1. Post #521
    Formerly Shotgunguy49
    July 2008
    4,464 Posts
    I made a grilled cheese sandwich with garlic butter and bacon.

My girlfriend wanted the same thing minus the garlic butter, but she wanted me to put Snowcaps in it. It honestly wasn't that bad, it was really good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #522
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,446 Posts
    I made a grilled cheese sandwich with garlic butter and bacon.

My girlfriend wanted the same thing minus the garlic butter, but she wanted me to put Snowcaps in it. It honestly wasn't that bad, it was really good.
    Why does it look green D:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #523
    Formerly Shotgunguy49
    July 2008
    4,464 Posts
    Why does it look green D:
    Because it took an artsy fartsy picture in Instagram.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #524
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,456 Posts
    Made a really nice grilled leg of lamb, grilled shrimp, grilled asparagus, and pasta salad

I took a picture of it but it didn't save or something idk
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

5. Post #525
    January 2012
    947 Posts
    Pasta, Bread Sticks, Pizza, Mtn Dew, Doritos. Best meal I had ever coming back from school.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

6. Post #526
    Dennab
    August 2011
    2,159 Posts
    This thread made me hungry. :L
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

7. Post #527

May 2011
    1,095 Posts
    Pistachios

My mouth feels terrible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #528
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,872 Posts

Wieners again.

Just cut them however you think an octopus looks and fry them with oil.

Don't ask why, please..
    That makes me want to eat fried baby octopi.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #529
    own-fucking-zone
    April 2009
    4,016 Posts
    How a Saturday night turns successful for me.

1. Pull out generic pizza from freezer
    2. Immediately discover the obvious absence of bacon
    3. Throw pizza in oven
    4. Fry bacon
    5. Scatter bacon all over the pizza
    6. Enjoy a Cult while eating

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

10. Post #530
    April 2010
    878 Posts
    Egg + Bacon sandwich, with the bacon being crispy as fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #531
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,316 Posts
    Currently in progress:

Plum glazed roast duck (trying to get the skin to crisp up!) with stir fried vegetables dressed with a little homemade sweet chilli sauce and noodles.

Served with a nice Australian Riesling which I'm drinking most of while cooking
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

12. Post #532
    June 2010
    3,836 Posts
    I just ate some ribs for breakfest and had a large glass of Arnold Palmer ice tea.
    fucking god tier drink right there

my school sells them i buy them every other day
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

13. Post #533
    April 2011
    1,765 Posts
    just made some fettuccine and shrimp with a from scratch cream sauce (sort of alfredo-ish) oh my god it's fantastic.
    the sauce could have been thicker but that's an easy fix for next time.

Edited:

i also made some wings the other day for a party, sauce is also from scratch.
    they were good, really good, but a bit spicy.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

14. Post #534
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,316 Posts
    Currently in progress:

Plum glazed roast duck (trying to get the skin to crisp up!) with stir fried vegetables dressed with a little homemade sweet chilli sauce and noodles.

Served with a nice Australian Riesling which I'm drinking most of while cooking
    UPDATE: the skin didn't crisp up as well as i'd hoped but the sauce i used for the vegetables turned out really delicious. literally just rice wine vinegar & sugar simmered to make a syrup then added finely chopped red chilli (seeds and all) then just allowed to simmer even further. was tasty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #535
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,165 Posts
    Currently eating a sort of sausage soup for starters, quite tasty although my enjoyment is hampered somewhat by the presence of beans and peas in it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #536
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,869 Posts
    Homemade tomato soup from scratch (first time I made tomato soup) as appetizer, and whale meat wrapped in bacon with a sweet wok that my friend made for main course. The tomato soup turned out really well, especially with the tarragon cream I made for it. The main course was also delicious, and the sweetness of the wok had the job of covering the metallic aftertaste from the whale blood.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

17. Post #537
    Chief of facepunch medical staff
    December 2006
    18,448 Posts
    wow, where did you get the whale meat from? is it tasty?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #538
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,869 Posts
    By living on an island far north in Norway. And yes it was tasty, but a bit too much blood taste, which the wok covered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #539
    April 2012
    1,399 Posts
    Cheddar cheese rolled on shaggies.
    Planning to do a fuckstatic chocolate cake this sunday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

20. Post #540
    Formerly Shotgunguy49
    July 2008
    4,464 Posts
    I made a grilled cheese sandwich with jalapeno poppers again, but this time I added deep fried macaroni and cheese wedges.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #541
    September 2011
    238 Posts
    I had an apple. It was apple-y
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #542
    January 2012
    223 Posts
    A friend offered me McDonalds fries.

3/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #543
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,165 Posts
    Sausages and potato cake, the potato cake being made from last night's mashed potato, which had both regular potato and sweet potato in it. It was ok, though I enjoyed the sausages more. Tomorrow's gonna be roast duck, which I look forward to since I LOVE duck, and I absolutely ADORE roast potatoes when they're roasted with the correct fats.

