1. Post #1
    October 2009
    583 Posts
    Just to clarify, this is no longer a service that requires payment. You can try it out right now, just click here

If you're in the 'rip off trading' circles, you're probably aware of the two major 'server scanners' out there at the moment. There's Up To No Good, a great scanner made by Hideous, which unfortunately flops because of it's lack of resources on Google's Appspot platform. There's also the popular scanner made by Jessecar96, the downside to this is that the 'cost' is a Bill's hat, which may deter some people just getting into this.

As a result, and at the request of a few friends, I've made a competitor of my own.

After feedback in this thread, I've decided that Facepunch users should be granted free activation, as the payment system is certainly flawed. Click here to activate your account.

You may be wondering "Okay, this is great, but what does it do differently to the other scanners out there?". There are many answers to that question.

1) The scanner is hosted on a dedicated machine, running nothing much other than this scanner. The last patch of downtime on this server was in December, when a full reinstall was required. The scanner will be there when you need it.

2) The scanner is lightning fast. Expect a 32 man server scan to take less than 3-4 seconds.

---

Thanks for reading this, and I look forward to any feedback.

@Mods: I read the rules sticky for this board and saw nothing relating to topics of this variety, I didn't want to clutter up the rip-off trading thread any more than it is already, so I created a new thread. I hope that this is okay. Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner x 40Dumb x 20Useful x 4Friendly x 2Optimistic x 2Disagree x 1Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    April 2011
    415 Posts
    I wouldn't mind beta testing as I'm on TF2 for 6-10 hours a day and I use the Jessecar96 scanner on a daily basis as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #3
    Can't Keep Johnny Down
    April 2009
    2,376 Posts
    depending on how much you 'pay', you get x amount of lookups per day, making this platform perfect for those only just wanting to get started with the art of rip off trading.
    Wow, that sucks. My scanner is free, for everyone, which would work out well if it wasn't so darn popular and if people would just fucking donate instead of adding me as a friend and whining.

Sorry, needed to vent a bit

I like your scam score stuff, but I hope it can be disabled and only show the tf2 time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 17 (list)

4. Post #4
    April 2011
    200 Posts
    Is is like UTNG? jeese's scanners are crap
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Agree Agree x 8 (list)

5. Post #5
    November 2010
    2,806 Posts
    I thought Up To No Good also was done by Jesse?

Oh well, I don't really care, I'm in the credits on Jesse's, so I ain't payin' nuthin, yo!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    April 2011
    200 Posts
    I thought Up To No Good also was done by Jesse?
    Lol you wish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

7. Post #7
    October 2009
    583 Posts
    Wow, that sucks. My scanner is free, for everyone, which would work out well if it wasn't so darn popular and if people would just fucking donate instead of adding me as a friend and whining.

Sorry, needed to vent a bit

I like your scam score stuff, but I hope it can be disabled and only show the tf2 time.
    I completely understand where you're coming from; I'm considering a free option with 5 or so lookups a day, which keeps the server from being hammered, while also giving those who want to try it out a chance to do so.

I'd really considered going completely free on this. But the problem with that is the sheer amount of data that would be travelling back and forth between the site and the Steam API servers. The notion of having to 'invest' should keep this from being a problem. For now.

The payment aspect really is there to hold back people from hammering the service more than it is for me to gain free hats.

The above statement is now irrelevant. All Facepunch users have been granted access to the service. Click here to begin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #8
    November 2010
    2,806 Posts
    Lol you wish.
    Why would I wish so?

I don't really care who made it, Hideous is also a pretty cool guy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    October 2010
    7,947 Posts
    You have to PAY to get jesse's scanner? Wow, that thing has gone to worse shit than I can remember...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 21Agree Agree x 4 (list)

10. Post #10
    YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME
    August 2006
    10,018 Posts
    Ever wondered about what you gonna do when there is nobody left to scam?

You have to PAY to get jesse's scanner? Wow, that thing has gone to worse shit than I can remember...
    A post by PyroCraz3d. Incoming boxes...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 16Funny Funny x 3Zing Zing x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    April 2011
    200 Posts
    I love how you guys protect jeese's scanners when they don't even hide untradable items
    Don't get me started on the web scanner he made i can show many stupid problems it has for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,966 Posts
    There are plenty of good free scanenrs stop trying to sell your scanner which is worse than the free ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

13. Post #13
    October 2010
    7,947 Posts
    Ever wondered about what you gonna do when there is nobody left to scam?

A post by PyroCraz3d. Incoming boxes...
    I can't wait until there is nobody left to scam. That way, those people who try to keep scam trading exclusive can get off their high horse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

14. Post #14
    April 2011
    200 Posts
    I can't wait until there is nobody left to scam. That way, those people who try to keep scam trading exclusive can get off their high horse.
    I have to agree with you on that this weekend i didn't find anymore dumb people with craftable hats THANKS TO THE STUPID RIP OFF THREAD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events

15. Post #15
    October 2009
    583 Posts
    There are plenty of good free scanenrs stop trying to sell your scanner which is worse than the free ones.
    Could you list them? The only web based one I'm aware of is UTNG.

Also it's amazing how you can compare something you've never used to another product. That's quite a skill.

16. Post #16
    November 2010
    2,806 Posts
    You used to scam youself, don't be such a hypocrite.

I've retired from it too, but I'm not pointing fingers on those who choose to continue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME
    August 2006
    10,018 Posts
    I suppose it's good because little did you guys know that scam trading is killing the economy. That's why buds dropped to $18.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #18
    April 2011
    200 Posts
    I suppose it's good because little did you guys know that scam trading is killing the economy. That's why buds dropped to $18.
    Like everyone gives a shit about the economy the trading rules should have stayed the same as they stayed when trading was released when i traded that hound dog for a max head no one ever said something in that server that i was.

