1. Post #81
    Yo, I seem to have a problem when trying to join your server. Every time the loading goes to "Retrieving Server Info" or downloading some sort of cache, my game will freeze up. My mouse moves but clicking does nothing and Steam Community won't come up/unresponsive.

I've downloaded the Customizable Weapons and the Extra versions, 1.16 and 1.03/1.04. Do I need certain Source engine games to be fully installed to run your mod properly? I was able to try out the new weapons in singleplayer just fine...
    That's most probably because yesterday the server kept on crashing or I kept changing maps.

2. Post #82
    November 2010
    15 Posts
    Can you put the server on i want to try it :)

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,016 Posts
    Maybe he doesn't leave the server up because he has better uses of money than to leave his computer on all day, or it kills his connection. Given that it frequently crashes now, leaving the server up would be silly. Chill out, join the Steam group, and wait for the announcement.

4. Post #84
    Maybe he doesn't leave the server up because he has better uses of money than to leave his computer on all day, or it kills his connection. Given that it frequently crashes now, leaving the server up would be silly. Chill out, join the Steam group, and wait for the announcement.
    I host the server on my PC, it doesn't kill my bandwith (I have a very good internet connection), but I'm not hosting it because it keeps on crashing for no apparent reason. I don't think that it's possible to create more than 4000 entities (from 500 to > 4000) in a second. That, and the fact that I don't create any server-side entities at all in the gamemode code.

By the way, guys, I have a question. Should I code a unique weapon for every class? Right now the Recon is the only class that has a unique weapon, which is a knife. I'm thinking of giving the Engineer a remote-detonated charge (C4 model), Assault an incendiary grenade (flashbang model) and something for the medic.

I'm unsure what unique weapon to code for the Medic, can you guys give me any ideas?

Edit: Here's another video I uploaded yesterday, but forgot to post a link here.

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,592 Posts
    Here's another video I uploaded yesterday, but forgot to upload.
    wat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

6. Post #86

7. Post #87
    November 2010
    15 Posts
    Yeah the unique weapons would be cool and the ideas you have now is awesome! I was wondering maybe you could make people revive able and give the medic Defibrillators. Or they could get like a UAV like they show enemy positions on radar for 30 seconds or how ever long. Im just spit balling ideas maybe you could work with these.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    September 2010
    3,206 Posts
    I also thought about defibs first, since "Bad Company 2", but they would ruin the balance.

I suggest adding in flamethrower for Medic.

9. Post #89
    I also thought about defibs first, since "Bad Company 2", but they would ruin the balance.

I suggest adding in flamethrower for Medic.
    Uh. No. I already know what I'm going to add in. The Medic will get an "automatic health dispenser". What it's going to do, is you take it out, hold down your primary attack key, and you heal your teammates that are that's close to you (192 unit sphere). However, it heals 1 health point per 1 med point, unlike the medkit, which heals 1.25 health points per 1 med point (medkit = 25 health points). Holding down your secondary attack will make the heal two times as fast, but will drain twice as much med points. (1 health point = 2 med points per player)

Recon - Knife (backstab = instant kill, frontal assault = 15 damage points)
    Engineer - C4 Charge (can be switched between remote-detonated and motion-sensitive)
    Assault - Incendiary grenade (45 blast damage, 256 unit radius, ignites targets for 5 seconds)
    Medic - Automatic health dispenser (I need to think a better name for this)

Well, the server-crashing bug has finally been fixed (thanks to Gran PC for the dump site!). Turns out that it was a C stack overflow in DoPlayerDeath.

Also, what do you guys think of this? The C4 Charge can be remote-detonated even if it's set to motion-sensitive, but it makes a loud beeping sound every second if it is motion-sensitive.

10. Post #90
    Fight for justice, fight for Manning and Snowden.
    April 2010
    2,592 Posts
    This is a late reply, because I haven't been bothered being on the forums. But wow, this gamemode looks incredible. Even how friendly you are by releasing it is incredible too. Your a amazing person OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Faroe Islands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

11. Post #91
    I'm a dumb whiny baby that just won't shut the hell up. Also, I love big hairy cock.
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,960 Posts
    steal the cars from DIPRIP to make it like more like battlefield
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Romania Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

12. Post #92
    I've put the server up. Join, if you want to.

Also, I'm thinking of adding in a bloody screen of some kind. Well, not exactly a bloody screen, but a red overlay. However, red overlays aren't realistic, so, should I add in a low health indicator that is realistic (personal experience) or like in most games (red overlay)?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    October 2009
    5,753 Posts
    red overlay NOW"!

14. Post #94
    Fight for justice, fight for Manning and Snowden.
    April 2010
    2,592 Posts
    Could you post the IP (:

15. Post #95
    June 2011
    16 Posts
    [addons\customizable weaponry\lua\weapons\cstm_base_pistol\shared.lua:6 21] attempt to index field 'PrimarySound' (a nil value) I've been waiting a while to see if someone can help me with this i don't understand why their not work the scar or the m116 gun also the scopes for the scar doesn't seem to work right either i've removed and re-downloaded everything again and again and this is the same crap i get after re-trying 5 times

Edited:

[addons\customizable weaponry\lua\weapons\cstm_base_pistol\shared.lua:6 21] attempt to index field 'PrimarySound' (a nil value) I've been waiting a while to see if someone can help me with this i don't understand why their not work the scar or the m116 gun also the scopes for the scar doesn't seem to  work right either i've removed and re-downloaded everything again and again and this is the same crap i get after re-trying 5 times also it seems the HK-g36 or w/e is acting up too.

