1. Post #6161
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,309 Posts
    What about ZTE? :(
    ZTE, from what I heard, is pretty damn good at 'budget' category.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #6162
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,728 Posts
    If it isn't on the market, Android or Amazon, you're out of luck and your best bet is to frequent the thread on XDA that would have it.
    The actual app is on the android market, its just that android market won't update it, becauseI didn't buy it

(User was banned for this post ("Warez." - Seiteki))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

3. Post #6163
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,414 Posts
    ZTE, from what I heard, is pretty damn good at 'budget' category.
    Huawei doesn't seem that bad either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

4. Post #6164
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,378 Posts
    The actual app is on the android market, its just that android market won't update it, becauseI didn't buy it
    So you're expecting updates for a pirated app?

Good luck with that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

5. Post #6165
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,214 Posts
    According to my battery usage history, gallery used 37% of my battery, with display using 29%. I never even open it, and I use quickpic. What can be causing this issue?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

6. Post #6166
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,728 Posts
    So you're expecting updates for a pirated app?

Good luck with that.
    Dawwwwww, so basically those pirated aps are outdated, lol.

Some have their own updater so those are good, but the ones that don't....

Edited:

So what is the best keyboard to use for 160 LCD density? I hate the Samsung keyboard (SGSII). I tried "Hacker's Keyboard," but the suggestions don't come up.

Also, I reset to factory settings, and rooted again on my Sprint SGSII. Restored apk's only with MyBackup root, and none of the apps are under My Apps in the Market...
    Swiftkey x has really good word prediction, th best iv seen so far by it is $3.99. Not too expensive but I would wait tilla price drop or sale, it was free on amazon app store one day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

7. Post #6167
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,214 Posts
    Actually, I think it is that new Go Launcher lock screen. It says *wakelock* for a second before it says Gallery.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

8. Post #6168
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,378 Posts
    What's the best phone in the UK for £200 PAYG?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #6169
    June 2010
    255 Posts
    Well since my contract with sprint ended I was thinking of switching to verizon and get the Galaxy SII, but when I go there they don't carry it and tell me to get the Driod Charge. I want the Galaxy SII, what to do? Go back to sprint?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #6170
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,084 Posts
    going to get a new phone around january, what would be the best phone available then?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #6171
    June 2010
    255 Posts
    I may be wrong the the Google Nexus coming out sounds like it will beat the Galaxy SII, maybe that one may be the one for you in January.

12. Post #6172
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,084 Posts
    wow this tablet gives me a hardon
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/09/t...splay-12-hour/

but yeah, I was thinking of the galaxy nexus, it looks pretty awesome even though it doesn't have an sd card slot for some reason
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #6173
    Galaxy Nexus or Droid Razr, cannot decide. The only thing the Galaxy Nexus has going for it really is Android 4.0

14. Post #6174
    June 2010
    255 Posts
    Most of the newer androids will get Ice Cream Sandwich, just not right away like the Nexus.

15. Post #6175
    Most of the newer androids will get Ice Cream Sandwich, just not right away like the Nexus.
    Hence why I was looking at the Droid Razr, because soon enough it'll get Android 4.0. I'm just concerned about the locked bootloader, it doesn't sound good, but I'm not 100% sure what that means.

16. Post #6176
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    Hence why I was looking at the Droid Razr, because soon enough it'll get Android 4.0. I'm just concerned about the locked bootloader, it doesn't sound good, but I'm not 100% sure what that means.
    It means the devs first have to unlock the bootloader to load real custom ROMs on it, and Motorola is notorious for locking them down really tight (I think they use RSA-1024).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

17. Post #6177
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    It means the devs first have to unlock the bootloader to load real custom ROMs on it, and Motorola is notorious for locking them down really tight (I think they use RSA-1024).
    Last I heard, it was AES-256. Not good, either way.

18. Post #6178
    Thanks for the explanation, but why would they do that? What do they have against custom roms?

19. Post #6179
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,378 Posts
    Thanks for the explanation, but why would they do that? What do they have against custom roms?
    Apple will sue for attempting to copy jailbreaking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

20. Post #6180
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,644 Posts
    My dad is buying my sister her first good phone, we want it to be decent (Better than my Optimus T, or at least similar) and our budget is $200-ish.

