Oh wow this guy really has ruined his chance at game development by shitting on the modding community.
And stop being an asshole while you're at it, you've been shitting on this thread for like 3 pages now. Just leave.
I like layla's thinking.
I mean, yeah, of course people put quite a bit of effort into the game, of course the work that Potteh did was essential to the mod, of course all of their work was almost completely in vain, of course it will be very difficult nigh impossible to resurrect the mod properly due to most fans probably leaving due to the letdown. But it's a FREE mod, so that immediately makes it shitty and not serious and completely warrants me being a giant prick towards the people who made the game, right?
Have Potteh shot
Someone needs to take a tire iron to Pottehs face
stupid piece of smug shit
What's Potteh's steam account name? It could be useful for people to know it so they know to avoid him
Well if he has destroyed other mods before then obviously he should be avoided in the mod development scene.
As of a few hours ago, Potteh has been banned permanently from MoDB, and we're not allowed to announce Pavot on it.
lol this is random but I just noticed that the only 2 mods he reviewed on Moddb were WW1 Source and 1187. Both of which were teams he got kicked off or quit, and he gave both mods a 1 for no reason lol. Now that's good sportsmanship!!
If Potteh was half the man he thinks he is, he would try to valiantly defend his reputation in this thread .
What points should he address first?
- Mocking the entire player base of WW1 Source by calling all of them worthless "end users" and that their opinions are childish compared to his because he knows how to make games good and what people want?
- Going to clans and units in a game he works on to try and get them to break up
- Completly and openly disregards server operators wishes that their server remain free to do as they please seeing they paid for it. He would rather (and is currently doing this on Pavot) force servers to all act the same way by not only disabling outside scripting such as sourcemod and sourcemod plugins but also going as far as forcing class limits and other variables in the cfg file.
- Upon finding out one of the players in his game was a real life United States Marine he exclaimed "I smile every time a Marine dies" when talking about how Insurgents and Al Qaeda are "Gods warriors" and are victims of a corrupt west. Also agreed that the Westborrow Baptist Church is doing a "great thing".
- Disregards any limitations of what he was signed on to a modding team for. Made it perfectly clear in WW1 Source he wished to oust the entire Dev team so he could bring in his friends.
- Makes Easter Eggs making fun of WW1 Source and not showing the rest of his Dev Team because he knows they would say the same thing everyone else says "disgusring". Even before he has 90% of actual game related material completed.
- Doesnt tell his own "studio" about his past and they are stuck finding out the hard way AFTER the fact they have already put in a lot of work and have reached the point of no return. Now they are stuck in a situation in which their name may get dragged under with him because if he truly cared for his dev team and not their talents he would understand the risk imposed by his reputation.
- Supports the Holocaust and mass murders around the world because quote "all of them deserved to die". None "contributed" like he supposedly has to the world.
- Joins servers in the game he works on and trolls purposely to get banned to prove his points that servers are "ban happy"
- Doesnt even hold votes or agreements with his Dev team before making catastrophic dumbass ego led changes (in WW1 Sources case disabling the Realism Script because he did not like it, even though all three private servers where realism units servers and during times a realism was happening the servers filled to max slots but when ended the number of players fell back to zero daily). Lied to the community and said it was a "unanimous" vote. Well guess it wasnt a lie...he was the only one who voted. Almost ruined the game before he actually ruined the game 8 months later.
I can honestly go on all day with this guy and all he has done to the player base in WW1 Source. Its endless it really is. Pavot Devs, how many times has he mentioned he's "making insurances" that no WW1 Source player will be in Pavot? Have you wondered why he keeps saying that? Because we all have been through his shit before and you better bet will do our best to warn others before they go through what we had to. I hate that you guys (very talented team) are now stuck with this news. I had plenty of chances to tell you guys before but I felt that was a "tacky" move. But now that it is all out and in the open about your mod leader Its time now to tell/warn you guys. HE ABSOLUTELY WILL HUMILIATE YOU GUYS. Either by association, taking your work and removing you from the team, turn on you for no reason at all of if you disagreed with even a tiny detail about the game or by driving Pavot under the ground as soon as its released and he doesnt like what he sees in the player community. He will give you all a bad reputation as being a extremely never seen before oppressive team. Honestly, have you ever heard of ANY game developer who did this crap to their own player base? Have you ever heard a developer tell a server operator "tough shit" and disable outside scripting so he can remove a gamemode plugin they are using on their servers? The guys a fucking dimwit and will get you guys up shit creek with him.
WW1 Source is still there and I can assure you the Devs left in it treat their players with the utmost respect and thanks for playing their mod. Or hell make your own. Im sure with the talent you guys have any great coder would absolutely DROOL over working with you guys. But stay with Potteh and I garuntee you he will pull the same shit he did with the WW1 Source community all over again. And as soon as you try to defend the community you will end up like Ashton and Sol in WW1 Source who stuck up for us. Use your heads!!!!!
