1. Post #281
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,637 Posts
    Also: CRAFTING
    I maxed out myself on the science path until I can get level 31 (I'm at 300 science). I hate level requirements for getting higher levels of crafting.

Here's my alternate costume.

2. Post #282
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    2,496 Posts
    Yeah, I wish leveling was a bit faster, so I could get to these cooler, higher levels of crafting.
    Making things is fun.
    My character I've had the most fun on:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

3. Post #283
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    Super jump is literally faster than super speed because you can jump over everything, and not give a single fuck.
    But you cant stay in the air and you are still tied to the ground. Flight is the "best" because you can go literally anywhere but its also the most bland.

Edited:

Its an MMO. You arent supposed to level up super fast.

4. Post #284
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts
    Super jump is as fast as light speed in movement speed. It's cool.

5. Post #285
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    Super jump is as fast as light speed in movement speed. It's cool.
    Light speed is just super speed with a trail. (well is like +1m/s faster but still)

6. Post #286
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts
    Well technically it's better because vertical movement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #287
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    Well technically it's better because vertical movement.
    Can we agree that tunneling is the worst power?

It's slow, you cant charge it, cant talk to NPCs, cant fight, there is a small time where even though you are underground you can still be attacked, you have to dig first which takes a few seconds, you cant go up unless there is a ramp, and it cant change colors.

8. Post #288
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts
    It's terrible.

Edited:

But oh so cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #289
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    It's terrible.

Edited:

But oh so cool.
    I like it but its so damn annoying to have. Makes me almost useless when trying to party up as I am slower than EVERYONE.

10. Post #290
    September 2009
    7,210 Posts
    Super Jumping / Rocket Boots are better than Super Speed and Acrobatics in the distance traveled (it's both faster and covers buildings easily), but for instances it's shit because you keep hitting the ceiling, and you have to learn where to land or else you might trigger hostility from a mob, and they can attack from a mile away for some reason after you trigger it. [A good tactic for jumpers is to learn how to land on telephone lines - they count as solid ground and are out of NPC hostility trigger ranges usually.]

The only Travel Power with much of a combat advantage (considering the lock-on system) is Teleport; it knocks off lock-ons, can be used to trick players and so forth. If none of your powers have gotten any upgrades to counter Travel Powers, Teleporters will be a bitch to fight in PVP.

11. Post #291
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    Super Jumping / Rocket Boots are better than Super Speed and Acrobatics in the distance traveled (it's both faster and covers buildings easily), but for instances it's shit because you keep hitting the ceiling, and you have to learn where to land or else you might trigger hostility from a mob, and they can attack from a mile away for some reason after you trigger it. [A good tactic for jumpers is to learn how to land on telephone lines - they count as solid ground and are out of NPC hostility trigger ranges usually.]

The only Travel Power with much of a combat advantage (considering the lock-on system) is Teleport; it knocks off lock-ons, can be used to trick players and so forth. If none of your powers have gotten any upgrades to counter Travel Powers, Teleporters will be a bitch to fight in PVP.
    On my tunneler I have a "nailed to the ground" upgrade that cancels travel powers and silences them for 30 seconds.

12. Post #292
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    13,916 Posts
    I really like having the the drones as pets. In combat mode, they are good for drawing attention away and for taking out smaller enemies, but as an almost exclusively melee character, the knockback beam is awful for me. On the other side however, healing mode is great. They heal me quickly and, combined the the medical nanites, I usually never go too far down on health. They also heal each other because of the area healing around me. This is especially useful in fights against very difficult enemies because if I get low on health, I can bring up the energy shield and back off while they heal me back up to health. The medical nanites, while slow and don't heal a lot are a great fallback system if the drones get taken down. The one major drawback though is that the things draw unbelievable attention, and sometimes they just go stupid and will either get stuck around a corner or behind an object, or just a little too far away, and they won't heal me. So if I'm traveling over a large distance, I have to dispel them or else they'll lag behind and end up drawing everything I pass to come and murder me.

13. Post #293
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    12,129 Posts
    lol i spent way more time making the characters than playing
    his backstory is that his arms were taken from him during the cold war and his name is arms race lolz

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #294
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    2,496 Posts
    What's the best silver archetype, do you guys think?

15. Post #295
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    What's the best silver archetype, do you guys think?
    Ice or mind. Fire is pretty good too.

16. Post #296
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts
    Soldier for solid ranged DPS and AOE, and blade for melee DPS and ridiculous amounts of dodge.

17. Post #297
    I used to pay for this game... What are the restrictions for F2P exactly?

18. Post #298
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts
    I used to pay for this game... What are the restrictions for F2P exactly?
    You get jack shit in character development skillwise, and you get less parts to play with to design your hero.

