1. Post #961
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,978 Posts
    I posted a little while back about my Caprice and my Winter car which was my crown victoria.

I bought the crown vic for 1500...didnt like it (its a ford, Im a GM guy and it needed to much work) so I sold it, made my money back, and bought this...for 700 bucks...
    The engine is clean as a whistle, no rust at all on the underbody, it was elderly owned and only has 66,000 miles! Interior is perfect. Everything works apart from the power windows. I love this little car. Sadly this car had a life of sitting out in the sun. It has actually been repainted before in the late 90's.
    1987 Oldsmobile delta 88 Royal Brougham. It needs NO work, has BRAND new tires runs like a champ and to top it off, 24mpg city, 28hwy.
    Isn't that a 3.8l v6?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #962
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,066 Posts
    Looked it up, the 1960-1966 292 I6 had 165hp, who knew. No V8 option until 1965 (although back in the day you could order any engine pretty much, much more lenient than today's automotive industry).

My '64 C15 came with one of the I6's, the 230 or 292, I wouldn't know. It currently has a 455 olds in it with a 350 turbo iirc. It's red with a white top. I do like the two tone style on these trucks, the baby blue would look pretty nice. I'm all for it. My dad used to have a baby blue one with a white top with an old 350 down in it, since my grandpa gave me the '64 he decided all the boys should have a C15 in that generation and we got a few :) He had the '65, I have the '64, and my brother had a '65 that was satin black with orange trim pieces. It had a 383 stroker in it from what I remember, but the guy my dad had paint it fucked it up because he was driving it around and it wasn't ready.

My brother traded his to a friend IIRC, my dad sold his, and I'll keep mine until the day I die.
    That's pretty good for a 6 cylinder and if I didnt like it the way it is I would try dropping my Dodge Rams 360 V8 Magnum in it but that would be a bitch to do and I feel like it would take away some of the character. But the 292 from what I've heard is one of the best motors ever and is damn hard to kill. I'm debating on painting the rims white.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

3. Post #963
    June 2007
    52 Posts
    It's actually pretty rad, would you repaint it the same color?
    I dunno if they still have this color available in stores, but possibly! I like it, it just looks like hell. If not, maybe white since the interior is red! It's been raining all day and the car LOOKS way better when the paint is wet from the rain, because of the clear coat. So if i do deiced to not paint it, I may just re-clear coat it to make it a teny bit better.

Does it come with a complementary pack of cigarettes?
    Sadly it did not, but I wouldn't want an old granny pack of pall malls or some shit anyway ;) so I put in my own.

Isn't that a 3.8l v6?
    I know, right? Crazy as hell. My dad used to have a 94 Buick Century with the 3400 in it, or maybe it was the 3100, but he got a respectable 25city. I don't really understand how at the time they had the v6 engines with throttle bottle that were SUPER efficient, then I have the 5.0lit 305 V8 in my Caprice that gets a 12 miles to the gallon.

I dont know, but I wont argue with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

4. Post #964
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    $100 Civic get

I have a Honda farm going on. :S

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

5. Post #965
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,868 Posts
    sick hood decals
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

6. Post #966
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    590 Posts
    How long does it take until they're fully grown?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

7. Post #967
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    How long does it take until they're fully grown?
    Depends on the weather and how much Dr.Pepper is left.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #968
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,600 Posts
    why are you growing hondas sir
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

9. Post #969
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    I dunno man, I dunno. Not pictured is a fourth Civic, identical to my new purple (Both automatic EX coupes) one but the body is a lot nicer. I'll be taking most of the body panels off of it for the new purple slug since they are already painted to match.

10. Post #970
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    That truck in the background has some madtyte rims yo

11. Post #971
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    That truck belongs to a kid named Justin, we just moved shop so it's sitting out at the place on a trailer. It's an S-10 that we swapped a 229 V6 w/high rise into, and he has some fugly 20s on it. Not terrible looking rims, but terrible on that truck. Would look much better on a newer Camaro or something.

I wouldn't own 20s, personally. I think rims over 17 inches in diameter should be kept away from anything that "those one people" haven't gangsta'd out.

Although some 16-17 inch rims are fucking ugly as well.

Reminds me of my friend Sarah's riced out CRX.

I'm so sorry, you poor CRX. The terrible thing is that it was an HF model, one of those that gets upwards of 45MPG. :/ Now it's a pink bumblebee with a VTEC head with no VTEC hooked up and lambo doors. It used to be really clean .___.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #972
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    CRX's are pretty rare for me. Last one I saw was missing literally all of its fenders and missing the hood. Had some bigass turbo on it that looked like the ones you'd see on a drag racer.

13. Post #973
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    I see one every day.

When I walk out my front door.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

14. Post #974
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,600 Posts
    so when you engine swap, is there some process you have to go through to get it l 3 g a l 1 z e d 420
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

15. Post #975
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    In America? Nope. As long as it still passes emissions and inspection (if your state has them).

In my state there is only a tagging/title fee, you could be driving a rusting pile of garbage and it'd be road legal with tags/insurance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #976
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,739 Posts
    Sik cold-air bro.

