1. Post #921
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,233 Posts
    solution, get a friend to go with you, stop where you want to start and then have the friend drive out to a certain distance to check for cops. if none, test car.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #922
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    On the way to my sisters, husbands work, it has a 20 mile long, completely straight road. He's maxed out both my sisters Soul, and his 09' Ram.

3. Post #923
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts
    HAHA! Sounds risky! The car wasn't too bad at that speed to be honest although I wouldn't have held much hope for the brakes if I had to make a sudden stop, it was a nice straight and nothing (or so I though) about so I thought I'd test it out. Can't believe the pistons didn't come flying through the bonnet, the engine was howling!

Managed to get 120 on the clock (113 on the Satnav) when I was sent out in the work car 1.2 Renault Clio. When you join the M6 toll road there's a nice long stretch downhill and there's never much traffic about. Now that's one car that really shouldn't ever see those kind of speeds!
    My Getz has a supposed top speed of 102mph and 81bhp and my Mums boyfriend had indeed maxed it out once! But 8 years on, its probably like 90mph? haa
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #924
    May 2009
    2,741 Posts
    -snip-
    wrong thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #925
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,111 Posts
    My dad's car, a Renault 21 Nevada of 1988. This baby will be mine.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events Winner Winner x 5Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #926
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    156 Posts
    My 240SX's governor kicked in at 115mph. Cut the speed sensor on the ECU, and then it would go around 135. I miss that car. :[
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

7. Post #927
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,115 Posts
    My car could apparently hit 145mph (230km/hr) when it was new.

Fastest I've been in it was around 120mph (190km/hr) but its auto-tradgic and I left it in "sports" mode which disables overdrive.

This was out on the way to Roma which is flat open roads and the only things to watch out for are kangaroos and cows (which will wreck your car if you hit even at 100km/hr)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

8. Post #928
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,593 Posts
    The good ol' Prelude underestimates her own top speed. In the book it's listed as 142 but I've managed just over 150 before it bounced off the redline and the speedo reads a tiny bit low so it could have been 152. Does 120 in 4th Gear, crazy tall gearing for engine size
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events

9. Post #929
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Kinda how mine is, like i said i was still in 4'th gear doing 110 and i was just barely over cruising-speed-rpm's. Then again, seeing as how he put posy in the rear i think he may have changed the gears, too. Still though, I shutter to think what i could top it out at, never even tried

10. Post #930
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,233 Posts
    I can get to 65 in 2nd, but I only have 4 gears and reverse.

11. Post #931
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Hm...I think i can just get to 60 at redline (2nd), makes for some nice 0-60 times seeing as the higher rpm's are where all the power is. Got nothing low-end in it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #932
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,587 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #933
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    That Corolla is hot.

You should totally buy my XXR 521's for that bucket :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

14. Post #934
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,587 Posts
    If they're black and machined, maybe.

What size?

Also, debating on removing the stickers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

15. Post #935
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    They are gold and machined :S But honestly wouldn't look bad if you painted them black.

They're 16x8, lug pattern is 4x100/4x114 and the offset is.... +35 I think.

16. Post #936
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,587 Posts
    GOLD and machined?

my inner baller is swelling

17. Post #937
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Yeah. Had then on the CRX and the Civic at one point but the CRX was too beat and the Civic wasn't really down for the baller/hellaflush look.

The wheels are overall pretty clean. A small bit of rash around the edges on a couple but they could be buffed out easily if it bothers whoever.

Two tires are 195/45R16 and two are 205/50R16, both are directionals and the 205's are pretty much new.

Anyways, washed my bitch today.

I need moarlow. :C Eventually when I get my driveway fixed, I'm going there.

18. Post #938
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,587 Posts
    dat towhook

19. Post #939
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    I'd have a roofrack too if I could find one for it. There's a specific style I like.

20. Post #940
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,064 Posts
    I just bought this the other day for $500 but its what I drive around now

it's a 1964 Chevrolet Heavy Duty C20 3/4 Ton truck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #941
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    9,709 Posts
    I just bought this the other day for $500 but its what I drive around now

it's a 1964 Chevrolet Heavy Duty C20 3/4 Ton truck.
    Do want

No, really.

Do want
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

22. Post #942
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,064 Posts
    Do want

No, really.

Do want
    I love it already and it has a 292 Strait 6 motor in it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

23. Post #943
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    292 straight six, not 292 horse. There's a 66 in my back yard with the same engine, stout motor for as old as they are. Looking at more like 80-100 horses, 80 being more realistic.

It's a nice truck though. I have a '64 myself but it's a half ton. My grandpa bought it new in 1964 and passed it down to me when he died.

24. Post #944
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,064 Posts
    292 straight six, not 292 horse. There's a 66 in my back yard with the same engine, stout motor for as old as they are. Looking at more like 80-100 horses, 80 being more realistic.