Also had a coupla Ferrero Rochers, which are rather nice even if they're a little bit outta date. Had some red wine as well, didn't ask which kind it was, and probably shouldn't since Mum and Ro are watching The Bridge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

24. Post #544
    RusSlayer
    Nature Valley Granola Bars. I have a 96 pack of them, and I have to say, it was the best choice of my life.

10/10 Flawless
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete

25. Post #545
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,611 Posts
    Cadbury boost bar and a cup of english breakfast tea
    10/10 especially when listening to the local jazz radio
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

26. Post #546
    May 2012
    142 Posts
    Just made a bowl of Macaroni & Cheese
    Followed all the "Classic Dirrections"
    It tastes amazing.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #547
    October 2009
    6,412 Posts
    Just made scrambled eggs with salami thrown in.

Pretty decent breakfast, seeing that I only have the light in my fridge at the moment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

28. Post #548
    Fuck Arnold Palmer
    April 2011
    8,677 Posts

Macaroni with ground beef, garlic powder, ketchup and feta cheese
    Excellent
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Useful Useful x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #549
    December 2006
    18,448 Posts
    that feta looks amazingly over processed
    and as for the ketchup, why would you do that? :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #550
    Fuck Arnold Palmer
    April 2011
    8,677 Posts
    that feta looks amazingly over processed
    and as for the ketchup, why would you do that? :(
    Yeah, the feta wasn't that good in the end.
    BUT, KETCHUP, WHY NOT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

31. Post #551
    December 2006
    18,448 Posts
    because why would you substitute proper flavouring for crap like ketchup?

there are so many more tasty things you could have done with pasta and mince, ketchup just seems like a bad choice.

but you're far from alone, i know many people who do that :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #552
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,310 Posts
    because why would you substitute proper flavouring for crap like ketchup?

there are so many more tasty things you could have done with pasta and mince, ketchup just seems like a bad choice.

but you're far from alone, i know many people who do that :c
    Hey you leave tomato sauce alone, I have it with every damn meal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #553
    December 2006
    18,448 Posts
    and let me guess, you don't even try the food before throwing ketchup all over it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

34. Post #554
    July 2010
    878 Posts
    spicy jerky

11/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

35. Post #555
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,310 Posts
    Well I don't put tomato sauce on crisps and ice lollies if that counts?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #556
    January 2012
    14 Posts
    Tried to make Ramen with eggs in it, but i over cooked the eggs :(
    (it supposed to be like poached eggs)

It was my first time cook Ramen, i'm gonna try cooking it again tomorrow.
    I'm looking for recipes with sausage in it.
    Also i got ingredients like garlic powder, tomato paste, tomato sauce (home made with fresh tomatoes), soy sauce, chicken stock.
    I could buy any veggies tomorrow, i heard putting fresh (green) onions in Ramen is good idea.
    Should i also get some chicken breasts and put it in too ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Turkey Show Events

37. Post #557
    June 2011
    325 Posts

Craisins. Sweet, dried cranberry goodness. Delicious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #558
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,723 Posts
    Yeah, the feta wasn't that good in the end.
    BUT, KETCHUP, WHY NOT
    a jar of tomato sauce would of worked better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #559
    Dennab
    July 2009
    1,150 Posts
    first post in cooking O:

So me and my pals decided to fry up some chicken today, what we uncovered was amazing.

we grabbed a few chickens and started off with a basic dry coating of flour garlic powder cayenne pepper paprika black pepper and a bit of cornstarch. Okay now the fun part, grab 2 large bags of doritos (we chose nacho flavor I'm sure cool ranch would be delicious too) and dump one bag into your food processor, blend until a fine powder and mix with your flour mixture. then throw in the other bag and process until resembles bread crumbs. We threw the chicken in the flour>egg wash>slightly larger crumbs, ensuring every bit of dorito goodness is coated on make sure you press firmly on the chicken, dont shake any off, and then straight to the pan, a great way to tell when fried chicken is done is to estimate how heavy the chicken is before and after, as chicken cooks in oil it looses water and becomes significantly lighter. Served up with butter-n-Parmesan macaroni it was fucking delicious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #560
    June 2010
    6,357 Posts
    Great fucking vegetable soup holy fuck. I'll post pics tomorrow but GOD DAMN THAT WAS GREAT.

Recipe:

Get:
    Two big cups full of water
    6 little red potato things
    1/2 a white onion
    3-4 carrots, I used three big ones
    Can of kidney beans
    Can of green beans
    Can of sweet corn
    2 celery stalks
    Frozen peas
    Little can of tomato paste
    Bit of flour
    Marjoram
    Parsley
    Oregano
    Thyme
    Crushed garlic
    Salt
    Pepper
    Beef base
    Chicken base
    Coffee of your choosing

Saute your onions, add your water, tomato paste, carrots and potatoes. Let it simmer for about 20 minutes, then add your beans, green beans and a splash of your coffee, just trust me. Let simmer for another bit. Add your flour, stir fucking good. Add your spices, stir fucking good. Add your corn and peas, let warm for about 5-10 minutes and eat that shit. It is fucking GREAT.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events