1. Post #1361

June 2012
    16 Posts
    Captain Obvious was probably on leave for the weekend. But he's back!

The ways described above can and should be used with accounts that already have some stuff on them. For instance you have 10 ref and some paints on a F2P account and you want to make them tradable.

But for those, who are just starting their farms I can offer clean premium accounts. Yet account selling is against the steam agreement. So I guess you'd better add me on steam/skype or just pm me. Just to make sure that no accs get blocked.

Cheers!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events

2. Post #1362
    April 2012
    11 Posts
    Captain Obvious was probably on leave for the weekend. But he's back!

The ways described above can and should be used with accounts that already have some stuff on them. For instance you have 10 ref and some paints on a F2P account and you want to make them tradable.

But for those, who are just starting their farms I can offer clean premium accounts. Yet account selling is against the steam agreement. So I guess you'd better add me on steam/skype or just pm me. Just to make sure that no accs get blocked.

Cheers!
    I sent you a friend request on steam, waiting for a reply
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #1363
    May 2011
    1 Posts
    Anyone else experiencing problems idling a large number of accounts?

I've been idling since 2010, ten accounts at a time (I have 101 accounts total). Recently I've been seeing a lot of hl2.exe errors and TF2 textmode taking up an enormous amount of memory. I've tried several things, including switching up the map used for idling, changing start up options, and changing the base install method but nothing's worked so far. I also have 3 installations spread across 2 different PCs, so this is not an issue related to one installation.

While there was a time when I could run 20 accounts at once, I am now limited to running only 4-5 consecutively.

Did TF2 recently take on a huge memory leak? Did they Eff up textmode somehow?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

4. Post #1364
    Laz

June 2012
    1 Posts
    Anyone else experiencing problems idling a large number of accounts?

I've been idling since 2010, ten accounts at a time (I have 101 accounts total). Recently I've been seeing a lot of hl2.exe errors and TF2 textmode taking up an enormous amount of memory. I've tried several things, including switching up the map used for idling, changing start up options, and changing the base install method but nothing's worked so far. I also have 3 installations spread across 2 different PCs, so this is not an issue related to one installation.

While there was a time when I could run 20 accounts at once, I am now limited to running only 4-5 consecutively.

Did TF2 recently take on a huge memory leak? Did they Eff up textmode somehow?
    Same problem here, can only run a few at a time now, otherwise hl2.exe crashes. It's likely a problem on Valve's end, hopefully it gets fixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

5. Post #1365
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,925 Posts
    Same here as well, been running 6 accounts simultaneously fine for a while, now can only run 3, and the other 3 crash.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #1366
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,610 Posts
    Yeah, I just got it too.

I watched the windows as they crashed, I saw it spamming a lot of stuff about "Reference count for Material"

7. Post #1367
    im gay
    July 2007
    3,641 Posts
    It happens after some updates. Delete the entire team fortress 2 folder from steamapps/<your alt name here> and run the idle script again. Steam should regenerate it and it will run again with no problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

8. Post #1368

June 2012
    16 Posts
    I sent you a friend request on steam, waiting for a reply
    Been away from my computer for some days. Will accept as soon as I get to my home PC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events

9. Post #1369
    August 2011
    226 Posts
    Before HL2 crash, you can see a huge list of error defiling (could not load model/texture etc...).
    Deleting the corresponding steamapps folders fixed these crash for me too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

10. Post #1370
    Master Cheese Tactician
    August 2011
    947 Posts
    is there usually a double drop week in the summer event?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

11. Post #1371

January 2012
    243 Posts
    Trading my own premium acc's (2011 reg) for 2 keys each. PM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events

12. Post #1372

June 2012
    16 Posts
    I'm sorry guys, but i'll have to withdraw my proposal. It's too much hassle - dealing with russian proxies. If i find a better way - i'll let you know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

13. Post #1373
    my portfolio
    Dennab
    April 2012
    1,392 Posts
    It's too much hassle - dealing with russian proxies.
    Why Russian proxies?

14. Post #1374
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,925 Posts
    Why Russian proxies?
    In Russia there is a service which allows you to add funds to your Steam wallet under the minimum $5/5/4, this means you can get alt accounts for as cheap as the cheapest weapon on the store, like 0.30 or $0.40 whatever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

15. Post #1375
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,610 Posts
    Anybody else getting "Client.dll Init() in library client failed." when they try to start up tf2 on an alt?

16. Post #1376
    March 2012
    94 Posts
    Anybody else getting "Client.dll Init() in library client failed." when they try to start up tf2 on an alt?
    I do. Redownloaded the tf2, will say if it works.
    By the way, Steam support said that they don't do anything if you idling. I've been too honest with them :D

17. Post #1377
    June 2007
    234 Posts
    I'm interested in this russian site thing

Does allow any major credit card? It might be easy to setup using a russian VPN
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Mexico Show Events

18. Post #1378

July 2011
    111 Posts
    Delete the team fortress 2/bin folder of each account and it should work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

19. Post #1379
    March 2012
    94 Posts
    Delete the team fortress 2/bin folder of each account and it should work
    It works, but not in all situations.
    And if it works the launch of the 15-20 accs will be slow as turtle.

20. Post #1380

July 2011
    111 Posts
    I had this bug also, deleting the /bin folder is working for me. It takes more time to launch because Steam recreates that folder. You should launch 3 accounts per time to not stress your hd.

21. Post #1381
    August 2011
    628 Posts
    I can launch 15 accs on vmware+sandboxie without problems.

Also, I fixed the client.dll error by deleting the steamapp client folders.

