1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,309 Posts
    [release]

[release]
    [h2]About[/h2]
    People are starting to go missing around the Aral Sea. Nobody knows why, The only common report is the appearence of the mythical "Demon Lights of Moynaq", but that's just local hysteria, right?

Ivan's Secrets is a total conversion mod for the Source Engine, with a focus on Horror, RPG, and Tactical gunplay, set in the Aral Sea and it's surrounding areas.
    FEATURES

Realistic gunplay, firearms handle as they do in real-life.
    Recreations of accurate locations.[/list]Vastly improved enemy AI. They will now suppress, take cover and retreat.
    A total conversion, with no references to HL2.
    A variety of environments, from abandoned Soviet Bunkers to arid Valleys.
    Plenty of new enemies.
    22 fully customizeable weapons.
    A tense and moody singleplayer.
    An action packed and tactical co-op.
    Fully voice acted.
    A persistant inventory between both gamemodes, with semi-randomly generated items.
    [/release]

[release]
    [h2]What exactly is this mod?[/h2]
    Ivan's Secrets is a tactical shooter/RPG/survival horror singleplayer, and cooperative shooter. Inspiration has come from a variety of sources, not limited to: STALKER, SWAT 4, Fallout, Half-Life.

If you enjoyed any of the games previously mentioned, you'll definitley enjoy this. The focus is on a more tactical experience, so running and gunning generally won't get you far.
    [/release]

[release]
    [h2]So what do I need to play this?[/h2]

Not much at all! An installation of of any source game (CS:S, TF2, Portal etc.) is all that is required. Thanks to Valve's extensive library, you probably own one of these already.
    [/release]

[release]
    [h2]Tactical Experience?[/h2]

That's right. Your weapons are very effective, killing quickly. Unfortunately this also applies to you, and you'll die very quickly if unprepared and unaware. Make sure you're equipped for the right job, with an extensive selection of weapons and attachments to choose from.
    [/release]

[release]
    [h2]Can you tell me more about this "extensive selection"?[/h2]

In all, there are 22 weapons to choose from (which is more than enough, don't you agree?)

Not to mention the plethora of attachments. Scopes, silencers, laser pointers, flashlights, holographic-sights, ammunition counters...
    [/release]

[release]
    [h2]How exactly does Co-Op work?[/h2]
    Co-Op missions are semi-randomized experiences, including area-defence, clearing area's, searching for items and more, offering lots of replayability.

Your character is Spetsnaz trooper completly customizeable apperance wise, allowing you to create your own unique avatar.

Your Co-Op character has an inventory (identical to the single player) which you can fill up during your playing time. Your single player inventory also transitions to the Co-Op which is both a blessing and a curse. The health-packs you found in the Aral Sea might be more useful in Bangkok, but when you go back to the Aral Sea they'll be be missing...
    [/release]

[release]
    [h2]Media[/h2]

[/release]

[release]
    [h2]Links[/h2]

[/release]

[/release]

Decided to make a legit looking thread with more information about the mod. I am on the team so I thought that would be nice to (mapper).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner x 16Dumb x 6Friendly x 3Late x 1Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    December 2009
    2,302 Posts
    No, Jlea doesnt want any more threads atm. He is going to come back and shit bricks if this isnt deleted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,309 Posts
    No, Jlea doesnt want any more threads atm. He is going to come back and shit bricks if this isnt deleted.
    It isn't a thread for him to really post content in at all. It's just so people can talk about the mod. and if dev members decide on being a little nice and post W.I.P content whats so bad about that? I have known JLea for quite a while to, I don't think he will be as mad as you think.

The main reason for this thread is so people on FP can talk about the mod and discuss it. Making this thread does require any of the team members or JLea to post any content at all.

EDIT:

Didn't see that JLea requested the thread to be closed, was just looking through the event log of figuring out why i have gold member and saw that it was closed "Requested by JLea" My bad. I don't bother checking event log.. uhmm It is up to JLea though if he wants th is one closed. because that other one, was pretty much filled with crap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

4. Post #4
    January 2011
    1,593 Posts
    No real reason not to have a thread, it keeps people interested.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

5. Post #5
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,352 Posts
    Jlea currently has a huge lack of content anyway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,309 Posts
    Jlea currently has a huge lack of content anyway
    Even if he has content that hes not showing, or content that he has shown, this thread is basically for the mod. Not on content being released and all that. It is so people can talk about Ivans Secrets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    I hate US Marines
    July 2009
    4,145 Posts
    Butt gonna hurt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    Even if he has content that hes not showing, or content that he has shown, this thread is basically for the mod. Not on content being released and all that. It is so people can talk about Ivans Secrets.
    The last thread didn't have content, so it ended up with stupid discussions on irrelevant things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    December 2009
    2,302 Posts
    It isn't a thread for him to really post content in at all. It's just so people can talk about the mod. and if dev members decide on being a little nice and post W.I.P content whats so bad about that? I have known JLea for quite a while to, I don't think he will be as mad as you think.

The main reason for this thread is so people on FP can talk about the mod and discuss it. Making this thread does require any of the team members or JLea to post any content at all.

