1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    209 Posts
    It's finally here. Nervous about this release. Read below before downloading.

Download link: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=122082

MIRROR: https://rapidshare.com/files/4092297...hosthunt_2.zip

Ghost detector video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zaYcchDxU4

For more images and information go to: http://breadmanmaps.weebly.com/index.html

Before you install this there are a few things you will need to know.

- You need Half-life 2, Episode 1 and Episode 2. I will freakin' kill anybody that comes and asks me this in two months time. And no, I will not buy you any games. Stop asking me. (Who do these people think they are O_O ? )

- If the map does not load via the game menu in Garry's Mod, load flatgrass and then console load the map. This also works for servers (And appears to be a universal problem.)

- If you cannot load this map at all, copy the folders into the correct directorys in Episode 2's folder and play it in Episode 2.

- This thing has been tested to death but having said that I would like to reiterate that this is a fairly large map with alot going on. You may/may not encounter bugs. I've ironed out everything my team and I and other testing clients have found so far.

- Once you destroy the alters they are gone until you reload the map. So think first, before destroying them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Features..

- Large map with random occuring events. You witnessing the events is completely co-incidental with your presence. Things will happen when you're not around too.

- Moveable camera and monitor.

- Improved ghost detector (It'l keep you alive believe me.)

- An interesting secret.

- Informational posters/signs

- Skull system (Find the skulls, place them on the alters.) You'l have to actually figure out how to get to the lower levels first though.

-------------------------------------------------------

As usual, enjoy. Please post about your experiences, bugs and better yet - Film your vigils!

Breadman/kal

Thank you all for your kind and continued support.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 143Winner Winner x 6Dumb Dumb x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    March 2011
    45 Posts
    Thanks for making this awesome map. Can't wait to play this with my friends :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    November 2008
    954 Posts
    I've been waiting for this, but now I'm too scared to play it.

:saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    April 2011
    1,043 Posts
    Thank you, Breadman!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    April 2009
    2,381 Posts
    YEESSSS YEEEEESSS!

6. Post #6

November 2008
    299 Posts
    Awesome! Cannot wait to play this!

7. Post #7
    December 2009
    3,743 Posts
    Hey guys I believe this is the version two of me saying we need a server with this map on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,647 Posts
    Hey guys I believe this is the version two of me saying we need a server with this map on.
    someone needs to do this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

9. Post #9
    November 2009
    459 Posts
    Yay, finally. :)
    Downloading now. I'll play as soon as the sun is down. :fuckyou:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    February 2009
    1,909 Posts
    Well, there goes my exam-preperation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 11Funny Funny x 8Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    January 2010
    1,012 Posts
    The map won't be up until later tonight, but I'll post the ip to mine.

184.172.13.130:27015

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,904 Posts
    Awwww yeah

13. Post #13
    High Admiral of the United FP Alliance
    December 2009
    3,728 Posts
    Fuck yes!

14. Post #14
    February 2009
    1,909 Posts
    snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,647 Posts
    GMOD crashes as soon as it has been loaded :(

When the loadbar reaches 100%
    read the op.

- If the map does not load via the game menu in Garry's Mod, load flatgrass and then console load the map. This also works for servers (And appears to be a universal problem.)

- If you cannot load this map at all, copy the folders into the correct directorys in Episode 2's folder and play it in Episode 2.
    Edited:

also, can someone rehost the map? garrysmod.org isnt working for me. wont let me sign in.

and for the love of god look at my steam games before screaming PIRATE!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    August 2008
    1,849 Posts
    gm_scarequit 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    594 Posts
    Mirror that's non Garrysmod.org would be much appreciated.
    (I am not a pirate, can't log in for some reason anymore.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    January 2009
    342 Posts
    Pinned down unexplainable crashing problem with garrysmod.
    Here's quick and cheap fix:
    Open a hex editor and replace every "func_monitor" with "fuck_monitor" without the "s. This rude action is actually meant to prevent monitors from spawning. This has fixed crashing for me. If you want to use another word for this, use something with same name length(this will hopefully keep map checksum and clients will be able to connect even with the original map).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,310 Posts
    Map is set in an abandoned mine huh...

Somehow, I can't help but think you've played Penumbra...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,776 Posts
    Very nice, but didn't you say it would only require ep2 previously? Or was that another person who asked you to do it?

Also: sorry for questioning the first "what you have to know"-rule/thing

21. Post #21
    The Silent Rater
    November 2009
    3,266 Posts
    I can't believe this is finally out!

22. Post #22
    July 2009
    638 Posts
    HELL YEAH!!
    fuck the studying im playing this tonight!

23. Post #23
    April 2011
    33 Posts
    Finally! The time required to make this is evidence of its epicness.

24. Post #24
    May 2011
    1,009 Posts
    holy crap guys i scare quited on the first thing i saw. So im walking around with a ghost detecter and then a fucken black ghost almost kills me lol (scarequit)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,629 Posts
    whats the secret

26. Post #26
    Loves bratwurst, hates jews
    July 2008
    2,873 Posts
    This map runs badly on my computer. I can run every other map except for GH1 and GH2. Oh well, I guess I won't be able to play this.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,904 Posts
    whats the secret
    Well then it wouldn't be a secret would it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

28. Post #28
    April 2008
    697 Posts
    This map runs badly on my computer. I can run every other map except for GH1 and GH2. Oh well, I guess I won't be able to play this.
    Lower graphics?

29. Post #29
    May 2009
    315 Posts
    YAY! Now all I have to do is get the balls to leave the camera room on GH1 and finish that map,then I can play this one! lol

30. Post #30
    Loves bratwurst, hates jews
    July 2008
    2,873 Posts
    Lower graphics?
    Lower graphics, still drops down to 8 fps.

31. Post #31
    November 2008
    154 Posts
    Just played the map with 2 friends, well it's very scary :derp: (The Ouija Board is very strange), still didn't find the 3 skulls (only 1) and the "demon" with red eyes ( :twisted: ) really gonna hate this shit, made me jump so many times. :smug:

Well Done, but Ghosthunt 1 is smaller but scarier
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    February 2009
    1,909 Posts
    What happend to sparkys server : (
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    November 2009
    330 Posts
    Someone tell spike and barley
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 11Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    July 2009
    638 Posts
    first 10 minutes of it, really trying not to scare quit, already seen a ghost which attacked me

35. Post #35
    Near Invisible Text Mod
    May 2009
    5,288 Posts
    Someone tell spike and barley
    they know
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    I'm cool because I have a title period
    May 2009
    520 Posts
    Damnit , garrysmod.org is down.

Edit : dankill is right , breadman , please make an alternative download.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    January 2010
    8 Posts
    mirror please, garrysmod.org is down
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #38
    February 2009
    1,909 Posts
    Where is the blue skull?

39. Post #39
    August 2010
    159 Posts
    How do you console load the map in Garrysmod and Episode 2?

I do really need help with this fast! I want to play but dunno how to console load.

40. Post #40
    May 2011
    1,009 Posts
    anyone gonna make a server besides one winged?