1. Post #81
    October 2009
    483 Posts
    Hey guys, We made a lot of progress since I wrote last time but I don't show them yet.
    I made a promise to my friend and one of the modeller of Dark Ages, Jake to finish Beta before he comes back 2 weeks later. So what I'm trying to say that Beta is coming in December, a bit before Christmas.

But, I need some ideas now, so please say ideas, as much as you can. [except armor aaand own npc.]
    Thanks.

2. Post #82
    June 2011
    48 Posts
    idk but maybe u can improve the flashlight that looks shitty in the dungeons with many players

3. Post #83
    October 2009
    483 Posts
    idk but maybe u can improve the flashlight that looks shitty in the dungeons with many players
    Well flashlight is kind of a torch now, what do u mean?

4. Post #84
    June 2011
    48 Posts
    sorry i didnt read the full thread.
    I mean the flashligth was annoying in coop

5. Post #85
    October 2009
    483 Posts
    I see, u can't see others torch. :D

Edited:

but if u guys think that would be better I mean to see it, then maybe I can add it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    1,027 Posts
    Hey, I played a bit today and i have to say its really good. After playing 10mins jake has said that i should make quests. He explained how it works and i have done 7 quests now.

I think you should increase the range of the torch and make other ones torches visible. Its more realistic when you see other ones torches and can help when u're playing with friends and they're hurt.

Jake said you're upto make 100+ quests. Thats awesome!!! But whats with a main story? Would be cool because in it can be something with the backgrounds of this world. I dont know another gamemode with a story.

A medival style hud would be cool too because of the ambiance of the game.

And whats with weekly arena championships where you can set bets on the fighters?^^

ok i got very much ideas i'll stop annoy you with it now :D

and sorry for bad grammar i've writen this very fast...

7. Post #87
    October 2009
    483 Posts
    Well, I will make the torch wider range then, but this gamemode isn't about a story, it is like an mmorpg :) they don't really have stories, there won't be 100+ quests but there will some :).

Hud is hard for me cause I have logic brain instead of design brain but I will do what I can.
    I wanted to add bet to the arenas but I don't know that is it neccesary, we will see :).

Anyway, write ideas, I love ideas xd

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    1,027 Posts
    Hmm... Maybe you should add higher materials for weapons... I've played runescape a long time before, but add the thing over mithril then you'll have a longer playtime.

New idea: When you're on a quest, you should add that you can bring items to quest guy when you not have all you need. When you have a quest (bring me 5 zombie venons) you should add that you can give the quest guy 3 venons now and 2 later.

When you add more towns to map, you should add teleport spells and these clay teleport plates.

And, maybe you have it already, you should add areas in the normal map where spawn enemys or little towns of barbarians, this will make the nature more.... alive^^

The gamemode is almost good but I think the little things will make it better now.

I'll post more ideas later have to think about it :D

9. Post #89
    October 2009
    483 Posts
    Thanks the ideas, maybe some of them will be added :)

10. Post #90
    Conna is finally become inter-national dick. Conna 애미뒤진 씹새끼^^
    December 2008
    1,726 Posts
    O this is still alive. I didn't knew that. Anyway i'm glad to see this thread alive.
    Keep working. May i have your server IP and needs?

11. Post #91
    October 2009
    483 Posts
    Well, it isn't only at all time but the ip is : gabeee.dyndns.org

Edited:

online*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    1,027 Posts
    deleted

13. Post #93
    October 2009
    483 Posts
    Hey guys, unfortunatelly there will be a little delay cause there were a trouble with gmod for a day and there was only 1 modeller during this two week.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #94
    October 2009
    483 Posts
    December 23. - 19:00 GMT+1 DARK AGES BETA TEST
    Let's find bugs together XD

15. Post #95
    June 2011
    48 Posts
    When ur Server is up again ?

16. Post #96
    October 2009
    483 Posts
    It is online at the moment :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    June 2011
    48 Posts
    cool im coming

18. Post #98
    October 2009
    483 Posts
    Don't forget to download the SVN before you come. :)
    SVN : http://darkages.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

19. Post #99
    April 2008
    1,364 Posts
    Hey i found a spelling error. On the anvil forging it says "Mintril Axe" instead of "Mithril Axe"

Edit:
    Also I have some of the old runescape (this gamemode is sort of based on runescape right?) level up sounds if you need them.

