1. Post #1201
    Slayer of long titles
    March 2011
    1,352 Posts
    I use these parameters myself

Also just use the idle.cfg that is included in the tutorial. It ends up using less resources for some weird reason.

If anyone is NOT using TF2Idle yet then please do.

I'll eventually get around to making something to setup the folders and such. But for now you will need to do it manually.
    -Delta
    Hey, thanks! One tiny problem though, when I click "Start Idling", yeah I can see on my main account that the idling account is in TF2. But it doesn't join the map, nor do I see the CMD window as described above. Yesterday I ignored these 2 facts and went to bed with it running, but I didn't find anything the next morning. I know it isn't the drop cap, since I tried booting up tf2 the normal way on there and left it on trade_plaza 2, and I got some stuff afterwards. I just don't want to keep doing that since it takes up so much memory, and apparently text mode via SandBoxie hates me, since it works fine when I'm not using Sandboxie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events

2. Post #1202
    October 2011
    121 Posts
    Hey, thanks! One tiny problem though, when I click "Start Idling", yeah I can see on my main account that the idling account is in TF2. But it doesn't join the map, nor do I see the CMD window as described above. Yesterday I ignored these 2 facts and went to bed with it running, but I didn't find anything the next morning. I know it isn't the drop cap, since I tried booting up tf2 the normal way on there and left it on trade_plaza 2, and I got some stuff afterwards. I just don't want to keep doing that since it takes up so much memory, and apparently text mode via SandBoxie hates me, since it works fine when I'm not using Sandboxie.
    Maybe your Sanboxes aren't set up properly so it can't apply the command. Make sure it is hooked up fine. TF2Idle has a option where it can setup the sandboxes and clean them out when needed. Try it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

3. Post #1203
    Slayer of long titles
    March 2011
    1,352 Posts
    Maybe your Sanboxes aren't set up properly so it can't apply the command. Make sure it is hooked up fine. TF2Idle has a option where it can setup the sandboxes and clean them out when needed. Try it.
    I can't find that option...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events

4. Post #1204

January 2012
    243 Posts
    Boben, how much?
    That what i asked.

Considering it costs $5 minimum to set up, something less than $5 each.
    Right, i truly doubt it can be more, lol.

Also, still looking for some nice inventory manager, preferable with crafting feature.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events

5. Post #1205

August 2011
    23 Posts
    hey, do you guys also losing connection to steam server / crash lately with your idle accounts? i have perfect connection and thats not the problem. its stupid updates from time to time now that disconnects the accs. anybody else?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

6. Post #1206
    October 2011
    121 Posts
    hey, do you guys also losing connection to steam server / crash lately with your idle accounts? i have perfect connection and thats not the problem. its stupid updates from time to time now that disconnects the accs. anybody else?
    Make sure that +maxplayers it set to the minimum of 2. If this is set to 24 it may create an unstable connection. If the item scheme is updated it should auto download and apply. Not a whole lot you can do about it.

I can't find that option...

As for Item Managers here's 2 mentioned in the thread:
    http://sim.didrole.com/ - Has auto crafting
    http://www.jengerer.com/item_manager/ - Doesn't have auto crafting

7. Post #1207

January 2012
    243 Posts
    http://sim.didrole.com/ - Has auto crafting
    http://www.jengerer.com/item_manager/ - Doesn't have auto crafting
    Used first already - pure shit. Too many problems and craft fails like "there is no blueprint".
    Will try second.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events

8. Post #1208
    October 2011
    121 Posts
    Used first already - pure shit. Too many problems and craft fails like "there is no blueprint".
    Will try second.
    It doesn't take that long to craft stuff yourself.
    Takes me 20 minutes to craft 300 items.

9. Post #1209

August 2011
    23 Posts
    wtf is item-scheme update for message?

