1. Post #201
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Oh the other day I changed the stance of my car.

Also, last pic under the car cover: '67 Camaro w/454. Belongs to my uncle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

2. Post #202
    May 2009
    2,785 Posts
    Paint your hood please.. Its screwed anyway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #203
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Buy a real car and then you can tell me what to do.

Edited:

Also why would I waste good paint on a beat ass hood? I need another hood first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #204
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    Oh the other day I changed the stance of my car.

Also, last pic under the car cover: '67 Camaro w/454. Belongs to my uncle.
    Your tires are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too small dude. I can't even see the sidewall.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

6. Post #206
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,412 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #207
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Buncha riceburner faggots is what I see

jk bro, hella slick Hondas. The two EKs are looking nice, what wheels are on the EG? I don't care much for them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #208
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Disagree? wut so it isn't his car

anyways automerge isn't gonna work since it's been so long so

Edited:

It's done.

Dad's going to sell it now, sadly enough. He pretty much traded me for the CRX, so I'm okay with that because it gets me out of my $625 debt to him, and I only had $400 in the car.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

9. Post #209
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,412 Posts
    Buncha riceburner faggots is what I see

jk bro, hella slick Hondas. The two EKs are looking nice, what wheels are on the EG? I don't care much for them.
    They're noname 15's. The guy wasn't really keen on taking photos of his EG since it's a project car. He bought for $10.000 worth of parts for it, it's on its way home from Japan. He's going to build a B18 Integra Type R engine that he ordered, along with a shitload of other expensive parts. So it's going to be built over the winter. The goal is 255 whp.

The last one in the pic is a Civic EP3 Type R
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Denmark Show Events

10. Post #210
    May 2009
    2,785 Posts
    So the black crx is gone? :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Germany Show Events

11. Post #211
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    So the black crx is gone? :(
    I have a loooooooot of cars, bro. I owed my dad for the CRX since he bought it for me, and in return I gave him my Subaru. Then he painted it.

Edited:

They're noname 15's. The guy wasn't really keen on taking photos of his EG since it's a project car. He bought for $10.000 worth of parts for it, it's on its way home from Japan. He's going to build a B18 Integra Type R engine that he ordered, along with a shitload of other expensive parts. So it's going to be built over the winter. The goal is 255 whp.

The last one in the pic is a Civic EP3 Type R
    Oh, that EP3 is kinda nice too. I'm liking the wheels on that and the other EK, but OEM wheels are always kick ass, and VTi blades are kind of hard to find. Especially hard to find here, where they were never OEM on anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #212
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,412 Posts
    The other EK4's rims are Dotz, lol. They're a disgrace.

Here's a better pic from that place

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events

13. Post #213
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    I just cant get over the fact that Civics look like toys.

Edited:

I love them and all, but i don't like driving something that small.

14. Post #214
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,793 Posts
    I drive this, My first car:

A 2002 Citroen Xsara Picasso SX 2.0L HDi (Manual, Turbo Diesel) With Panoramic sunroof and A/C, 79k Miles.

I'm all for a practical car, being in a band I need to get gear and people around cheaply. With this I get 58MPG Average and can fit in the entire band PLUS gear without struggling for power... Plus it has armrests and fold out tables!. - Next best thing to having a van (Which I can't afford to insure at my age)

(FYI: That's our driveway ramp and I am allowed to be parked in front of it - A Peugeot Boxer van occupies the drive )
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Useful Useful x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #215
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,412 Posts
    I just cant get over the fact that Civics look like toys.

Edited:

Why? Because they actually have decent handling compared to big trucks/americars?

Every morning when I drive to work, I'm having the best time. I look forward to driving to work every morning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    7,982 Posts
    eventually I want to own a Honda, but I'm not sure which model yet

I don't like the way the civics look anymore; the older ones look much better in my opinion

Edited:

why? small cars are fun imo

honda civics are pretty safe if that's what you're worried about

17. Post #217
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    9,899 Posts
    I drive this, My first car:

A 2002 Citroen Xsara Picasso SX 2.0L HDi (Manual, Turbo Diesel) With Panoramic sunroof and A/C, 79k Miles.

I'm all for a practical car, being in a band I need to get gear and people around cheaply. With this I get 58MPG Average and can fit in the entire band PLUS gear without struggling for power... Plus it has armrests - Next best thing to having a van (Which I can't afford to insure at my age)

(FYI: That's our driveway ramp and I am allowed to be parked in front of it - A Peugeot Boxer van occupies the drive )
    Ahahahahahah oh goooood
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #218
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    eventually I want to own a Honda, but I'm not sure which model yet

I don't like the way the civics look anymore; the older ones look much better in my opinion

Edited:

why? small cars are fun imo

honda civics are pretty safe if that's what you're worried about
    I'm a big (tall, wide [not fat] guy) I don't mix well with small cars
    And i went to the carwash today
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

19. Post #219
    March 2008
    9,899 Posts
    I'm a big (tall, wide [not fat] guy) I don't mix well with small cars
    I'm 1.77 meters tall and fat and squeeze my ass into a classic Beetle every day
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,412 Posts
    I'm 196 cm, and my head scrapes on the roof of the Civic. I actually tried driving while having my head sticking out of the sunroof, but then the girl in the rear seat started punching me on my shoulder so i didnt do it for long

Ow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

21. Post #221
    September 2010
    185 Posts
    Why? Because they actually have decent handling compared to big trucks/americars?

