1. Post #81

July 2011
    23 Posts
    Thank you for v2, i dont have any suggegestions since i didnt try it, but thanks for the brand new npc nodes!

EDIT: i have an optimazation idea, when you press that button that makes you see the planets from far, make it NOT render anything INSIDE the planet, it will greatly reduce lag, but if you make gmod render the inner planet stuff when you go close to the planet, you wont see any differance. The gooniverse does this if you want to see an example

2. Post #82
    December 2010
    12 Posts
    Thank you for v2, i dont have any suggegestions since i didnt try it, but thanks for the brand new npc nodes!

EDIT: i have an optimazation idea, when you press that button that makes you see the planets from far, make it NOT render anything INSIDE the planet, it will greatly reduce lag, but if you make gmod render the inner planet stuff when you go close to the planet, you wont see any differance. The gooniverse does this if you want to see an example
    This is already in the map.
    Type "mat_wireframe 1" with "sv_cheats 1" in your console you will see.
    Spawn some props on a planet and look when you leave it. Props will disappear. :)

3. Post #83
    May 2011
    173 Posts
    Hey, i love this map. I found the artifacts straight away, love the ending. Can't find the admin room though...

Edited:

Derpa Derp, i found it lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #84

July 2011
    23 Posts
    This is already in the map.
    Type "mat_wireframe 1" with "sv_cheats 1" in your console you will see.
    Spawn some props on a planet and look when you leave it. Props will disappear. :)
    but what about the terrain of the planet itself?

5. Post #85

April 2011
    5 Posts
    two questions, what planet is the red artifact in 2: wheres the admin room?

6. Post #86

July 2011
    23 Posts
    The artifacts are in the planet the same color they are (except for the white one)

EDIT: i am playing the map now, and i have to say, this is one of the few maps that have a lot of potential. but i think you should add something noticible to your v3. like the black hole, the nodes are a great touch (and needed on some planets) but thats like the frosting on the cake. try to add something that seprerates your map from others. one idea is that you can go inside the buildings on earth, and also maker it easir to get out of that crater/tunnel thing on mars, you know, the slope where it goes down?
    this is a remarkable map that is very optimized, yet has great detail. this is something you dont see often.
    keep working on v3, you did great on optimsazations, i know since my pc sucks and it rus with 20 fps, and to be honest, i seen maps less then a megabyte and my pc lags more on it. i suggegest you add something new, since there is not much else to improve.

good job!

7. Post #87
    December 2009
    897 Posts
    any plans for a version 3? just wondering

8. Post #88
    August 2010
    1,179 Posts
    The artifacts are in the planet the same color they are (except for the white one)

EDIT: i am playing the map now, and i have to say, this is one of the few maps that have a lot of potential. but i think you should add something noticible to your v3. like the black hole, the nodes are a great touch (and needed on some planets) but thats like the frosting on the cake. try to add something that seprerates your map from others. one idea is that you can go inside the buildings on earth, and also maker it easir to get out of that crater/tunnel thing on mars, you know, the slope where it goes down?
    this is a remarkable map that is very optimized, yet has great detail. this is something you dont see often.
    keep working on v3, you did great on optimsazations, i know since my pc sucks and it rus with 20 fps, and to be honest, i seen maps less then a megabyte and my pc lags more on it. i suggegest you add something new, since there is not much else to improve.

good job!
    I disagree about the fps. Out of all of the SB maps I've played on this is on the low end for fps, only because it is one of the higher quality ones.

9. Post #89

April 2011
    3 Posts
    I absolutely adore this map. It's well made, well triggered and fun to play on. My problems...

1. "THE ZOMBIES DON'T STOP MAKING NOISE Arrrrrrgh!!!!" *Head splodes* I'm ON Earth now so it's not me being trollolol.
    2. Teleporter ain't teleporting me...how do you use it? *EDIT* Sorry I thought it teleported you up to the sky box. Just went up to it and through myself.

10. Post #90

July 2011
    23 Posts
    I disagree about the fps. Out of all of the SB maps I've played on this is on the low end for fps, only because it is one of the higher quality ones.
    YOU HAVE LOW FPS ON THIS MAP! my pc is 5 years old, and its video card is worth 2 dollars today (20 dollars then) which means yur pc must really
    really
    really
    really
    really
    really
    suck.

wheres the black hole?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #91

April 2011
    5 Posts
    i still need to know where admin room is

Edited:

nvm XD

12. Post #92
    December 2010
    12 Posts

wheres the black hole?
    Find a blue light near Mars.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    August 2010
    1,179 Posts
    YOU HAVE LOW FPS ON THIS MAP! my pc is 5 years old, and its video card is worth 2 dollars today (20 dollars then) which means yur pc must really
    really
    really
    really
    really
    really
    suck.

wheres the black hole?
    I said it had one of the lowest FPS, not that it gave me low fps. My fps is fine.

14. Post #94
    July 2011
    4 Posts
    Hey guys I'm having issues here with the spheres around planets.
    They're everywhere, and clipping. Different places every time I load the map. Any suggestions?
    Also I can't seem to post pictures even from a URL so here's a link to a screenshot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

15. Post #95

July 2011
    23 Posts
    Hey guys I'm having issues here with the spheres around planets.They're everywhere, and clipping. Different places every time I load the map. Any suggestions?Also I can't seem to post pictures even from a URL so here's a link to a screenshot.
    Your url is brocken but it sounds like you are missing the sky box. Redownload the map and its files

16. Post #96
    February 2010
    294 Posts
    Great map and perfect ending, but the white artifact is just about impossible to get from a spaceship. But I absolutely love the planet with the random tentacle plants and the vortigaunt camp! You should really add more to that. Good easter eggs too. I think I found them if theres only 2.... not sure though.

