1. Post #161
    July 2011
    1,464 Posts
    Korro, I found this
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=124188
    I didn't try it yet, but I think that these may help with the height of your Spartans
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Italy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #162
    July 2010
    5,364 Posts
    That's for a completely different model.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #163
    July 2011
    1,464 Posts
    That's for a completely different model.
    Can I reply with "Use it's HEIGHT, not the model"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Italy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #164
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,371 Posts
    Yeah, if that's a proper ragdoll that works, then Sebi is right, use whatever technique he used to resize the Spartans and add a foot or so to their model without effing up everything else. I don't know what you guys are on about, the idea is legitimate to me. I mean there may be a simpler way but if it worked for one ragdoll it could work for the Halo: Reach ragdolls as well.

5. Post #165
    July 2010
    5,364 Posts
    It's not legitimate because that's for one whole ragdoll. Korro said he knows how to scale up the models. Scaling up a normal model is easy. Scaling up a model that has a shit load of things bodygrouped to it and hacked on was what he was having trouble with so no it wouldn't help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #166
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,371 Posts
    It's not legitimate because that's for one whole ragdoll. Korro said he knows how to scale up the models. Scaling up a normal model is easy. Scaling up a model that has a shit load of things bodygrouped to it and hacked on was what he was having trouble with so no it wouldn't help.
    Makes sense to me, thanks for the clarification.

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,817 Posts
    Scaling up something with bodygroups works without problems. Just slap a $scale <#> before any of the SMDs in the QC and cha-ching, works fine. I've done it a dozen times.
    The problem now is the faceposing, since $scale doesn't apply to flexes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Show Events Informative Informative x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

8. Post #168
    August 2011
    11 Posts
    could anyone please tell me where to put this ive tryed gmod directory addons and even customly doing it!
    HELP!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

9. Post #169
    December 2009
    3,739 Posts
    could anyone please tell me where to put this ive tryed gmod directory addons and even customly doing it!
    HELP!!!
    I can not believe that you had intelligence enough for installing a not legit version of Gmod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

10. Post #170
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    I can not believe that you had intelligence enough for installing a not legit version of Gmod.
    Lol I find this as a reasonable response.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #171
    Headhack Honcho
    July 2009
    4,098 Posts
    HELP!!!
    :frog:
    curse you garry...

DIS VILL VORK!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

12. Post #172
    August 2011
    1 Posts
    Very awsome, but how do u change their armor? im kinda having that trouble but besides that for me this is so EPIC!!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

13. Post #173
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,003 Posts
    Very awsome, but how do u change their armor? im kinda having that trouble but besides that for me this is so EPIC!!!!
    First, learn how to English.

Then, if you don't have the Bodygroup Changer tool, go find it (just type it into Google or whatever), download it, and install it.

After that, spawn the Spartan from the browse tab in the spawn menu, and select the Bodygroup Changer.

Right click on the Spartan ragdoll to change the visor color, and use the sliders to select the part of the armor you want to change, then use the other slider to change it.

Then go drown yourself, because you couldn't figure this out and didn't read the bloody OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #174
    July 2011
    1,464 Posts
    First, learn how to English.

Then, if you don't have the Bodygroup Changer tool, go find it (just type it into Google or whatever), download it, and install it.

After that, spawn the Spartan from the browse tab in the spawn menu, and select the Bodygroup Changer.

Right click on the Spartan ragdoll to change the visor color, and use the sliders to select the part of the armor you want to change, then use the other slider to change it.

Then go drown yourself, because you couldn't figure this out and didn't read the bloody OP.
    It's impossible to hate you now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #175

March 2011
    34 Posts
    How did you get the model to have the orange color on the arms and legs in the first and second pictures?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

16. Post #176
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    How did you get the model to have the orange color on the arms and legs in the first and second pictures?
    You have to color the texture your self for the first two the two in the third just use the color tool.

17. Post #177

March 2011
    34 Posts
    You have to color the texture your self for the first two the two in the third just use the color tool.
    Okay, thanks for leting me know!

18. Post #178

September 2011
    1 Posts
    YES FINALLY ive been looking for these forever

Edited:

how do you change their armor plz respond
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Late Late x 2 (list)

19. Post #179
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,724 Posts
    DAT ASS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 2Useful Useful x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #180

June 2011
    2 Posts
    When i downloaded it, the pack only had one ragdoll. Help?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

21. Post #181
    December 2010
    2,025 Posts
    When i downloaded it, the pack only had one ragdoll. Help?
    Sigh, use Bodygroup Changer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

22. Post #182

September 2011
    12 Posts
    Hello.When I use my color changer tool,it changes the white,gold and shades of black to what I color I chose(eg. blue,red,etc).The whole thing is red,blue,etc.How can I make it so it won't do that?

23. Post #183
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,871 Posts
    I'm sorry about dumping my rant here, but the people in the Halo section will flame me. Also, to stay on topic, cool models bro. Takes a lot of effort to port so many bodygroups, so well done.

Anyways, the part you probably don't want to here:

This is largely unrelated to this thread, but I'll post it anyways. When I saw that model of Tucker I flipped my shit. I mean, RvB sucks. Now, before you go all fanboy-crazy on my ass let me explain myself. I'm not necessarily a hater, as I used to love RvB. However, the series has gone way, way, WAY down a steep ass hill lately. The funny jokes are still there, but now we have all this freelancer bullshit intruding on the fun. They're trying so hard to make some serious drama in a comedy and it comes off as out of place, retarded, and melodramatic. It's really just so they can have their CGI animator wack-off in our face for 30 minutes every other Monday. Last time I checked, the show was called Red vs. Blue, not Freelancers. If your CGI animator wants to go make his/her own shitty fan-fic spinoff series that's fine by me, but keep it out of the good stuff.