19. Post #299
    How much less?

By the looks of reading around, it seems that when I don't pay. I have to stick with one powerset throughout the game?

20. Post #300
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts
    How much less?

By the looks of reading around, it seems that when I don't pay. I have to stick with one powerset throughout the game?
    That's the gist.

21. Post #301
    Pfft well fuck that. I remember when I'd use my Minigun with roomsweeper. Damn good combo..

I wonder if my characters are still there...

22. Post #302
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    http://champions-online.com/f2p_matrix for all your questions.

23. Post #303
    Pfft. Looks like I'm not getting back into this anytime soon.. Sadly I can't afford it.

24. Post #304
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    for anyone who is lazy.

Edited:

why is this not in the OP?

25. Post #305
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,637 Posts
    for anyone who is lazy.

Edited:

why is this not in the OP?
    ...That's not the public link, that's your own personal link. We can't see it.

26. Post #306
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    its in the public folder

Edited:

Regardless, its fixed now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #307
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,001 Posts
    I got bored of this after a few hours. Half of the content is pay only and I can't buy a lifetime subscription anymore.

28. Post #308
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    2,496 Posts
    I almost want to get a lifetime subscription.
    The thing is, that's a shitload of money for a game.

29. Post #309
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    889 Posts
    I almost want to get a lifetime subscription.
    The thing is, that's a shitload of money for a game.
    299.99 USD to be exact. I had no idea they even did a lifetime subscription.
    http://www.champions-online.com/lifetime
    Nice to know you will never have to stop being a gold member because you haven't paid that month or whatever, but is it really worth that much money?

[Edit]: but then again... if you are serious about this game, and would consider buying it monthly... at 14.99 a month, by aprox 20 months of solid gold member, you've already paid the life subsciption fee, while only having a year and a bit's worth of gold membership

30. Post #310
    October 2008
    2,019 Posts
    Couldn't foresee this game having the kind of lasting appeal to warrant such a cost.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #311
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    160 Posts
    Couldn't foresee this game having the kind of lasting appeal to warrant such a cost.
    Lifetimer here, It doesn't. The highest character i got to was 27 before getting really bored. I don't regret spending the money though.

Sometimes i get an idea of a fun character to make and powersets to use, end up making it and get bored before level 9. I would have rather gone to CoH but they don't have the lifetime option and you can only pay monthly (AFAIK).

It was either Champions or DCO. Don't know if i made the right choice. At least won't have to worry about paying again if i ever decide to go back again.

32. Post #312
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    DCO gets boring really quick. three travel powers and everyone picks flight. Not to mention everyone looks like superman or the joker.

33. Post #313
    October 2008
    2,019 Posts
    Lifetimer here, It doesn't. The highest character i got to was 27 before getting really bored. I don't regret spending the money though.

Sometimes i get an idea of a fun character to make and powersets to use, end up making it and get bored before level 9. I would have rather gone to CoH but they don't have the lifetime option and you can only pay monthly (AFAIK).

It was either Champions or DCO. Don't know if i made the right choice. At least won't have to worry about paying again if i ever decide to go back again.
    I play it off and on every few months for a few weeks, game just doesn't have enough content.

CoX doesn't have a lifetime option. Even though I really wish it did, might be the one game I would be willing to do it for. The mission creator gave me endless hours of fun when it first came out, still does when I go back every now and again.

34. Post #314
    May 2010
    916 Posts
    None of my friends ever feel like playing this game no matter how much I pester them. I'm thinking about making a Steam group so we can all get together.
    How does Champions Online (Facepunch) sound?

Also, I added the Free/Paid chart and a protips section to the OP. I'm taking suggestions.

Here are some interesting characters I've seen.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #315
    February 2010
    186 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #316
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    None of my friends ever feel like playing this game no matter how much I pester them. I'm thinking about making a Steam group so we can all get together.

How does Champions Online (Facepunch) sound?
    Might as well I guess. We have a Super Group in game already but it cant hurt to have something out of game too.

37. Post #317
    May 2010
    916 Posts
    Steam group done.
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ChampionsOnlineFP

Might as well I guess. We have a Super Group in game already but it cant hurt to have something out of game too.
    How does one enter the Super Group?

38. Post #318
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    Steam group done.
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ChampionsOnlineFP

How does one enter the Super Group?
    PM me your character@account names

39. Post #319
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,679 Posts
    Joined the steam group and I'd like to join the super group too if thats cool Nohj, sent a PM.

40. Post #320
    Same. Why the hell not. I'm going to pay 15 dollars to play for one month, and see what goes on from there. Game brings me back. I fucking LOVE the PvP.