4,352 Posts
    Wow this looks fun. Then I checked when the thread was made. :smithicide:
    Server still goes up.

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,437 Posts
    But do people still play?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #164
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,352 Posts
    Yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #165
    Yeah, people do play, although, right now I'm playing lots of minecraft. I can still start it up sometime.

6. Post #166
    I've turned the server on. So, if anyone wants to play - you can join. Oh, and, I really need playtesters, because the gamemode's nearing completion, so, please, join.

7. Post #167
    June 2010
    337 Posts
    Playtesters, you say? I AM IN!

8. Post #168
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,716 Posts
    More DM, just what we need.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #169
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,731 Posts
    Nearing completion dear god.

10. Post #170
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,018 Posts
    I'd playtest more, but I still have invisible models and the server is up while I'm asleep... I did have loads of fun though, and can bring two extras with me usually.

11. Post #171
    More DM, just what we need.
    If you're thinking "THIS IS MODERN WARFARE 2!!!" Then you're wrong. There's lots of teamwork everywhere, and you won't get far if you don't stick to teammates/help them out/co-operate.

Also, I've uploaded another video:

Edited:

Nearing completion dear god.
    Stop using hacks. >:(

12. Post #172
    QuickSnap'z Boy-Toy
    August 2011
    1,067 Posts
    So do you plan to publicly release this in the future? This seems fun. Also would you start the server? I would like to play a little.

13. Post #173
    So do you plan to publicly release this in the future? This seems fun. Also would you start the server? I would like to play a little.
    Yeah, I will release it.

14. Post #174
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,731 Posts
    Stop using hacks. >:(
    Prove I have and am?

15. Post #175
    October 2009
    5,761 Posts
    rule of the day:If ife NERV has a shotgun... RUN

16. Post #176
    rule of the day:If ife NERV has a shotgun... RUN

Seriously, though. You should stop running into me when I'm wielding a shotgun.

17. Post #177
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    3,995 Posts

Seriously, though. You should stop running into me when I'm wielding a shotgun.
    Stop killing Bob

Edited:

You should have recorded what went on yesterday with Bob on cs_assault

18. Post #178
    I've implemented the melee system and the bullet penetration system from my SWEPs into this gamemode, hooray.

Also, turns out that there's still quite an amount of optimization needed to be done (localizing functions instead of calling them all over again), so, I'm not releasing it anytime soon, but it's definitely going to get released during Autumn.

19. Post #179
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,261 Posts
    I've implemented the melee system and the bullet penetration system from my SWEPs into this gamemode, hooray.

Also, turns out that there's still quite an amount of optimization needed to be done (localizing functions instead of calling them all over again), so, I'm not releasing it anytime soon, but it's definitely going to get released during Autumn.
    How does the bullet penetration system work? If it uses traces, starting from the hitpos but inside whatever it hit and tracing outwards, does it work on cylinders? (try the cs_assault street lights), because mine always gets stuck there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #180
    How does the bullet penetration system work? If it uses traces, starting from the hitpos but inside whatever it hit and tracing outwards, does it work on cylinders? (try the cs_assault street lights), because mine always gets stuck there.
    Yeah, it uses traces, but I made it penetrate only really thin surfaces. But yeah, I can give it a try.

Edit: Yeah, it gets stuck in cylinders, I'm going to improve penetration logic and hopefully it'll get fixed.

21. Post #181
    The gamemode's pretty much finished, I'm just too damn lazy to release it. I still need to play-test it a bit more, though. Other than that, every bug I'm aware of is fixed and the gamemode's ready for release.

22. Post #182

June 2011
    422 Posts
    WILLING TO TEST PLAY TESTING

we need more gamemodes out there.. im geting bored of TTT and RP and sandbox
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #183
    WILLING TO TEST PLAY TESTING

we need more gamemodes out there.. im geting bored of TTT and RP and sandbox
    I'll release it soon, I promise. Maximum is 1 month, probably.

24. Post #184
    Wow, what. The gamemode is finished. Now all I need to do is get myself to pack the content and upload it somewhere.

25. Post #185
    March 2011
    1,422 Posts
    best friend

26. Post #186
    best friend
    Creepy stalker. D:

27. Post #187
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,352 Posts
    Oh my god I'm so excited! I'll be hosting this hardcore! :) can't wait to play!

I'm also willing to play test if any more is required. :)

28. Post #188
    Oh, I forgot to say that I implemented the melee system from my Customizable Weaponry into this. You bind a key to cstm_melee and you can melee people/stuff with your weapon.

Also, woo, the gamemode's finally finished (really this time).

Also 2, the OP is incredibly old, and I can't get myself to update it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #189
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,352 Posts
    Oh, I forgot to say that I implemented the melee system from my Customizable Weaponry into this. You bind a key to cstm_melee and you can melee people/stuff with your weapon.

Also, woo, the gamemode's finally finished (really this time).

Also 2, the OP is incredibly old, and I can't get myself to update it.
    I can't wait! Looking forward to this so much! :) I'll most likely host a few servers running this.

30. Post #190
    I can't wait! Looking forward to this so much! :) I'll most likely host a few servers running this.
    Are you saying that you own some kind of a server hosting company/community? :o

31. Post #191
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,352 Posts
    Are you saying that you own some kind of a server hosting company/community? :o
    I used to run a company, now just a community. (But it's not quite off the ground yet.) I currently work as support for a company and get credit, that'll be how I'm paying for it.

Edited:

(And I have a VPS to host one too.)

32. Post #192
    I used to run a company, now just a community. (But it's not quite off the ground yet.) I currently work as support for a company and get credit, that'll be how I'm paying for it.

Edited:

(And I have a VPS to host one too.)
    Aw, heck. You could've offered to host the gamemode earlier, because it would be useful to have a 24/7 beta test server. :(

33. Post #193
    Dennab
    May 2011
    78 Posts
    LUA sux, haha programming is fail,
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #194
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,731 Posts
    Aw, heck. You could've offered to host the gamemode earlier, because it would be useful to have a 24/7 beta test server. :(
    If you want a beta server contact me. I'm sure newbee will vouch for me.

35. Post #195
    If you want a beta server contact me. I'm sure newbee will vouch for me.
    Actually, release tomorrow, so, there's no need for a beta server at this time.

Also, 666kb of code.

Oh god, does that mean something?

36. Post #196
    Conna is finally become inter-national dick. Conna 애미뒤진 씹새끼^^
    December 2008
    1,749 Posts
    [QUOTE=LEETNOOB;32408268]Actually, release tomorrow, so, there's no need for a beta server at this time.

Also, 666kb of code.

Oh god, does that mean something?[/QUOTE

Your gamemode will release as soon by satan
    Maybe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Korea, Republic of Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #197
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,352 Posts
    I thought about it, but most dev's are anal about sharing their gamemodes so I thought you'd be against it, never bothered to ask, my bad man. Still, I'll be hosting at least 2 servers with this gamemode when it's released, I'm so pumped.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #198
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,731 Posts
    I thought about it, but most dev's are anal about sharing their gamemodes so I thought you'd be against it, never bothered to ask, my bad man. Still, I'll be hosting at least 2 servers with this gamemode when it's released, I'm so pumped.
    Well if you trusted and they want a beta server they reall aren't. I hosted SpringMoss way back when.

39. Post #199
    There we go, released.

Get the gamemode files here:

And the content here:

http://filesmelt.com/dl/content_GS.zip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

40. Post #200
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    1,146 Posts
    holy FUCK ITS OUT

Edited:

i don't know why im up at this hour but damn this is great
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)