1. Post #361
    Quality Poster
    August 2010
    9,181 Posts
    Luxrender is on its way to having opencl end to end. On their newest test build, I can get about 20m rays/s
    Lol lux
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

2. Post #362
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    4,534 Posts
    Abstract Cube:

Lightsaber:

Messing around with physics: (the arrow shows the amount of cubes)

using 5GB more RAM than i have, so i cant render it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

3. Post #363
    clb
    June 2009
    348 Posts
    I am making fluid simulation much like Mitsuma's, but because I use Windows Vista I obviously do not have enough free RAM to bake the fluid, even at settings (and resolution) a bit lower that Mitsuma's. Free RAM 4.3something GB out of 6 GB (he has 6 GB too). Required: 0.1 or something more than I had. System crash. CHKDSK forced me to wait ~20 minutes...

Conclusion: Blender is not smart enough to crash when you really need it to :saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Denmark Show Events

4. Post #364
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,331 Posts
    Some shitty quick renders, made in Maya, rendered in Maxwell.
    My first ever 3D sculpture, think it looks cool.

Also to get it printed on a 3D printer at a scale of 12x11x11 inches, it would cost around 4000 :O
    It is solid as FUCK.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

5. Post #365
    I Actually Use Radeon.
    February 2006
    3,560 Posts

I spent this day trying to render jewelry. First time i ever even tried modeling a ring. I think it turned out pretty good. Rendered with vray as always. :allears:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 19Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #366
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,855 Posts

I spent this day trying to render jewelry. First time i ever even tried modeling a ring. I think it turned out pretty good. Rendered with vray as always. :allears:
    What program did you use to model it?

EDIT:

I should compliment you, because I saw that and was fully convinced that you just made an off-topic post that should be in the Photography area until I read the comment
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

7. Post #367
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,085 Posts
    What program did you use to model it?
    It's 3ds Max 2012 probably. Well, I've never seen him using another program before. Not that he mentioned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #368
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    13,293 Posts
    hes using blender lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

9. Post #369
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    326 Posts
    Finished the M9 Phrobis III Bayonet

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

10. Post #370
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,455 Posts
    Finished the M9 Phrobis III Bayonet

Looks great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #371
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    4,612 Posts
    Basically, in the Subsurface-scattering setting, there's a scale value, that determines the amount of light able to pass through the object, since most scenes use different light/exposure values. This milk is heavily overscaled so that more light can pass through, hence it doesn't look as solid and white as usual milk does.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #372
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    889 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #373
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,415 Posts
    The water looks more realistic than in most renders posted in this thread before, but the low framerate and kind of weird timing going on there kind of turned me off.

Edited:

Basically, in the Subsurface-scattering setting, there's a scale value, that determines the amount of light able to pass through the object, since most scenes use different light/exposure values. This milk is heavily overscaled so that more light can pass through, hence it doesn't look as solid and white as usual milk does.

I think the 'huh?' was referring to the fact it's a solid floating object. Milk is not a solid in room temperature and certainly doesn't float in the air under normal conditions, so I think this is what got him confused.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

14. Post #374
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,473 Posts
    hes using blender lol
    you're dead to me DOG-GY, you just aren't the same without your previous avatar (that you've had for fucking years)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

15. Post #375
    I Actually Use Radeon.
    February 2006
    3,560 Posts
    you're dead to me DOG-GY, you just aren't the same without your previous avatar (that you've had for fucking years)
    Oh, i can still remember the outrage when i switched mine. :allears:
    But now everyone's probably used to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

16. Post #376
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,415 Posts
    nVidia I can't believe you're using boxxy for an avatar eugh!
    Good times
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #377
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,205 Posts
    when was this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

18. Post #378
    I Actually Use Radeon.
    February 2006
    3,560 Posts
    when was this?
    That was about one year ago.

19. Post #379
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,415 Posts
    That was about one year ago.
    I'm certain it was way before that. At least 2 years ago actually.

20. Post #380
    I Actually Use Radeon.
    February 2006
    3,560 Posts
    I'm certain it was way before that. At least 2 years ago actually.
    Oh, I'm not sure. Could be, time goes so fast...

21. Post #381
    December 2007
    838 Posts
    Would somebody care to explain to me the difference between 'vray' and the normal rendering of a model program?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #382
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,205 Posts
    Would somebody care to explain to me the difference between 'vray' and the normal rendering of a model program?
    there is no such thing as a "normal rendering". vray is just another rendering engine, like the ones in a modeling program. its like asking whats the difference between a v8 engine and a normal car engine, they both do the same thing, it's just that they do the job in their own way. :iiaca:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

23. Post #383
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,455 Posts
    Yeah I'm never changing my avatar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #384
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,205 Posts
    i change my avatar to a christmas version for christmas, other than that i don't really see myself changing it.

25. Post #385
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,584 Posts
    If I change my avatar nobody will know who I am. I've used this since I joined, except when it got changed to the hoff that one time like loads of peoples did, and when I put a santa hat on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

26. Post #386
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    4,612 Posts
    I made this one myself on a bored day. I can change it whenever I want because no one will notice anyway.

:smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #387
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,455 Posts
    I've had mine since 06 and it's a remnant of a lost tribe of mappers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

28. Post #388
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,473 Posts
    I've had this since 07 when I first found my love for lost, and since I just started watching it again I decided I'd try and dig it out from the depths of Google caching.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #389
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,205 Posts
    I've had mine since 06 and it's a remnant of a lost tribe of mappers.
    can we get the fuller story behind this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #390
    February 2009
    3,545 Posts
    anyone know any decent free renderers? also how to use normal maps from crazy bump in max 2011?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #391
    February 2011
    920 Posts
    can we get the fuller story behind this?

I know metallics is one of them. I think I've seen one other person post with a similar avatar, but only once or twice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #392
    I Actually Use Radeon.
    February 2006
    3,560 Posts
    Nothing special here i just wanted to mess around with fumefx motion driven particles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 9 (list)

33. Post #393
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    9,831 Posts
    Holy shit Nvidia :aaaaa:

I made my avatar a long long time ago in flash.
    I was originally silver, but I changed that when I turned gold because I could.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

34. Post #394
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,969 Posts
    I made mine based off of an avatar someone made for me. Kept the same style and subject matter, just my own art.

35. Post #395
    Yanukovich Style
    Dennab
    January 2008
    2,888 Posts

First time trying to model room/interior/house. I will texture it and add more details of course. Ceiling as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #396
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    889 Posts
    I thought it was a spaceship.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

37. Post #397
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,415 Posts
    Nothing special here i just wanted to mess around with fumefx motion driven particles.
    It looks interesting, but personally I like more when FumeFX doesn't drive krakatoa particles, but rather results in nice or realistic explosions. But hey that's just my taste.

38. Post #398
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    889 Posts
    Something simple.

Edited:

Better quality:
    http://mitsuma.de/files/simple.mp4
    (32mb)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

39. Post #399
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,584 Posts
    Something simple.

Edited:

Better quality:
    (32mb)
    Looks a bit too thick, otherwise the texturing is very nice.

40. Post #400
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,415 Posts
    Something simple.

Edited:

Better quality:
    (32mb)
    In relation to it's length and width, it's too short.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)