: to* leave[*]Potteh -: Do you have me quoted on that with a screenshot?[*]Ashton [WW1:S Dev]: no i dont, but i believe you said you would leave us with the code that is now[*]Potteh -: Without proof. There is nothing. You're forgetting I'm Potteh. A massive asshole.[*]Ashton [WW1:S Dev]: so[*]Ashton [WW1:S Dev]: you fooled us didnt you[*]Potteh -: :)[/LIST]
    what a cunt
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 72Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    I regularly throw pity parties.
    August 2010
    12,139 Posts
    IMO the picture should be this:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    March 2009
    1,105 Posts
    Potteh -: If I said he called you a twat and such, you would think and say different things.
    Ashton [WW1 Source Dev]: Yea
    Ashton [WW1 Source Dev]: I would
    Potteh -: Exactly.
    Ashton [WW1 Source Dev]: That doesent have to do with mapping
    Potteh -: You only like what you want to hear. You don't like to hear the truth.
    Ashton [WW1 Source Dev]: Yea
    Ashton [WW1 Source Dev]: And you cant deny thats human nature, and normal
    Potteh -: It's human fail nature.
    Potteh -: Those who don't deserve to live, imho.
    Ashton [WW1 Source Dev]: YOURE BLAMING ME FOR MY HUMAN NATURE
    Ashton [WW1 Source Dev]: LOL
    Ashton [WW1 Source Dev]: People should get killed for they're human nature?
    Ashton [WW1 Source Dev]: Thats insane
    Ashton [WW1 Source Dev]: Thats wrong and.... well, pretty darn weird
    Ashton [WW1 Source Dev]: to think so
    Potteh -: People who are worthless, don't deserve to live. You can change human nature.
    Ashton [WW1 Source Dev]: No you cant, it stays there and never goes away
    Potteh -: In fact, if you look it like this, Communism is actually a good thing and Hitler probably killed a majority worthless people.
    This guy is off his damn rocker
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 71 (list)

10. Post #10
    Insert title here

December 2005
    3,657 Posts
    Damn. I was really hoping this would pull through, but like The Trenches, it's just been left unloved.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

11. Post #11
    January 2010
    814 Posts
    Damn, 2.0 looked stunning..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #12
    April 2011
    177 Posts
    Too bad, I really wanted to use the models and maps for gmod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #13
    October 2009
    4,070 Posts
    Goddammit, it was looking so awesome compared to the old version!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,167 Posts
    This why I hate the modding community of every game. Talent always seems to fall into the hands of sweaty 17 year old megalomaniacs who deserve to be castrated.

It happens with RP servers on Gmod, It happens in Source Mods, It happens in every game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 42Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,410 Posts
    Actually, he's in his 20's + engaged + still acts like a 13 year old. Which makes it all the more embarassing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 51Agree Agree x 8 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,040 Posts
    It's hilarious that potteh would do that AGAIN, but it's sad that the mod died. It looked like it was shaping up

What a shame

http://pastebin.com/EBL7Dpgz
    http://pastebin.com/fe8RzSs1
    He's a dick
    Also this: http://pastebin.com/VYe7WmHg

It's a damn shame this happened.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    5,666 Posts
    Such an awesome and wonderful Mod. It sucks it had to end, could of been something better if time allowed it.

Edited:

Wow... after reading this: http://pastebin.com/fe8RzSs1 Potteh needs a kick up the ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #18
    June 2009
    930 Posts
    Too bad, I was looking forward to this... That Potteh guy seems to screw up anything he gets his hands on, I remember from Ivan's where he took away loads of work for some stupid ass reason as well.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,347 Posts
    IMO the picture should be this:

Thanks.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,341 Posts
    I'm currently modelling and level designing for the remake, I've been speaking to Potteh for roughly a month now and he seems like an average guy, the Potteh in the quotes doesn't seem like the same guy I know, he's been nothing but kind to me.