I'm anxiously waiting for the summer events that Valve has prepared for us :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

22. Post #1382

July 2011
    111 Posts
    If someone is wondering the item server is having problems since last night, just 1-3 drops per account and that's it

23. Post #1383

August 2011
    23 Posts
    If someone is wondering the item server is having problems since last night, just 1-3 drops per account and that's it
    yeah i can confirm that. only 3-4 items what the fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

24. Post #1384
    Gold Member

February 2008
    5,016 Posts
    "Connection to game coordinator established"

This is new and I'd imagine this is likely something related with the issues you're experiencing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #1385
    July 2010
    10 Posts
    "Connection to game coordinator established"

This is new and I'd imagine this is likely something related with the issues you're experiencing.
    I can confirm that across 7 accounts, all of which got 0 items, that this is the error that appeared on all of them. They have all been idle for 10 hours so far today.

26. Post #1386
    April 2012
    11 Posts
    deleting team fortress 2/bin folder fixed the client.dll error for me too

27. Post #1387
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,214 Posts
    I hadn't idled for about a month but I ran the idle accounts in the last couple of days and haven't had any issues - I think I got about 12 drops from each of them, and one dropped a series 40 and a rouge's col roule.

I'm pretty sure I recall seeing the game coordinator message in the console window too so I'm not sure if it is actually an issue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

28. Post #1388
    March 2012
    94 Posts
    And for now i'm getting this problem. Already did everything, even reinstalled Steam and Tf2.
    Is there any fix for that?

29. Post #1389

July 2011
    111 Posts
    And for now i'm getting this problem. Already did everything, even reinstalled Steam and Tf2.
    Is there any fix for that?
    This problem usually happens when a idle account start updating when there are other accounts using the TF2 files. All accounts will try to validate the TF2 files over and over. My fix for it is copying all the TF2 gfc files from my main steamapps folder to the copy of steamapps folder that's shared with the idle accounts. So when a update is out, don't open more than one account or that bug will happen. And terminate all idle accounts, don't just close the game, else all accounts will try to update it.

I hadn't idled for about a month but I ran the idle accounts in the last couple of days and haven't had any issues - I think I got about 12 drops from each of them, and one dropped a series 40 and a rouge's col roule.

I'm pretty sure I recall seeing the game coordinator message in the console window too so I'm not sure if it is actually an issue.
    It happened only that day, the item server probably had a bad patch

30. Post #1390
    August 2011
    628 Posts
    It's curious, regarding the premium vs free accounts drop rate.

During a 12hr period, tested on 20 premiums and 20 f2p accounts:
    - premium got 10 items (+ boxes, some hats)
    - free got 13 items (+ tags, boxes, colors)

I'm definitely going with f2p accounts for the moment, since they grab more loot.

I mean:
    3 hats vs 10 name tags

Any winners? Name tags pls...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #1391
    March 2012
    94 Posts
    It's curious, regarding the premium vs free accounts drop rate.

During a 12hr period, tested on 20 premiums and 20 f2p accounts:
    - premium got 10 items (+ boxes, some hats)
    - free got 13 items (+ tags, boxes, colors)

I'm definitely going with f2p accounts for the moment, since they grab more loot.

I mean:
    3 hats vs 10 name tags

Any winners? Name tags pls...
    Yeah i tried this. Almost every account get salvaged crate from 5 weeks of idling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #1392

January 2012
    23 Posts
    i am having trouble with trading between the accounts when i use the sandboxie account my steam trade is blank and the regular one says steam community error

33. Post #1393

July 2011
    111 Posts
    i am having trouble with trading between the accounts when i use the sandboxie account my steam trade is blank and the regular one says steam community error
    Closee all accounts, then delete the winui.gfc (located on steamapps folder), steam will redownload it. If the problem persists after that, run a search on your Steam folder and delete all instances of friendsUI.dll.

Other solution is just restarting Steam, trade will work but that won't solve the problem for good.

34. Post #1394

January 2012
    243 Posts
    Looking for nice item manager, coz last one not working anymore after few patches.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events

35. Post #1395

June 2012
    1 Posts
    Could you help me? I have sandboxie(registered). I get an error. You can make video for idle guide? Sorry, i don't know english. Thanks you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Turkey Show Events

36. Post #1396

July 2011
    111 Posts
    > Internet
    > 2012
    > Can't speak english

37. Post #1397
    June 2011
    1,134 Posts
    So I want to look at means of making my idling slightly more efficient. My instances still take up a fair amount. Here's what I use now (no configs, just this). Any suggestions on what I should add or do?

Steam.exe -login XXXXX XXXXXX -applaunch 440 -textmode -novid -nosound +sv_pure 0 +sv_lan 0 +map "itemtest" +mp_timelimit 0 +sv_password XXXXXX +sv_pure_kick_clients 0 +sv_cheats 0 -maxplayers 2 -nopreload -noipx
    X's replace personal info, obviously. beyond that, what else should I add to make this eat less resources?

38. Post #1398

July 2011
    111 Posts
    You're using +map, that means each account will also create a server and that's bad. You need to setup just one account to act as a server and use +connect ip on the other accounts.

39. Post #1399
    June 2011
    1,134 Posts
    You're using +map, that means each account will also create a server and that's bad. You need to setup just one account to act as a server and use +connect ip on the other accounts.
    I never could get port forwarding to work right. I shall try again though.

Another thing. If I did set this up--I don't run on the stablest internet connection (occasionally it drops). But if I set each up to be a server, it always will reconnect and continue giving drops after said internet connection drops. If my other clients drop, will they auto-reconnect or no? (if not can I put the occasional retry command in there somehow?)

40. Post #1400

July 2011
    111 Posts
    Connect to your server using the local IP, not the internet IP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)