20. Post #100
    October 2009
    483 Posts
    Thanks ^^

21. Post #101
    October 2009
    483 Posts
    The help menu [WIP]

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    The help menu [WIP]
    I'd like to point out a flaw in your health restore logic. (no offense)

I've noticed that salad restores health, yet fish doesn't. However, when you're hurt, what you might want to do is eat stuff that contains proteins (which is what the fish contains, obviously), because your body needs it to repair tissue damage.

Like I said, I didn't mean to offend anyone, just pointing something that I don't think is logical.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    October 2009
    483 Posts
    okey xD

24. Post #104
    April 2008
    1,364 Posts
    So do you want the level up sounds? If so tell me how to give them to you.

25. Post #105
    October 2009
    483 Posts
    Not yet, maybe later, but we like to make things on our own :)

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,251 Posts
    I played this for a couple of hours yesterday, I enjoyed it and it obviously has tons of potential.

After a while I decided to have a poke at it and see just how secure it was, I found a few things which could be exploited very easily, which let me easily gain as much XP/items as I wanted.

I ended up with 50,000 gold and my weight was -2000, which made me have super speed. I've added some screenshots to my post, it is a beta after all, I'd be glad to go over what the problems are with you in private. I'd be glad to help you test further and get a lot of the bugs out before people start playing properly.

27. Post #107
    October 2009
    483 Posts
    You cheated?

I can't really do anything against cheats xd

28. Post #108
    Half-Life: Aftermath
    August 2010
    492 Posts
    You can patch them?

29. Post #109
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,251 Posts
    I didnt cheat per se, I simple exploited the way the system was set up, and some unprotected commands. What you can do about it is protect said things better by adding more verification to make sure they arent being abused.

I can tell you exactly what I did and what caused each thing you see in the screenshots, but my guess would be you might have to make some changes to secure things more. It was actually relatively simple to work out, and anyone with the intent to exploit could, so its not exactly something you want in the gamemode unless you want it to go live and people to just exploit to get everything easily.

30. Post #110
    October 2009
    483 Posts
    Well if they can't play normally, do whatever they want xd

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,251 Posts
    Is this going to be a public gamemode? It just seems kinda pointless going through all of the effort to make it and have an official server then people can just exploit the hell out of it and get everything instantly.

I find it sad that you take that stance on exploits, if you want the gamemode to have any sort of integrity or reputation then you should try and fix them, otherwise it will just die because nobody wants to play a game where everyone can spam a few commands and be hundreds of levels ahead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    October 2009
    483 Posts
    ok, send me pm please.

33. Post #113
    May 2011
    15 Posts
    when will server be back up?

34. Post #114
    September 2009
    524 Posts
    There's also a bug that you can get 1 Rune Essence and then just spam the "Make rune" button, it'll work for about 5-7 times, making you have a lot of xp and runes for only one rune essence. =)

35. Post #115
    May 2011
    15 Posts
    the money in the bank is bugged atm i take money out of the bank and it gets deleted

this is the error i get

[darkages\gamemode\cl_bank.lua:155] attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

i can put money in but cant get it out also when i pick money up off the ground it doesn't go into my inventory

36. Post #116
    October 2009
    483 Posts
    I will check it

37. Post #117
    October 2009
    483 Posts
    I think I fixed the cheat bug thing you said.

38. Post #118
    May 2010
    1,087 Posts
    Seems pretty awesome. Runamagic, please check your PMs. Sent ya something interesting...

39. Post #119
    October 2009
    483 Posts
    Thank you. I read your pm and replied for it. :)

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    5,571 Posts
    Gameplay consisting of progress bars and fighting buffed up HL2 monsters? I wouldn't be thrilled by that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)