16. Post #96
    [addons\customizable weaponry\lua\weapons\cstm_base_pistol\shared.lua:6 21] attempt to index field 'PrimarySound' (a nil value) I've been waiting a while to see if someone can help me with this i don't understand why their not work the scar or the m116 gun also the scopes for the scar doesn't seem to work right either i've removed and re-downloaded everything again and again and this is the same crap i get after re-trying 5 times

Edited:

[addons\customizable weaponry\lua\weapons\cstm_base_pistol\shared.lua:6 21] attempt to index field 'PrimarySound' (a nil value) I've been waiting a while to see if someone can help me with this i don't understand why their not work the scar or the m116 gun also the scopes for the scar doesn't seem to* work right either i've removed and re-downloaded everything again and again and this is the same crap i get after re-trying 5 times also it seems the HK-g36 or w/e is acting up too.
    Uh. It works just fine for me.

17. Post #97
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    Can you start the server tonight? I wanna kill some rebel scum:3

18. Post #98
    The Sandiest of them All!
    October 2009
    169 Posts
    Put up the server! I feel like... wait no more bandwagon... I just want to test this out, since i like your weapons.

19. Post #99
    June 2011
    16 Posts
    Uh. It works just fine for me.
    alright Would you mind telling me the order of what to download 1st than?

20. Post #100
    Can you start the server tonight? I wanna kill some rebel scum:3
    I'm putting it up right now, babe-- wait. Fuck.

Edited:

alright Would you mind telling me the order of what to download 1st than?
    I have absolutely no idea what is causing it.

Edit: using another line trace I managed to fix all "getting stuck in X place" bugs, which pretty much means that the gamemode is near completion.

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    797 Posts
    God damnit, after I installed the customized weaponary addon after seeing the server was up and had 4 people on it, it went down.

22. Post #102
    God damnit, after I installed the customized weaponary addon after seeing the server was up and had 4 people on it, it went down.
    I'm putting it up, then.

23. Post #103
    Extraction Point
    July 2006
    8,210 Posts
    Someone's using my impact particles.
    <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

24. Post #104
    Someone's using my impact particles.
    <3
    They're really unoptimized and they block a lot of your view, so I turned them off after I recorded the videos. :v
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Funny Funny x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    High Admiral of the United FP Alliance
    December 2009
    3,684 Posts
    Can you turn the server on? I'd like to try this gamemode.

26. Post #106
    Can you turn the server on? I'd like to try this gamemode.
    It's on.

27. Post #107
    October 2009
    5,753 Posts
    Really i just tried to join and i couldent

28. Post #108
    Really i just tried to join and i couldent
    Too bad. Because we're having this 5v5 match for HOURS. Will upload another gameplay video tomorrow.

29. Post #109
    June 2011
    16 Posts
    I'm putting it up right now, babe-- wait. Fuck.

Edited:

sounds pretty neat,i kinda notice while i was adding in all the addons and other stuff it look like some of the older info.text/files was overwriting in place of the news ones and your newer codes not sure if that can help you or anything.

I have absolutely no idea what is causing it.

Edit: using another line trace I managed to fix all "getting stuck in X place" bugs, which pretty much means that the gamemode is near completion.

30. Post #110
    Currently optimizing the code. Turns out I was running 5 traces every server tick when the player was in air. I've greatly optimized it - now the traces are ran if the player is holding down his jump key, and if he is able to grab onto something, only then it's 5 traces (if he's not able to grab onto stuff, it's only 1 trace). I also added in SMGs to the Recon class, now Recon has access to both Light SMGs and SMGs.

31. Post #111
    November 2010
    15 Posts
    hey if your not busy tomorrow maybe we can round up a big 5v5 again that was fking epic i just couldnt make it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    Finally got the icons finished. Not changing them anymore unless I need to fix them up somehow.

Oh, and, here's that video I promised yesterday.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #113
    November 2010
    15 Posts
    Can you put the server back up alot of US people would like to play....

34. Post #114
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    15,950 Posts
    You know what'd be cool

Onslaught.

35. Post #115

June 2010
    501 Posts
    I'm actually thinking about giving up my tdm project, I cant compete with this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #116
    You know what'd be cool

Onslaught.
    What's Onslaught?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    November 2010
    15 Posts
    can you put the server back up?

38. Post #118
    July 2011
    55 Posts
    looks cool

39. Post #119
    Well, I got a buddy of mine (Shinden) to do some voice acting for several game types. I've edited his voice acting, and I think it sounds pretty neat. Example of his work:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15550767/data_dl_finished3.mp3

What do you guys think?

40. Post #120
    October 2009
    5,753 Posts
    Sounds pretty good for me