1. Post #281
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,231 Posts
    I'm thinking recon should be quieter, it's hard to backstab when the enemy hears "CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK" as combine. :P

Also hats don't turn invisible, not sure if you can even fix that. T.T if not, I'll get it fixed myself.

Edited:

PAGE KING!

2. Post #282
    Don't encourage knife killing, that will only make those annoying people who call themselves "ninja players" (those guys running arround screaming with a knife) come out, like what happened on nearly everey shooter to date.
    Actually, knives only instakill if you backstab someone, frontal assault deals 15-20 damage.

3. Post #283
    Here's some progress on the skill system/whatever. I have only finished the skill tree GUI element at the moment, but it won't take long until everything is functional.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

4. Post #284
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,231 Posts
    Hnng. This excites me in all the right ways.

5. Post #285
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,446 Posts
    i like the tree

6. Post #286
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    942 Posts
    This might be a stupid question, but when customisable weaponry is updated, will you update the gamemode to use the new attachments etc.?
    BTW, so fun even with 4 players :3

7. Post #287
    This might be a stupid question, but when customisable weaponry is updated, will you update the gamemode to use the new attachments etc.?
    BTW, so fun even with 4 players :3
    I, most likely, won't add in new attachments, because the gamemode has enough of them as it is.

Edited:

Here's another video that explains how skills/skill trees work in Green Shift.

8. Post #288
    October 2009
    5,606 Posts
    wait so you actually have a voice? holy shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #289
    After about ~2 hours in playtesting, looks like every bug with the skill tree system is fixed. And everything is working perfectly!

10. Post #290
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,709 Posts
    I, most likely, won't add in new attachments, because the gamemode has enough of them as it is.

Edited:

Here's another video that explains how skills/skill trees work in Green Shift.
    You shound exactly like I tought you would

11. Post #291
    You shound exactly like I tought you would
    Such is life being russian and having a huge accent when trying to pronounce english words the way americans pronounce them.

12. Post #292
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,848 Posts
    So when should we expect leveling and skill trees?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #293
    So when should we expect leveling and skill trees?
    When it's done.

AKA most likely today.

Edit: Well, looks like it's done.

All I need to do is playtest some more, and it'll be ready for release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

14. Post #294
    Well, looks like it's ready (at least I hope so).

Here it is, version 1.06:

1.06:
    + Added in 10 more Unlockables
    + Added in 2 more Personal Attributes
    /\ Re-made unlockables:
    * Instead of being able to unlock everything, there is now a level system
    * You get experience for: killing enemies, giving team mates medkits, giving team mates ammo, repairing team mates' armor, completing objectives
    * After leveling up, you get one skill point to spend on various skills
    * The only way to re-align them, is to press the "Reset All" button and re-start from level 0
    * Maximum amount of levels is pre-defined, but the calculation for amount of levels is: amount of unlockables divided by 2 (i.e. 20 unlockables = 10 levels)
    /\ Shotguns now reload faster with the "Agile Hands" Personal Attribute
    /\ Fixed a few bugs involving accuracy increasing/decreasing personal attributes/unlockables
    /\ Jump height now has a fixed value
    /\ Added more checks to prevent spectators spawning with guns
    /\ A small tweak to weapon animation switches
    /\ Crosshair is now smoother
    /\ Updated the readme for server owners, read it please

15. Post #295
    guys i have unique darkrp, k?
    May 2008
    1,358 Posts
    oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit

Quazi where the fuck are you update the server already
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #296
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,848 Posts
    193.11.111.16:27025 if you want to play 1.0.6

17. Post #297

September 2010
    14 Posts
    Great update.

when will "Hardcore" be added?

Also in the way that attachments work, would it be possible to unequip them on weapon change (since right now the attachment will show that it's equipped even if it can't be applied to the weapon you switched to). Also can you hide attachments that don't apply to your currently equipped weapon?

Also make a command if there isn't one already to shorten the new round start time.

