1. Post #19481
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,608 Posts
    I feel sorry for all of you if you're going to play games for their graphics. I play them for fun, like you're meant to.
    No YOU DON'T DO THAT BECAUSE GAME LIKE MOVIE YOU WATCH MOVIE AND THEN PLAY NEXT GAME AFTER IT FINISHES IN 2 HOURS

- xXSniperKillerz98Xx
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

2. Post #19482
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    63,364 Posts
    I feel sorry for all of you if you're going to play games for their graphics. I play them for fun, like you're meant to.
    Why oh why can't it be a balance of both? And I just said there's nothing wrong with having iffy graphics. Like I said, some of my favourite games have shitty or below average graphics. It's the movement and the way the game plays as well as the overall general look of the game which is greatly lacking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #19483
    This thing is literally the worst, its the epitome of a superiority complex why do people link that as if it means anything?
    Because people vainly want to think that the world can be happy and sunshine and lovey dovey friendship.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events

4. Post #19484
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,608 Posts
    Hey, remember how Morrowind was the Crysis of its time?
    This is true, I remember the Xbox version even had graphics options in the settings menu in case the game lagged. It was amazing.

5. Post #19485
    September 2005
    63,364 Posts
    I don't know what type of world you're living in, but Skyrim is pretty much standard '11 graphics.

I mean, if you think skyrim's graphics are shit, you'll probably have your aorta explode after looking at Gmod, or Half Life 2, both of which are pretty good games. And even today most people don't go around saying "Half Life 2 graphics are utter shit in a bin"

Jesus, if skyrim is shit, then BF3 probably barely meets your standards, and nothing exceeds it.
    The thing is, half-life 2's engine is very adaptable. And half-life 2 looks great, FOR THE TIME. They didn't even need to make a new engine for the following games. Each new source game looks fantastic (at the time of release, not in retrospect) and it's still the same engine. Bethesda supposedly redid the engine for Skyrim, and it barely looks any better, as the fault lies with their developing and not their engine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #19486
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    Now I'm not a fanboy of the game, I literally had never played anything in the series before yesterday, but stop saying that it looks worse than Skyrim. Because it doesn't.
    Well that guy in the Uncharted 2 screenshot isn't casting any shadows, the AK is muddy, no AA...

Oh yeah, look at those shitty tiling textures, stretched AC textures...

What the fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Qatar Show Events Zing Zing x 5Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #19487
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,058 Posts
    It's not a good experience when everyone moves like they're some kind of weird Japanese robot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

8. Post #19488
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    13,783 Posts
    hey uh guys watch this please

what's the point of not discussing skyrim in the skyrim thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events

9. Post #19489
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    The thing is, half-life 2's engine is very adaptable. And half-life 2 looks great, FOR THE TIME. They didn't even need to make a new engine for the following games. Each new source game looks fantastic (at the time of release, not in retrospect) and it's still the same engine. Bethesda supposedly redid the engine for Skyrim, and it barely looks any better, as the fault lies with their developing and not their engine.
    CS: GO seems to be pretty shitty in terms of graphics, and espcially those reload animations.
    L4D2 would look bad if I was judging by (what I think would be) your standards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Qatar Show Events

10. Post #19490
    May 2007
    127 Posts
    This thing is literally the worst, its the epitome of a superiority complex why do people link that as if it means anything?
    hey whoa calm down its cool if you don't like the game and all but you aren't going to get very far arguing that the game looks terrible with a bunch of people who have it preordered
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #19491
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,608 Posts
    Well that guy in the Uncharted 2 screenshot isn't casting any shadows, the AK is muddy, no AA...

What the fuck.
    Most PS3 games run an edge based blur filter for a 'fake AA effect' because they are mostly incapable of doing proper AA in the first place

12. Post #19492
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,536 Posts
    Honestly, as long as it looks better than Oblivion, I will fucking love it.

