1. Post #19321
    Skyrim looks an awful lot like Oblivion (especially the graphics and weird animations).
    Stop fucking whining it's going to be good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

2. Post #19322
    June 2010
    4,367 Posts
    IT IS RELEASED AT MIDNIGHT NO MATTER WHAT TIME ZONE YOU ARE IN.

Why does everyone have to keep repeating this? It's not very hard to understand. Midnight for you. Period.
    Calm the fuck down. Forgive me for questioning when I'll get to play it because of what Steam says.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #19323

November 2010
    169 Posts
    Oh man 3 days and 7 hours. It's like the closer the 11th comes the slower time gets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

4. Post #19324
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,528 Posts
    It says 4 days, 8 hours for me.

Where the hell are you guys living? (I'm in GMT+3)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Qatar Show Events

5. Post #19325
    June 2010
    4,367 Posts
    It says 4 days, 8 hours for me.

Where the hell are you guys living? (I'm in GMT+3)
    Central time. (dont know my GMTs)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #19326
    April 2011
    209 Posts
    Don't trust Steam's countdown. It rarely shows the correct time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #19327
    101% Asian
    April 2007
    1,861 Posts

Why does everyone have to keep repeating this? It's not very hard to understand. Midnight for you. Period.
    I live in the PST/PDT Timezone. It unlocks at 10 PM on 11/10 for me.

It'd be pretty dumb for it to unlock at midnight for everyone in the US. It seems more reasonable that it unlocks all at one time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #19328
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,528 Posts
    Well according to Skyrim's countdown, I'd have Skyrim unlocked on the 11th at 18:00... lol

9. Post #19329
    Dragon Member
    January 2006
    1,312 Posts

Because it is not released at midnight no matter what time zone you are in, at least if Steam is to be trusted. Still says 2am for Finland.

Edited:

Don't trust Steam's countdown. It rarely shows the correct time.
    Why? I don't remember one time when it would've been incorrect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

10. Post #19330
    October 2009
    12,667 Posts
    I'm hoping the current time on it is correct. I may have to leave class a little early to make it on time for the release but damn it will be worth it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #19331
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,528 Posts
    Wait, then how is it that I, in GMT+3, am getting it unlocked in 4 days and 7 hours, while someone else, GMT+1, is getting it unlocked in 3 days, 22 hours?

Edited:

That's like a 9 hour difference for a two hour difference in timezone...

12. Post #19332
    Dragon Member
    January 2006
    1,312 Posts
    Wait, then how is it that I, in GMT+3, am getting it unlocked in 4 days and 7 hours, while someone else, GMT+1, is getting it unlocked in 3 days, 22 hours?

Edited:

That's like a 9 hour difference for a two hour difference in timezone...
    I'm in GMT+2 and it says 3 days, 17 hours. Interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

13. Post #19333
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,726 Posts
    I wonder if you can fool Steam by changing your timezone. It worked with TF2's Halloween event, so why not Skyrim?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #19334
    Dragon Member
    January 2006
    1,312 Posts
    I wonder if you can fool Steam by changing your timezone. It worked with TF2's Halloween event, so why not Skyrim?
    Because Steam checks the release date from their own servers and compares that to your location (which it, in turn, gets from your IP).
    You can "fool" it by using a VPN, but not by changing your PC's timezone. As far as I know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #19335
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,809 Posts
    Skyrim is releasing at the same time for every time zone, It doesn't change based on where you are in the world.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

16. Post #19336
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,019 Posts
    why can't i preload!

17. Post #19337
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,039 Posts

You can't be fucking serious.

Although there's little doubt that Creation probably uses Gamebryo as a mere base, everything else was written from the ground up.
    Do you see any of those ugly-ass lod issues far away? No.
    Do you see disgusting self-shadows? No.
    Do you see insanely wrong faces? (As in not aesthetically displeasing, but fucked up graphically) No.
    Do you see good-looking mountains from far away? Yes.
    Do you see quite nice view distances? Yes.
    I do see horrible animations and really bad textures though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #19338
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,528 Posts
    Common factor in all games.

Still disproves what you said.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Qatar Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #19339
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    17,290 Posts
    Neither of those are nearly as bad as people seem to be making them out to be. I really don't see those animations as as bad as other people are claiming.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #19340
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,528 Posts
    Gonna see if FlyVPN will set the timer back a bit.

