1. Post #55161
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,330 Posts
    That mod that shows all the roads on the map is great. I've been wanting something like that ever since I got this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

2. Post #55162
    February 2010
    6,743 Posts
    I'm a bit of a new guy when it comes to Skyrim and would like to know if buying Breezehome is a good idea when all I have is 5291 gold. I'm a level 10 Nord and I have a lot of stuff that I want to keep stored away. I've completed the Abandoned Home quest but I'd rather not use it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #55163
    December 2011
    57 Posts
    I'm a bit of a new guy when it comes to Skyrim and would like to know if buying Breezehome is a good idea when all I have is 5291 gold. I'm a level 10 Nord and I have a lot of stuff that I want to keep stored away. I've completed the Abandoned Home quest but I'd rather not use it.
    There's no reason not to.

Pretty soon once you start clearing more dungeons and shit you'll have more gold than you'll know what to do with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

4. Post #55164
    Glod Menber
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,249 Posts
    no

Edited:

it's tiny as fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 10Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #55165
    Gold Member

October 2009
    4,921 Posts
    that TES V layer acceleration thing actually made going to Markarth and Solitude worth it without having to slow down from 50 fps to about 15 for simply walking forward and then walking back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

6. Post #55166
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    647 Posts
    Someone needs to make a mod that adds jarrin root to stores, for a ridiculously high price of course.
    That would be all people would buy after they get all the other shit, since you'll be rolling in dosh after the first few days
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

7. Post #55167
    I'm doing some pretty good tests on this acceleration layer mod and so far it's pretty incredible. Takes about 30 seconds to install and I'm seeing about 25-30% FPS boost in cities and 2-8% boost in FPS in open areas.

Doing indoor tests now.

This will be in a multi part series tomorrow.

8. Post #55168
    February 2010
    6,743 Posts
    no

Edited:

it's tiny as fuck
    I think I'll buy it anyways. I don't need much space other than two chests.

9. Post #55169
    Gen
    December 2011
    445 Posts
    I want a mod that turns all the NPCs in this game into furry creatures. I also want MLP horses and White retextured daedric armor pieces that are called "holy daedric" and I also want a mod that gives you AK 47 and I want a mod that improves graphix and I want a busty guardsmen mod that turns the guards into something like this:

I also wanna be able to marry the Jarl of Winterhold
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 12Dumb Dumb x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #55170
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,330 Posts
    no

Edited:

it's tiny as fuck
    I actually like the small cozy places better. I had pretty much every house in the game on Oblivion but my favorite of all of them was the crappy shack on the Waterfront district.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #55171
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,658 Posts
    So I need to kill Derkeethus to complete my genocide, but he's invincible and you can't even kill him if you use the setessential <Id> 0. Using the disable command just seems unfair but I think I might have to, unless someone has a fix.

12. Post #55172
    December 2011
    57 Posts
    I want a mod that turns all the NPCs in this game into furry creatures. I also want MLP horses and White retextured daedric armor pieces that are called "holy daedric" and I also want a mod that gives you AK 47 and I want a mod that improves graphix and I want a busty guardsmen mod that turns the guards into something like this:

SOON
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #55173
    Indoor tests show that there is little to no difference. 3 out of 5 tests showed no difference in framerate and when running the vanilla game some actually ran slightly faster than I originally tested.

Definitely seems like those intense city scenes are where it works well.

14. Post #55174
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,327 Posts
    Compainions quests are pretty fun.

Especially when you become a werewolf, I rip through the enemies like tissue paper.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #55175
    February 2010
    6,743 Posts
    Going against Halldir was a mistake, but I made it out alive which is pretty awesome.

16. Post #55176
    October 2010
    976 Posts
    Oh my... They are calling me

Nord's play Jenga with ingots.

Anyways, got the game yesterday on PS3 cause I've only a laptop, and so far its fun but this damned lag issue over extended playtime is really getting annoying, it's playable right now but I don't know how bad it's gonna get later on.

17. Post #55177
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,116 Posts
    My little packmule Lydia seems to have disappeared while I was fighting mammoths :/
    Normally I wouldn't be too bothered if she died, got flung to the furthest corners of Skyrim and then died, or simply disappeared; but she was carrying a pile of my ores and ingots. And shit, since i've got it on the Xbox I can't use console commands to bring her to me :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

18. Post #55178
    My little packmule Lydia seems to have disappeared while I was fighting mammoths :/
    Normally I wouldn't be too bothered if she died, got flung to the furthest corners of Skyrim and then died, or simply disappeared; but she was carrying a pile of my ores and ingots. And shit, since i've got it on the Xbox I can't use console commands to bring her to me :/
    just wait a day or two you'll get a message saying she got tired of waiting and went back home
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

19. Post #55179
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,116 Posts
    PS: Wildlife and irrelevant NPCs seem to be harder to kill at times than Dragons. Mammoths are unkillable before you hit lvl 20 and get the improved sneak multipliers. Many times I have seen two Mammoths beating the shit out of a blood dragon. Of course you could climb on a rock so that the mammoths cant reach you and so kill the creature at lvl 5. But that would also make you a little bitch.
    You can kill the mammoths even at lower levels without climbing up rocks. Just use unrelenting force to stagger the mammoth, keep backpedalling and filling it with arrows, and sprint like a motherfucker when it gets too close. Chug down stamina potions and stock up on stamina boosters. Uneven terrain with obstacles to navigate helps too.