And I still haven't figured out how to supply you're team with health/ammo/armor and it isn't in the readme or help sections.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #298
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,231 Posts
    oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit

Quazi where the fuck are you update the server already
    This little thing called school.. I'll update it in ~6 hours. T.T

Edited:

Great update.

when will "Hardcore" be added?

Also in the way that attachments work, would it be possible to unequip them on weapon change (since right now the attachment will show that it's equipped even if it can't be applied to the weapon you switched to). Also can you hide attachments that don't apply to your currently equipped weapon?

Also make a command if there isn't one already to shorten the new round start time.

And I still haven't figured out how to supply you're team with health/ammo/armor and it isn't in the readme or help sections.
    Yes to the attachment stuff! For ammo hit C.

Edited:

Actually, my school provides Mac laptops to students updating, brb.

19. Post #299
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,848 Posts
    Right, if you want to heal yourself, use "Q"
    Want to supply your team with repairs or ammo? Use "C"
    Cloaking is "C" as well.

20. Post #300
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,231 Posts
    Server's been updated, can't guarantee the custom admin mod will still work. Give it a try conco.

Edited:

Thank god for iPhone's wireless hotspot. :D

And... there goes my phone's bandwidth.

Edited:

Just thought of an idea, the most played green shift servers should have a tournament, winner gets something fancy. I kind of like the thought of this.. Hmmm..

21. Post #301
    guys i have unique darkrp, k?
    May 2008
    1,358 Posts
    snip

22. Post #302
    October 2009
    5,606 Posts
    Server's been updated, can't guarantee the custom admin mod will still work. Give it a try conco.

Edited:

Thank god for iPhone's wireless hotspot. :D

And... there goes my phone's bandwidth.

Edited:

Just thought of an idea, the most played green shift servers should have a tournament, winner gets something fancy. I kind of like the thought of this.. Hmmm..
    winner gets leetnoob voice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #303
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,231 Posts
    This is happening.

24. Post #304

September 2010
    14 Posts
    Oh quick note on gamemodes you should allow the admin to disable the gamemode in favor of TDM When I host it's usually 3v3 so the only gamemodes that work are TDM and comsab.

Supply caches take too much damage and aren't fun to shoot anyway and I'm pretty sure Vip doesn't work even in big games.

Also I love port and inferno but hate supply depot being forced on me in fact once "Hardcore" is released that and comsab will probably be all I'll play.

25. Post #305
    October 2009
    5,606 Posts
    we will win leetnoob voice? IM FUCKING IN

26. Post #306
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,848 Posts
    So I set up a Ranked Green Shift server, nothing special, just adds a little rank. Rank 1-5 play in the same bracket, and Ranks 5-10 play in the second bracket.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #307
    ezio audtioriet
    May 2007
    1,337 Posts
    played it today, was AWESOME.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #308

September 2010
    14 Posts
    So I set up a Ranked Green Shift server, nothing special, just adds a little rank. Rank 1-5 play in the same bracket, and Ranks 5-10 play in the second bracket.
    Oh please can you divide a player base with what accounts for little more than game play hours. Thus slowing the meta-game of an already isolated mod. Oh and try to be more like cod while your at it... except that cod wants to be Valve so now you're going in a circle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #309
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,231 Posts
    Oh please can you divide a player base with what accounts for little more than game play hours. Thus slowing the meta-game of an already isolated mod. Oh and try to be more like cod while your at it... except that cod wants to be Valve so now you're going in a circle.
    Ranks? Cod.
    Guns? Cod.
    Running? Cod.
    Attachments? Cod.

Get the fucker over yourself, ranks can be fun and if you don't like it then don't play it, no need for you to shit all over his post with your "Cod this cod that!".

And if you're going to criticize at least do it in a manner where you're not being sarcastic as all hell, that helps nobody.
    Can you please give a sarcastic response. Thus helping nobody with anything. Oh and your post has a period, cods subtitles has periods in it, try more to be like cod!1!

30. Post #310
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,848 Posts
    I've never owned a CoD game. I've never played a CoD game. In fact the whole rank idea came from World of Warcraft, idiot.

Edited:

In fact I might as well be copying Battlefield 2, they had ranks too.

