1. Post #1641
    Facepunch Babysitter
    July 2009
    12,390 Posts
    Quite possibly the best $1700 I've ever spent. 91' MR2 Turbo with year 94+ tail lights.    Downside, sold with blown engine.. Plus side, might just be a blown gasket because the engine didn't seize up completely.   

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #1642
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    9,992 Posts
    Oh god those rims....

but anyway it's a sweet car and hope the engine won't be too much trouble to fix
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

3. Post #1643
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    4,794 Posts
    someone's eaten the steering wheel
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #1644
    Facepunch Babysitter
    July 2009
    12,390 Posts
    someone's eaten the steering wheel
    Somebody had a picking problem apparently, but the first thing I was doing either way was get a new wheel once I get it running, expect to get this.

Figure it'll match the rims and look good at the same time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #1645
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,664 Posts
    um dont keep those wheels for the love of whatever they look horrible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

6. Post #1646
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts
    I hate that generation
    am i seriously the only one that likes that generation?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #1647
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,900 Posts
    Well as long as you like it, it's all that matters. It's your car.

The good ol' EM2

8. Post #1648
    Facepunch Babysitter
    July 2009
    12,390 Posts
    um dont keep those wheels for the love of whatever they look horrible
    When I have the money to burn I will, but right now they work just fine. Besides, the interior needs a facelift a lot more than the wheels.

9. Post #1649
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    am i seriously the only one that likes that generation?
    I like that generation c:

i dislike the 06-10's or whatever came before the newest ones :v

10. Post #1650
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts
    i think every generation of mustang is fucking awesome except the mustang II

11. Post #1651
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    woah man
    crossed the line there

12. Post #1652
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts
    woah man
    crossed the line there
    im sorry

Edited:

Mustang II is just awesome not fucking awesome is what i meant

13. Post #1653
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    das rite son.

Cos i may DD this slow ass

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/2777268484.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #1654
    Mk II MR-2s are the best MR-2s.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #1655
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    748 Posts
    My current DD:

My last DD:

The pics suck, I know. For some reason I love taking photographs of other peoples cars and hate taking pictures of my own car.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #1656
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,431 Posts
    That's what makes me butt hurt. Unless you saved up and paid for that Mustang yourself, I'm utterly and absolutely butt hurt that you have that car.
    Why in the name of anything would parents give their kids a fucking Mustang with a 5 litre V8 and rear wheel drive? I have the feeling that not 10% of the kids driving around those cars appreciate it.

/butthurt

I like Hell Strikes Mustang for the same reason I like a lot of other 90's cars. The designs we're pretty subtle and not flamboyant at all, like newer cars. I like how they look like normal everyday cars, but car people can see they're a bit more special.
    Cars that looks like everyday cars but are special makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside C:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1657
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    748 Posts
    I assure you that nobody "gave" me that car, although I did partially fund it with money I inherited. Also, Im not a kid, or an incompetent driver.
    The Miata was my first (street legal) car, and it was handed down to me from my parents when I was 16, which I am very thankful for. I drove it for 6 years before selling it and buying the Mustang.

18. Post #1658
    March 2008
    9,992 Posts
    What's with all these Mustangs?

Are they dirt cheap or something in the US?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #1659
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,593 Posts
    Quite possibly the best $1700 I've ever spent. 91' MR2 Turbo with year 94+ tail lights.    Downside, sold with blown engine.. Plus side, might just be a blown gasket because the engine didn't seize up completely.   

Niiiiiiiice!

I'm on the lookout for one, being pretty picky as I wanna buy one as that's had most of the major work done recently so I can buy it and enjoy it without spending on it for a while so looking for one that's recently been resprayed, recent engine rebuild, tidy interior and the closer to 300bhp the better, preferably in red or white.

Picky I know but on occasions they do come up for sale, I've finally got the cash waiting so it's just a case of prowling every for sale section going to find it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

20. Post #1660
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,583 Posts

They can be cheap-ish in the US, but never first-car cheap from what I've seen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1661
    June 2007
    540 Posts

At least where I live, Mustangs are quite common.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #1662
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,664 Posts
    They can be cheap-ish in the US, but never first-car cheap from what I've seen.
    The V6s are first car cheap, definitely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #1663
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,583 Posts
    Really? I guess things are somewhat different where you live, because in Oregon, mustangs aren't nearly that cheap. are you talking about any specific year?

24. Post #1664
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    WOW

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT

WOW

BUT COBRA
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #1665
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts
    WOW

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT

WOW

BUT COBRA
    they're ugly imo im sorry we have different views on this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #1666
    May 2009
    2,847 Posts

dat rims
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1667
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,990 Posts
    Replacement bimmer in the works!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #1668
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    748 Posts
    Unless its 10+ years old I dont think a Mustang is cheap enough to be someones first car. But thats just my opinion based on the assumption that kids cant drive and will eventually wreck their first car.

My Mustang is the absolute base model GT (has the larger engine) with the only option being the shorter rear-end gearing (3.73 instead of 3.15).
    I bought it solely for the engine and the chassis. Its a fairly high reving 5 liter V8 and it handles pretty well for its size and level of comfort. I honestly dont really care for the looks, but thats not really my concern.
    Ive been involved in a few forms of motor sports, including kart racing, open wheel racing in Formula Vs, and autocrossing.
    The goal for this car is light autocross duty while remaining a reliable, unmodified car I can drive every day. I could have spent the same amount of money on a smaller cheaper car and built it to be much faster than the Mustang is but it would come at the cost of reliability.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #1669
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,990 Posts
    Unless its 10+ years old I dont think a Mustang is cheap enough to be someones first car. But thats just my opinion based on the assumption that kids cant drive and will eventually wreck their first car.

