1. Post #1
    February 2010
    412 Posts
    Rethink Sex: The problem with sexual education in America

It's that time again all the kids are lining up for another annual sex ed class. Everyone knows what is going to happen, the boring 90 year old man will tell us about how by having sex you can transfer; chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, yeast infections, Hepatitis a,b and c! Not to mention HIV, HPV, herpes, crabs, scabies and last but not least AIDS! They tell you what? The only way to not get a disease is to not have sex.

It's a very informative class, and a fun one too! You get to see the inside of penis and vagina in black and white. You get a little worksheet where you put the words to the parts. For example you need to correctly find where the labia and clitoris are located on a vagina. From the angle the vagina sort of looks like a weird alien lol!

I don't know about you but when I'm going down on a girl it looks more like this.

Now this would be a much better example but let's be realistic those conservative soccer moms would lose their basket. Hell why even tell kids about having safe sex when we could just tell them not to have sex, a fucking full proof plan. No sex=no unwanted babies and no disease. Marry the one you love, who you know is safe. I mean most kids are Christians anyways right. But why should it be the parents responsibility to talk about sex, that conversation is far too awkward to talk about I mean your mom and pa talking to you about sex! Gross! So it should be schools responsibility.
    Just hire someone to go to all the schools in the district to talk about Abstinence! Have him show a few videos on how scary STD's are. Show the little ones, how to correctly point out what a scrotum is. In high school teach the same thing, maybe cut out the genital diagrams and just talk more about STD's.

That only problem with that plan is it never worked.

In 2006 approximately 270,000 girls under 20 became pregnant

In 2009 approximately 54,000 Americans were infected with HIV

It is estimated that there are more than 68 million current STD infections among Americans.
    Current Sexual Education

With these numbers it's not hard to figure that the ways were teaching about sex is completely wrong. Over the years schools have tried to modify their plans to turn it from Abstinence only to Abstinence plus. Abstinence plus is modified sex ed that follows a more realistic approach but it has flaws. It teaches that you being abstinent is a good plan but if you do happen to have sex with another partner wear a condom. This is a step in the right detection but like I said it has its flaws.

For starters it still follows the old path of abstinence, telling you that you should try and stay with long time partner if you going to have sex. Teenagers are social beings, if they meet a interesting guy or girl, they will form a mental connection as well as a physical connection. Sex in my opinion is something your body needs, saying things like abstinence makes sex seem like something that needs to be put away, something that should be used for reproduction rather than fun. Abstinence programs make sex seem like something you should be ashamed off, that if you not in year long relationship having sex is wrong.

The second problem with these programs is they fail to cover other subjects such as homosexuality and cheating. Say you’re one of these people who are in a abstinent relationship and your partner has sex with another person and infects you with a disease. Many married women as well as some men are infected with STD's like HIV and AIDS because they don't even think about practicing safe sex or testing because the APE tells them that because there in a married relationship there is no need to test. Also this type of sex ed doesn't talk about homosexuality so gays aren't learning all the facts that they need to learn.

Lastly since the programs are abstinence based things like contraception are contradictory. So they will tell you to use condoms and describe how to put a condom on but since they are more focused on abstinence they leave out subjects like where to get condoms and birth control, how to get them if you are low income, what are the side effects, etc'

The parents

As well as school, parents need to step up to the plate and start talking realistically to their kids. The schools aren't doing the best job so you might as well do yours. By telling a kid that they should not under any circumstances have sex won't help them any. Now I’m not saying you have to talk about every intimate details but just talk to kids about if their being safe. Parents need to talk to their kids about the importance of safe sex by using condoms and birth control. They should buy their kids condoms and birth control, it might be scary thinking that your kid is having sex but would you rather them be safe? When I say talk to your kids I don't mean from across to chairs, in serious voice, while polishing your shotgun, I’m saying do it in a friendly environment like when your watching television together or at the dinner table. Don't talk to them about sex like if it were a drug or alcohol. It's something that you know they will do, so make sure they know how to do it safe.

In closing I would like to say that, we need to think about sex in a much more understanding reasonable way, in school sex education programs should cut out abstinence and replace it with contraception, focus on teaching the kids about ways to protect themselves instead of ways to sustain themselves. Make an environment where it is OK to ask question about sex, explain to them that sex is fun and exciting but can be dangerous if you’re not smart.

tl;dr sex is not evil, teach safety instead of abstinence

I watched a movie called "Let’s talk about sex" and I’m pretty much just outlining the movie, but I agree with the movie and the message so I think it should be spread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree x 170Informative x 6Late x 3Winner x 2Friendly x 2Funny x 2Disagree x 2Dumb x 1Useful x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member

August 2006
    1,003 Posts
    nevermind.....jesus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 90Disagree Disagree x 8Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 6 (list)

3. Post #3
    Puddin'
    November 2008
    10,409 Posts
    Vaginas make me giggle
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny x 175Optimistic x 7Agree x 7Zing x 2Artistic x 2Informative x 2Winner x 2Useful x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,606 Posts
    I asked my sex ed teacher "Do vaginas have teeth?" in 6th grade.