17. Post #97

February 2008
    262 Posts
    Space build look's fun. Does anyone know where to download the latest? All I have in waste folder is space build 1. I know how to use SVN, so that would be great as well.

18. Post #98
    May 2010
    3,734 Posts
    I had my volume on almost max when I went to get the artifact from Mars. I nearly jumped off my chair D:

By the way, if you have a decent spaceship and some guns, this map is very fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    July 2011
    1 Posts
    We all love this Map.
    So we made a Gameplay/Film Film with it ;)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 2 (list)

20. Post #100
    December 2010
    12 Posts
    We all love this Map.
    Haha good job guys! :P

This deserves an Easter Egg!

Find a bugbait on the Vortigaunt planet and throw it in the soup. Antlions will smell the soup and become your friends. You will also get a fresh bugbait to play with them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    December 2009
    897 Posts
    We all love this Map.

your crazy shit video just made my day
    if only source recorder wasnt fucking broken i would like to make a video too

22. Post #102
    July 2010
    1,577 Posts
    what happens at the end?

23. Post #103
    Want a Tablet?
    November 2009
    2,028 Posts
    I honestly love this map, Someco. I downloaded it when it had a meer 50 downloaders. And, I can honestly say that you are a brilliant mapper and your map is phenominal. I love the story line, the planets, the whole "5th Element" feature" And i LOVE the black hole! Your the first person ever to implement a black hole into Garrysmod. So, well done. Everything is brilliant. BUT your endings are shockingly terrible! I hate the ending, and I hate the new ending even more. When I first played the game, I was waiting for something truly amazing. Some clataclismic event that made all the worlds starting blowing up or a alien invasion. Or a death ray. OR SOMETHING! But, all you get is that silly door and credits. ): Please please please. Make a AMAZING ending. This map needs it. You do so much to get that machine to work, to get such a bad ending. If you get a good ending, i'd rate it 10/10!

Thanks.

PS: I loved this map that much that I made a RP scenario with my friend And a 5+ minute video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #104
    August 2010
    1,179 Posts
    Could you make a SB3 version of this map? The planets lack variety in atmospheric composition in SB2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

25. Post #105
    February 2011
    39 Posts
    Could you make a SB3 version of this map? The planets lack variety in atmospheric composition in SB2.
    I Agree, And For the Love Of Everything Awesome, Please make the buildings inhabitable!

Absolutely epic map though...

26. Post #106
    September 2007
    807 Posts
    Great map! Word for the wise, if you're using the gravity hull designator do not take an artifact into your ship... Seeing how i like being able to walk in my ships i think i need to work out a way to take them back to earth... ruled out most teleportation things, maybe i can make some sort of probe which flies itself back to earth? No idea quite how to do that though...

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,653 Posts
    small sugestion, add the ability to turn off the day/night cycle, every time the sky changes people loose connection, although I'm running a listen server so thats probably dosn't help
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #108
    February 2009
    134 Posts
    Can't wait for a V3!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #109
    May 2011
    33 Posts
    Something cool to add to the map would be the addition of a super-developed world, like a combine world or something. It would be nice to have some intelligent life on an alternate world, despite there being vortigaunts, even if it is just the buildings.

Then again, if you go back to Xen in HL1, you see that there aren't really any sort of buildings or technology made by vortigaunts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    January 2009
    333 Posts
    i would also love a sb3 ver of this map
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #111
    July 2010
    1,577 Posts
    Something cool to add to the map would be the addition of a super-developed world, like a combine world or something. It would be nice to have some intelligent life on an alternate world, despite there being vortigaunts, even if it is just the buildings.

Then again, if you go back to Xen in HL1, you see that there aren't really any sort of buildings or technology made by vortigaunts.
    The vortigaunts were enslaved to do menial tasks etc. etc., basically work for the nihilanth.

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,868 Posts

Perhaps even a Dyson Sphere! Oh, how fun that would be to infiltrate.

Unfortunately, that would require some serious gravity fuckery, no doubt using similar Lua code to the Gravity Hull Designator.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #113
    August 2009
    11 Posts
    This map is great!

and I found extraterrestrial lifeforms with a unmanned space vehicle, I killed one and took it back to Earth :D

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #114
    Everything I say is a lie
    May 2006
    1,397 Posts
    It says it requires RD2. What's that?

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,745 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,868 Posts
    It gave me the Asian Film Festival Of The Year.

A more appropriate search would be "RD2 Garry's Mod".

Also, it's something called Resource Distribution.

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,511 Posts
    I very, very well made space map. Throughly enjoyed searching through the planets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #118
    May 2007
    899 Posts
    Any one got a link from this map ? , on the OP the link is down :(

Edit : Nevermind my internet is slow didnt see the link below :(
    Only mediafire is down

39. Post #119
    March 2008
    304 Posts
    Love the map in single player!

Any change of getting a version for servers that doesn't have AI and maybe toned down graphics a bit?

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,706 Posts
    Does this not work with SB3?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)