EDIT:

Didn't see that JLea requested the thread to be closed, was just looking through the event log of figuring out why i have gold member and saw that it was closed "Requested by JLea" My bad. I don't bother checking event log.. uhmm It is up to JLea though if he wants th is one closed. because that other one, was pretty much filled with crap.
    Im thinking he wants to build up content first, then release a big media update (As there havent been any in months)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

10. Post #10
    March 2011
    1,777 Posts
    Good OP imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #11
    Really, really, really, really likes parrots and water caustics. Also, hates titles.
    March 2009
    11,663 Posts
    got jlea's best interest at heart, eh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    I LOVE ANIME AND MAGICAL GIRLS BUT DONT TELL ANYONE
    January 2008
    11,525 Posts
    and because there's no content i'm making my own

[media]
    yeah i guess i'll stop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 19Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 3 (list)

13. Post #13
    January 2011
    1,593 Posts
    The last thread didn't have content, so it ended up with stupid discussions on irrelevant things.
    Its not like the TFTG thread is any different.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

14. Post #14

June 2011
    392 Posts
    I am looking forward to this more than most big budget releases.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    December 2009
    2,302 Posts
    got jlea's best interest at heart, eh
    If anyone is in the Ivans Secrets group on steam he made an announcement
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

16. Post #16
    August 2010
    1,366 Posts
    Well, I cant really see the problem of it if we just discuss/share opinions and suggestions on it. Its not like the devs HAVE TO post new media. We'll just keep this as a thread to talk about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

17. Post #17
    Really, really, really, really likes parrots and water caustics. Also, hates titles.
    March 2009
    11,663 Posts
    If anyone is in the Ivans Secrets group on steam he made an announcement
    oh man you got the [SESSION 9] developer tag you're so EXTREME

Edited:

serious business right here we're dealing with a session 9 developer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 23Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    December 2009
    2,302 Posts
    oh man you got the [SESSION 9] developer tag you're so EXTREME

Edited:

serious business right here we're dealing with a session 9 developer
    Dude, whats your problem? All you do is mock me (Dont and go make some smartass remark).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

19. Post #19
    March 2009
    11,663 Posts
    p much because you constantly acted retarded when you were on IS and still do when you weren't on it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    December 2009
    2,302 Posts
    p much because you constantly acted retarded when you were on IS and still do when you weren't on it
    No I dont, and thats no reason to continuously mock my posts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    March 2009
    11,663 Posts
    yeah you keep saying that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

22. Post #22
    February 2010
    12,352 Posts
    No I dont, and thats no reason to continuously mock my posts.
    why are you still here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

23. Post #23
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,257 Posts
    Last thread closed for "Requested by Jlea"

Logical conclusion? MAKE ANOTHER ONE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 19Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    I LOVE ANIME AND MAGICAL GIRLS BUT DONT TELL ANYONE
    January 2008
    11,525 Posts
    yeah but come on

it's always cool to at least take part in some discussion about this mod

also going with the spirit of customizeable weapon, it is now possible to detach the scope from my cardboard gun

spoilers - i only know how setkey/key works, help   

also animations
    [URL]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 14Funny Funny x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,257 Posts
    yeah but come on

it's always cool to at least take part in some discussion about this mod

also going with the spirit of customizeable weapon, it is now possible to detach the scope from my cardboard gun

spoilers - i only know how setkey/key works, help   
    But Jlea doesn't want any threads, that's why the other one was closed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

26. Post #26
    January 2011
    1,593 Posts
    But Jlea doesn't want any threads, that's why the other one was closed.
    The only real reason not to want one is if the mod is getting shut down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,410 Posts
    Thanks for the effort OP Insight, we'll use that next time

There'll be a new thread when we do the next media release. No, we're not dead. Lock this thread please.

*snaps fingers* Mods? Mods? MODS? MODS?!?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 15Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,309 Posts
    Last thread closed for "Requested by Jlea"

Logical conclusion? MAKE ANOTHER ONE
    Did you not read any of the stuff I wrote after OP? I have already said that I didn't see it. Before writing something up, make sure you actually know whats going on.

Yeah, it was my bad. Didn't see that he requested it to be closed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

29. Post #29
    February 2010
    12,352 Posts
    Move along people, nothing to see here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

30. Post #30
    January 2009
    1,528 Posts
    Did you guys kill the musket since I last asked about it still being in?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

31. Post #31
    I hate US Marines
    July 2009
    4,145 Posts
    I do believe it's dead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #32

July 2011
    53 Posts
    i also think its no more!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events

33. Post #33
    January 2009
    755 Posts
    I do believe it's dead.
    Shhh, that's Ivans secret
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,410 Posts
    Well this is gonna stay open, but don't expect anything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Jaykin Bacon: Episode 3
    May 2005
    2,399 Posts
    No real reason not to have a thread, it keeps people interested.
    Except the previous thread was a cesspool of bad jokes and backseat game designers voicing every slight flaw in a WIP mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Late Late x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    August 2010
    601 Posts
    (User was banned for this post ("What is this to do with anything? (Post edited to remove page stretching image)" - SteveUK))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Dumb x 14Informative x 2Funny x 2Agree x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    January 2011
    1,593 Posts
    Except the previous thread was a cesspool of bad jokes and backseat game designers voicing every slight flaw in a WIP mod.
    not many mod threads stray from that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,309 Posts
    mmm I asked for it to be locked... Oh well. Like JLea said, don't expect anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,048 Posts
    To be honest what I saw was a lot of great constructive criticism and a fantastic source of advice. If I was making a mod, in fact if I was doing anything creative, I would love as much input as these guys provided.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    August 2009
    7,895 Posts
    To be honest what I saw was a lot of great constructive criticism and a fantastic source of advice. If I was making a mod, in fact if I was doing anything creative, I would love as much input as these guys provided.
    We had page long discussions on how the player should open doors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)