Edited:

Oh and your acting like I'm only going to be running those two servers when in fact a third server will be going up thats just the vanilla version of the gamemode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #311
    Why do you guys like my voice so much? :v

Edited:

What the fuck, man? Why is it always when something has: weapons, running, perks, attachments, people, grenades it's like CoD? This is based on BF: BC2, NOT on CoD.
    And just because a server adds in a certain feature doesn't make it like CoD. BF2/BF: BC2/BF3 has ranks too, FYI.

Edit: I am thinking about adding in radio commands, since F4 is un-used right now, what do you guys think about it?

Rate agree if you think I should give it a shot, rate disagree if you think I shouldn't add it in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #312
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,231 Posts
    Why do you guys like my voice so much? :v

Edited:

What the fuck, man? Why is it always when something has: weapons, running, perks, attachments, people, grenades it's like CoD? This is based on BF: BC2, NOT on CoD.
    And just because a server adds in a certain feature doesn't make it like CoD. BF2/BF: BC2/BF3 has ranks too, FYI.

Edit: I am thinking about adding in radio commands, since F4 is un-used right now, what do you guys think about it?

Rate agree if you think I should give it a shot, rate disagree if you think I shouldn't add it in.
    Most hatshops use F4, I don't know about other servers but mine runs one.. :/

33. Post #313
    Most hatshops use F4, I don't know about other servers but mine runs one.. :/
    Solution: stop using hats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #314
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,231 Posts
    Nu-uh! I like having hats, gives players something to achieve more then levels and doesn't effect gameplay, plus voice commands should be more accessible then "F4", have a command to bind it so players can use it if they want and add the command to the help menu. F4 is not easy to use while in fast-paced combat.

35. Post #315
    Nu-uh! I like having hats, gives players something to achieve more then levels and doesn't effect gameplay, plus voice commands should be more accessible then "F4", have a command to bind it so players can use it if they want and add the command to the help menu. F4 is not easy to use while in fast-paced combat.
    That's true. I guess I'll look for an alternative. In the meantime, have you guys got any ideas for additional unlockables? There are a total of 16 (14 in version 1.06) at the moment, the new 2 are:

Script Kiddie - Engineer Tree:
    2x C4 charge plant speed

Fast Metabolism - Medic Tree:
    Automatic Health Dispenser heals an additional health point

So, right now I need 1 more unlockable for the Engineer and the Medic, and 2 more for the Recon. Any ideas?

Note: the unlockables are supposed to be universal/class-restricted, must not make the player super OP and have to make sense.

36. Post #316
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,709 Posts
    here's an idea for a perk;

Leetnoob - allows you to steal weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #317
    here's an idea for a perk;

Leetnoob - allows you to steal weapons.
    Since when does coding Customizable Weaponry from scratch is called "stealing weapons"? Unless you mean I used a function that you used is called stealing, then I have no idea what functions am I supposed to use to not steal code.

Oh, and, since you're so keen on randomly accusing me of stealing code from projects I've never heard of, I'll just add you to my ignore list.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

38. Post #318
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,446 Posts
    Since when does coding Customizable Weaponry from scratch is called "stealing weapons"? Unless you mean I used a function that you used is called stealing, then I have no idea what functions am I supposed to use to not steal code.

Oh, and, since you're so keen on randomly accusing me of stealing code from projects I've never heard of, I'll just add you to my ignore list.
    Don't listen to him nobody likes _NewBee. I'm surprised at how successful this gamemode is, well, not really who doesn't want to shoot each-other. Well anyway, good job, I think it's very fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

39. Post #319
    Well, there's just 1 more unlockable left to think up for Recon, Engineer and Medic. Any ideas? FYI these 3 will be added in 1.07:

Script Kiddie - Engineer Tree:
    2x C4 charge plant speed

Fast Metabolism - Medic Tree:
    Automatic Health Dispenser heals an additional health point

Quickdraw - Recon Tree:
    10% faster weapon draw speed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

40. Post #320
    October 2009
    5,606 Posts
    Add this perk BOOM!-underslug grenade launcher does +20% damage