My Mustang is the absolute base model GT (has the larger engine) with the only option being the shorter rear-end gearing (3.73 instead of 3.15).
    I bought it solely for the engine and the chassis. Its a fairly high reving 5 liter V8 and it handles pretty well for its size and level of comfort. I honestly dont really care for the looks, but thats not really my concern.
    Ive been involved in a few forms of motor sports, including kart racing, open wheel racing in Formula Vs, and autocrossing.
    The goal for this car is light autocross duty while remaining a reliable, unmodified car I can drive every day. I could have spent the same amount of money on a smaller cheaper car and built it to be much faster than the Mustang is but it would come at the cost of reliability.
    Boosted Miata = ultimate DD/track monster.

30. Post #1670
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    748 Posts
    Boosted Miata = ultimate DD/track monster.
    It was pretty awesome, when it wasnt breaking down :/
    haha

31. Post #1671
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,990 Posts
    It was pretty awesome, when it wasnt breaking down :/
    haha
    You had a boosted Miata?

32. Post #1672
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    748 Posts
    You had a boosted Miata?
    Disco_Potato posted:
    My last DD:

33. Post #1673
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,990 Posts
    Wow, I'm an idiot haha. Beautiful car man, what kit did you buy? And are those 6ul's? I had the 15x8 bronze on my car.

34. Post #1674
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    748 Posts

The turbo setup was a basic BEGi setup (Manifold and downpipe), Turbo was a GT2854R, intercooler and related plumbing was custom.
    I had some epic boost creep issues I fought with for a long time that I was never able to fully resolve. After driving it for 5 years I was just sort of burned out on it.

I plan on getting a Miata again but this time it will be a pure race car, so I wont have to lose sleep when it breaks.

35. Post #1675
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts
    My current DD:

oh good god

36. Post #1676
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,472 Posts
    Really? I guess things are somewhat different where you live, because in Oregon, mustangs aren't nearly that cheap. are you talking about any specific year?
    There are like 8 mustangs at the high school I used to go to, only two were made after 2005 though.

The first being a supercharged, bodykitted, racin' stripped GT(i would hope) that's driven by a kid who mommy and daddy has repaired for him 2 or 3 times due to wrecks and supercharged for "gas mileage". The kid who owns it can't launch it for shit and think's he's the hottest shit ever because he's that worthless shit kid who plays his parents for every cent he can get.

The second is a very clean 2010 automatic V6 which is owned by a girl who's dad works for a dealership and she has the utmost respect for her vehicle.

The rest are either riced to fuck with random parts spray painted, blacked out, bottomed out and ebay spring'd or just beat to shit by their girl drivers who don't give a single fuck about them.

One of them actually wants to cut his ebay lowering springs, he already doesn't understand you can't hit speedbumps at speed and fly into parking lots and bottom out the car terribly like he does "every fucking morning" according to a friend of mine. I feel so bad for all of these mustangs as a few could have potentially been something other than a shit heap in a junkyard in a few years..

I really feel like american cars are pretty much the worst ricers around here. Everything seems to need tons of chrome, bodykits and spoilers because of areodumbatics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #1677
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,583 Posts
    There are like 8 mustangs at the high school I used to go to, only two were made after 2005 though.

The first being a supercharged, bodykitted, racin' stripped GT(i would hope) that's driven by a kid who mommy and daddy has repaired for him 2 or 3 times due to wrecks and supercharged for "gas mileage". The kid who owns it can't launch it for shit and think's he's the hottest shit ever because he's that worthless shit kid who plays his parents for every cent he can get.

The second is a very clean 2010 automatic V6 which is owned by a girl who's dad works for a dealership and she has the utmost respect for her vehicle.

The rest are either riced to fuck with random parts spray painted, blacked out, bottomed out and ebay spring'd or just beat to shit by their girl drivers who don't give a single fuck about them.

One of them actually wants to cut his ebay lowering springs, he already doesn't understand you can't hit speedbumps at speed and fly into parking lots and bottom out the car terribly like he does "every fucking morning" according to a friend of mine. I feel so bad for all of these mustangs as a few could have potentially been something other than a shit heap in a junkyard in a few years..

I really feel like american cars are pretty much the worst ricers around here. Everything seems to need tons of chrome, bodykits and spoilers because of areodumbatics.
    I see a lot of old japanese cars, like early 90's civics get riced out where I live.

38. Post #1678
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,900 Posts
    I'm so burnt out on mustangs, they have to make up atleast 20% of all the cars i see driving around. They aren't necessarily bad cars, i just don't want something that everybody else has. It seems like everyone drives automatic mustangs as well. Of all of the ones i've been inside of, i've never seen a manual.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #1679
    March 2008
    9,992 Posts
    I'm so burnt out on mustangs, they have to make up atleast 20% of all the cars i see driving around. They aren't necessarily bad cars, i just don't want something that everybody else has. It seems like everyone drives automatic mustangs as well. Of all of the ones i've been inside of, i've never seen a manual.
    Come to Norway

Here we see one Mustang a year (and just the classic one) and it's usually just on 17th of May when we have parades and shit where vintage cars drive behind to show off
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

40. Post #1680
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    692 Posts
    I guess I'll give this sub forum a try. Crosses fingers and hopes this isn't like other car subforums in non car related forums I've been on.

The daily

The toy

(mega old pictures)

My first, which I still have but is just sitting around in the backyard with a v8 swap and no tranny.

Yeah, its got a hood and bumper I'm not so proud of today but I was 16 and that was a long time ago.

I also have this sitting in a container stored away till the day I decide/can afford to restore it.

49 Chevy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)