We're on T-mobile, no-contract is a must but used is not out of the question.

Looking at Samsung Exhibit II 4G right now, any suggestions welcome.

21. Post #6181
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    404 Posts
    Galaxy Nexus or Droid Razr, cannot decide. The only thing the Galaxy Nexus has going for it really is Android 4.0
    NFC, 720p Super AMOLED display (which is generally better received than SLCD or IPS), ICS is optimised for OMAP processors, FAST camera, ergonomic design, lack of hardware buttons, dock connector (yet to see anything good coming out of this yet, but if there's a car dock that'd be a sure winner)

Plus stock Android, inevitable dev community and timely updates

Droid RAZR is stuck with Motorola's skin, bloatware, I've heard that whilst incredibly thin, is really wide and tall
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

22. Post #6182
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts
    HTC Ville is out with a concept render, interesting specs too.
    http://www.bgr.com/2011/11/09/htc-vi...r-than-iphone/

We just got the scoop on another brand new HTC handset, which will be part of the company’s Mobile World Congress announcements alongside the HTC Edge we detailed yesterday. The HTC Ville (codename) is set to launch in April with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and, for the first time, HTC Sense 4.0. The smartphone will feature a 4.3-inch qHD Super AMOLED display, and is powered by a 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon Series 4 processor. In addition to those specifications, the HTC Ville will house an 8-megapixel backside-illuminated camera, just like the one on the HTC Edge, with 1080p HD video capture support. We’re told the handset won’t feature NFC due to the metal construction of the case, and it will be less than 8mm thick, we understand. Lastly, it will be a HSPA+ device powered by a 1,650 mAh battery, and of course Beats audio processing will be included as well.

Ugh. I think it's pretty important that it has LTE since it's a Snapdragon S4, a 2000 mAh battery would be nice, 1280x720 4.5 inch display would be better seeing as how the Galaxy Nexus already has one. I'd be okay with around 9-10 mm thickness, and just a soft-touch plastic construction that would make it lighter and make it possible to have NFC.

Goddammit, this better be a mid-range device and HTC pulls another Evo 4G out of their hat with a 4.5 inch 720p SAMOLED or S-LCD2 or AH-IPS, 1.7 GHz Snapdragon S4, LTE, HSPA+, EDGE/GPRS/GSM, 1.5 GB-2GB of RAM, 16 GB internal NAND with microSD, 2000 mAh battery, 9 mm thick, NFC, ICS, less than 135g mass, unlocked bootloader from the very start with full source code for bootloaders, radio NVRAM, and for their ROMs/kernels. For bootloaders and radio NVRAM access I suppose they could create a system in which people have to sign NDAs or something similar in order to gain access to it if there is something critically important about them that needs to be kept secret, but otherwise it should be as open a phone as possible for development of all kinds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #6183
    I really don't like the design of the Galaxy Nexus though. The curved screen and the ugly camera position and back looks really cheaply made.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #6184
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    910 Posts
    Ok so at&t are offering 2 new phones HTC vivid for $199 and the Galaxy SII skyrocket for 250 that are right now the only 4g LTE phones on the network.

How do these compare to the galaxy SII?

25. Post #6185
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts
    Ok so at&t are offering 2 new phones HTC vivid for $199 and the Galaxy SII skyrocket for 250 that are right now the only 4g LTE phones on the network.

How do these compare to the galaxy SII?
    The only advantage is that they have LTE. The Skyrocket will have less dev support (porting from i9100 will be a bitch, the i777 is easily ported with button remap and i777 kernel/modem.), less performance, less battery life, lower DPI, and is just all around meh.

I'm going to get the i777 on Saturday, the HTC Vivid has serious problems and the Skyrocket is just meh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

26. Post #6186
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    404 Posts
    I really don't like the design of the Galaxy Nexus though. The curved screen and the ugly camera position and back looks really cheaply made.
    It seems to look a lot better in real life than in the marketing photos, watch any video, eg.

