1. Post #1561
    March 2011
    642 Posts
    On the westside in paradise hills, you?
    There's more NM fp'ers than i thought, I live in Los Lunas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1562
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    I think there's another guy here that lives in ABQ like me, making ~3 total, and then another in Rio Rancho which is basically a suburb of ABQ...Pretty interesting if you ask me, it is a big city but still.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #1563
    April 2010
    1,692 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

4. Post #1564
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    10,051 Posts
    Dammit, I wish I had the money to still drive my Jeep :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #1565
    Bring the Noise!
    January 2007
    2,997 Posts
    My car was covered in bird shit after being parked under some power lines where the birds sit, took it to the car wash and most of it is still there. If you need a job doing, do it yourself. Once it's properly clean I'll get another picture up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #1566
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,271 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

7. Post #1567
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,609 Posts
    that's a very magazine / surreal image because of that flash
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #1568
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts

Yaint gonna catch the midnight rider.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

9. Post #1569
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,609 Posts
    become rat rod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1570
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,498 Posts

My bad side is no longer that bad in the front, at least it all lines up and looks good in the wet.

I don't know if I care for the license plate frame, it keeps getting bent out of shape for some reason and the only thing which keeps it from bent seems to be a frame.. It looks terrible since it gets messed up without, and terrible with.

Fuck Oregon and their front plate laws, every SUV and "muscle" car around here doesn't but soon as an import takes their off they get a ticket without even a warning first..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #1571
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts

My bad side is no longer that bad in the front, at least it all lines up and looks good in the wet.

I don't know if I care for the license plate frame, it keeps getting bent out of shape for some reason and the only thing which keeps it from bent seems to be a frame.. It looks terrible since it gets messed up without, and terrible with.

Fuck Oregon and their front plate laws, every SUV and "muscle" car around here doesn't but soon as an import takes their off they get a ticket without even a warning first..
    because ricers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #1572
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts

Could be worse. Could have a UK plate & holder stamped on its face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #1573
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,594 Posts
    Could be worse. Could have a UK plate & holder stamped on its face.
    Have looked at mine so many times thinking it would look better without the plates, I could just have the plates in the front window as I know a few people who roll round without any problems but just my luck I'll get pulled, fined and another 3 points on my license.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events

14. Post #1574
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts
    Have looked at mine so many times thinking it would look better without the plates, I could just have the plates in the front window as I know a few people who roll round without any problems but just my luck I'll get pulled, fined and another 3 points on my license.
    The system is, one warning, you're given like a week to correct it. Commit it again, and you get a fine & three points.

Whilst we're on about number plates...

I need to replace my plates soon (subject to a possible MOT failure), I guess I'm lucky in that I can (legally) have a choice. As about a third of Getz's come out with (too-wide-for-fixture) standard plates, and others, square plates.

I'm trying to decide which ones to get, depending on which look nicest.
    (Standard)

(or Square)

I'm quite tempted to change to square. What do you guys think?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

15. Post #1575
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,954 Posts
    standard
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

16. Post #1576
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Agree for Standard, Disagree for Square on the post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Useful Useful x 1 (list)

17. Post #1577
    PLEASE DON'T EAT ME!
    June 2009
    2,940 Posts
    Here's an album of my truck:

http://imgur.com/a/elmaV

18. Post #1578
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    I assume it smells like Doritos

19. Post #1579
    PLEASE DON'T EAT ME!
    June 2009
    2,940 Posts
    I assume it smells like Doritos
    If Doritos smelled like gas then yes it does.
    Gas tank right behind the seat worries me sometimes.

20. Post #1580
    July 2010
    132 Posts

All washed up and pretty, still some of those damn oxidization spots around on the hood etc. '95 with 238k!

21. Post #1581
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    10,051 Posts
    Nooooo it's reminding me of my newly sold baby :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #1582
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    If Doritos smelled like gas then yes it does.
    Gas tank right behind the seat worries me sometimes.
    Safest place for it in a crash
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1583
    PLEASE DON'T EAT ME!
    June 2009
    2,940 Posts
    Safest place for it in a crash
    Hm, a very flammable liquid right behind me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #1584
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    274 Posts
    Let me introduce you to my car, my 90 240DL volvo...

Comes complete with 15psi of 63 trim goodness,MSD 6al + blaster setup, PA system that is louder then cops with microphone to yell at any motherfucker daring enough to cut you off.(-1 horn in process) Domo-kun hood complete with trailer-trash sign and addition random bullshit I felt like adding to it. I have beaten a corvette in this car, I just think its funny a car I bought for $200 invested around $1200 into the engine and its faster then a $20,000+ car And yes I live in a trailer.

and a blurry photo of my crx I picked up for only $240 bucks, needed the entire wiring done had a fully rebuilt d16y8 swapped into it already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #1585
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,006 Posts
    I've ALWAYS wanted to turn an old, beaten up volvo into a sleeper. You've fulfilled my dream!

