1. Post #121
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,345 Posts
    If it's a choice between re-scaling and head hacks, I'd say re-scaling. But hey, that's just me.
    If I remember, the spartans are supposed to be larger than a regular human anyway, so technically the female would be just a wee bit too small still (once resized), and the male spartans are around a foot too small still. Also, that's so awesome that you got it working, I assume the knees aren't going to be all that big of an issue once it's ragdolled.

2. Post #122
    July 2010
    5,325 Posts
    The females and males are the same height in Reach.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

3. Post #123
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,345 Posts
    The females and males are the same height in Reach.
    In that case they're all too short, but I'd still prefer the rescale.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,281 Posts
    Ok, I am gonna re-open this project, going to fix scaling, headhack on some citizens, and add female.
    Rig fixed on female, On to re-scaling all of the parts.
    alright, running into a couple of problems. The choice is, Headhacking, or larger scale. Your choice.
    Lol re-scale it please, they're suppose to be tall.

My armored perskin is taller than my Spartan perskin.

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    14,812 Posts
    all you have to do to give them citizen heads is use bloocobalt's head pack

rescale fo sho

6. Post #126
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,553 Posts
    Stupid question, but:
    Where do I put the folders?
    I think of putting them on their respectives folder (steamaccount/garrymod/garrymod), but the info.txt would be replaced.

7. Post #127
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,786 Posts
    Can't you just move the bodies lower? Unless you want them as NPC's and playermodels of course.

8. Post #128
    August 2007
    758 Posts
    I may be late as fuck, BUT HOLY SHIT HALO REACH MODELS! I fucking love Halo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #129
    July 2011
    1,448 Posts
    We want our Elites!
    But take your time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

10. Post #130
    Headhack Honcho
    July 2009
    4,083 Posts
    This is the only Reach model I could get my hands on, and it will be the only one unless someone starts handing them out, which is highly unlikely. Furthermore, I cannot get Halo 3 Elites because of my older version of MAX.

11. Post #131
    July 2010
    442 Posts
    Stupid question, but:
    Where do I put the folders?
    I think of putting them on their respectives folder (steamaccount/garrymod/garrymod), but the info.txt would be replaced.
    You pretty much got it right, you jut need to place it in addons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Useful Useful x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #132
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,553 Posts
    You pretty much got it right, you jut need to place it in addons.
    Thanks!

13. Post #133
    May 2011
    27 Posts
    can you make a Jacob Keyes (pillar of autuum) ragdoll?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Mexico Show Events Late Late x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #134
    July 2010
    5,325 Posts
    He said like 5 times already that he can't get models from Reach and that he got these from someone else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

15. Post #135
    Headhack Honcho
    July 2009
    4,083 Posts
    Mega superd-duper-update yo!
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11742779/Gar...h%20Spartan.7z
    Make me some poses for a re-release thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

16. Post #136
    Ask me about my everything fetish.
    August 2006
    3,497 Posts
    The female spartans seem really out of proportion, Korro.

Their chests and asses are huge, the head is very tiny, it just doesn't look right.

17. Post #137
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,570 Posts
    Mega superd-duper-update yo!
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11742779/Gar...h%20Spartan.7z
    Make me some poses for a re-release thread.
    What did you update? Females? More armor?

18. Post #138
    Headhack Honcho
    July 2009
    4,083 Posts
    The female spartans seem really out of proportion, Korro.

Their chests and asses are huge, the head is very tiny, it just doesn't look right.
    blame Bungie, they like it like that... Changing the proportions (without rigging to a Valve Biped) would be like raping a solid brick wall...

Edited:

What did you update? Females? More armor?
    yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #139
    July 2010
    442 Posts
    Just finished testing the models out, and I've noticed some problems.

Most of the male's necks keep showing through the armor, and on some occasions something pokes out of them (this was also seen on some of the females)

Will post images and continue testing, but other than that they seem to do fine so far. Loved the new additions of armor.

EDITED

Now with images of said glitches. And I also forgot to mention that the spawn icons are upside down.

EDITED AGAIN:

Ok, I lied about the going through all the problems thing. Apparently after further playing around with faceposer, half the settings wont work (i.e the upper half of the selections on faceposer), the male's teeth change color when you use the coloring tool, and the females have no teeth. Here is more proof.

And here is some shitty posing from yours truly

Don't ask me about the shadowy boxes, I have no idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

20. Post #140

August 2011
    1 Posts
    is this for garrysmod or halo reach sumone tell me cuz im new and tell me which to download
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15 (list)

21. Post #141
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,281 Posts
    It's a Halo Reach mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

22. Post #142
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,345 Posts
    I'm making some poses for you brah, I'm making you some poses.

23. Post #143
    July 2010
    5,325 Posts
    Ok, I lied about the going through all the problems thing. Apparently after further playing around with faceposer, half the settings wont work (i.e the upper half of the selections on faceposer), the male's teeth change color when you use the coloring tool, and the females have no teeth. Here is more proof.

The EVA helmet with the Emile facepaint/scratches also changes color with the color tool instead of staying white.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #144
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,345 Posts
    Here you go.

(this one really looks better full size)

Halfassed showcase of armor variety

Don't even.

Plsplsplsplsplspls pls pls pls Korro?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6 (list)

25. Post #145
    July 2010
    442 Posts
    Where'd you find the recon helmet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #146
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,345 Posts
    Where'd you find the recon helmet?
    Secret secret hehehe.

