1. Post #81
    May 2010
    3,734 Posts
    so i started gmod loaded the map. first i heard was the ghost detector making noises, then an earthquake happened and i heard some ghosts. i shat myself and went into a box. then i heard more noises and left gmod because im such a coward

2. Post #82
    Jvs
    PENISCorp's First Employee
    June 2009
    1,581 Posts
    For all who are complaining about the lag/lack of +E pickup , it should work in Synergy and Obsidian conflict ( thats how I played the first one with my friend)

I was waiting for this map for so long , and it releases at the time I do ONLY have a netbook :saddowns:
    Synergy and OC actually cared about prediction on the +use pickup,garry does not.

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,606 Posts
    someone spoiler the skulls for me please :3:

Edited:

decoded the binary
       http://hasylum.weebly.com/   

Edited:

warning the ghosts in the ghosthunt disallow spawnign of items on walls

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    208 Posts

Edited:

decoded the binary

Edited:

Good job decoding the binary. What on earth could be the source of this insanity?!

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,569 Posts

Edited:

decoded the binary

Edited:

Hey, I decoded that! :argh:

Edited:

Actually nah, I just couldn't be fucked decoding it and copied it off the thread for you :3:

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,606 Posts
    Hey, I decoded that! :argh:

Edited:

Actually nah, I just couldn't be fucked decoding it and copied it off the thread for you :3:
    Your right you did decode it

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,455 Posts
    Good job decoding the binary. What on earth could be the source of this insanity?!
    http://hasylum.weebly.com/secret.html

:golfclap:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Indonesia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    May 2011
    9 Posts
    i put the 3 skulls in the altars , but what happen??

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    1,680 Posts
    Where's the blue skull?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    June 2009
    1,760 Posts
    Tested the map.
    Loved-it, but have made me bored after 30 minutes of playing.
    Also, you are the first map maker i know who made an ARG for a map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #91
    IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME, YOUR OPINION DOESNT MATTER! >:(
    November 2009
    1,795 Posts
    I'm jelly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,454 Posts
    Anyone interesting in a server?
    Can host the map for a few days on my domain/server.

(I will also delete all weapons except Pick Up and the Crowbar :smug:)

13. Post #93
    November 2008
    935 Posts
    I finally managed to complete it with the help of a friend, I'll have to say that it's one of the greatest maps I've ever played :buddy:

14. Post #94
    May 2010
    3,734 Posts
    Anyone interesting in a server?
    Can host the map for a few days on my domain/server.

(I will also delete all weapons except Pick Up and the Crowbar :smug:)
    I am!

15. Post #95
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,454 Posts
    Gotta install Windows 7 real fast so i can put it up ASAP.

Will take some time tho,

16. Post #96
    IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME, YOUR OPINION DOESNT MATTER! >:(
    November 2009
    1,795 Posts
    As soon as I get back, I'm getting this map running on my Synergy server ASAP.

17. Post #97

June 2011
    3 Posts
    Holy crap GUYS >> Did anyone spot this in the secret video???

Anyone got any thoughts on what Breadman's upto??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    May 2011
    9 Posts
    lol! will have gh3? O_O
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

19. Post #99
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,454 Posts
    lol! will have gh3? O_O
    lol! Get Chrome xDDD

:colbert: No serious, get a other web browser and don't use "lol" or 0_0 xD :P XP here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #100
    July 2008
    785 Posts
    Is that a screen from shutter island?

21. Post #101

June 2011
    3 Posts
    lol! Get Chrome xDDD

:colbert: No serious, get a other web browser and don't use "lol" or 0_0 xD :P XP here
    i have chrome and hate it...so i stick with firefox ty :)..but this isnt a flame war about browsers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

22. Post #102
    August 2008
    1,038 Posts
    This is ridiculous. I actually can't play this map on my own, it's too scary. I'm such a massive pussy. I never realized how easily I scared. Breadman, this is brilliant. You should be immensely proud. I'm so tempted to run this on my server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,454 Posts
    i have chrome and hate it...so i stick with firefox ty :)..but this isnt a flame war about browsers.
    Again, stop using :) :( or shit like that, people will hate you if you do that throughout the forums
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #104

June 2011
    3 Posts
    Again, stop using :) :( or shit like that, people will hate you if you do that throughout the forums
    No offense, and I appreciate your a gold member, but im really not hear to make friends. The fact that your pretentious enough to comment on how I type or express my text is really obnoxious. I do not begin to criticize on how other people type, so why you feel you can do the same I really don't know. It just degrades them and puts them down so from my point of view its not nice. Anyway.....that's the last thing ill say on the matter

Breadman, awesome map..loved every moment of it, which was short as it was damn scarey, Keep it up!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 7Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    Jaykin' Bacon: Episode Three
    February 2005
    22,956 Posts
    you are a terrible poster (d-_-)d
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 14Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,454 Posts

No offense, and I appreciate your a gold member, but im really not hear to make friends. The fact that your pretentious enough to comment on how I type or express my text is really obnoxious. I do not begin to criticize on how other people type, so why you feel you can do the same I really don't know. It just degrades them and puts them down so from my point of view its not nice. Anyway.....that's the last thing ill say on the matter

Breadman, awesome map..loved every moment of it, which was short as it was damn scarey, Keep it up!
    Its just that people are receiving a lot of hate and leave in the end when it comes closer,
    And i did not said anything about my fucking GM status so keep that out.