21. Post #19341
    June 2011
    8,356 Posts
    The animations are the best animations Bethesda has made, they're indefinitely better than FO3 and Oblivion's.

The textures look like bad because we've only seen Xbox 360 footage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #19342
    December 2010
    2,058 Posts
       I don't get how Shego can be in Skyrim? isn't the Hero of Kvatch meant to be shego now and the real Shego transformed into Jyggalag   

Also at the end of the game The Hero of Kvatch now a god will laugh at you as the Nerevarine punches the world eater in the face while your daggerfall and arena character run in circles
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

23. Post #19343
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,528 Posts
    Fucking hell it doesn't.

24. Post #19344
    August 2009
    6,737 Posts
    Skyrim's animations are far superior than Oblivion's even if it's still bad. Back in oblivion you didn'y even move you lower body when swinging a sword.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Egypt Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #19345
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,528 Posts
    Suggestions anyone? I don't wanna play this on the 12th.

26. Post #19346
    Dancing Member
    July 2009
    2,737 Posts
       I don't get how Shego can be in Skyrim? isn't the Hero of Kvatch meant to be shego now and the real Shego transformed into Jyggalag   

Also at the end of the game The Hero of Kvatch now a god will laugh at you as the Nerevarine punches the world eater in the face while your daggerfall and arena character run in circles
    use [sp]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #19347
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,528 Posts
    fucking hell im abandoning thread, no one knows how to use [sp]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Qatar Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #19348
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    Assuming console commands are the same, I'll have fun killing that bastard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

29. Post #19349
    December 2010
    2,058 Posts
    fucking hell im abandoning thread, no one knows how to use [sp]
    I would of thought it was already known, to me it was like known that dragons would be in this...of course divine would be in this game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

30. Post #19350
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,539 Posts

Oblivion rhesus monkey simulator
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 15Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #19351
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,039 Posts
    The animations are the best animations Bethesda has made, they're indefinitely better than FO3 and Oblivion's.

The textures look like bad because we've only seen Xbox 360 footage.
    The animations in FO3 and Oblivion were the worst I've ever seen in supposedly AAA titles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

32. Post #19352
    June 2011
    8,356 Posts
    The animations in FO3 and Oblivion were the worst I've ever seen in supposedly AAA titles.
    Why do you think I wrote "indefinitely better than FO3 and Oblivion's"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

33. Post #19353
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,039 Posts
    Common factor in all games.

Still disproves what you said.
    What are you talking about? Most games have pretty good animations and a lot of games have stunning animations (Uncharted, BF3, Arkham City/Asylum).

Edited:

Because you think it matters. The animations in Oblivion were so horrendous, that even though the animations in Skyrim are 10 times better they're still extremely awful.

Edited:

Because you think it matters. The animations in Oblivion were so horrendous, that even though the animations in Skyrim are 10 times better they're still extremely awful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

34. Post #19354
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,528 Posts
    What are you talking about? Most games have pretty good animations and a lot of games have stunning animations (Uncharted, BF3, Arkham City/Asylum).
    You said how this was a carbon copy of Oblivion.
    I stated how it wasn't.
    There are still a few things in common.
    Therefore it's not a carbon copy...

And for fucks sake, stop exaggerating so much, the animations aren't excruciatingly terrible, just don't play the goddamn game if you hate it so much and think that it's Oblivion 1.5 when I just proved otherwise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Qatar Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #19355
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,575 Posts
    Which isn't saying much. That's like saying "This painting is a lot better than that piece of paper that has shit smeared over it."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #19356
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,528 Posts
    Oh yeah, and there's not a single game in this world that doesn't have some sort of low-res texture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Qatar Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

37. Post #19357
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,539 Posts
    More irrational scrutiny.

If you carefully analyze any animation in any game, you're going to find something wrong with it. if it wasn't a bethesda title people wouldn't notice it because they wouldn't be looking for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

38. Post #19358
    June 2011
    8,356 Posts
    Which isn't saying much. That's like saying "This painting is a lot better than that piece of paper that has shit smeared over it."
    Learn what the word indefinitely means.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

39. Post #19359
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,039 Posts
    Oh yeah, and there's not a single game in this world that doesn't have some sort of low-res texture.
    From the looks of it, Skyrim has nothing but low-res textures.

ITT: Fanboys in denial.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #19360
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,528 Posts
    And honestly some animations look fucking great, namely the first person ones and the dragon execution ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Qatar Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)