1. Post #361

May 2010
    24 Posts
    Wow, looks great. Thinking of putting it on one of my servers.

2. Post #362
    October 2011
    4 Posts
    Make your friends download the content on their own. Stop relying on FastDL, as the unpacked content is about 500MB.
    Thing is, People are extremely discouraged when they come in a server and see ERROR ERROR ERROR. Even if the DL count says like 1900 downloads, it's better than coming into a server and not being able to see anything but text, making everything else Purple and black/ giant error signs of which can also give away other people's positions.

3. Post #363

September 2010
    14 Posts
    There are 14.

Edited:

Wow, when you're low on health and the only thing indicating your low health is the heartbeat sound, you whine that you can't hear it. When I add in an on-screen indication that you're low on health, you whine that it's too flashy! Stop fucking whining already.
    No trust me I never wanted a heartbeat sound I can read a number like in all of valve's games. Yea this update sucks any health indicator is obnoxious.

4. Post #364
    The next thing that's going to be in 1.09 is going to be that CTF-styled gametype I was talking about earlier. I'll post a video explaining it later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Winner Winner x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #365
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,364 Posts
    The next thing that's going to be in 1.09 is going to be that CTF-styled gametype I was talking about earlier. I'll post a video explaining it later.
    Yes! This is what I've been waiting for! Also my server is down.. Hosting got shut down, it'll be back up very soon.

6. Post #366
    Yes! This is what I've been waiting for! Also my server is down.. Hosting got shut down, it'll be back up very soon.

7. Post #367
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,364 Posts
    I shall be on!

64 players... Really?

8. Post #368
    64 players = massacre. Might want to reduce it to about 16-24.

9. Post #369
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,364 Posts
    Agreed.

SERVER IS BACK UP, ALL LEVELS AND HATS ARE SAVED.
    174.34.166.53:27015

10. Post #370
    I've been working on that CTF gametype, now that GMod's fixed. Here's some progress.

11. Post #371
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,364 Posts
    I can't fucking wait! :D This is going to make green shift SO popular!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #372
    Maybe it would be great to be able to make a mapcycle. Idk if it's actually possible. If it is, could you explain how :P

13. Post #373
    Maybe it would be great to be able to make a mapcycle. Idk if it's actually possible. If it is, could you explain how :P
    You create it the way you create it for any other source engine mod/game.

Edit: I've been playtesting the CTF gametype with a few people, and it's pretty much done. All lines are recorded, and the bugs that I've noticed are fixed. Just needs a bit more playtesting and it'll be ready.

14. Post #374
    October 2011
    4 Posts
    You create it the way you create it for any other source engine mod/game.

Edit: I've been playtesting the CTF gametype with a few people, and it's pretty much done. All lines are recorded, and the bugs that I've noticed are fixed. Just needs a bit more playtesting and it'll be ready.
    This is freaking awesome.

I can't wait for the new gamemode. Maybe just an idea for the future, but a Zombies Gamemode would be pretty cool, you would get XP for surviving a round, or killing zombies, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #375
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,364 Posts

I can't wait for the new gamemode. Maybe just an idea for the future, but a Zombies Gamemode would be pretty cool, you would get XP for surviving a round, or killing zombies, etc.
    As a server event this would be sweet.

16. Post #376

Surviving zombies would be a piece of cake (as in not hard to survive through at all). The default zombine NPCs are easy.

17. Post #377
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,364 Posts
    Surviving zombies would be a piece of cake (as in not hard to survive through at all). The default zombine NPCs are easy.
    Parkour zombies.

18. Post #378
    Parkour zombies.
    Not gonna code SNPCs, sorry.

19. Post #379
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,364 Posts
    Not gonna code SNPCs, sorry.
    Aw, so close..

Now release ctf!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #380
    July 2009
    568 Posts
    Hey leetnoob what would be a perfect number of players for a server? Also for maps, should it be css maps?

21. Post #381
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,364 Posts
    Hey leetnoob what would be a perfect number of players for a server? Also for maps, should it be css maps?

22. Post #382
    What sam6420 said.

23. Post #383
    I SVN'd the whole thing to track changes and stuff.
    In case anyone wants to use it:
    https://svn.ideal-hosting.biz/svn/greenshift/
    User and Password: anonsvn

Great gamemode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #384
    June 2007
    268 Posts
    The attachments don't show on any weapons and some materials are missing. I put the content into my addons, how do I fix it?

25. Post #385
    The attachments don't show on any weapons and some materials are missing. I put the content into my addons, how do I fix it?
    Are you on a Mac. Oh wait, yes, you are. The problem is that attachments don't work on Macs. If you get missing materials, it means that you didn't install the content correctly. Read the readme.

26. Post #386
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    Are you on a Mac. Oh wait, yes, you are. The problem is that attachments don't work on Macs. If you get missing materials, it means that you didn't install the content correctly. Read the readme.
    Sounds like an interesting bug. Do you know why?

27. Post #387
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,364 Posts
    Because they're macs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #388
    Sounds like an interesting bug. Do you know why?
    Kogitsune thought it might have been because Macs only work if path to files is with all the upper case and lower case letters (unlike in Windows). When I re-named stuff, it still didn't work.

29. Post #389
    June 2007
    268 Posts
    So I should start fishing about in my content folder to find any folders that aren't correctly capitalized?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

30. Post #390
    So I should start fishing about in my content folder to find any folders that aren't correctly capitalized?
    No. You should get a PC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #391
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,364 Posts
    No. You should get a PC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #392
    ASK ME ABOUT MY SAM 6420 FETISH
    July 2011
    691 Posts
    lol'd

Why are you offline on steam

33. Post #393
    I think I'm slacking on 1.09 a lot. I'm going to finish it tomorrow, I promise, because the only thing I need to do is add about 3 lines of code, and, that's it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #394
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,364 Posts
    lol'd

Why are you offline on steam
    This little thing called school.

I think I'm slacking on 1.09 a lot. I'm going to finish it tomorrow, I promise, because the only thing I need to do is add about 3 lines of code, and, that's it.
    Yeah! :D CTF!

35. Post #395
    Here it is.

1.09:
    + Added in a new gametype - Capture the Core:
    * It's a CTF-styled gametype, but with a small twist
    * Every objective captured, will drain one objective point from the enemy team, which makes the players heavily rely on team work in order to win
    * At the moment, de_train, de_chateau and de_aztec support this gametype

/\ Fixed view moving too sharp when sprinting
    /\ Fixed view bob when reloading/drawing/etc. not working
    /\ Fixed Skorpion giving 8 mags in reserve when spawning, instead of 6
    /\ Small clientside optimizations
    /\ Updated the readme for server owners, read it please

* Server owners, be sure to copy-paste the content to your garrysmod server's folder. Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

36. Post #396
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,364 Posts
    YES! I hope I can get this up tonight!

37. Post #397
    https://svn.ideal-hosting.biz/svn/greenshift/
    User and Password: anonsvn

Updated! :)
    Nice changes by the way.

38. Post #398
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,364 Posts
    I've got my server running 1.0.9, does anybody else think this game mode is not getting enough players considering how good it is?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #399

April 2011
    14 Posts
    Got a server running 1.0.9.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #400
    Yeah, I wish people would actually try it out before blindly judging it.