I play for the great openness of the game, not graphics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

13. Post #19493
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    Well here's more ugliness from uncharted 2 for you the game that supposedly looks amazing when compared to skyrim:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Qatar Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

14. Post #19494
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,553 Posts
    Oh no! He's not casting a shadow!

this is uncharted 2   

Edited:

The AK47's texture is quite muddy too.
    1) He's standing in the way of the shadow
    2) that's a photograph of a screen
    3) the game looks better than skyrim http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9dLpL09jhI
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #19495
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    Do you know how shadows work? In real life, they ORIGINATE from the bottom of your feet.

I don't see any black coming from his feet.

16. Post #19496
    Swayoung
    June 2005
    579 Posts
    I just want to play Skyrim :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

17. Post #19497
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    And even if, in your opinion, UC2 looked better than Skyrim, there's no real doubt that the graphical difference between them is the difference between shit and god.

18. Post #19498
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    725 Posts
    Do you know how shadows work? In real life, they ORIGINATE from the bottom of your feet.

Because he is obscuring them, look at the direction of the other shadows.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #19499
    September 2005
    63,364 Posts

What the fuck.
    And yet it manages to LOOK NICER than the oblivion shots. If I judged which to play by comparison both of those screenshots, Uncharted 2 looks more pleasing. What's your point again? Because mine's that even with a slightly better engine and a few graphical improvements here and there, their inability to make something look nice still shines through.

Edited:

Well here's more ugliness from uncharted 2 for you the game that supposedly looks amazing when compared to skyrim:

Why are you still taking pics from Uncharted 2, it's from 2009, even if you convince other people it looks worse than Skyrim you've proved nothing except than a game from '11 looks only marginally better than it (it doesn't even).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 9Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #19500
    September 2011
    1,489 Posts
    And yet it manages to LOOK NICER than the oblivion shots. If I judged which to play by comparison both of those screenshots, Uncharted 2 looks more pleasing. What's your point again? Because mine's that even with a slightly better engine and a few graphical improvements here and there, their inability to make something look nice still shines through.

Edited:

Why are you still taking pics from Uncharted 2, it's from 2009, even if you convince other people it looks worse than Skyrim you've proved nothing except than a game from '11 looks only marginally better than it (it doesn't even).
    Nicer then Oblivion, I have to agree with that one.. but it never will look better then Skyrim.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #19501
    September 2005
    63,364 Posts
    1) He's standing in the way of the shadow
    2) that's a photograph of a screen
    3) the game looks better than skyrim http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9dLpL09jhI
    Haha, bam. drake does cast a shadow after all. that video looks sooooo much better than skyrim, even if you keep saying some of the textures are muddy. doesn't make it look any worse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #19502
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,553 Posts

I would like you to watch about 6 seconds of this video then realise how retarded you sound
    I'll even post it in big tags so you can't miss it this time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #19503
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    Ah ok I see that shadow now.

The difference between UC2 and skyrim still isn't the difference between god and shit.
    You can't deny that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Qatar Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #19504
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,376 Posts
    Regardless of opinions I trust in Bethesda from past games to produce a game regardless of visual quality that will keep me entertained for hours and hours on end. The bugs were just the comedic side and the modding community is so active, I went back to Oblivion so many times just because of the many mods that extended its game-play endlessly. There are so many little things within Oblivion that made me as a gamer enjoy playing it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #19505
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    3,055 Posts

Edited:

So what you're pretty much doing is just stating that you think Skyrim looks like shit in comparison to other games out now and that it has only received minor upgrades since Oblivion. We get that, but what are you trying to achieve? Are you trying to convince people to cancel their pre-orders, or to not buy it in the first place?

Because despite what the game may look like and how it might play, I'm sure it will still be fun. I'm not saying " durr I don't care if a game is just some low res cubes fighting eachother as long as it's fun "

At the end of the day this is all that fucking matters. If you have fun playing a game, then mission accomplished for the developers. If you weren't fully immersed and picking your jaw up from the floor at every little thing in the game then boo-hoo sorry, find another game if this one didn't fully satisfy you.

Imho you must be blind or have dirt in your eyes if you really think Skyrim looks like shit. I can agree with you saying that it isn't the most gorgeous game or has the best animations or is an all-around improvement from Skyrim, but it is very, VERY far from looking like shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #19506
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    And I'm pointing out the little things in UC2 that sometimes make it look bad. Obviously as a whole it doesn't look bad.
    You're basically doing the same thing, scrutinizing small points in Skyrim's overall graphical style and aesthetic. But overall it doesn't look bad.