It's a nice truck though. I have a '64 myself but it's a half ton. My grandpa bought it new in 1964 and passed it down to me when he died.
    You learn something new everyday and why you sir have just tought me something. But yea I think they're real nice trucks and parts are pretty cheap as well.

Edited:

and there I even fixed my post for you so my hats off to you sir
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #945
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    You should definately clean those old steelies up and paint them black or white, and thake that grill guard off. It's pretty ugly.

And clean the rest of the truck up, all of that green makes me sick.

Really though, you have a good truck. Take care of it. They're getting hard to find.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #946
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,064 Posts
    You should definately clean those old steelies up and paint them black or white, and thake that grill guard off. It's pretty ugly.

And clean the rest of the truck up, all of that green makes me sick.

Really though, you have a good truck. Take care of it. They're getting hard to find.
    Yea I'm looking into how much the bodywork would cost I hate the green and it wasnt the trucks original color someone painted it. I'm thinking a white top with a baby blue body, that would be nice. And yea I also have to put a new bed in the original wood bed is rotted out but I have plenty of rough cut lumber to use.

27. Post #947
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Looked it up, the 1960-1966 292 I6 had 165hp, who knew. No V8 option until 1965 (although back in the day you could order any engine pretty much, much more lenient than today's automotive industry).

My '64 C15 came with one of the I6's, the 230 or 292, I wouldn't know. It currently has a 455 olds in it with a 350 turbo iirc. It's red with a white top. I do like the two tone style on these trucks, the baby blue would look pretty nice. I'm all for it. My dad used to have a baby blue one with a white top with an old 350 down in it, since my grandpa gave me the '64 he decided all the boys should have a C15 in that generation and we got a few :) He had the '65, I have the '64, and my brother had a '65 that was satin black with orange trim pieces. It had a 383 stroker in it from what I remember, but the guy my dad had paint it fucked it up because he was driving it around and it wasn't ready.

My brother traded his to a friend IIRC, my dad sold his, and I'll keep mine until the day I die.

28. Post #948
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,066 Posts
    I kinda want an old truck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

29. Post #949
    Sorry about the downtime, now buy shit.
    February 2010
    1,588 Posts

My 2000 Chevy Prizm (formerly owned by Geo). She was cheap, runs GREAT, and gets me where I need to go. And she's got a sunroof. Bitches like sunroof's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #950
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Aren't those just Corollas with a slightly better radio?

31. Post #951
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    8,064 Posts
    looking at new cars.

War Machine is falling apart, her transfer case, rear differential, and transmission all went out at the same time. Right after my powertrain warranty ran out.

Looking at a Subaru Impreza 2.5i, are those good cars? I adore Subarus. (also, are those fast? i'd love to get something fast after having a 1.5 ton SUV for 5 years)

32. Post #952
    December 2010
    215 Posts
    Finally got my car out on the road and I love it. Its a 93 Integra, I'll post pictures as soon as I have access to a camera.

33. Post #953
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,352 Posts
    Yea I'm looking into how much the bodywork would cost I hate the green and it wasnt the trucks original color someone painted it. I'm thinking a white top with a baby blue body, that would be nice. And yea I also have to put a new bed in the original wood bed is rotted out but I have plenty of rough cut lumber to use.
    i just wonder how mad do you have to be to think that shade of green is a nice colour
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

34. Post #954
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Aren't those just Corollas with a slightly better radio?
    Yep. That, and Geo was always a GM/Chevrolet brand anyways. I don't recall anything in the brand actually being a GM product, it was their captive import brand. Chrysler tried this with Eagle, Ford just used its own major brands but it never really had any captive imports... It was always teamed up with Mazda of ventures like the Probe, and the early '90s Mercury Capri.

35. Post #955
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,358 Posts
    so, that corolla I was on about, AE86 GT Coupe, that's the hatchback model right? And the GT-S is the notsohatchbacky one?

Edited:

wait why did I even post this here, I'm an idiot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

36. Post #956
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Coupe == notchback.

37. Post #957
    June 2007
    52 Posts
    I posted a little while back about my Caprice and my Winter car which was my crown victoria.

I bought the crown vic for 1500...didnt like it (its a ford, Im a GM guy and it needed to much work) so I sold it, made my money back, and bought this...for 700 bucks...
    The engine is clean as a whistle, no rust at all on the underbody, it was elderly owned and only has 66,000 miles! Interior is perfect. Everything works apart from the power windows. I love this little car. Sadly this car had a life of sitting out in the sun. It has actually been repainted before in the late 90's.
    1987 Oldsmobile delta 88 Royal Brougham. It needs NO work, has BRAND new tires runs like a champ and to top it off, 24mpg city, 28hwy.

38. Post #958
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,587 Posts
    It's actually pretty rad, would you repaint it the same color?

39. Post #959
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Does it come with a complementary pack of cigarettes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #960
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,066 Posts
    Comes with a pack of Winstons
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events