Wow, the Potteh guy acts like he's 8 something, he sounds like a raging 8 year old trying to be smart and classy and shit
Reading Switz' post makes me want to punch Potteh even more, fucking wow
This was one of my favorite mods. RIP WW1 Source.
Yeah heres a chat I had to have with Potteh during December. I saved it and completly forgot about it until someone reminded me about the Marine comment he made against me and decided it was time to bring it back to the surface. But heres the background on the situation and why I was called in to talk to Potteh in the first place.
Brief WW1 History lesson is two-three weeks after it released as Alpha it went dead. All the clans left, all the players where gone. Hell even the Devs where gone. Enter my unit/clan (late to the party). Well, from March all the way until November it was a struggle but we eventually built the player base back up from scratch. The main draw was a gamemode we created and ran through a sourcemod plugin called "realism". Say what you will about the whole realism thing but think about this...when you think of playing in a WW1 game who doesnt want to think of themselves manning a machine gun against a huge wave of attackers? And that was pretty much what a WW1 Source realism was. Sometimes it had slow attacks, and then other times suicidal charges. All depended on the techniques the team leader wanted to use.
Anyway getting sidetracked. Okay, so "realism" kept the game alive. Every time one was running servers would fill and when they would end servers would empty. And judging from the responses of the player community it was highly liked and seeing that only realism units even put forth the effort to start in WW1 Source, this meant the players fell majorly under the "realism players" category. And it was what was having players actually come back after they tried it out for the first time.
Well of course, NOT ALL players will like it. They may just want to pub. Problem is...what other clan is out their putting forth their time and effort in maintaining a pub server for them? No one. My unit even left WW1 Source in November/December because of server problems (never rent a server from a steam friend!) but the mod easily survived because their where now three realism units operating in WW1 Source. Well, in December Potteh was one of these guys who didnt like Realism. You guys can guess from here what took place if youve read all this shit this guy has done and acts like.
He "Claimed" that in a unaminous vote the Developers decided to disallow "Realism" in the 2.0 update because of "complaints". This was pretty much a shock to the community because we had never heard their where any problems before this, we did not know who this Potteh guy was, and of course, who the hell is this guy telling us what we can or cannot do on our own servers we pay for.
So a fight ensued. Most of us debated why Realism should be kept alive pointing to WW1 Source's history in which Potteh replied "your (my unit) accomplishments in this game are laughable"
Then we said this is our servers. Disabling sourcemod will jeopardize ANY clan wishing to start up in WW1 Source because who wants to be left with RCON to admin their own expensive server. Which he replied "You dont know anything about servers and game design. We make the game better. You try and make it worse with your shitty mods"
Then we said two gamemodes is better than one. He replies "Dont tell me how to make games. I know what Im doing. I used to work at Rockstar"
Anyway, again got carried away but damn its hard not to. It feels great finally telling people about this guy and warning people to stay the fuck away from him and never let him join your mod team. About a month of this extremely one sided debate of we point out facts then Potteh insults us and never even attempts to answer our questions leads to eventually some of the other Devs like Ashton, Sol, Chris (he didnt like Realism but he really didnt like seeing that it's players where suffering) and Wickit to finally speak up. I was informed that if I made certain "edits" to my realism script that it would be allowed in 2.0. Well, still not sure why I had to in the first place was willing to see what it was about and I was invited to chat with Potteh. This is what happened. Note that it didnt even make it two lines before it turned dumb as hell.
Keep in mind their has GOT to be at least 20 chats after that pretty much went like this. Id block him, hed get someone to ask me to unblock him because he wants to help realism, I give in and BAM, right back to stage 1. No I did not save these chats. I did not want that kind of garbage all over my website nor fueling even more hatred to Potteh in the community. Like EVERYONE else (WW1 Players) who had to witness December, we all expected this outcome and now we are here telling you guys about what we had to go through under this guy. The reason we didnt blow the whistle earlier is because like most who knew about the situation knew that the point of no return had been past, might as well just grit your teeth and hold your breath in hopes 2.0 would actually release (Realism was staying btw....Potteh "the savior of realism" actually played Realism and liked it.......and yes, in his official post to the community he took full credit of "saving" realism.
Thats it for now....need to go puke
I feel awful for anyone who's had the displeasure of working with him. A lot of modders pour their heart into the games they make and really try and create something they think people will enjoy playing, and it's pretty sickening for some guy to come kick over everyone's sandcastle. What a pathetic waste of space.
Apparently anyone who doesn't "give back to the earth" should go die according to him, is he religious or something...