She said yes and if we have sex we'll lose our penis.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 337Winner x 6Agree x 3Dumb x 2Zing x 2Late x 1Informative x 1Disagree x 1Useful x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    It might help to stop teaching girls that they're a whore if they ever have sex and to stop teaching boys that they're a loser if they don't have sex.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 251Winner Winner x 10Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,707 Posts
    It might help to stop teaching girls that they're a whore if they ever have sex and to stop teaching boys that they're a loser if they don't have sex.
    Bros and hos, man. Bros and hos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 55Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,645 Posts
    it's fucked up isn't it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 102Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    Dennab
    June 2010
    7,068 Posts
    I fucking hate that double standard, not because of the second half, but i legitimately feel bad for girls that just plain like having sex (because who doesn't) and get called a whore or slut for it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 138Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    I fucking hate that double standard, not because of the second half, but i legitimately feel bad for girls that just plain like having sex (because who doesn't) and get called a whore or slut for it!
    Except the ones that fuck every guy in a school really are sluts. Find someone you like and stick with them instead of dropping your pants and spreading your legs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 95Dumb Dumb x 15Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    February 2010
    412 Posts
    Except the ones that fuck every guy in a school really are sluts. Find someone you like and stick with them instead of dropping your pants and spreading your legs.
    I'm pretty sure most girls who are called sluts are those girls who are huge teases and flirt with everybody, unless your her pussy you really don't know who she sleeps with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 46Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    I'm pretty sure most girls who are called sluts are those girls who are huge teases and flirt with everybody, unless your her pussy you really don't know who she sleeps with.
    Unless you go to a party and witness it. Most arent sluts, yes but there are the ones that deserve that title.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 23Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,842 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Informative Informative x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    4,980 Posts
    Unless you go to a party and witness it. Most arent sluts, yes but there are the ones that deserve that title.
    Why do they deserve the title more than the guys who fuck them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 68Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    Then what about the guys who have sex with every girl :colbert:

Unless you classify them the same way you are still going by the double standard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 24Dumb Dumb x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    Why do they deserve the title more than the guys who fuck them?
    A guy who fucks every girl is just as much of a slut.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 99Funny Funny x 12Optimistic Optimistic x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Dennab
    June 2010
    7,068 Posts
    Liking sex doesn't make you a slut, maybe the girls you call "sluts" don't care much for love relationships at that point in their life and are just interested in having sex. Nothing wrong with that eh?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    Then what about the guys who have sex with every girl :colbert:

Unless you classify them the same way you are still going by the double standard.
    I never said guys didnt do it.

Edited:

Liking sex doesn't make you a slut, maybe the girls you call "sluts" don't care much for love relationships at that point in their life and are just interested in having sex. Nothing wrong with that eh?
    Having sex with everyone = slut

Liking sex =/= slut
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 32Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

18. Post #18
    June 2011
    6 Posts
    how do i sex
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 98Agree x 12Winner x 5Informative x 1Dumb x 1Friendly x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    1,303 Posts
    Abstinence is the most dumbass policy around. "Ignore your instinct and everything your programmed to do, and instead tell your brain to fuck itself." Kids are going to have sex. How about we teach the boys to put a sock on their cock and wrap their tool? Teach the girls to not sleep with a guy unless his sausage is in a pillowcase? Get girls on the pill so they don't fuck up not only their lives, but the life of their unborn child, and quite possibly many others indirectly. (Fact: crime rates spike when abortion becomes illegal and 1/3 of the population growth in the world is the result of incidental or unwanted pregnancies which leads to over-population very quickly.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 47Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    no

having sex with everyone = bad position towards healthy relationships

there you go, now you aren't relying on something that is gender-biased
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Winner x 35Agree x 2Disagree x 2Dumb x 1Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Dennab
    June 2010
    7,068 Posts

Edited:

Liking sex =/= slut
    Not liking love relationships and just wanting sex =/= slut
    and not all girls have that rationale either, some just plain suck at relationships and give themselves to guys to feel loved and happy
    does that make them sluts?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    no

having sex with everyone = bad position towards healthy relationships

there you go, now you aren't relying on something that is gender-biased
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    April 2009
    1,928 Posts
    UK sex ed seems a lot better than this. We're never preached abstinence and it's basically completely focused on different types of contraception. Yes they do the whole scare tactics with STDs and stuff, but the main focus is safe sex.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree x 38Informative x 4Winner x 2Friendly x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,350 Posts
    i saw some fanny
    now that's a good start for a thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 39Funny Funny x 25Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    February 2010
    412 Posts
    The whole thing about sluts and shit kind of annoys me. My opinion is such that I think if your having sex safe then why not fuck a lot of people, what is wrong with it and how is it any of your business. People always are criticizing and ridiculing girls for having too much sex and guys for being shallow.

