1. Post #2281
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,910 Posts
    Did you guys like the giant projected tits on Young Lust?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #2282
    May 2011
    3,899 Posts
    Fuck, all this talk about it makes me want to watch it again.

All I can say is thanks, Roger. I really hope he stays around for a long while.
    10000x agree

Edited:

yes I did, did you enjoy the giant projected genital flowers?

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

3. Post #2283
    January 2012
    339 Posts
    OOOOO I NEED A DIRTY WOMAN :swoon:

Also, something else I thought was cool (did I post this before?) was after Roger dismissed everyone, when he got to Snowy White and Dave Kilminster, they both recieved extra extra cheers. Maybe it's because people knew who Snowy White is, or was just really impressed with his performance as Gilmour. And ofcourse Kilminster recieved huge cheer for nailing all those solos, particularly Comfortably Numb. Man what a performance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #2284
    Don't do The Wall and if you do, visualize it in a completely different way not related to Roger/Scarfe's vision.
    Yeah fuck that idea for now. It took me 2 hours to write out DSOTM. imagine writing 27 songs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #2285
    I shall now embark upon visualizing WYWH. Wish me luck gentlemen.

Edited:

Wish You Were Here Visualization:

Shine On You Crazy Diamond (First half)
    As the synth kicks in slowly, We arise on a desert, The sun is slowly rising in tune with the music, and as the guitar begins, The camera rotates and pans around the beautiful desert wilderness, And it continues until the guitar finally cuts out, And then the keyboard begins.

The camera pulls up, It is now daytime, A lake is visible in the background, In the distance we see a man in a suit, He has a guitar on his back and a suitcase in his hand, He is slowly walking through the desert, The sand sparkles like tiny diamonds, And as the drums kick in we cut to the front of the man, He is faceless and wearing a bowler hat, he is trekking through the wilderness, Determined and steadfast, And as the wailing guitar kicks in, His walking turns from a trek to a slow, peaceful stroll, He turns to camera and waves as he walks, And the camera pulls out and begins panning over the desert, There is wreckage and rubble strewn across some of it, And then as the guitar stops, and the synth continues, We float across the desert slowly and peacefully, Before focusing on the back of the businessman, His guitar is very familiar, With mirrored discs plastered over it.

Then as the guitar kicks back in again, We focus once more on his faceless head, as he continues his mindless trek through the wastelands. And as the guitar calms and the vocals return, We cut to his back, And the sun slowly lowers into view, And the sky begins to sparkle, And as the vocals get midway, We begin panning the desert again, This time, Majestic, sparkling metal structures erupt from the ground and we pan around them. And the businessman walks inbetween two giant, towering cylinders, And as he does, two colored ribbons, columns of particles, Green and red, encircle and dance around eachother in the sky, bouncing off eachother and colliding and circling eachother at vast speeds, And as the saxaphone solo begins, We cut to the top of one of the cylinders, And the sun slowly begins to set, And the ribbons dance infront of the sun, Basking in its dying glow, And the sun sets as the type of saxaphone used changes, And we see the businessman sit down on his suitcase and rest, Until it fades out. As does the visuals.

Welcome To The Machine
    We cut back to the desert, It is now daytime, The businessman is standing, facing the sun, scratching his head under his hat, Then as the bass and guitar begins to come in, He turns around, and faces the viewer, Before pulling out a record from his coat, And offerring it to the viewer.

We immediately cut to the inside of one of the erupted metal structures, Pistons and wailing machines hammer and clank and hiss and wail, Records and discs are shot out of them into bins, And they are then tipped onto a conveyor belt, Where giant block-bodied robots observe the records that move past, And any that they do not like the look of are immediately smashed and thrown into a small vent, Which leads directly to a furnace. The melting records are then immediately poured back into the wailing piston-machines which produced them, Until they come out as more "presentable" records and discs.

We then cut to a man in an office, There is a robotic, eerily-grinning businessman in a green suit sitting behind a desk, The man strums a guitar, and then the businessman nods, And stands up, Before offering the man his hand. The man takes the robot's hand, and screams loudly, before dissappearing in a flash of light and then returning, wearing an eerie, bolted-on plastic mask of his own face. His skin is pallid and unrecognisable.