Every morning when I drive to work, I'm having the best time. I look forward to driving to work every morning.
    You got a problem with american trucks?

DODJ

Dodge is about as quiet as a hybrid on the inside. Only thing I hear is tires and my radio. Roll bars are cranked tight, can't even wobble it no matter how hard I try. 3.9L V-6 w/ custom intake and filter units. Just hit 64,000 miles.

My old honda's engine ate itself, with the water pump, hoses, radiator, coolant tank, serpentine belt, timing belt, and a valve all going to pot within 3 months independent of each other. Even with regular maintenance. Mind you, fixing a ricer is such a fucking pain in the ass...tiny overpriced parts impossible to get in with human hands. I had to tow my honda with my dodge anyway lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #222
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,310 Posts
    Needs more trucks in this thread :

1997 Nissan Hardbody with 325k miles on it and the original clutch too!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #223
    March 2008
    9,899 Posts
    Needs more trucks in this thread :

1997 Nissan Hardbody with 325k miles on it and the original clutch too!
    That is freaking sexy

if I ever get a truck I'll get either that or the Hilux
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #224
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,310 Posts
    That is freaking sexy

if I ever get a truck I'll get either that or the Hilux
    Its not bad for a 2.4L 4 banger.

25. Post #225
    March 2008
    9,899 Posts
    My granddad had one a few years ago and he had that for ages and it never caused him trouble.

Also he drove it far into the forest almost every day where there wasn't even any tractor trails to pick berries
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

26. Post #226
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    Those nissans are some hardy-ass trucks. Still rather have a hilux.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #227
    September 2010
    185 Posts
    I'd love the new ram 3500. 390hp of cummins.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

28. Post #228
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    I'd love the new ram 3500. 390hp of cummins.
    Why are you worried about HP in a truck made for hauling and towing?

Edited:

The 690 "pound-feet" of torque is the number you should be looking at. You want horsepower, get the 1500 hemi 5.7 like my dad has, over 400 hp.

(the 3500 is only actually rated at 350 hp, 650 tq, hemi has over 400hp, 407tq)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #229
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,033 Posts
    The other 6.7 HO actually makes 800lb's, for more cash though which is unfortunate. Couldn't agree more with you. Ninja'd me actually
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

30. Post #230
    October 2009
    5,065 Posts
    my car makes 0hp and 0lbs of torks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

31. Post #231
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    You got a problem with american trucks?

DODJ

Dodge is about as quiet as a hybrid on the inside. Only thing I hear is tires and my radio. Roll bars are cranked tight, can't even wobble it no matter how hard I try. 3.9L V-6 w/ custom intake and filter units. Just hit 64,000 miles.

My old honda's engine ate itself, with the water pump, hoses, radiator, coolant tank, serpentine belt, timing belt, and a valve all going to pot within 3 months independent of each other. Even with regular maintenance. Mind you, fixing a ricer is such a fucking pain in the ass...tiny overpriced parts impossible to get in with human hands. I had to tow my honda with my dodge anyway lol
    That's a nice Dodge, but just because you didn't take care of the engine in that Honda doesn't mean it was a piece of junk. The water pump, timing belt, and accessory belts (What Honda did you have that had a serpentine belt? They were generally all ribbed single-drive belts) are all supposed to be replaced regularly, and are all VERY cheap compared to other cars. To put a new timing belt, water pump, accessory belt and even the head gasket on my CRX Si, all the parts I need, are $87. I could do a job like that in about 3 hours, too.

The parts for that EXACT SAME JOB on a 318 in a Dodge like yours is $158. The exact same job.

Hell, a water pump for my Honda is $23. One for your truck is $40. I don't know where you buy parts for foreign cars, but this is pretty much the story at every auto parts store I know of. Autozone, Advance Auto Parts, O'Reilly's Auto Parts...

Nothing wrong with American cars, though. If they were really junk I wouldn't have just bought my '79 Olds Cutlass. I can't wait to get the damn driveshaft, rear springs, and radiator in it so I can pull it out from our pasture and actually move it around. I also need a battery that won't shit on itself. That is really annoying, getting to crank it over about two fucking times before the batteries I have shit out. Ugh.

But I'm close. I also need to find a couple 15" tires for my front wheels. For the back I may have managed to talk my dad out of a set of M/T Streets he's got sitting around. Would be fucking boss.