If your clear with the person that your just looking to hook or your not looking for serious relationship then whore cares, SEX IS FUN!

Now you deserve the tittle of asshole or whore if you are leading the other person on with the sole intention of having sex.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 28Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    When the teacher asked the class where teens get most of their sex education, I raised my hand and said the internet. The little circle surrounding me started cracking up, she had no idea why.
    The reason is I've been together with my girlfriend for 17 years, my left hand.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 63Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,530 Posts
    If a key opens a bunch of locks, it's a master key
    If a lock is opened by a bunch of different keys, it's just a shitty lock
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny x 126Winner x 10Dumb x 7Agree x 7Zing x 3Artistic x 2Useful x 1Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    January 2010
    8,641 Posts
    As sexist as it is, I love that joke.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 109Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Dennab
    June 2010
    7,068 Posts
    I dunno why but I feel like it'd be better like...

If a lock is opened by a bunch of different keys, it's a slut
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 22Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,530 Posts
    I dunno why but I feel like it'd be better like...

If a lock is opened by a bunch of different keys, it's a slut
    Well yeah, but to stick with the ~lock analogy~ you can't really have a slutty lock as it's an inanimate object and all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree x 13Dumb x 2Funny x 2Disagree x 1Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Dennab
    June 2010
    7,068 Posts
    Well yeah, but to stick with the ~lock analogy~ you can't really have a slutty lock as it's an inanimate object and all
    that's why i think it's funny!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

32. Post #32
    Quality Poster
    August 2010
    9,181 Posts
    In our school we only had 1 hour of sex ed. ONE hour. And all we got told was to use a condom. Really underinformed.
    But our sex ed teacher was hot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Funny Funny x 47Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,350 Posts
    fuck that, then i'm gonna use shitty locks
    what's really shitty is an unused lock.

no thanks on the lock analogy captain master key
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,758 Posts
    the reason women who get around are sluts and men who get around are not sluts is because women can pretty much have sex with any dude they want, easily (unless they're fat/gross). so it's like a fat kid eating too much cake

whereas for dudes it's pretty hard for a dude to get some

so it's like hunting for food, the more the better because it's hard to do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 16Agree Agree x 9Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,350 Posts
    the reason women who get around are sluts and men who get around are not sluts is because women can pretty much have sex with any dude they want, easily (unless they're fat/gross). so it's like a fat kid eating too much cake

yeah sure if you take your cues on society from judd apatow films
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 3 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,609 Posts
    In my eyes there's nothing wrong with either gender sleeping around as long as they 1) are honest and clear with the people they hook up with so to not lead them into thinking it means more and 2) use protection to prevent diseases and unwanted pregnancies.

While in general it may be easier for women than for men, that doesn't mean the men who are getting sex with tons of women are any better than women who sleep. If someone likes sex and makes it clear it's just a hook up to those they sleep with then it's not really anyone else's business.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

37. Post #37
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,707 Posts
    UK sex ed seems a lot better than this. We're never preached abstinence and it's basically completely focused on different types of contraception. Yes they do the whole scare tactics with STDs and stuff, but the main focus is safe sex.
    my teacher showed us a video full of STDs

one picture appeared to be a lifesize head of cauliflower
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 44Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    January 2009
    1,605 Posts
    I recall reading somewhere about a group of girls in a religious school who were waiting for the Sex Ed talk. When it came, the teachers shooed off every male staff member and all in all created a very tense environment, locked the doors and began the talk.

"Now, you might meet a boy and he might offer you a lift, but whatever you do, if you should have to sit on his lap, ensure you use a pillow"

With that, the teachers unlocked the door and it was the end of the Sex Ed class. This was a long time ago and I recall reading in a Writer's biography
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Singapore Show Events Funny Funny x 38Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Quality Poster
    August 2010
    9,181 Posts

Actually this is really wrong. Unless you're socially inept basement nerd, getting pussy is rather easy. It's all about smooth talk and some hygiene.
    And getting the hot ones is almost always even easier because they're usually sluts.
    So what's your problem?
    And a bit of gym to get dem abs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 30Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    April 2011
    573 Posts
    Watching hilariously bad 80's video tapes is the most important part of sex education.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Funny Funny x 50Agree Agree x 19 (list)