1. Post #481

November 2011
    22 Posts
    they aren't going to spend 15 minutes hunting down and downloading + extracting the content pack, they are going to leave and find a new server. it's that simple
    it took me like 2minutes to download and extract the contents... and i bet they just wanna extract the contents once instead dl files every time they rejoin

2. Post #482
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,846 Posts
    it took me like 2minutes to download and extract the contents... and i bet they just wanna extract the contents once instead dl files every time they rejoin
    Except that you download files once, and people don't join a server, see tons of missing content, and search the web for the content. Even if it's in a MOTD that requires them to copy the link, close Garry's Mod, open it in a browser, download it, extract it correctly, restart Garry's Mod, find the server, and re-join it. Nobody is going to do that, if you get a TTT server with 15 people in it and the map changes to something they don't have, you're going to lose 1-3 players even though it's a 3MB map on FastDL.

tldr;

No one wants to install a content pack for a gamemode they randomly found. The PERP content is even larger and it's run on one of the most popular Garry's Mod servers (when it's actually up - Exiled Servers)

>

141 MB

3. Post #483
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,846 Posts
    Also, missing content

Code:
    Failed to load sound "climbswep\rolls\roll_1.mp3", file probably missing from disk/repository
    Edited:

And an error

Code:
    [gamemodes/TA/gamemode/init.lua:1231] attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'Lives' (a nil value)(Hook: PlayerDeath)
    Edited:

Server (click to connect):

All content is on FastDL :D

Also, LEET, here's a link to ALL content WITHOUT caps in their name. I converted it on that OS where "you get what you pay for"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #484
    Also, missing content

Code:
    Failed to load sound "climbswep\rolls\roll_1.mp3", file probably missing from disk/repository
    Edited:

And an error

Code:
    [gamemodes/TA/gamemode/init.lua:1231] attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'Lives' (a nil value)(Hook: PlayerDeath)
    Edited:

Server (click to connect):

All content is on FastDL :D

Also, LEET, here's a link to ALL content WITHOUT caps in their name. I converted it on that OS where "you get what you pay for"
    Error! Will fix!

Missing sound - yeah, I forgot to add it to the content.

FUCK

Edit: Error fixed, missing file added to "content to be put in the server's folder". Will release the update once I find more stuff to fix.

Edit 2: I've added in a system that will look for the required content, and if it doesn't find it, then it will automatically copy a link to the player's clipboard and display an on-screen message about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #485
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,846 Posts
    Oh, also, every player seems to be selected as a VIP for some reason, and I have no idea why. Or at least, they have VIP infront of their name.

Was the intention that every single gamemode has a limited number of lives btw?

6. Post #486
    Oh, also, every player seems to be selected as a VIP for some reason, and I have no idea why. Or at least, they have VIP infront of their name.

Was the intention that every single gamemode has a limited number of lives btw?
    Are you sure you're using version 1.10? Because I don't get any of those bugs.

7. Post #487
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,846 Posts
    Yep, downloaded the same one from the GMod.org link 3 times

8. Post #488
    Yep, downloaded the same one from the GMod.org link 3 times
    This shit's weird, because it never happened to me.

9. Post #489
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,846 Posts
    This shit's weird, because it never happened to me.
    If you want to hop on sometime later today I can try to get some others in too, and can you can see what I'm talking about

10. Post #490
    July 2010
    144 Posts
    So if we want to make a server out of this, We're free to modify the gamemode to our heart's content? provided credit is given?

Because if so. I would likely change rebels and combine to two other factions. And wipe the stash of weapons and put in new ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #491
    Supreme Overlord
    October 2011
    38 Posts
    I have a question, how come the portal cores dont show up, also explosives dont work like C4, Grenades.
    Can someone help me on how to fix?

12. Post #492
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,846 Posts
    Grenades work, I've never gotten to test C4 though. I know it places fine, but I die before I can make it explode :'(. As for the portal cores, I noticed that too, it says it's a portal core gamemode and doesn't spawn any portal cores

13. Post #493
    Supreme Overlord
    October 2011
    38 Posts
    Yeah incenderiary grenades come up as a lua error

14. Post #494
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,846 Posts
    What's the error?

15. Post #495
    Supreme Overlord
    October 2011
    38 Posts
    Timer Error: [@gamemodes/ta/entities/weapons/ta_incendiary_grenade/shared.lua:93] Tried to use a NULL entity!

16. Post #496
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,846 Posts
    I don't have time to look at the gamemode files now, but does the server have CSS content?

17. Post #497
    Supreme Overlord
    October 2011
    38 Posts
    Yes

18. Post #498
    I'll take a look at the error. As for the Portal Cores gametype - wat. It works fine for me.

Edited:

I have a question, how come the portal cores dont show up, also explosives dont work like C4, Grenades.
    Can someone help me on how to fix?
    Hey guess what, you didn't install the gamemode correctly. You put the folder called "TA" into your GAMEMODES folder. You don't remove anything from the folder "TA", except for the folder called "content to be put in the server's folder".

19. Post #499
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,368 Posts
    Getting my servers back, green shift shall be hosted!

20. Post #500
    Supreme Overlord
    October 2011
    38 Posts
    I reinstalled it, nothing happened.

EDIT: Could it be an admin mod im using?

