1. Post #1001

February 2012
    2 Posts
    M.A.I.D. works great with rabbish's method. The only problem is that when I try to use the "Idle Group #1" button, it tries to launch all of the idle accounts too quickly which ends in a lot of steam blob messages. Hopefully the maker of M.A.I.D. can add a way for the user to manually delay the next idle account being launched by a certain amount? For me, a delay of about 30 seconds between each idle accnt launching would be great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #1002

September 2011
    23 Posts
    Actually, is there a new MAID version coming along? I have found this program very useful. Is this thread the only place where we can get updates on MAID?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Greece Show Events

3. Post #1003
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,575 Posts
    M.A.I.D. works great with rabbish's method. The only problem is that when I try to use the "Idle Group #1" button, it tries to launch all of the idle accounts too quickly which ends in a lot of steam blob messages. Hopefully the maker of M.A.I.D. can add a way for the user to manually delay the next idle account being launched by a certain amount? For me, a delay of about 30 seconds between each idle accnt launching would be great.
    that happens because you're only using 1 steam.exe
    you have to make a seperate copy of steam folder for each account

Edited:

It takes time.

and I do every so often. Like once every 2 months or so.
    i just do it every week.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #1004
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    that happens because you're only using 1 steam.exe
    you have to make a seperate copy of steam folder for each account

Edited:

i just do it every week.
    How many accounts do you have?

I have 8 and that takes me like at least 2 hours to craft, and trade all metal to one account.

Well.. depending on the last time I did it. Hm.. every weeks seems to be a waste of time though.

5. Post #1005
    August 2011
    608 Posts
    I have 8 and that takes me like at least 2 hours to craft, and trade all metal to one account.
    I have 20 accounts and I can get the job done in 2-3 hours, including trading.

My tip: get one of the tf2 item managers that were linked in this thread, and put it to use.

If you're using sandboxie, here's what you need to do:

a) start your account in normal mode, using a .bat that contains:
    C:\"Program Files"\Sandboxie\Start.exe /box:BOXNAME "H:\batch\ACCOUNTLOGIN.bat"

b) load up your favorite tf2 item manager, with a .bat that contains this:
    start C:\"Program Files"\Sandboxie\Start.exe /box:BOXNAME "H:\Tools\item_manager.exe"

Make sure the steam account and the tool load up in the same sandbox, not a different one, because the tool won't be able to load up your inventory via steam api query.

All set, just craft your metal, and when you're done, send stuff on main or whatever.

Easy? Indeed...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

6. Post #1006
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,208 Posts
    This thing is not working, everytime I'm login to steam it tells me I have not enough disk space to run this game, any help?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events

7. Post #1007
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    847 Posts
    How do i fix this bug: when i try to trade sandboxed steam often hangs for too much time and trade gets expired. I used to trade via in-game trade but now they disabled that feature. Steam trade is too damn unstable. Now my main account doesn't get trading page while alt does.

Edited:

This thing is not working, everytime I'm login to steam it tells me I have not enough disk space to run this game, any help?
    GCF problem. Look into it, maybe you didn't copy steam folder?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Russian Federation Show Events

8. Post #1008
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,924 Posts
    I have 6 and it takes me 10 minutes to trade it all to my main then craft it. I just trade the items to my main one at a time, then close that account's Steam as I go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #1009
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,575 Posts

Well.. depending on the last time I did it. Hm.. every weeks seems to be a waste of time though.
    4 until now, got 6 more a week ago. i used to do it all in 20 mins, now probably 1 hour
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events

10. Post #1010
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,208 Posts

Edited:

GCF problem. Look into it, maybe you didn't copy steam folder?
    I think I found the problem, I can't access the steamapps folder via the shortcuts on each idle account folder, it says that it cannot find the directory. I double checked every time, the direction IS correct and yes, I run the cmd as admin. Help?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events

11. Post #1011

January 2012
    25 Posts
    Hello.
    Can somebody help me with servers issue?

http://i43.tinypic.com/r05v6h.png
    What is wrong?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

12. Post #1012
    @@
    January 2012
    138 Posts
    Nothing is wrong.

13. Post #1013
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    847 Posts
    I think I found the problem, I can't access the steamapps folder via the shortcuts on each idle account folder, it says that it cannot find the directory. I double checked every time, the direction IS correct and yes, I run the cmd as admin. Help?
    Did you use Shortcuts? or Symlinks\Junctions? Also, make sure that sandboxed steam has access to your original steamapps directory.