26. Post #1586
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Hm, a very flammable liquid right behind me
    Its better than somones car sliding under your truck and puncturing the tank, thus pouring the contents of the tank (flammable gasoline) all over the hood of their car, you know where all that heat and electrical stuff is.

Of course your truck is lower than mine, its highly unlikely that the tank would be damaged in most crashes.

27. Post #1587
    PLEASE DON'T EAT ME!
    June 2009
    2,940 Posts
    Its better than somones car sliding under your truck and puncturing the tank, thus pouring the contents of the tank (flammable gasoline) all over the hood of their car, you know where all that heat and electrical stuff is.

Of course your truck is lower than mine, its highly unlikely that the tank would be damaged in most crashes.
    What year is your truck?
    What engine and transmission do you have?

28. Post #1588
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    1970 f250 highboy
    360/390 with a granny 4speed
    4x4

29. Post #1589
    PLEASE DON'T EAT ME!
    June 2009
    2,940 Posts
    1970 f250 highboy
    360/390 with a granny 4speed
    4x4
    Nice
    That Red/Orange '71 F100/F150 you see in the background has a 4 speed that could pull a house down 1st
    Shifting in that thing is hell compared to my column shifter in my '67

30. Post #1590
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Nice
    That Red/Orange '71 F100/F150 you see in the background has a 4 speed that could pull a house down 1st
    Shifting in that thing is hell compared to my column shifter in my '67
    I was mirin that red one in the background.
    My truck shall get a red paintjob once its done being restored

31. Post #1591
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Let me introduce you to my car, my 90 240DL volvo...

Comes complete with 15psi of 63 trim goodness,MSD 6al + blaster setup, PA system that is louder then cops with microphone to yell at any motherfucker daring enough to cut you off.(-1 horn in process) Domo-kun hood complete with trailer-trash sign and addition random bullshit I felt like adding to it. I have beaten a corvette in this car, I just think its funny a car I bought for $200 invested around $1200 into the engine and its faster then a $20,000+ car And yes I live in a trailer.

<Volvo Sex>

and a blurry photo of my crx I picked up for only $240 bucks, needed the entire wiring done had a fully rebuilt d16y8 swapped into it already.

<CRX Sex>
    I like both of these

You should swap to some hard charge piping, that rubber hose is inefficient for pushing boost through. I can definitely see you getting a little gain from changing to hard piping. Get a cheap pipe bender or borrow a friend's and use some regular old muffler tubing, it works great. Then after you've got it bent to the shape just coat it with some engine enamel of your choice and it'll look awesome.

Also fuck yes domo

Also plans for the CRX? Besides selling it to me of course

Also get a ricey loud BOV so people know you mean bid'ness.

Also I'd give you like 5 hearts for that post but I can't rate posts for some reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

32. Post #1592
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Dose your volvo

33. Post #1593
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    274 Posts
    I like both of these

You should swap to some hard charge piping, that rubber hose is inefficient for pushing boost through. I can definitely see you getting a little gain from changing to hard piping. Get a cheap pipe bender or borrow a friend's and use some regular old muffler tubing, it works great. Then after you've got it bent to the shape just coat it with some engine enamel of your choice and it'll look awesome.

Also fuck yes domo

Also plans for the CRX? Besides selling it to me of course

Also get a ricey loud BOV so people know you mean bid'ness.

Also I'd give you like 5 hearts for that post but I can't rate posts for some reason.
    I would never sell my 91 SI, or my volvo. So far I'm looking into buying the 2.8L crankshaft for the volvo(its a 2.3 at the moment).
    I got a CBV on it so no one knows until it spools up(ass of the car sags and front end lifts up then it takes off too). The crx right now is my project car, I need a IACV for it as obd1 is throwing a check engine light for it(obd0 car, obd1 wiring harness, obd2 engine) and I need a drivers seat. Right now I'm using the passenger SI seat for the drivers and eventually I'm gonna paint it back to its former glory of red with black trim. Thanks for the comments I was expecting to get haters hatin'

34. Post #1594
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Both obd1 and obd0 IACVs are identical. I'm assuming the harness is the Si harness with a Rywire conversion harness at the ECU/Dizzy (or a similar conversion harness)?

Engines don't come in OBD either, lol. It's all in the sensors... OBD0/OBD1 stuff is interchangeable except distributor, OBD1/OBD2 distributor is interchangeable but that's it. If you're running the D16Y8 intake manifold that's probably the reason you're throwing a CEL, no spot for IACV. Grab you a D16Z6 or D15B7 manifold, they're easy to come by and better IMO, lots of people swear by the Y8 mani but too much hassle for the swap.

Anyways, there are a few people here that like Hondas and a few people who don't so don't expect everyone to like the CRX as much as me, most people are going to think it's a rice rocket :C

I'm the resident Civic/CRX expert though, I guess. If you need help with that rex just give me a shout. When I was old enough to turn wrenches I was turning them on Hondas and haven't put them down since. :)

Also, you going with Si seats back in the CRX? My '88 Si had seat covers on it when I got it, removed them to find mint Si seats so they've been uncovered ever since. My friend who is trading me out of it come the first of the month may be swapping them out for his leather NSX Recaro seats though.