Edit:

It's from the Halo 3 bodygroup model, I've been trying to nag Korro into headhacking it for me to use as a per-skin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #147
    November 2010
    44 Posts
    Someone could also port some props from Halo Reach as well, I would love to drive one of these in Gmod:

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/HuCiv_HC1500
    (These trucks only appear on the last mission, and yes the are driveable in-game. You can even jump the broken bridge with the tractor unit version)

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/S-2_Traxus_Cargo_Transporter
    (The Classic Forklift that was made driveable in Reach)

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Cart
    (Another vehicle ONLY found on ONI: Sword base)

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_flatbed_truck
    (The civilian Warthog)

You should be asking:
    Can't you just turn on your Xbox and spawn them in Forge mode?

No, Civilian vehicles are NOT available in Forge mode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13 (list)

28. Post #148
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,345 Posts
    Someone could also port some props from Halo Reach as well, I would love to drive one of these in Gmod:

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/HuCiv_HC1500
    (These trucks only appear on the last mission, and yes the are driveable in-game. You can even jump the broken bridge with the tractor unit version)

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/S-2_Traxus_Cargo_Transporter
    (The Classic Forklift that was made driveable in Reach)

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Cart
    (Another vehicle ONLY found on ONI: Sword base)

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_flatbed_truck
    (The civilian Warthog)

You should be asking:
    Can't you just turn on your Xbox and spawn them in Forge mode?

No, Civilian vehicles are NOT available in Forge mode.
    I don't want to be mean, but read the damn thread. He's been asked a hundred times, and he's said a hundred times, that he doesn't have access to the Reach models, and he only has these because he got them from other people, who aren't porting models anymore.

29. Post #149
    November 2010
    44 Posts
    I don't want to be mean, but read the damn thread. He's been asked a hundred times, and he's said a hundred times, that he doesn't have access to the Reach models, and he only has these because he got them from other people, who aren't porting models anymore.
    Thanks for your patience, I'll make less requests from now on. I'll see if someone already ported Halo 3 props with some of these vehicles included.

Edit: By the way, here's how Bungie made the forklift famous. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx_U98h_5ok

30. Post #150
    June 2010
    214 Posts
    Not the best, but certainly not the worst.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #151
    July 2010
    5,325 Posts
    If you're still looking for screens Korro, here's a pair I just finished up. Quoted for convenience.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

32. Post #152
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,570 Posts
    If you're still looking for screens Korro, here's a pair I just finished up. Quoted for convenience.
    Nice screenshots!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #153
    July 2011
    7 Posts
    Great stuff, but would anyone happen to know where I might find Halo:Reach weapon models? It would look a tad bit odd for them to be using HL2 weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #154
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,345 Posts
    Great stuff, but would anyone happen to know where I might find Halo:Reach weapon models? It would look a tad bit odd for them to be using HL2 weapons.
    READ. THE. THREAD. I'm sorry but you guys are just freaking relentless! The ONLY models that were ported have been given to Korro Bravin and he has used them. There are no weapons, enemies, props, etc available. There are plenty of Halo 3 weapons you can find for yourself on garrysmod.org though. Although it remains to be said that there is something seriously wrong with you if you were ever going to use the default half life 2 weapons to pose anything.

If anyone ever releases any more Reach models, I'm sure we'll be among the first to know and they'll be ported soon after.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #155
    January 2010
    679 Posts
    well i'm the only official person on these forums that can rip from halo reach and ATM i'm only working on getting the other variants of helmets and attachments out here for you guys to use, even if i wanted to rip those props i wouldn't until later on cause there is way to much awesome stuff to rip in reach first other thin props

36. Post #156
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,345 Posts
    well i'm the only official person on these forums that can rip from halo reach and ATM i'm only working on getting the other variants of helmets and attachments out here for you guys to use, even if i wanted to rip those props i wouldn't until later on cause there is way to much awesome stuff to rip in reach first other thin props
    Well first and foremost, I love you. Second, thank you SOOOO much for the Halo 3 props. I didn't actually know you could, since it was said that everyone who could rip has closed up shop. It's awesome that you're ripping props, I can't wait to see what you're making (btw R3c0n helm3t pls lol <3 ), but yeah, it's great that someone can. I'd say that the weapons are equally important, there's some sweet-ass weapons in Reach, but I'll leave you to it.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

37. Post #157
    July 2010
    442 Posts
    "Sorry to stab in, my name's Paul!"

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #158
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,345 Posts
    -eh, snip- I'm cranky.

39. Post #159
    July 2011
    7 Posts
    READ. THE. THREAD. I'm sorry but you guys are just freaking relentless! The ONLY models that were ported have been given to Korro Bravin and he has used them. There are no weapons, enemies, props, etc available. There are plenty of Halo 3 weapons you can find for yourself on garrysmod.org though. Although it remains to be said that there is something seriously wrong with you if you were ever going to use the default half life 2 weapons to pose anything.

If anyone ever releases any more Reach models, I'm sure we'll be among the first to know and they'll be ported soon after.
    Apologies. I did not know these things, and I usually just skip past everything in these threads but download links. Thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #160
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,817 Posts
    Played around with the updated one a little bit; Female 02 has a vertex in her head weighed to her right hand, I think it's part of her mouth. If you haven't already, I'd suggest moving the females' thigh bones a little closer together, as they currently cause unnatural distortion when rotated to face away from the body.
    Eye positions are also off on all of the headhacks, that's why their eyes look heavily glossed over.
    Other bugs have already been mentioned.
    I've also got some poses for you!

Squiddy posted:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)