20. Post #55180
    July 2010
    640 Posts
    So i get 91 smithing, select the create daedric skill, craft a daedric sword, and there is NO optio to upgrade it at the grinding wheel?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

21. Post #55181
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,116 Posts
    just wait a day or two you'll get a message saying she got tired of waiting and went back home
    Just to check, her home is the Jarl's place, right?

Edited:

automerge broken :c

Edited:

22. Post #55182
    Just to check, her home is the Jarl's place, right?

Edited:

Edited:

if you own the house she'll go there

if not then yeah check dragonsreach I guess
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #55183
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,116 Posts
    if you own the house she'll go there

if not then yeah check dragonsreach I guess
    Too poor for house, spent it all on ingots (what the fuck was I thinking)

24. Post #55184
    IT WAS ONLY $1 SO WHY NOT BUY A TITLE?
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts
    How can I get the Skyrim Script Extender to work with the Save File Manager? I launch Skyrim through the save-file manager to manage my different characters... but I gotta launch Skyrim through the SKSE exe? God damn.

25. Post #55185
    September 2009
    773 Posts
    So I'm near the end of the questline for The Dark Brotherhood again, and after I    kill the fake emperor and the agent guys too    I get to the bottom of the tower and start running through the little passageway that's supposed to take you out...until I notice there's a figure running towards me, and it's fucking Jaree pissed about something.

Seriously, he's got his nose in everything or something, and I don't want to do his damn quest so I can    get rid of him   .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

26. Post #55186
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    23,202 Posts

You're trying too hard
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

27. Post #55187
    December 2009
    3,006 Posts
    The Eye of Magnus creeps me out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

28. Post #55188
    June 2010
    4,876 Posts
    I'm trying to get the staff of magnus, but the git holding it is too powerful, and i'm a level 8 khajit mage. Use TGM(Toggle God Mode?)

Edited:

No really. With only elven boots and gloves for armour, I may have to use it, he kills me in almost 3 seconds...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

29. Post #55189
    December 2009
    3,006 Posts
    I think I did those quests in the 10 - 20 era, Though I remember completing the line of mage quests before hitting 20, you might want to load a save were your outside the labyrinth if thats where you are.
    Then do the easy spell test with the dark elf mage to get her as a follower.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

30. Post #55190

January 2010
    95 Posts
    Skyrim ENB 1.02 is out with major performance boost =D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #55191
    June 2010
    4,876 Posts
    I think I did those quests in the 10 - 20 era, Though I remember completing the line of mage quests before hitting 20, you might want to load a save were your outside the labyrinth if thats where you are.
    Then do the easy spell test with the dark elf mage to get her as a follower.
    I don't think I have a save for outside.
    me = fucked
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

32. Post #55192
    I'm trying to get the staff of magnus, but the git holding it is too powerful, and i'm a level 8 khajit mage. Use TGM(Toggle God Mode?)

Edited:

No really. With only elven boots and gloves for armour, I may have to use it, he kills me in almost 3 seconds...
    you should probably leave and come back when you are higher leveled

33. Post #55193
    June 2010
    4,876 Posts
    you should probably leave and come back when you are higher leveled
    How much higher?

34. Post #55194
    September 2009
    786 Posts
    How much higher?
    Around the 15-20 mark, level up your magic skills.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #55195
    March 2010
    3,139 Posts
    Skyrim ENB 1.02 is out with major performance boost =D
    Do you mean compared to 1.01 or to Skyrim as a whole?

36. Post #55196
    December 2009
    3,006 Posts

The weird part is, I found it in a bandit fort. Though not as good I would think, it was weird finding this inside a random bandit fort.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #55197
    eh I found the dragonscale boots in a chest once and a daedric dagger in another

it happens
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

38. Post #55198
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,267 Posts
    I know after nearly half a decade of nexus, I should be used to it by now, and I really shouldn't let it affect me but the communities bandwagon tendencies are really pissing me off. For example, that Tytanis mod, why does it even exist? A mod which has everything, adds everything and is in every possible way uber, so uber that it has online play, offers player houses and what not else that simply isn't possible for us ordinary mortals to accomplish.

Normally I would just say, ignore it, but very well done mods are being overshadowed and losing support because of this steaming pile of shit compilation of unfulfilled promises and stolen work. Don't even get me started on the sharpen "phase" that all the texture modders seem to be in. So much potential destroyed by so much filter rape.
    It's a community-contribution modding site, there's bound to be some self-pleasuring going on - I suspect the ego boost would be just as good a reason to contribute as any other.

I've got plenty of pet peeves ("XCE"? Bless yourself with an acronym once you start actually needing them - once someone has to say "Oblivion? Yeah, you'll need BC+UL+OOO+MM+WC+FCL... and that one clothing mod that made clothes grainier, yeah"), but one simply can't moderate for content.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Thailand Show Events

39. Post #55199
    September 2009
    786 Posts
    I'm starting to get bored, what can I do for fun? I'm a Mage character that's completed the Winterhold quests and three Daedric quests (all the staff ones)

40. Post #55200
    November 2010
    5,197 Posts

You gon' get raped.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 22 (list)