We cut to a stage. The man is standing on the stage, Strumming his electric guitar, His head is lolling about as if he is dead, And people wearing similar face masks stand up and applaud his guitar-playing, His manager(The smiling businessman) walks up behind him and pats him on the back, And shakes his hand again. And then we cut to a scene of another man entering the same process, And as the camera zooms out and the "door shut" sound plays, The office door slams on the camera. And we hear the same laughter and clapping of the crowd at the gig.

Have A Cigar
    We cut to a gig, A normal, human band is playing music on-stage, The only person in the crowd is a man in a suit with obviously-fake hair and overdone plastic surgery. They finish playing, He claps and applauds the band, And shakes the band members hands as they finish, And when it gets to "Oh By The Way, Which one's Pink?" he turns and mouths the exact same word, And they simply shrug,

As it cuts to a recording studio, Where the band begins playing, Their skin color is slightly off-pallor now, but they are normal. The manager bursts in and starts shouting and screaming and applauding in a happy way, Pointing at a sales chart, as the band's latest album has skyrocketed.

We cut to the same recording studio, Years later, The manager bursts in again, screaming and shouting in an angry way, Pointing out the chart, Sales have plummeted, and the band is now very off-palor in their skintone, and they are all in their places, their dead eyes rolling back in their heads, As they continue playing music, Ignorant of the manager, as the solo wails on.

We cut to someone sitting in his living room as the music turns tinny and radio-like, He immediately switches it to another channel.

Wish You Were Here.
    The man relaxes in his chair as the song begins, And the camera slowly dissolves to a field, It is green and vibrant, The sun is shining, And a single person wanders into the field. He lies down, As the vocals begin, We suddenly see a large mushroom cloud erupt in the background, The shockwaves erupt through the field, The man is completely ignorant, We see sky slowly turn blood-red from the bottom, spreading like blood through water. We cut back to the wasteland as the vocals end, The businessman is now seen from behind, He walks off and we cut back to the field, It is now sunset, and the explosion appears to have never happened. And slowly, We zoom out, into space, as the song starts its ending, The man in the field slowly starts to fade away like a ghost, Before finally erupting into dust and ash, And he flies out into the camera, dancing in the atmosphere as we enter space.

Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Half 2)
    The dust of the man slowly begins to swirl and dance, And as the bass begins to strum into life, it erupts into two halves, Slowly and carefully turning into long ribbon-like streams of particles, And as the guitar hit strikes, The right ribbon flashes into red, And as it strikes again, The left ribbon strikes into green, And They begin dancing around eachother as the synth and guitar kick in, They begin wonderfully cavorting around each other, rejoicing and embracing one another, in time with the music, And as the two, wailing guitars kick in, They begin to match the time and tune of that, Spinning and swirling around eachother, Flying through space at incredible speed, looping and entwining eachother, Rising and falling, they turn into all sorts of objects, musical instruments, faces, people, houses, and eventually settle back into colored ribbons, Flying around one another and eventually wrapping around a planet and back again,

As the guitars get intense, Into view comes the wasteland planet we started on, And the two ribbons start heading towards it, spinning and twisting and turning and gunning straight for the planet, getting faster and faster with each guitar strike, Until, as the guitar stops, they break clean through the atmosphere, but the camera keeps going, Until it hits the businessman. and focuses on him, continuing his walk through the desert.

As the vocals kick in, We see the back of the businessman, The angle is identical to the angle we came in on, Only he is at the other end of the frame, The giant, glistening towers collapse into the rubble we saw at the start, The businessman keeps walking, until it is only the strumming guitar and drums, When the camera slowly zooms out, And eventually dissolves, and re-enters space.

As the keyboard, synth and bass solo begins, We watch two differently-colored ribbons fly and float through space, They are blue and white, they act far calmer than the red and green ribbons, But not at all less spectacular. Until eventually they fade out, into black. As does the scene.