Edited:

Its not bad for a 2.4L 4 banger.
    KA24E? I love how they had the same motor as the 240SX. Always wondered if you could bolt a KA24DE head on and use the exhaust manifold/intake off a 240 on one of those pickups. Would be neat as hell.

32. Post #232
    September 2010
    185 Posts
    That's a nice Dodge, but just because you didn't take care of the engine in that Honda doesn't mean it was a piece of junk. The water pump, timing belt, and accessory belts (What Honda did you have that had a serpentine belt? They were generally all ribbed single-drive belts) are all supposed to be replaced regularly, and are all VERY cheap compared to other cars. To put a new timing belt, water pump, accessory belt and even the head gasket on my CRX Si, all the parts I need, are $87. I could do a job like that in about 3 hours, too.

The parts for that EXACT SAME JOB on a 318 in a Dodge like yours is $158. The exact same job.

Hell, a water pump for my Honda is $23. One for your truck is $40. I don't know where you buy parts for foreign cars, but this is pretty much the story at every auto parts store I know of. Autozone, Advance Auto Parts, O'Reilly's Auto Parts...
    The honda parts were being replaced at regular intervals (usually before recommended times). The point is that it all broke at once. One after another, just turned into a nightmare of tiny engine parts. I had better luck reliability-wise just scrapping parts from the junkyard than the adv auto parts which kept failing (and were direct from manufacturer). Also, while dodge electrical is kind of sketchy, the mechanical parts on US trucks last damn near forever. I see a lot of old fords, dodges, and chevys with a million or two million miles on the engines. Besides, lets see a subaru haul drywall/piping/concrete/dressers/TVs, with a trailer stuck on the back. I make about $20 an hour just driving shit around for people who buy crappy plastic cars with no space.

Also, on the HP versus Torque argument--I do mostly hauling, only some towing. That thing tows like 16,000 pounds or something. That's good enough for me, and it gets 17mpg, which isn't bad for a work truck.

Edited:

At my old job we had a Ford F-650 with 3.2 million miles on the original engine, and the only thing replaced was the clutch, water pump, and fan. Though we did beef up the suspension.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #233
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    My moms Accord had a Serpentine. She just got a new one then totaled the car. Well, and a new battery, fresh oil change, cleaned and tuned engine, and something with the front suspension that was going out and got that replaced. Fucking Tundra that pulled out in front of us on a rainy interstate then saw a cop and slammed on her brakes. Due to my moms car not having ABS, we didn't even have a chance of stopping in that and hit the ladies tow bar. Truck drove away with no damage and then tried to sue my mom four months later for some damage to the front.

34. Post #234
    October 2008
    2,661 Posts
    Besides, lets see a subaru haul drywall/piping/concrete/dressers/TVs, with a trailer stuck on the back. I make about $20 an hour just driving shit around for people who buy crappy plastic cars with no space.
    My Subaru wagon has hauled about as much as a pickup such as a Ranger could.
    I had it loaded up with 980lbs of scrap metal. It included several driveshafts out of tandem axle dump trucks, a bunch of steel and copper pipes, a bunch of copper wire, huge buckets full of steel bolts, a bunch of carbs, and some other things I don't exactly remember.
    That was done 3 times to a scrap yard 60 miles away. I would have hauled a trailer, but don't have a hitch on my wagon.

35. Post #235
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,412 Posts
    I've never had to/had the need to haul anything in my entire life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #236
    March 2010
    94 Posts

So what do you guys think?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #237
    September 2010
    185 Posts
    My Subaru wagon has hauled about as much as a pickup such as a Ranger could.
    I had it loaded up with 980lbs of scrap metal. It included several driveshafts out of tandem axle dump trucks, a bunch of steel and copper pipes, a bunch of copper wire, huge buckets full of steel bolts, a bunch of carbs, and some other things I don't exactly remember.
    That was done 3 times to a scrap yard 60 miles away. I would have hauled a trailer, but don't have a hitch on my wagon.
    Not bad. That's a good chunk of change. We have a scrap yard a half-mile from my apartment. Once hauled 3 metal heaters, a steel engine, copper piping, copper scraps, a dozen ACs, shitload of tools, computers, metal shelving, and lead weights. Had 2,000 pounds in the bed and another 2,000 in a trailer. Made $700 that day. Good times.

Edited:

Scrappin' = Ghetto Investment Plan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

38. Post #238
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,440 Posts

So what do you guys think?
    Not a fan of the rims, cool paintjob tho.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #239
    December 2009
    654 Posts
    Put a picture of the Cobra up on Page 2, and I just decided to take an engine shot. Its nothing special, it needs cleaned bad though. Anyone know anything good to clean it with?

40. Post #240
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,097 Posts
    I've been here a while and talked Jeeps with Ldesu a lot but never actually posted my jeep

So here you go!

Edited:

Edited:

It's a lot dirtier and way more paint discoloration than what that picture shows. Also you can the front bumper where I hit a tree :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)