But noo... let's pay 80$ dollars for a virtual item that doesn't give you any fucking advantage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    October 2010
    7,947 Posts
    You used to scam youself, don't be such a hypocrite.

I've retired from it too, but I'm not pointing fingers on those who choose to continue.
    I used to scam, yes. What I mean is, people are trying to make the scanners for only people who have been here for awhile. AKA, not noob-friendly. Well, my last argument about this went on for pages for those people, so let's leave it alone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
    November 2010
    4,240 Posts
    The economy deserves to die.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 36Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,732 Posts
    MLP just got old, the new unlimited source of drama are TF2 server scanners.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    November 2010
    2,806 Posts
    I used to scam, yes. What I mean is, people are trying to make the scanners for only people who have been here for awhile. AKA, not noob-friendly. Well, my last argument about this went on for pages for those people, so let's leave it alone.
    I believe Jesse's scanner only became pay-to-use just recently, all the current users get to keep it, which is quite a lot.

I understand how it can become annoying to get only ungreatfulness(EI: Like Pizzaboys post) and nothing in return for spending time developing it. I do think it should just remain free at this point, and the log-in system removed, but It's up to him what he want to do with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,379 Posts
    I have to agree with you on that this weekend i didn't find anymore dumb people with craftable hats THANKS TO THE STUPID RIP OFF THREAD
    Yeah... I can almost gurantee that thread got you into it.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,821 Posts
    I believe Jesse's scanner only became pay-to-use just recently, all the current users get to keep it, which is quite a lot.

I understand how it can become annoying to get only ungreatfulness(EI: Like Pizzaboys post) and nothing in return for spending time developing it. I do think it should just remain free at this point, and the log-in system removed, but It's up to him what he want to do with it.
    You should totally try to persuade him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

25. Post #25
    November 2010
    2,806 Posts
    You should totally try to persuade him.
    I've already tried.

I've send pictures of me doing all kinds of sexy poses naked, but it's not working :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

26. Post #26
    April 2011
    200 Posts

Also running the newest version of firefox.

I haven't ever seen 1 single error in UTNG and it does just what i wanted.

I checked theese:
    Genuine Items
    Normal Hats
    Vintage Hats
    Unusual Hats
    Promotional items
    Keys
    Show users above the highlighting threshold
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events Zing Zing x 7Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

27. Post #27
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,221 Posts
    I don't scam, but if you guys really get pissy over paying to use scanners, do it the old and long way.
    Typing everyone's steam name into tf2b or something.

Edited:

Can't wait for the day when the economy crashes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Zing Zing x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    11,181 Posts
    How about you download the scanner instead? I use it without any problems. Also, I don't know how your gonna have a good argument if you can't even spell properly or write text that isn't an eyesore to read.

How about you check the boxes to what your looking for up there dumbass instead of just clicking scan and pointing out stuff you don't want because you didn't fucking do anything to the settings.

29. Post #29
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    17,032 Posts
    well if it wasn't so darn popular and if people would just fucking donate instead of adding me as a friend and whining.
    Thats why jesse made it pay, It was free at first
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    11,181 Posts
    -snip- God damn automerge.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,821 Posts
    I've already tried.

I've send pictures of me doing all kinds of sexy poses naked, but it's not working :smith:
    They obviously weren't sexy enough, did you try posing with a beard? Everyone loves beards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    11,181 Posts
    Fucking automerge.

Edited:

STOP BREAKING MY AUTOMERGE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    April 2011
    200 Posts
    How about you download the scanner instead? I use it without any problems. Also, I don't know how your gonna have a good argument if you can't even spell properly or write text that isn't an eyesore to read.
    I checked theese:
    Genuine Items
    Normal Hats
    Vintage Hats
    Unusual Hats
    Promotional items
    Keys

Got anything else to say?

lol quote bugged
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events

34. Post #34
    October 2009
    583 Posts

Figured I'd respond to this image with this.

(Yes, I know Bills hats score over unusuals. That fix is in the code and ready to be committed.)

(Click to enlarge)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    11,181 Posts
    I checked theese:
    Genuine Items
    Normal Hats
    Vintage Hats
    Unusual Hats
    Promotional items
    Keys

Got anything else to say?

lol quote bugged
    Well show me that you did because the empty boxes I see up there say otherwise, Mr. Baseless Claims.

I think I'll stick with Jesse's downloadable scanner that has gotten me about 6 buds over the amount of time I've had it. (Since V9-10)

36. Post #36
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,221 Posts
    :munch:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    October 2010
    13,386 Posts
    the real question is, do you really wanna spend your time scanning (and scamming) for shit you don't need?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

38. Post #38
    April 2011
    200 Posts
    Figured I'd respond to this image with this.

(Yes, I know Bills hats score over unusuals. That fix is in the code and ready to be committed.)

(Click to enlarge)
    Looks nice and all but its better when i try it so i can feedback etc

Edited:

the real question is, do you really wanna spend your time scanning (and scamming) for shit you don't need?
    Well craftable hats are really useful i still have to get the teddy and veil till i am done with scamming
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    October 2010
    13,386 Posts
    you HAVE to get the teddy and you HAVE to get the veil.

don't that seem a little fucked up to you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,221 Posts
    You WANT to get the teddy and veil

There's a big difference between 'want' and 'need' my boy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)