Finally, We enter the last section of the song, The camera thuds back to the businessman, from behind, We see him start walking into the sunset, He turns back towards camera, and waves for a few seconds, before dejected-lookingly walking on. The camera slowly pans back over the desert, Wonderfully showing off the glistening sand, the lake, Everything we saw in the beginning, Until eventually, It cuts to a highway road at night, Headlights illuminating it, The camera slowly moves down the highway, It has an almost circular effect to it, Until eventually it terminates, And the camera floats around in space, before focusing on a single star, And as the last notes of the song play, It glistens like a diamond, Upon which the camera fades out.

THE END.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

6. Post #2286
    Slaaf van EternalFlamez.Ik wilde heel graag de laatste Indie Bundle, en ik kreeg deze kuttitel er gratis bij.
    March 2010
    4,072 Posts
    Watching The Wall, the movie now, it's pretty cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #2287
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,895 Posts
    Watching The Wall, the movie now, it's pretty cool.
    I love the animations in it. They're awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #2288
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,910 Posts
    OOOOO I NEED A DIRTY WOMAN :swoon:

Also, something else I thought was cool (did I post this before?) was after Roger dismissed everyone, when he got to Snowy White and Dave Kilminster, they both recieved extra extra cheers. Maybe it's because people knew who Snowy White is, or was just really impressed with his performance as Gilmour. And ofcourse Kilminster recieved huge cheer for nailing all those solos, particularly Comfortably Numb. Man what a performance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

9. Post #2289
    Youtube Comments posted:
    Anyone else totally* baked right now?
    deathman11902 1 day ago 44

Hey Weed idiots this* song has nothing to do with getting stoned...
    aRedRoseFTW 20 hours ago 22

@RedRoseFTW "Weed Idiots" hahah that just shows how ignorant you are. Drugs and Music have a long history, if you really think Pink Floyd had nothing to do with drugs you are sadly mistaken. Enjoy one of* the greatest songs of all time without worrying about how others do. Peace and Pot amigos.
    RaveNationRaveRevolt 2 hours ago

@aRedRoseFTW how do you know what its about, maybe its not, maybe it is but isn't that whats so special about music, how people interperate music? Anyway many great bands have written songs* about drugs and some were influenced by drugs, take Bob Marley for example many of his songs where about drugs. Nirvana's music was writte while they were high so, in the end, nobody with a brain cares if the song is or isn't about drugs, they care about how the music makes them feel.
    DecimusRKT 2 hours ago

the guy in the video, that's Jon Cryer,* right?
    TenentAldoRaine 2 hours ago

I'm sure this was written about Syd Barrett who was a member of the band* that took acid and never came down hense comfortably numb

butcher809 3 hours ago you want to fuckin understand his songs, watch* the goddamn movie, the wall pink floyd, best movie ive ever watched[
    mrgetreallyhigh420 1 hour ago
    I HAVE TWO WORDS

[RELEASE][H2]KILL YOURSELVES[/H2][/RELEASE]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #2290
    Slaaf van EternalFlamez.Ik wilde heel graag de laatste Indie Bundle, en ik kreeg deze kuttitel er gratis bij.
    March 2010
    4,072 Posts
    Oh man, One of These Days from Meddle is damn good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #2291
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,917 Posts
    Oh man, One of These Days from Meddle is damn good.
    The whole album is a great experience.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #2292
    June 2008
    4,667 Posts
    I HAVE TWO WORDS

[RELEASE][H2]KILL YOURSELVES[/H2][/RELEASE]
    i have a sentence

stop with the damn huge text i see in every other post you make
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #2293
    Who was.

DRAAAGGGED
    DOWNNNN
    BYYYY
    THE STOOOOOOOOONE

God this is why i only listen to Animals sparingly, It makes it so much more amazing.

Edited:

Does anyone know if they're reissuing Animals in an Experience edition? I'm aiming only to get the Experience versions as i hate the look of the Discovery remasters.

14. Post #2294
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,910 Posts
    Looks like only DSOTM, WYWH, and The Wall are the only ones being released as experience.

15. Post #2295
    Awww.. I really don't want to buy the Discovery edition of Animals, it's nowhere near worth it and a n insult to the original album. It's one of Floyd's best albums.