Anyways, the entire point of that was just to see if anyone else feels the same. I hope we can gather enough recognition to change the direction of the series before it's too late. So if you agree, well, rate agree.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #184

September 2011
    12 Posts
    I'm sorry about dumping my rant here, but the people in the Halo section will flame me. Also, to stay on topic, cool models bro. Takes a lot of effort to port so many bodygroups, so well done.

Anyways, the part you probably don't want to here:

This is largely unrelated to this thread, but I'll post it anyways. When I saw that model of Tucker I flipped my shit. I mean, RvB sucks. Now, before you go all fanboy-crazy on my ass let me explain myself. I'm not necessarily a hater, as I used to love RvB. However, the series has gone way, way, WAY down a steep ass hill lately. The funny jokes are still there, but now we have all this freelancer bullshit intruding on the fun. They're trying so hard to make some serious drama in a comedy and it comes off as out of place, retarded, and melodramatic. It's really just so they can have their CGI animator wack-off in our face for 30 minutes every other Monday. Last time I checked, the show was called Red vs. Blue, not Freelancers. If your CGI animator wants to go make his/her own shitty fan-fic spinoff series that's fine by me, but keep it out of the good stuff.

Anyways, the entire point of that was just to see if anyone else feels the same. I hope we can gather enough recognition to change the direction of the series before it's too late. So if you agree, well, rate agree.
    I do feel that it's missing something that makes it Red VS Blue but I personally like the new direction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

25. Post #185
    February 2008
    119 Posts
    Methinks the reason they do all the motion capture is because Monty Oum is working with them now. He's all about over-the-top fight scenes.
    RvB is getting a little over the top these days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #186
    November 2009
    1,813 Posts
    Methinks the reason they do all the motion capture is because Monty Oum is working with them now. He's all about over-the-top fight scenes.
    RvB is getting a little over the top these days.
    I can agree, the majority of the fighting for like the first 3 episodes were stupidly bad, not even micheal bay is that bad.

The Training fight from the last few weeks was a bit more barable, but not by much
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,371 Posts
    The fighting is always just so mind-numbingly over the top, every time it's party A. Kicking incomprehensible amounts of ass and party B. getting violated in every way possible to show on video, regardless of who is who. I mean I appreciate the choreography but it wouldn't kill them to balance it just a tad, would it?

28. Post #188
    I am An Hero!
    March 2011
    221 Posts

Man, i love these ragdolls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #189

August 2011
    1 Posts
    AWESOME!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

30. Post #190
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,724 Posts
    Lighting could still use some improvement

edit: Hack some odst parts onto the spartans as extra bodygroups?

31. Post #191

September 2011
    12 Posts
    Hello.When I use my color changer tool,it changes the white,gold and shades of black to what I color I chose(eg. blue,red,etc).The whole thing is red,blue,etc.How can I make it so it won't do that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #192
    "Only through the elimination of violence can we achieve world peace." - Y.K. Kim
    August 2009
    7,710 Posts

Man, i love these ragdolls.

this made me laugh so much
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #193
    I am An Hero!
    March 2011
    221 Posts

this made me laugh so much
    After an hours work, it still looks terrible...
    Goddammit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #194

August 2011
    84 Posts
    Can i has some helpz i cant change the armor only the visor colour plz reply
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

35. Post #195
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    Can i has some helpz i cant change the armor only the visor colour plz reply
    READ THE FUCKING OP and if it isnt in there just refer to the other posts where people have asked the same damn question.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #196

August 2011
    84 Posts
    I HAVE DUDE AND IT STILL DONT WORK!

Edited:

:( can someone make a video of them using it that would be helpful to me and probally many others :D well atleast consider it

Edited:

FINNALY GOT TO WORK :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

37. Post #197
    May 2011
    570 Posts
    After an hours work, it still looks terrible...
    Goddammit.
    lrn2 anti-alias and actually head-hack.

38. Post #198
    May 2011
    914 Posts
    I just had an interesting thought about the height situation, and maybe my theory could help. I'd like to call this the "Redfield Standard". Apparently, Chris Redfield is roughly 6'1'' tall (according to the RE Wiki). Using the Chris model on G-Mod as the base ,you could technically make characters the proper height (Halo Spartans are usually 6'5'', Space Marines, or Adeptus Astartes from Warhammer 40k, are roughly 7'-7'5'', etc.). Let me know if I'm in any way right or wrong :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,371 Posts
    lrn2 anti-alias and actually head-hack.
    Korro actually headhacked all of the citizens into the Reach body, which is what he's using unless he's retarded.

Edited:

I just had an interesting thought about the height situation, and maybe my theory could help. I'd like to call this the "Redfield Standard". Apparently, Chris Redfield is roughly 6'1'' tall (according to the RE Wiki). Using the Chris model on G-Mod as the base ,you could technically make characters the proper height (Halo Spartans are usually 6'5'', Space Marines, or Adeptus Astartes from Warhammer 40k, are roughly 7'-7'5'', etc.). Let me know if I'm in any way right or wrong :D
    I'm pretty sure you can actually just scale the models to real units, they just haven't because re-scaling with bodygroups is a bitch. And who said that Chris is the proper height? Is he?

40. Post #200
    August 2011
    79 Posts
    Holy crap, let the machinima begin! Downloading...