35. Post #1595
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    274 Posts
    Both obd1 and obd0 IACVs are identical. I'm assuming the harness is the Si harness with a Rywire conversion harness at the ECU/Dizzy (or a similar conversion harness)?

Engines don't come in OBD either, lol. It's all in the sensors... OBD0/OBD1 stuff is interchangeable except distributor, OBD1/OBD2 distributor is interchangeable but that's it. If you're running the D16Y8 intake manifold that's probably the reason you're throwing a CEL, no spot for IACV. Grab you a D16Z6 or D15B7 manifold, they're easy to come by and better IMO, lots of people swear by the Y8 mani but too much hassle for the swap.

Anyways, there are a few people here that like Hondas and a few people who don't so don't expect everyone to like the CRX as much as me, most people are going to think it's a rice rocket :C

I'm the resident Civic/CRX expert though, I guess. If you need help with that rex just give me a shout. When I was old enough to turn wrenches I was turning them on Hondas and haven't put them down since. :)

Also, you going with Si seats back in the CRX? My '88 Si had seat covers on it when I got it, removed them to find mint Si seats so they've been uncovered ever since. My friend who is trading me out of it come the first of the month may be swapping them out for his leather NSX Recaro seats though.
    Trust me, I know what I'm doing. Its a complete d16y8 out of a 97 civic. I was explaining the computers to the generic crowd to show the difficulty of the wiring(was a bitch). No I don't have a Rywire converter I made the entire conversion myself. The y8 manifold I have is the one that only has a IACV on the throttlebody there is no spot for it on the back of it. I have a Fast idle control valve on it right now so it runs, idles around 1500rpm. I'm also a expert on hondas engines / all of volvos. I plan to find another Si seat eventually for the drivers side but for now I can just use it. I just need to find a IACV that has the 3 bolts so that I can swap it onto my manifold its the only thing that I did not wire into the CRX and its pulling the code 14 on OBD1.

36. Post #1596
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Ah, I see. Basically, you're doing it the hard way. I don't know why, but to each his own.

37. Post #1597
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    274 Posts
    Ah, I see. Basically, you're doing it the hard way. I don't know why, but to each his own.
    Bro I live in a trailer, I don't have money for official converters like rywire, even if they are cheaper on ebay. Question me this though, Which engines besides the y8 had a IACV that is the 3 bolt for under the thottlebody besides the y8? Nice crx btw.

38. Post #1598
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    I live in a trailer too. Don't think I'm super rich or anything, bro :P After I lost my house in April of last year, I've been struggling to get by.

On the intake, like I said it'd be easier to swap to a D15B7/D16Z6 intake manifold. I've honestly never liked the Y8 manifold. I had a D16Z6 manifold I would have gave you but I gave it away with the Civic I sold the other day. The only other throttlebody I think is like that.... Maybe the KA24/K20?

Also, there's a spot for an OBD1 IACV on the back of those manifolds, but it has to be drilled/tapped. And it might only be on automatic ones -- I can't remember.

And thanks, the CRX was boosted on an ebay turbo but now it's stock again, and in a couple weeks I'll be trading it to facepuncher Japfeiffer/The Pfeiffenator for his EG.

39. Post #1599
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    274 Posts
    I live in a trailer too. Don't think I'm super rich or anything, bro :P After I lost my house in April of last year, I've been struggling to get by.

On the intake, like I said it'd be easier to swap to a D15B7/D16Z6 intake manifold. I've honestly never liked the Y8 manifold. I had a D16Z6 manifold I would have gave you but I gave it away with the Civic I sold the other day. The only other throttlebody I think is like that.... Maybe the KA24/K20?

Also, there's a spot for an OBD1 IACV on the back of those manifolds, but it has to be drilled/tapped. And it might only be on automatic ones -- I can't remember.

And thanks, the CRX was boosted on an ebay turbo but now it's stock again, and in a couple weeks I'll be trading it to facepuncher Japfeiffer/The Pfeiffenator for his EG.
    Yeah I think it was out of a automatic I had to reroute the IAT into the intake pipe before the throttlebody. The only damn problem i have with the crx is that plastic sleeve on the clutch where you adjust the cable is broken,I fixed it with some washers but do they make metal ones? I was trying not to drill the intake as I don't want to have to buy another intake gasket. And I hear ya about loosing the house I lost mine 2 years ago been struggling since aswell. My neighbor has a EG parts car and It has the IACV on the backside of the intake but its only the 2 bolt. I'm thinking about trying to make a adapter for the bottem as I'm great at things like that. The k20 doesn't have it as its plastic, buddy has one of those.

40. Post #1600
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Snag his intake manifold bro, easiest way. Use the IAT/IACV that are already on that intake and the injectors you already have and slap it on. You'll have to get another intake gasket but it's worth it, far less hassle than the Y8 mani. Only other option really is to drill the intake or make some crazy adapter like you said.

The clutch cable end piece... Never seen a metal one. I'm sure a machine shop could fab one up but it'd be costly. Never had a problem out of the plastic ones myself.