Also I'm skeptical as to how many stock applications (which have all been vastly improved for ICS, eg. launcher, contacts) will make it onto non-nexus phones

Plus CRT-off

27. Post #6187
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    910 Posts
    The only advantage is that they have LTE. The Skyrocket will have less dev support (porting from i9100 will be a bitch, the i777 is easily ported with button remap and i777 kernel/modem.), less performance, less battery life, lower DPI, and is just all around meh.

I'm going to get the i777 on Saturday, the HTC Vivid has serious problems and the Skyrocket is just meh.
    so you suggest I go for the sII?

28. Post #6188
    It seems to look a lot better in real life than in the marketing photos, watch any video, eg.

Also I'm skeptical as to how many stock applications (which have all been vastly improved for ICS, eg. launcher, contacts) will make it onto non-nexus phones

Plus CRT-off
    Mmm, it really does. The back of the phone is still pretty bad-looking. But it looks a lot better in this review than I thought it would look. I might actually get this instead now... but there's still no US release date from what I've heard, and it might be delayed.

29. Post #6189
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts
    so you suggest I go for the sII?
    If you're going to root/flash ROMs, get the i777, not the Skyrocket. I will guarantee you the i777 will get an ICS port first.

30. Post #6190
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,962 Posts
    Did first Tegra 2 devices have any problems with compatibility and stuff like that? And were they worse than the T2 devices which came out later?
    I am going to buy Asus prime and I am not sure if it's worth it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events

31. Post #6191
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    404 Posts
    Did first Tegra 2 devices have any problems with compatibility and stuff like that? And were they worse than the T2 devices which came out later?
    I am going to buy Asus prime and I am not sure if it's worth it
    I think the only Tegra 2 device that had any major problems was the LG Optimus 2X, and that was likely because LG was rushing to be the first to get a dual-core phone out onto the market, and their software support is generally terrible anyway

Asus' software support for the TF has been fantastic so if there are any issues early on, I'm pretty confident that Asus will be quick to roll out patches

32. Post #6192
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,487 Posts
    Damn, I wish Galaxy S II had the sexy 720p display from the Nexus Prime...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #6193
    June 2010
    255 Posts
    Well since my contract with sprint ended I was thinking of switching to verizon and get the Galaxy SII, but when I go there they don't carry it and tell me to get the Droid Charge. I want the Galaxy SII, what to do? Go back to sprint?

34. Post #6194
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts
    Damn, I wish Galaxy S II had the sexy 720p display from the Nexus Prime...
    I wish they rolled out the Galaxy S2 HD without LTE and a 1.4 GHz Exynos instead.

Edited:

Well since my contract with sprint ended I was thinking of switching to verizon and get the Galaxy SII, but when I go there they don't carry it and tell me to get the Droid Charge. I want the Galaxy SII, what to do? Go back to sprint?
    Either Sprint or AT&T for the GSII, Verizon for the Galaxy Nexus.

Edited:

You're just shit out of luck, the Market only lets you update free apps or apps that you've purchased through the Market.

35. Post #6195
    June 2010
    255 Posts
    Nexus comes out the 17th right? If so will it be better than the SII? Or on par?

36. Post #6196
    Nexus comes out the 17th right? If so will it be better than the SII? Or on par?
    17th in the UK, 21st in the US (Speculation, not official), and it will be better.

37. Post #6197
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts
    The GPU will be slower, CPU equivalent, screen is better, camera isn't as high megapixel but remember megapixels are not the determiner of photo quality, no microSD slot compared to the SII, battery is better.

Basically, how much do you value absolute speed? If you don't care about that as much, go with the Galaxy Nexus for sure.

Edited:

GSII will undoubtedly lag behind in official updates.

38. Post #6198
    Not to sure about the buttons being on-screen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #6199
    Not to sure about the buttons being on-screen
    controlled by the software, has the ability to change the icons, also can be removed and images and video can take up the whole screen if needed!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

40. Post #6200
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,289 Posts
    In case this hasn't been posted, Sim City Deluxe has now been released for Android by EA.

I was always a bit jealous that Apple had that.. now we do too!