16. Post #2296
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,917 Posts
    Looks like only DSOTM, WYWH, and The Wall are the only ones being released as experience.
    yeah that's kinda dumb seeing as I want a live version of Animals. :argh:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #2297
    January 2012
    339 Posts
    GUYS WHAT ABOUT THE DIVISION BELL? D:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #2298
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,853 Posts
    GUYS WHAT ABOUT THE DIVISION BELL? D:
    Good album what about it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

19. Post #2299
    January 2012
    339 Posts
    Yeah true

20. Post #2300
    Ain't a fan of it myself.

Edited:

yeah that's kinda dumb seeing as I want a live version of Animals. :argh:
    I personally am gunning for the Experience editions as they're basically the LP's(artwork wise) in CD format with nice extra gubbinz

21. Post #2301
    I have an idea of what Run Like Hell/Waiting For The Worms if done different to roger/scarfe's versions.
    (This is what i imagined the first time i heard these songs)
    Run Like Hell

As we begin, Pink is illuminated by a single red spotlight, And as the drums and synth kick in, The camera immediately cuts to a panning view of Los Angeles at midnight. Squads of black-clad soldiers are running down the roads, Wielding MP-40s, People scream and run as they gun them down, And as the lyrics kick in, We cut back to the "gig", Pink is on stage singing, As the crowd is going wild, While MP40-wielding soldiers storm through the crowd, gunning down and beating the shit out of "coons" and "jews", While other crowd members cheer the guards on on.

And as we get to the "Taking your girlfriend out tonight" lyrics, We see a large crowd of civillians fleeing from a massive squad of soldiers, Who are marching down the road, Opening fire into them with their SMG's. Then as the synth solo begins, We see truckloads of corpses getting shovelled into pits and buried over, Soldiers march carrying the flag of Pink's followers, People are dragged into the back of vans, houses burn and glass shatters, Truckloads of weapons are delivered and distributed to new followers of Pink, as the local policeforce is gunned down too, Feet flung through doors, Axes through windows, petrol bombs are lobbed into houses, And a woman lying in the road clutching her dying husband screams as she too is dragged off into the back of a van. And as the song ends, We end on a vision of the concert hall, Giant and looming.

Waiting For The Worms.
    (I did not know of the Hammers the first time i heard this so they are thankfully absent, I have gone on about my vision of Waiting For The Worms before, and i would love to elaborate on it sometime.)

As we begin, We see the concert hall, It is now a massive, towering fascist structure, Barbed wire and giant concrete barricades surround it, Spotlights stream out of it and gunfire erupts from the battlements every few seconds, We zoom into the doorway, And the camera dissolves into Pink, who is holding a rally, Hundreds of thousands of people are stacked into the auditorium, standing on hundreds of makeshift balconies and cheering him on, The "Doll" Pink(i had seen it in album artwork) is sat behind him, an expression of torturous pain on its face, Blood pouring from its eyesockets.

He is speaking into a microphone, And each "megaphone" lyric results in the camera cutting to loudspeakers placed around the city, And as the "Colored Cousins" lyric, we pan right into a modern suburban 70's london house, Where two guards are beating a black man to death, Before they drag him out the front.

As the bass solo begins, We cut to Pink onstage, He is screaming into the microphone, Losing his faith in his followers and his vision, His body is slowly decomposing and rotting like a slab of meat, He finally screams his last few words into the microphone, Before completely decomposing into a skeletal Hitler-esque effigy, Two guards march out and prop him up, forcing him to continue playing his guitar, Until finally the "Doll" pink springs to life and screams out: "STOP!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #2302
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,917 Posts
    write a blog bro

Edited:

call it "DrSalv's Audio Visualisations"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #2303
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,910 Posts
    haha Dr. Salvia.