When the first skyrim pictures were released, no one was saying it was shit, and now someone started this...

27. Post #19507
    Wnd
    October 2010
    1,601 Posts
    How am I supposed to wait 4 days out?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Azerbaijan Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #19508
    January 2010
    1,263 Posts
    So, has enough game comparing gone on? Can we go back to talking about something slightly less pointless and stupid? If you don't like Skyrim and aren't going to play it, then why are you in here?

Why would you come in to a thread about something you don't like and talk negatively about it? It's pointless. You're going to get no where with your argument. You're not going to convince those who already like Skyrim to hate it along with you. -and those few that are here who already hate it, well, they already do.
    It seems to me that you're posting pointlessly. Which if I'm not mistaken is exactly what spam is. Pointless posts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

29. Post #19509
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    This is poop nowadays:

Does Skyrim look even REMOTELY close to being that bad? I think not. As I've already demonstrated, it looks ridiculously better than Oblivion. And by today's standards, Oblivion wouldn't even be THAT bad.

30. Post #19510
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,287 Posts
    I haven't been so hyped for this game in the past months, but when I saw the ticker blowing up because of this thread I had to atleast go and check out the OP.

I'm now hyped for Skyrim.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #19511
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,553 Posts
    And I'm pointing out the little things in UC2 that sometimes make it look bad. Obviously as a whole it doesn't look bad.
    You're basically doing the same thing, scrutinizing small points in Skyrim's overall graphical style and aesthetic. But overall it doesn't look bad.

When the first skyrim pictures were released, no one was saying it was shit, and now someone started this...
    You were posting what look like developement shots taken from a phone

and UC2 is PS3 game from 2009, it shouldn't even come close to a PC game from 2011, and yet it does
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #19512
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    You were posting what look like developement shots taken from a phone

and UC2 is PS3 game from 2009, it shouldn't even come close to a PC game from 2011, and yet it does
    Wow you have some serious issues.

SKYRIM SCREENSHOTS ARE XBOX 360.
    THE SPECS ON A 360 ARE NEARLY IDENTICAL TO A PS3.

You missed the whole fucking point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Qatar Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #19513
    September 2011
    1,489 Posts
    I like the fact that most of Skyrims footage we have seen is from a 360, we will only know how good it will look on the pc on 11/11/11.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

34. Post #19514
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    And here we are, with Crysis, a 2007 game, which looks better than what, almost every other game that has come out since then?

-Call of Duty
    -Bad Company 2
    -Uncharted 2
    -Skyrim
    -Red Orchestra 2
    -And an assload others.

35. Post #19515
    September 2011
    1,489 Posts
    And here we are, with Crysis, a 2007 game, which looks better than what, almost every other game that has come out since then?

-Call of Duty
    -Bad Company 2
    -Uncharted 2
    -Skyrim
    -Red Orchestra 2
    -And an assload others.
    Crysis better then Skyrim, ha.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #19516
    March 2010
    4,472 Posts

[h2]Why the fuck should anyone care? We play games for ourselves, other people don't need to like 'em.[/h2]

Edited:

please discuss Skyrim and stop comparing apples with oranges
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 4 (list)

37. Post #19517
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    Maybe we should just stop playing all games past 2007 that don't look as good as Crysis, eh?

38. Post #19518
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,553 Posts
    Wow you have some serious issues.

SKYRIM SCREENSHOTS ARE XBOX 360.
    THE SPECS ON A 360 ARE NEARLY IDENTICAL TO A PS3.

You missed the whole fucking point.
    Are you telling me all the pictures released by bethesda to show how good the game looks are from a 360?

Because that is such a good move by them, it really goes to show you the brilliant minds of bethesda truly are brilliant and have the most fantastic ideas
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #19519
    May 2008
    800 Posts
    Skyrim reminds me of Scotland.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #19520
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,553 Posts
    It's okay though, I'm sure some modders will take the time to give the game proper textures and models and shaders and everything else bethesda suck at doing, as they have done with the last 4 games bethesda released
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Useful Useful x 1 (list)