But it is pretty dissapointing to read this thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8Agree Agree x 8 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,347 Posts
    Give it some time. People who know him long enough either hate his guts or become his fanboy, which the latter is very rare and only happened to one poor soul.

Edited:

Who's actually just as bipolar as he is; no surprise here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,410 Posts
    woot, he's replying to the stuff on moddb now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,347 Posts
    Apparently he's gonna be in a ModInformer interview or podcast or something like that this week. This should be good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,168 Posts
    I wouldn't work with this guy even if he was my last hope.

He's the cunt of cunts.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,341 Posts
    I would like to make a formal apology to the WWI Source developers and the community. My attitude and actions were very unprofessional and dis-tasteful. I never wanted WWI Source to die, my intentions for that to happen never came in to play regardless of what you might here about me. I've enjoyed working on WWI Source through-out development. I only wish this ended a lot differently, however choices have been made and I wish the best for all the developers that have worked and may continue to work on WWI Source. Again, I apologise.

- Potteh
    Don't shoot the messenger, guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 13 (list)

26. Post #26
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,168 Posts
    He makes an apology hoping for forgiveness and sympathy yet he let down the team and made an ass of himself.

Way2go
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    10,020 Posts
    So even though all those chat logs show him being a massive cock we should take an apology like this which is purely damage control and ignore everything he's done?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 25Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,341 Posts
    So even though all those chat logs show him being a massive cock we should take an apology like this which is purely damage control and ignore everything he's done?
    I dunno man I'm just quoting it, but atleast it's an apology, you're lucky to get those these days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,335 Posts
    Actually, he's in his 20's +engaged + still acts like a 13 year old. Which makes it all the more embarassing
    :cawg:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,053 Posts
    Potteh is full of shit. He's fucked and he knows it, that apology is a load of shit. He's only pretending to be sorry because he knows that everyone hates him now and nobody will work with him anymore.
    I dunno man I'm just quoting it, but atleast it's an apology, you're lucky to get those these days.
    A false apology is worse than no apology at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 31 (list)

31. Post #31
    September 2006
    48 Posts
    Woah, Potteh sounds like a real mental patient. It's really a shame to see so much great work go to waste because some fat bastard gets butthurt over a bunch of shit stuff.

32. Post #32
    October 2010
    11,739 Posts
    I actually liked this mod...

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,410 Posts
    From a technical standport, the new ww1 mod is quite good + he's a good UI artist. but man, fuck personal issues in modding. it's so fucking dumb, and ALL MOD DRAMA has to do with one guy with a large ego + chip on his shoulder
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,341 Posts
    Well, I'm currently remaking it with 12 other people, so even though the whole drama thing has nothing to do with me, we're making this one better than the last which will hopefully make you all feel better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 18Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,047 Posts
    Potteh seems like the guy where he thinks everyone is out to get him
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,430 Posts
    Potteh sounds like a real douchebag. Shame to see a mod die just because one guy decides to be a dick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21 (list)

37. Post #37
    August 2010
    1,366 Posts
    Well, I'm currently remaking it with 12 other people, so even though the whole drama thing has nothing to do with me, we're making this one better than the last which will hopefully make you all feel better.
    What? You should have asked me first :P

Edited:

Actually, after being in the team with him for almost a year now, I know when he's lying. That apology is full of bullshit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 8Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,341 Posts
    What? You should have asked me first :P
    Potteh is leading. It's Pavot.

Probably should have mentioned that...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 27Funny Funny x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    August 2010
    1,366 Posts
    Oh my, you arent working on Pavot are you? You know he's just making that mod to make fun of WW1: Source. Already its full of eastereggs and bullshit to make fun of it, instead of important game mechanics. This pretty much sums up Pottehs personality
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 23Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    August 2008
    325 Posts
    He is either a complete psychotic fool or just a truely epic troll. From what has said I am going with the psychotic fool. Such a shame your mod had to go down in flames like that due to one persons ignorance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)