Edited:

you are a terrible poster (d-_-)d
    Oho,
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,842 Posts

But I wanna be your friend :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #108
    SEXIST FUCK
    November 2010
    3,151 Posts
    Pretty well made map, breadman.
    So the next one is taking place at an asylum?
    I can tell it will be worth the wait.

29. Post #109
    February 2009
    1,909 Posts
    Pretty well made map, breadman.
    So the next one is taking place at an asylum?
    I can tell it will be worth the wait.
    I think he is reffering to ghosthunt 1

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    208 Posts
    I'll give you a hint.

It's not exactly Ghosthunt 3. And it's not Ghosthunt 1.

31. Post #111
    SEXIST FUCK
    November 2010
    3,151 Posts
    Then its    Hartley Aslyum.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    November 2008
    178 Posts
    Great map. I found a few minor bugs and I do have some hints that I will leave in spoiler tags.

Bug: In locations where    the ground is charred and appears to have a hole in it (a trigger for a ghost/monster coming up and taking a bite out of you) sometimes you cannot pass over it and must go around it.   

For those of you wondering what the skulls do,     finding all three skulls (red, normal, and purple) and placing them on the alter will exponentially increase the amount of activity and render you without power for the rest of your experience in the mines!   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #113
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,454 Posts
    Server is done.
    Currently testing network conditions

I removed all weapons, you can only use your Physgun.

Anyone has a mod that replaces the Grav gun with just empty hands to pick shit up?

34. Post #114
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,592 Posts
    wac has hands

35. Post #115
    May 2010
    3,734 Posts
    This is ridiculous. I actually can't play this map on my own, it's too scary. I'm such a massive pussy. I never realized how easily I scared. Breadman, this is brilliant. You should be immensely proud. I'm so tempted to run this on my server.
    you're not a pussy. i went and loaded the map thinking ''meh, this is just garry's mod, how can it be scary?'' but as soon as i spawned, i headed towards the tunnels and the ghost detector started alerting. i quit gmod right after that because i didn't feel like getting frightened

Edited:

Server is done.
    Currently testing network conditions

I removed all weapons, you can only use your Physgun.

Anyone has a mod that replaces the Grav gun with just empty hands to pick shit up?
    IP?

36. Post #116

May 2011
    28 Posts
    Post on GhostHunt

Breadman

Being swamped by my other projects. Really need to get this out. Waiting for the promo but if it's not here soon I will have no choice but to go ahead and release anyhow.

I get home tomorrow.

So what is other project ^^
    New Gh3? :D

37. Post #117
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,454 Posts
    ==
    Some serious lag, i shall restart my router to get a fixed IP
    EDIT:
    The server is located in Amsterdam/Holland, so Americans, wait for a other server
    ==

[h2]Server Open[/h2]

I will change between Ghosthunt 1 and 2 between some time so make sure you got both maps.
    Other things:
    - No weapons, only a limited phys gun
    - Legs! You can see your legs... how interesting?
    - Cycle between GH 1 and GH 2
    - Max 4 players (Can always extend this to 6)

Edited:

Ah fuck, i was messing out ULX in the spawn room when out of fucking nowhere a white flash appeared with a goddamn loud scream :argh:

Edited:

Failed to load sound "gm_ghosthunt\creepy_ambient_02.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
    Welcome to the GhostHouse
    Failed to load sound "gm_ghosthunt\short_whisper_02.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
    Failed to load sound "gm_ghosthunt\short_whisper_02.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
    Failed to load sound "gm_ghosthunt\creepy_ambient_02.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository

38. Post #118
    August 2008
    1,847 Posts
    To find the purple skull:
       Find the rebel ghost that dissappears as soon as he gets in your view (find the door that refuses to open period and go right.) Follow the path around the gate and look up at the top right corner of the gate. You'll need to shoot it down (use a para or the flechette gun) before you can E-carry it around with you.   

39. Post #119
    July 2010
    5,326 Posts
    So after finding all the skulls, I noclip'd around to get a better look at the map. I ended up finding...
       a hole that goes way down into some maze-like catacombs. From just walking around on top of the boards, there didn't seem to be a way to get down other than to spawn a weapon (in my case a grenade) and break them manually. Was there supposed to be something that triggers that path to open up or were we supposed to come across it by accident like I did(except without noclip)?   

40. Post #120
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,454 Posts
    Don' t blame about the lag, i just noticed myself that my download/upload speed is decreased by 60% because of new cabling around town