17. Post #977
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    So cold and high-speed the air filter got sucked in man

18. Post #978
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Justin knows how we do it

Also, I had a filter on it but it wasn't clamped down, I need to get a clamp for it from the shop. When I got it, it didn't have anything on there. Back when I used to have it, it was all stock under the hood, and the battery was in a diamond-plate aluminum box in the trunk. For some reason they moved the battery to the front but removed the airbox to do so!

I have an OEM battery box to set the battery in the stock position, which is where I have it half-ass sitting now.

19. Post #979
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,099 Posts
    Is that RV your home? If not, let me have it.

20. Post #980
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    It's a little travel trailer that I'm staying in until I get my house built on that slab down there.

I say little, it's actually pretty big. As big as some studio apartments inside, just allocated more lengthy. Real nice setup, got a heater and A/C, gas stove, fridge, full bathroom although the bathtub is a bit tiny. I have two beds, one is a full size twin bed the other is a couch that folds out. It's p slick.

21. Post #981
    Sorry about the downtime, now buy shit.
    February 2010
    1,588 Posts
    Aren't those just Corollas with a slightly better radio?
    Yep. Geo was a joint effort between Toyota and Chevy. Hell, when I was taking the dashboard apart to replace the lights, the parts were stamped, "TOYOTA."

22. Post #982
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Geo was not a joint venture between Toyota and GM, it was a subdivision of GM developed to sell captive imports under. In exchange for the Corolla, GM gave Toyota their Cavalier (Look up the Toyota Cavalier, the TRD version looks p badass).

Other cars used under the Geo name were the Suzuki Swift (Or Suzuki Cultus depending on what side of the pond you live on), the Isuzu I-mark/Gemeni, Isuzu Impulse with a funky nose on it (The Geo Storm), and the Suzuki Sidekick.

The Prizm was the only Toyota under the Geo name and one of only two name tags (the other being the Nova in the '80s) given to the only Toyota that Chevy used in its lineup, the Corolla.

The only joint venture that Toyota and GM ever had was the NUMMI plant, and that ended badly. I'm pretty sure that plant makes Tesla cars now.

23. Post #983
    July 2007
    436 Posts
    I finally got pics of both of my cars cleaned up and waxed together.. here is a pic of me and my 2006 Mustang, and my 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #984
    June 2007
    540 Posts
    I finally got pics of both of my cars cleaned up and waxed together.. here is a pic of me and my 2006 Mustang, and my 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA

You're awesome.
    I love the late 80s Trans Ams more than any other car, and I like Mustangs too- that's a fantastic picture right there. If it didn't have a random person I don't know in it, I'd have a new desktop background.

Man, that's beautiful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #985
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Those cars both really match the desert. Sexy cars and scenery.

26. Post #986
    July 2007
    436 Posts
    Thanks man! ask and you shall receive

Trans ams are my favorite car still, but I love mustangs too. Oh I thought i would show you a picture of my dash too i saw you guys talking about it a few pages before lol

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

27. Post #987
    June 2007
    540 Posts
    That's beautiful. The Trans Am looks like it just rolled out of the factory, at least to my untrained eye. The awesome digital dash is even better. Thanks for the pictures!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #988
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    951 Posts
    That dashboard just screams '80s. I love it though, beautiful car, man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #989
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,352 Posts
    old digital dashboards look pretty cool

Edited:

my dad has a senator unused in his yard, i don't know what he's going to do with it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

30. Post #990
    July 2008
    1,277 Posts
    Thanks man! ask and you shall receive

So many buttons on the steering wheel, what does it transform into?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

31. Post #991
    October 2010
    11,427 Posts
    KITT

Edited:

probably
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

32. Post #992
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,140 Posts
    As today was my first day off from work in a while I decided to give the FRP some TLC as she was looking pretty worse-for-wear after the trackday. All-in-all about 4-5 hours this morning spent on a detailed clean inside and out then as it was a nice day I decided to go on a quick B-road blast and took some shots whilst I was out:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #993
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,593 Posts
    Man I need to invest in a decent camera, would love to take some nice shots like that.

Car looks amazing man. I've seen a few on the roads and yours is by far the cleanest / mintest I've come across.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #994
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,140 Posts
    Man I need to invest in a decent camera, would love to take some nice shots like that.

Car looks amazing man. I've seen a few on the roads and yours is by far the cleanest / mintest I've come across.
    Cheers mate! you've been lucky to see some FRP's about then, I still have yet to see another one in the wild, although I do live in the sticks a bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

35. Post #995
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,099 Posts
    England looks awesome. I love that countryside.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #996
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts
    England looks awesome. I love that countryside.
    Awfully cold and horrible though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #997
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Better than hot sweaty and miserable with a dash of severe sunburn :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #998
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts

It's all purple again!

Gotta get four 8mm bolts and nuts with some broad washers to fix the bumper gaps and it'll be all good. Next is refinishing some of the claer coat and trying to buff out some of the scratches, I like the purple and I think I'm going to keep it that color.

39. Post #999
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,600 Posts
    carbon fiber hood, +10 hp
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #1000
    November 2011
    724 Posts

Nothing fancy, gets me from Point A to Point B. 177000 miles, no mechanical problems...except for bad ABS sensor.
    2002 Grand Prix SE.
    Horsepower: lmao
    Torque: rofl
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)