10. Post #1210

April 2012
    2 Posts
    I keep getting problems with my idle

this is the batch file

Code:
    cd "D:\Program Files\Steam"
    start steam.exe -applaunch 440 -textmode -nosound -noipx -novid -nopreload -nojoy -sw +sv_lan 0 +map "itemtest"
    now its stays connected for maybe an hour or so then disconnects
    and keeps looping a message about item schema over and over never reconnecting

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #1211
    November 2011
    120 Posts

this is the batch file

Code:
    start steam.exe -applaunch 440 -textmode -nosound -noipx -novid -nopreload -nojoy -sw +sv_lan 0 +map "itemtest"

I think you'll still have your items, wait 1 hour and see.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

12. Post #1212
    Gold Member

February 2008
    5,015 Posts

this is the batch file

Code:

I think that's just for folks who want to run an account registered server. It doesn't affect your drops. It's really only for eligibility to special TF2 server based events (like Halloween gift drops).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #1213
    October 2011
    121 Posts
    Joe88 can you please add
    +maxplayers 2
    to your launch options.

wtf is item-scheme update for message?
    It's the item server connected to you. Make sure this is connected at all times.

14. Post #1214

July 2011
    111 Posts
    I idled with 8 accounts overnight (first time in the last week), but 7 of them got only 1 or 2 items in 7 hours of idling. The game logs doesn't warn that steam connection gone "zero". Anyone else had this problem?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

15. Post #1215
    Sae

April 2012
    61 Posts
    I idled with 8 accounts overnight (first time in the last week), but 7 of them got only 1 or 2 items in 7 hours of idling. The game logs doesn't warn that steam connection gone "zero". Anyone else had this problem?
    Did you close the individual TF2 windows? I've found items don't necessarily appear in the backpack until TF2 is shut down.

16. Post #1216

July 2011
    111 Posts
    Did you close the individual TF2 windows? I've found items don't necessarily appear in the backpack until TF2 is shut down.
    No that was not the case, I check the drops on TF2items.com.

I've been idling for months and it happened only this night. It's like I already had used "drop time" on accounts I didn't log in for a week.

17. Post #1217

August 2011
    23 Posts
    No that was not the case, I check the drops on TF2items.com.

I've been idling for months and it happened only this night. It's like I already had used "drop time" on accounts I didn't log in for a week.
    lately, this week i lost connection to tf2 server constant. my connection is good. i think the game is crashing in textmode.

18. Post #1218
    October 2011
    121 Posts
    lately, this week i lost connection to tf2 server constant. my connection is good. i think the game is crashing in textmode.
    This can be network instability try restarting your router/modem.
    Or it can be Steam just messing up. You can try deleting everything but steamapps and steam.exe and trying again.

19. Post #1219

July 2011
    111 Posts
    The game didn't crash for me, I just received less drops than usual, one of the accounts idle'd for 12 hours and got only one item. The TF2 log always displays if the Steam Connection goes 0, but that was not the case, unless Valve disabled the warning in the last patches.

20. Post #1220
    April 2012
    27 Posts

Im getting the same issue. Valve could be updating networks / servers, or the last update broke something.

I might suspend my idling attempts till this gets fixed.

ric20007 posted:
    I think you'll still have your items, wait 1 hour and see.
    this hasn't been the case for me. once this starts, the idle process gets f**ked for that account.

GreenDolphin posted:
    I think that's just for folks who want to run an account registered server. It doesn't affect your drops. It's really only for eligibility to special TF2 server based events (like Halloween gift drops).
    Yes and No.
    if you keep seeing the schema updated followed by "not logging into registered account" repeatedly, its an indication that something is failing.
    usually i nuke these idles, and go back to them later to preserve the drop count.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

21. Post #1221

July 2011
    111 Posts
    If you're creating a server to idle, that identity message is normal. It just means your server isn't registered to Matchmaking. It doesn't affect item drops.

The message that identified if you're getting item drops or not was something like "Steam Connection = 0", it usually appears when the item server is down. But it seems it was removed last patch.

Just to add, all that messages comes after Matchmaking or item servers gone down. When regaining connection to the servers, that messages will display again.

22. Post #1222
    April 2012
    27 Posts
    gambler posted:
    If you're creating a server to idle, that identity message is normal. It just means your server isn't registered to Matchmaking. It doesn't affect item drops.

The message that identified if you're getting item drops or not was something like "Steam Connection = 0", it usually appears when the item server is down. But it seems it was removed last patch.

Just to add, all that messages comes after Matchmaking or item servers gone down. When regaining connection to the servers, that messages will display again.
    if you keep seeing the schema updated followed by
    "not logging into registered account"
    Repeatedly.
    Its an indication that something is failing.

gambler posted:
    This is not correct.
    if i set my firewall to 'Block All' the steam connection = 0 still pops up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

23. Post #1223

July 2011
    111 Posts
    I know something is failing and I'm certain it's instability from Valve's item and MM servers. But the steam connection = 0 error didn't show up any time, which is pretty much usual when there's any instability. That's why I thought it was removed. Usually I get around 100 items from 12 accounts, but early today I got only 72. Not counting crates.

