1. Post #121
    February 2010
    2,735 Posts
    This is the first MMO I've played ever, but it's really fun so far. I can have a good amount of fun with just the set archetypes, but I still wish we weren't broke and could afford gold.

I'd upload my guy but he's based on a personal character and nobody would get it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #122
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts
    He's not mainstream, you've probably never heard of him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

3. Post #123
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,074 Posts
    This is the first MMO I've played ever, but it's really fun so far. I can have a good amount of fun with just the set archetypes, but I still wish we weren't broke and could afford gold.

I'd upload my guy but he's based on a personal character and nobody would get it.
    Post it anyway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,244 Posts
    Oh wow, going to the club in this game is hilarious.
    I just walk in and see 5 guys dressed like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat arguing which one of them is the real one.
    Thank god my costume is far more original.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

5. Post #125
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts
    I haven't seen mine, yet.

6. Post #126
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,244 Posts
    I haven't seen mine, yet.
    Actually my IRL friend made denton a while ago, but he made a new character after that.

7. Post #127
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts
    I've been running around with Denton a while now.

8. Post #128
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,601 Posts
    I've been thinking about getting this game, but creating a superhero doesn't really seem worth it unless you went Gold (being limited to a few archetypes is just lame). Does one HAVE to pay-per-month or is there an option to pay for an entire year's worth of gold-time?

9. Post #129
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,480 Posts
    I've been thinking about getting this game, but creating a superhero doesn't really seem worth it unless you went Gold (being limited to a few archetypes is just lame). Does one HAVE to pay-per-month or is there an option to pay for an entire year's worth of gold-time?
    There are several payment options including 1,3,6, and I think 12 months, the larger the block the larger the discount. There's also a Lifetime sub for $300 IIRC. Personally I'd recommend 3 months and see if the game still holds your attention.

10. Post #130
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,408 Posts
    This game's pretty sweet, actually. First MMO I've ever played, I'm enjoying it so far.

I'd post my character but my graphics are super low so it'd look bad. Unless there's a place online I can see them, I probably can't post it. :(

11. Post #131
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,601 Posts
    There are several payment options including 1,3,6, and I think 12 months, the larger the block the larger the discount. There's also a Lifetime sub for $300 IIRC. Personally I'd recommend 3 months and see if the game still holds your attention.
    Yeah, I figured signing on for a month or so first would be the smart thing to do.

12. Post #132
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,569 Posts
    Is there a facepunch superteam or whatever for this?
    Or could I at least get the names of a few other lower-level players so I don't have to solo or rely on furries?

13. Post #133
    March 2009
    287 Posts
    Hah you could team up with me. My ign is SnowboardMoose or Fisti-cuff man, lvl 16

14. Post #134
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,408 Posts
    Is there a facepunch superteam or whatever for this?
    Or could I at least get the names of a few other lower-level players so I don't have to solo or rely on furries?
    Add me if you're really low. IGN is "MONGO LIKE PAINT CHIPS YUM YUM", @Zinayzen. Level 7 right now, doing the Purple questline. Also Captain Formal, but I play him less.

15. Post #135
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts
    Hah you could team up with me. My ign is SnowboardMoose or Fisti-cuff man, lvl 16
    Oh shit, right. I have to give you an invite for UNATCO.

Edited:

:doh:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #136
    November 2010
    5,687 Posts
    One thing that really bugs me about this game is how the game content is stored. Basically every minor update takes about 600 megabytes, when they just add one archetype or a few costume pieces. I'm guessing all of that stuff is bunched into a single file and it has to download the new one for each patch. Would explain why I've downloaded more space worth of patches than the game takes by itself.

Edited:

Ooh, they made all of the previous game content resold on the shop free for golds!

17. Post #137
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,435 Posts

Don't mind me, just chilling on a pair of boobs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Indonesia Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

18. Post #138
    November 2010
    5,687 Posts
    Impulse 101 is lacking all weapons in the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #139
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,408 Posts
    I'm considering buying a sub. What's the payment plan/best option?

Edited:

also i cannot log in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #140
    March 2009
    287 Posts
    Oh shit, right. I have to give you an invite for UNATCO.

Edited:

:doh:
    I joined a super team for a bit but I'll leave it.

Edited:

It's saying "Unable to authenticate", some bullshit like that.

21. Post #141
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,408 Posts
    They're fixing it right now, forums are down too.

22. Post #142
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts
    In about 6-7 days I'll be getting money and I'll get myself premium or whatever. Freeform character ho!

23. Post #143
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,408 Posts
    I'm looking for a place that's got builds listed and stuff. I'll try to build it by myself, of course, but having a goal from people that know the game better than I do can't hurt.

24. Post #144
    October 2008
    1,995 Posts
    Caved and went gold. I see they have yet to make my freeform Dual Blader any less OP.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #145
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,408 Posts
    It's up now.

Edited:

I can't figure out how to upgrade to gold. :< I get to here and there's no "BUY 1 MONTH" button. Help me please. :buddy:

Edited:

found it

26. Post #146
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    398 Posts
    Here's an old pic of my guy I made a while back ago.

Name is Dr. Fist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #147
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    7,561 Posts
    Only way I will play this is if I subscribe.

I'm subscribing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #148
    March 2009
    287 Posts
    Same

koekje4life V2, I left my super group so you can add me now

29. Post #149
    April 2011
    1,045 Posts
    I get disconnected when I enter areas to do quest. :saddowns:

Edited:

The disconnecting problems have ceased. :woop:

30. Post #150
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,342 Posts

An old Melee with Ice powers character I made. Can anyone guess where you've seen this before?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #151
    January 2010
    2,717 Posts
    This is going to be finishing the install in an hour, and I am trying to decide what archetype Jules Winnfield from Pulp Fiction should be. Any help?
    EDIT: Nevermind, I am Dl'ing APB instead.

32. Post #152
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts

An old Melee with Ice powers character I made. Can anyone guess where you've seen this before?!
    Quake?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #153
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,679 Posts
    http://www.champions-online.com/bloodmoon

Another Bloodmoon event tonight, any facepunchers want to group up later for it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #154
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,408 Posts
    Rats and I did it last night, it seems to just be a pain in the ass. I'd rather just level up, personally.

Unless we did it wrong and it IS possible to get experience from it, in which case yes.

35. Post #155
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,601 Posts
    I bought a month of gold-time and made this guy:

His name's Orona Wilks, and his backstory is that basically, he was disgruntled by the Mary-Sue Mandalorians in Karen Traviss' Star Wars books, so he broke into the secret laboratory beneath Skywalker Ranch and made a not-so-close approximation of Boba Fett's armor so he could... I dunno, assassinate her or something? But after he escaped from the labs (it was guarded by Stormtroopers, it wasn't that hard), he realized that he may have went a little to far in enacting revenge for his fanboy fantasies, so he ditched his plans and went to Millennium City to become a superhero.

I know, I know, unoriginal design and sucky backstory, but I hope to make up for it with the rogue's gallery I have planned for him. Until then... I really do like this game. I think I'll be spending quite a while on it.

36. Post #156
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,408 Posts
    I'm guessing power armor and gadgeteering?

37. Post #157
    November 2010
    5,687 Posts
    I'm guessing power armor and gadgeteering?
    no, celestial and ice

38. Post #158
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,342 Posts

Don't mind me, just chilling on a pair of boobs
    You're a nipple on the tit of society!

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,264 Posts

Ladies, please. Contain your orgasms.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #160
    April 2011
    1,045 Posts
    Thumb that fucking picture, shesh.