Edited:

Because Pink Floyd is a drug band. :laugh:

24. Post #2304
    To me DrSalva sounds more like a mascot for Saline.

25. Post #2305
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,910 Posts
    I have an idea of what Run Like Hell/Waiting For The Worms if done different to roger/scarfe's versions.
    (This is what i imagined the first time i heard these songs)
    Run Like Hell

As we begin, Pink is illuminated by a single red spotlight, And as the drums and synth kick in, The camera immediately cuts to a panning view of Los Angeles at midnight. Squads of black-clad soldiers are running down the roads, Wielding MP-40s, People scream and run as they gun them down, And as the lyrics kick in, We cut back to the "gig", Pink is on stage singing, As the crowd is going wild, While MP40-wielding soldiers storm through the crowd, gunning down and beating the shit out of "coons" and "jews", While other crowd members cheer the guards on on.

And as we get to the "Taking your girlfriend out tonight" lyrics, We see a large crowd of civillians fleeing from a massive squad of soldiers, Who are marching down the road, Opening fire into them with their SMG's. Then as the synth solo begins, We see truckloads of corpses getting shovelled into pits and buried over, Soldiers march carrying the flag of Pink's followers, People are dragged into the back of vans, houses burn and glass shatters, Truckloads of weapons are delivered and distributed to new followers of Pink, as the local policeforce is gunned down too, Feet flung through doors, Axes through windows, petrol bombs are lobbed into houses, And a woman lying in the road clutching her dying husband screams as she too is dragged off into the back of a van. And as the song ends, We end on a vision of the concert hall, Giant and looming.

Waiting For The Worms.
    (I did not know of the Hammers the first time i heard this so they are thankfully absent, I have gone on about my vision of Waiting For The Worms before, and i would love to elaborate on it sometime.)

As we begin, We see the concert hall, It is now a massive, towering fascist structure, Barbed wire and giant concrete barricades surround it, Spotlights stream out of it and gunfire erupts from the battlements every few seconds, We zoom into the doorway, And the camera dissolves into Pink, who is holding a rally, Hundreds of thousands of people are stacked into the auditorium, standing on hundreds of makeshift balconies and cheering him on, The "Doll" Pink(i had seen it in album artwork) is sat behind him, an expression of torturous pain on its face, Blood pouring from its eyesockets.

He is speaking into a microphone, And each "megaphone" lyric results in the camera cutting to loudspeakers placed around the city, And as the "Colored Cousins" lyric, we pan right into a modern suburban 70's london house, Where two guards are beating a black man to death, Before they drag him out the front.

As the bass solo begins, We cut to Pink onstage, He is screaming into the microphone, Losing his faith in his followers and his vision, His body is slowly decomposing and rotting like a slab of meat, He finally screams his last few words into the microphone, Before completely decomposing into a skeletal Hitler-esque effigy, Two guards march out and prop him up, forcing him to continue playing his guitar, Until finally the "Doll" pink springs to life and screams out: "STOP!"
    This is still kind of Roger's vision except grittier. You should've done completely new interpretations of the songs, not related at all to The Wall story/concept.

26. Post #2306
    Eh. It was what i had in mind during the first time i heard The Wall.

Edited:

I guess it's easier for me to imagine WYWH/DSOTM because there is such a lack of visual stimuli and content related to them, Whereas there are tons of adaptations of The Wall for me to pick from

27. Post #2307
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,910 Posts
    there are tons of adaptations of The Wall for me to pick from
    That's exactly where you went wrong.

28. Post #2308
    I tried not to pick from them but it's incredibly hard not to.

29. Post #2309
    February 2010
    1,185 Posts
    Fuck yes. My collection is (almost) Complete!

OH, I thought those were records. No wonder I couldn't find those repressings anywhere. Damn I will never find Saucerful or Division Bell on record.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #2310
    The 1980 Live versions of Run Like Hell are far better than any other IMO, it's such a shame that most of the original "oomph" is lost, and that it won't get remastered.

31. Post #2311
    May 2011
    3,899 Posts
    I hope the Live DVD of Roger Waters: The Wall Live is released by the end of the year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

32. Post #2312
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    2,062 Posts
    OH, I thought those were records. No wonder I couldn't find those repressings anywhere. Damn I will never find Saucerful or Division Bell on record.
    Yeah, sorry. I can see how the angle makes them look like they are.

33. Post #2313
    If this thread closes, Can i make the next?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)