1. Post #201
    August 2008
    641 Posts
    I was once interested in Secret World, and still am to a limited degree, but once I heard EA was co-publishing I just couldn't bring myself to stay enthusiastic. If buying The Secret World means I have to give even a single penny to EA, then i'll have to abandon my previous aspirations to consider getting it.

So sad that they didn't choose a less soul-devouring publisher, but at least they didn't sign a deal with the Beelzebob.
    I hate ea as well. but you should be glad. Because if ea is co-publishing the game, that means it will get alot more attention. which means alot more money, which means a better game

2. Post #202
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    810 Posts
    I hate ea as well. but you should be glad. Because if ea is co-publishing the game, that means it will get alot more attention. which means alot more money, which means a better game
    yeah and trust me funcom is going to need the money because I just don't see this game doing too well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

3. Post #203
    I watched a stream of a video game so that means I'm an authority on it!
    May 2007
    5,312 Posts
    The concept, the way they do the story with cinematics, the voice acting, and the settings and areas are fucking amazing.

The gameplay, is absolutely just garbage.

This game had a lot of potential, but fucked up big time with horrible gameplay that gets boring after like 30 minutes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #204
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,791 Posts
    I only managed to try it for an hour or so but everything just feels rather poor. Animations, ui and combat are all cringe worthy are my first impressions.

I guess I expected something better but really those running animations put me off right from the beginning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    810 Posts
    i dunno man has funcom ever made a good game
    like are we really surprised TSW is mediocre?

6. Post #206
    If someone calls you a whore, salute them!
    July 2007
    13,864 Posts
    Dreamfall: The Longest Journey is one of my all time favorite games and it's made by them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #207
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,675 Posts
    After playing the beta on this game, i felt somewhat happy but after a while... it felt a bit disappointed... now i am bored of the game since The Savage Coast is not completely finished, and most of the quests in that area is bugged and the monsters are way too hard...

From now on, i'm begin to think funcom is not a great game developer, as sadly most of their games don't get much attention and also shunned by their rocky launches and bugged games. Now after this game... i do believe that people will avoid it like it's the plague.

8. Post #208
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,605 Posts
    Anarchy online was fucking badass, get out.

Edited:

I only managed to try it for an hour or so but everything just feels rather poor. Animations, ui and combat are all cringe worthy are my first impressions.

I guess I expected something better but really those running animations put me off right from the beginning.
    From what I heard they're all Placeholder animations and SFX and everything until the game comes out, not sure why they're doing that as it gives terrible first impression on the beta.

Here's me just hoping it's true.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #209
    Nya~
    April 2011
    5,308 Posts
    applied to the beta as a Templar, worth it?

10. Post #210
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,470 Posts
    I got a code for the beta this weekend and am downloading it now but...

after seeing what tera did to me, I just don't know about MMOs anymore...

11. Post #211
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    3,125 Posts
    I just got a code for beta this weekend too.

Is this game worth downloading? 12 gigs for a beta geez.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

12. Post #212
    September 2010
    3,265 Posts
    Hey guys, how much will the game cost and how much will be the monthly fee? Standard 15$?

13. Post #213
    Dennab
    March 2009
    376 Posts
    Just played it and uninstalled it straight away. Horrible IMO
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #214
    November 2009
    1,965 Posts
    Just played it and uninstalled it straight away. Horrible IMO
    It took more time to install than it did for me to play and uninstall.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #215
    July 2008
    1,278 Posts
    Why is it so bad?

16. Post #216
    it's pronounced camel
    May 2010
    3,348 Posts
    I really like the concept of this, but given the poor reactions of the game so far, and the fact that there are recurring subs (I really hate subs), I won't even try this. Unless the subs are removed, and I can see this game going F2P. Although it's an EA game, so it'll be milked as much as possible. Warhammer Online is pretty much dead and that still has a subscription required :V

17. Post #217
    October 2011
    182 Posts
    I personally don't have interest in this.
    But since I play Bloodline Champions, Funcom gave me two keys.

N5WQ9LTXRPUGQN2BLD8N

742MXGMQTXJYRFZJUBD2

Have fun. (This is for this weekends beta test)

18. Post #218
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,457 Posts
    I like everything about it, except the combat.

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,058 Posts
    I really enjoyed the setting and theme. The quests were decent and the whole way they handled the leveling is awesome. I just cannot get over the boring gameplay itself combined with terrible, terrible lag.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,470 Posts
    I like everything about it, except the combat.
    Fuck.