If you have a steamapps, lets say in X:\Steam\steamapps and you symlinked it to Y:\SteamIdle\steamapps then you must grant Full Access to both of these directories in sandboxie. Like that: http://gyazo.com/65f68914bdc6bc5c5ee60b65b3ee7690 also applies to NTFS file permissions.

14. Post #1014
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,575 Posts
    Did you use Shortcuts? or Symlinks\Junctions? Also, make sure that sandboxed steam has access to your original steamapps directory.

If you have a steamapps, lets say in X:\Steam\steamapps and you symlinked it to Y:\SteamIdle\steamapps then you must grant Full Access to both of these directories in sandboxie. Like that: http://gyazo.com/65f68914bdc6bc5c5ee60b65b3ee7690 also applies to NTFS file permissions.
    might as well give sandboxie permission to the entire drive. it's not like we're trying to contain something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events

15. Post #1015

January 2012
    25 Posts
    Nothing is wrong.
    But there are 3 strange steam messages: 1) "S3: client connected with expired ticket: UserID: 2" and 2) "Steam Validation rejected".
    Also, the message: "*** connected" didn't appear ==> Idling doesn't work. 3) "tf_server_identify_account_id not set; not logging into registered account"
    Any ideas?

16. Post #1016
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,924 Posts
    2 and 3 are messages I get as well and it works fine for me.

Have you put +map itemtest in the launch config?

17. Post #1017

January 2012
    25 Posts
    2 and 3 are messages I get as well and it works fine for me.

Have you put +map itemtest in the launch config?
    Yeap.
    start /low C:\X\X\Steam.exe -login X X -applaunch 440 -textmode -novid -nosound -noipx -nojoy -nopreload -sw -nocrashdialog -noshader -noborder -width 640 -height 480 +map itemtest +sv_password X +exec idle.cfg
    For all accounts.

18. Post #1018
    @@
    January 2012
    138 Posts
    But there are 3 strange steam messages: 1) "S3: client connected with expired ticket: UserID: 2" and 2) "Steam Validation rejected".
    Also, the message: "*** connected" didn't appear ==> Idling doesn't work. 3) "tf_server_identify_account_id not set; not logging into registered account"
    Any ideas?
    everyone gets those, it's fine.

19. Post #1019

January 2012
    25 Posts
    Ok, how i can to check that my accounts not banned?

20. Post #1020
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    847 Posts
    Ok, how i can to check that my accounts not banned?
    open its profile, in right column is shown VAC status

21. Post #1021
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    I have 20 accounts and I can get the job done in 2-3 hours, including trading.

My tip: get one of the tf2 item managers that were linked in this thread, and put it to use.

If you're using sandboxie, here's what you need to do:

a) start your account in normal mode, using a .bat that contains:
    C:\"Program Files"\Sandboxie\Start.exe /box:BOXNAME "H:\batch\ACCOUNTLOGIN.bat"

b) load up your favorite tf2 item manager, with a .bat that contains this:
    start C:\"Program Files"\Sandboxie\Start.exe /box:BOXNAME "H:\Tools\item_manager.exe"

Make sure the steam account and the tool load up in the same sandbox, not a different one, because the tool won't be able to load up your inventory via steam api query.

All set, just craft your metal, and when you're done, send stuff on main or whatever.

Easy? Indeed...
    Say what. Link me the post where there are thee Tf2 item managers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #1022

January 2012
    25 Posts
    open its profile, in right column is shown VAC status
    Thank you.
    Ok, i'll check next part of item's.