24. Post #1224

June 2010
    3 Posts
    I know something is failing and I'm certain it's instability from Valve's item and MM servers. But the steam connection = 0 error didn't show up any time, which is pretty much usual when there's any instability. That's why I thought it was removed. Usually I get around 100 items from 12 accounts, but early today I got only 72. Not counting crates.
    im having the same issue this started after the last steam update :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Portugal Show Events

25. Post #1225

July 2011
    111 Posts
    It happened again last night. Idled with 6 accounts for the first time of the week, only 1-2 item drops per account in 7 hours of idling, with no disconnection.

26. Post #1226
    October 2010
    42 Posts
    It happened again last night. Idled with 6 accounts for the first time of the week, only 1-2 item drops per account in 7 hours of idling, with no disconnection.
    I've been having the same problem for the past two weeks. This week I ran some accounts multiple nights in a row and they are stuck on 4~5 items. I also have one account that won't get any. Not sure what changed.

27. Post #1227

June 2010
    3 Posts
    there is a thread about this on steam forums http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2666460
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Portugal Show Events

28. Post #1228

January 2012
    1 Posts
    there is a thread about this on steam forums http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2666460
    Same here.. My last idle was a month ago and today i idled with 5 accs and 2 sont get any items and the others 1-3.. what happened?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Germany Show Events

29. Post #1229
    April 2012
    62 Posts
    I don't think its idle accounts, I play on my main account and have been getting very few drops.

30. Post #1230

July 2011
    111 Posts
    I left the console log of my server opened today, it seems the "item schema" and "server identity" messages were appearing in 30~60 minute intervals, then about 5 hours ago it suddenly stopped showing up. I can only suppose item drops were fixed too.

31. Post #1231
    Gold Member

February 2008
    5,015 Posts
    I idled fine 4 days ago and got my accounts drop worth. I'm not sure why other people are experiencing reduced drop rates if this is indeed true.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

32. Post #1232

July 2011
    111 Posts
    I idled fine 4 days ago and got my accounts drop worth. I'm not sure why other people are experiencing reduced drop rates if this is indeed true.
    Drops were fine until Friday. It seems it only occurred this weekend. A guy from SPUF said that accounts that didn't get many drops on Saturday and Sunday are getting some drops now.

33. Post #1233

August 2011
    23 Posts
    item server is a fucking joke. doesnt work at all time to time now constant!

34. Post #1234
    April 2012
    62 Posts
    I was getting drops up until 6:45 tonight, then I get getting the error:

tf_server_identity_account_id not set; not logging into registered account
    current item schema is up-to-date with version B4E8349B
    I have restarted my computer, restarted sandboxie, cleaned out the sandboxies, and still nothing, its really frustrating, its just stopped.

35. Post #1235
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,925 Posts
    I get that error too soul, I still get drops
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

36. Post #1236

July 2011
    111 Posts
    Drop system is having problems again, same as last weekend. Trading system is barely working. It has been like this for 6 hours already.

37. Post #1237
    August 2011
    628 Posts
    There's a new way of acquiring server updated files, after this new update...

New message from the .bat updater file:

Connecting
    Connection established: handshaking
    Sending login message (??????)
    Failed. Server rejected session login

If your server updater fails the first times, as it did for me, retry.

It will eventually send the "login details" successfully and get all the needed files.

Keep tryin'

LE: It connects to said IP (random), gets some files, then disconnects... It tries to connect to another random IP. Sometimes fails and retries, other times it connects successfully and gets other number of files.

Weird concoction, Valve!

P.S. What probably took 2min to update in previous patches, it takes 14 minutes right now. The login session rejection is just ridonculous...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

38. Post #1238
    March 2012
    96 Posts
    It seems they fixed it. For now i'm having drop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

39. Post #1239
    Master Cheese Tactician
    August 2011
    970 Posts
    I find it impossible to trade between accounts now :/

40. Post #1240
    April 2012
    62 Posts
    I find it impossible to trade between accounts now :/
    Check out my post on how to automate this kind of thing, http://facepunch.com/threads/1179280
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)