Mix this game's setting, questing system, progression system, and story with something akin to Tera's combat system and UE3. Funcom would have had all my money.

Edited:

Sadly, it looks as though the game is ruined solely based on it's horrible combat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #221
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,197 Posts
    I really enjoyed the setting and theme. The quests were decent and the whole way they handled the leveling is awesome. I just cannot get over the boring gameplay itself combined with terrible, terrible lag.
    ^ and I Spent about 30 minutes just pissing around with the emotes when we came to the conclusion that the gameplay/combat is fucking abysmal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #222
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,791 Posts
    yep, the biggest let down is the thing you spend majority of your time doing. combat.

23. Post #223
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,058 Posts
    This is a game I would probably purchase if it were F2P just to kill a few hours. I don't feel like it's worth a sub AND a cash shop though.

24. Post #224
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,321 Posts
    Agreed, most definitely isn't worth a sub, especially not a 12 one.

Also me and my friend duo'd half of plaris.

25. Post #225
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    477 Posts

26. Post #226
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,697 Posts
    Just read Rock Paper Shotgun's article on this and it has me slightly interested, but I've only really seen people saying that this game is pretty bland. Has anyone here bought it (now that it's released) that can give their opinion on it so far?

27. Post #227
    August 2008
    641 Posts
    I bought it, patching right now. I hear that the combat and "flow" i.e animation and generally the smoothness of how the abilities work. Is still just as bland. However, when you get higher lvl and get to unlock more abilities and get a bigger rotation, it does get a whole lot more interesting.

Especially considering, since the raid/boss/dungeon tactics are very interesting. I think this game has some real potential still.

So I bought it, hoping that once I get well into the game it's gonna get good. I only played it for 1 day in the beta and I was tired of it. But the closed beta was buggy and unfinished. I'll let you guys know my impressions in a day or two after i've actually gotten to play it a bit thurally.

I am excited tho, I'll say that much.

28. Post #228
    Dancing Member
    July 2009
    2,758 Posts
    I like it, its got a charm I haven't found in another MMO.

29. Post #229
    October 2009
    1,098 Posts
    Do you have to buy a gamecard or fill in credit card information to get the first 30 days for free when buying the game?

If that's not the case, I'd would be interested in trying it out.

30. Post #230
    August 2008
    641 Posts
    Do you have to buy a gamecard or fill in credit card information to get the first 30 days for free when buying the game?

If that's not the case, I'd would be interested in trying it out.
    No, I was afraid of it as well. But was glad to see you just have to buy - install - play. You add billing info once the 30 days have run out.

31. Post #231
    October 2009
    1,098 Posts
    Ah, that's great, just bought it myself.

Hopefully this game will last me for at least a couple of months.

32. Post #232
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    614 Posts
    Funny, I like this game.
    The combat is kinda meh, but honestly, I've gotten past that.

33. Post #233
    August 2008
    641 Posts
    The pvp is friggin delicious. Not only the mechanics but the actual warzones themselves are fun to play. This game is deffinitely seeming alot better now then when I tried it in beta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #234
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,843 Posts
    The pvp is friggin delicious. Not only the mechanics but the actual warzones themselves are fun to play. This game is deffinitely seeming alot better now then when I tried it in beta.
    So they actually made the combat not awful?

35. Post #235
    August 2008
    641 Posts
    So they actually made the combat not awful?
    Combat is good, animations still are very bland so it APPEARS dull. But it really isn't.

36. Post #236
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,843 Posts
    Combat is good, animations still are very bland so it APPEARS dull. But it really isn't.
    The combat was just bad in the beta, did they actually change it or what?

37. Post #237
    September 2008
    610 Posts

What the hell

38. Post #238
    October 2009
    1,098 Posts
    The combat was just bad in the beta, did they actually change it or what?
    I'm definitely not annoyed by it anymore, you should also try out each type of weapon, there's some I completely hate, some I tolerate and of course two or three which I love to play with.

Don't judge the game on your first try with a shotgun.
    To be honest, they should change that short section of the game, or you can skip it.

By the way, if someone is looking for a cheap copy of the game, http://www.g2play.net/store/The-Secr...-Included.html only 35 euro's currently.

39. Post #239
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,757 Posts
    I feel some people in this thread would appreciate knowing that this game was just added to the Steam registry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

40. Post #240
    April 2011
    657 Posts
    So, general consensus? I generally trust the players of FP more than news articles and whatnot. Did it change at all from beta, or was what I saw there the whole scope?