23. Post #1023
    August 2011
    608 Posts
    Say what. Link me the post where there are thee Tf2 item managers.
    Nooch himself linked to one of them:
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/110...1#post33327518

You can also search google for a tf2 item manager. You will find two working versions.

This...

LE: Edited Nooch's name. My bad...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #1024
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,924 Posts
    Notch himself linked to one of them:
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/110...1#post33327518

You can also search google for a tf2 item manager. You will find two working versions.

This...
    *nooch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

25. Post #1025
    November 2011
    10,659 Posts
    a maximum of 2 steam accounts every 31 days. I get my next 2 premium accounts on the 27/28th for example because I premiumed my last 2 accounts on the 27th of Jan. hope this clears things.
    does that mean that I can make for example 10 f2p accounts in one day but can only upgrade two of them to premium with the same paypal adress per month?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #1026
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,610 Posts

2 hours for 8?
    Dear god. I have 18 and I do it all in less than an hour, manually.
    Don't know what the hell you guys are doing.

Edit:
    Oh wait you guys don't do it every week, that's why. Nevermind
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1027
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    I don't want to do it every week..

Then it seems like a chore.

28. Post #1028
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,924 Posts
    You can use the scrap bot to skip the whole process of crafting

Edited:

oh wait, it's down at the moment because Valve made in-game trading use steam trading.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #1029
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    4,748 Posts

Edited:

oh wait, it's down at the moment because Valve made in-game trading use steam trading.
    in-game being steam trading is such bullshit

i can't even trade with people anymore because the overlay keeps having heart attacks and makes it look like im ignoring them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #1030
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,575 Posts

Edited:

they have to rewrite the entire thing...

Edited:

the overlay trading is shit indeed because it's just a website. it's not even using local files as it should
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #1031
    @@
    January 2012
    138 Posts
    http://www.jengerer.com/item_manager/

Crafting is so much easier with that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #1032

February 2012
    6 Posts
    Hello, have some problems with idling.
    My configuration: intel i3 2100 @ 3.1 GHz, 16 Gb RAM.
    Run 16 accounts. If i try to run another 4 - steam starting through sanbox, begins running the server and then server console windows closes without error, and steam processes hang in sanbox.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/88rjh
    1 - normal running servers 1-16, 2 - hung processes 17-20
    How to run another 4 accounts and why that might be? Because i don't know whether it is possible to see the logs.

33. Post #1033
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,924 Posts
    Run 16 accounts. If i try to run another 4 - steam starting through sanbox, begins running the server and then server console windows closes without error, and steam processes hang in sanbox.

How to run another 4 accounts and why that might be? Because i don't know whether it is possible to see the logs.
    You might have to start idling in groups. Like launch 10 accounts in one idling sessions, then 10 another idling session.

34. Post #1034

February 2012
    6 Posts
    You might have to start idling in groups. Like launch 10 accounts in one idling sessions, then 10 another idling session.
    But why: weak PC, IP accounts limit, sandbox error, steam error? How i can to know what was that?

35. Post #1035
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    What's the command to idling in item test?

36. Post #1036
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,924 Posts
    -applaunch 440 -textmode +map itemtest

when it boils down to it that's all you need.

Edited:

What's the command to idling in item test?
    you would have thought that you would know how to idle by being in this thread long enough...

37. Post #1037
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    -applaunch 440 -textmode +map itemtest

when it boils down to it that's all you need.

Edited:

you would have thought that you would know how to idle by being in this thread long enough...
    I do.

But I forgot.

38. Post #1038
    Gold Member

February 2008
    5,016 Posts

Actually I'm curious. How much RAM are those accounts eating up out of your 16GB? 16 accounts is a lot but I can't imagine it using more than 8GB in a worst case scenario.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #1039

February 2012
    6 Posts
    Actually I'm curious. How much RAM are those accounts eating up out of your 16GB? 16 accounts is a lot but I can't imagine it using more than 8GB in a worst case scenario.
    11 Gb.
    Is there anyone running the 20 accounts at once, without idling groups?

40. Post #1040

January 2012
    25 Posts
    Is there anyone running the 20 accounts at once, without idling groups?
    I also curious.