21. Post #501
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,846 Posts
    I'll take a look at the error. As for the Portal Cores gametype - wat. It works fine for me.
    I've noticed on tons of maps that everyone is considered the VIP (shows next to name + if you switch teams it says You're the VIP! Cannot switch teams but lets you do it anyway), and even though it says "Capture the Portal Core" the portal cores are never spawned. I'll try to get some map names later today.

22. Post #502
    I've noticed on tons of maps that everyone is considered the VIP (shows next to name + if you switch teams it says You're the VIP! Cannot switch teams but lets you do it anyway), and even though it says "Capture the Portal Core" the portal cores are never spawned. I'll try to get some map names later today.
    Well that's weird, because what the gamemode does is look at the map's name and if it matches an entry in a table, then it sets the gametype to that map's gametype. If it doesn't find any matches, it doesn't set anything, which means that the gametype is Team Deathmatch, and there is NO way it can bug like that.

The "Capture the Portal Core". You do know that you need to get close to an enemy core storage, which will make you grab a core and then you run back to your team's core storage to score, right? Once again, there is no possible way it would get bugged like that.

A map which is entitled to a gametype will stay that way. If a map does not match any entry, it will be set to Team Deathmatch.

23. Post #503
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,846 Posts
    There was more than 1 CSS map where it said to "Capture the Portal Core" and there was nothing to capture

24. Post #504
    There was more than 1 CSS map where it said to "Capture the Portal Core" and there was nothing to capture
    Ah, you mean that one. Yeah, I am aware of that. I know why it happens, let me quickly fix it.

The gametype is actually still Team Deathmatch, but it thinks it's CTPC (clientside).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #505
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,846 Posts
    Has the ply.Lives being nil issue been fixed too? :D

26. Post #506
    Supreme Overlord
    October 2011
    38 Posts
    IS there anyway I can get just the portal cores fixed, none spawn on any of the CSS maps..

27. Post #507
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,846 Posts
    IS there anyway I can get just the portal cores fixed, none spawn on any of the CSS maps..
    -snip-

28. Post #508
    Has the ply.Lives being nil issue been fixed too? :D
    Yup.

Edited:

Dude. It's actually just Team Deathmatch, not Capture the Core.

29. Post #509
    Here's the update:

1.11:
    + Added an automatic missing content notification system. It will also automatically copy a link to the content if a player does not have it.
    + Added a missing sound (don't forget to copy-paste the contents of the folder "content to be put in the server's folder" into your server's folder!)
    + Weapons' accuracy is now affected by turning
    /\ Fixed a small error regarding the VIP and lives
    /\ Fixed AHD not giving 25 EXP every 20 health points healed
    /\ Changed the way objective texts work, which fixes several bugs
    /\ Slightly balanced hip-fire spread on several assault rifles
    /\ Slightly increased aimed accuracy on the M14 EBR
    /\ Slightly changed how the data download/upload indicator looks like in the Communications Sabotage gametype
    /\ Slightly changed how the remaining ammo cache/food crate indicator looks like in the Supply Depot gametype
    /\ The "Butcher" Unlockable now does 75% (was 50%) damage to players and increases swing speed by 0.15 sec (was 0.1 sec)
    /\ Changed the viewbob on Recon's knife
    /\ More optimizations
    /\ Improved G3A3's run pos
    /\ Improved FN FAL's run pos

Didn't expect it to be to be this big, really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

30. Post #510
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,368 Posts
    Uh.. I'm just going to say it, kill streaks.

Edited:

Also, new update looks good, surprised the list is so big

31. Post #511
    Uh.. I'm just going to say it, kill streaks.
    No.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

32. Post #512
    I think I'm going to add explosive rounds for shotguns (aka Battlefield 3) as soon as GMod gets fixed. What say you, forum people?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 5Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

33. Post #513

September 2010
    14 Posts
    I think I'm going to add explosive rounds for shotguns (aka Battlefield 3) as soon as GMod gets fixed. What say you, forum people?
    Won't it be an instant kill, and in turn op?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #514
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,368 Posts
    Leetnoob is the god of making things fair.

35. Post #515
    Not quite. The damage calculation would be (Damage per pellet x pellet amount) - Damage per pellet (not sure). The advantage would be that you can hurt numerous players with one shot, but you can kill yourself if you're shooting close to yourself.

36. Post #516
    July 2010
    144 Posts
    I think killstreaks might work fine if they don't go crazy like in COD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #517
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,846 Posts
    I think killstreaks might work fine if they don't go crazy like in COD.
    I think he was going for a hint of realism and I don't think that when you shoot a terrorist you get to call in a kill streak over in Afghanistan
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #518
    January 2011
    111 Posts
    I think he was going for a hint of realism and I don't think that when you shoot a terrorist you get to call in a kill streak over in Afghanistan
    You obviously haven't fought in Afghanistan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #519
    July 2010
    144 Posts
    One question, Would it be possible to personally code a shop in the game where you buy models to use using EXP gained from playing?

40. Post #520
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    I think you should recognise kill streaks in some way though. Maybe flames coming out of the player's gun, or a big head, or trails left in the air, or just one of those quake style announcements.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)