1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,053 Posts
    I gave my only diamond pickaxe to a guy on a server, and while he's mining he falls into lava and goes "WHOOPS LOL BETTER GET ANOTHER".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 43Winner Winner x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    September 2010
    27 Posts
    when i waste too much time the 1st day looking for a cool spot to build my house with a bunch of materials i just gathered and dont notice how late it is... just imagine me running across a hill with 6 mobs after me while im screaming
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    December 2009
    7,256 Posts
    I'm sitting in a sweet survival server I found in the MCForums. I create a decent hidden base, and obtain a nice amount of diamonds and general materials from killing people. Eventually, a guy in full diamond rushes the hidden fort head on, and decimates me. Not sure how he found me, hidden underground. I come back to it later and find the entire fort ripped apart, and all my hidden chests looted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

4. Post #44
    known terrorist
    April 2011
    6,650 Posts
    Fuck I was mining in Nether and spazzed out, then relogged to be stuck on top of Nether in the void with the bedrock. And with all my loot. Almost 2 stacks of glowstone and soul sand, my tools, etc. Had to /kill myself.

NOOOOOTTCHHHHH
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 2 (list)

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,531 Posts
    How I can't figure out how to mod Minecraft on Linux. I'm dying to play around with pistons but without TMI it would take forever to find all the materials...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,784 Posts
    I'm sitting in a sweet survival server I found in the MCForums. I create a decent hidden base, and obtain a nice amount of diamonds and general materials from killing people. Eventually, a guy in full diamond rushes the hidden fort head on, and decimates me. Not sure how he found me, hidden underground. I come back to it later and find the entire fort ripped apart, and all my hidden chests looted.
    x-ray packs, it's why you never go near anything close to minecraft forums
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

7. Post #47
    Facepunch armorer
    February 2010
    3,978 Posts
    when my brother tnt'd my city

8. Post #48
    I LIKE BIG DUCKS AND I CANNOT LIE, YOU OTHER QUACKS CAN'T DENY
    December 2008
    13,249 Posts
    How you can die by falling off something not so high.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

9. Post #49
    March 2010
    4,000 Posts
    How I can't figure out how to mod Minecraft on Linux. I'm dying to play around with pistons but without TMI it would take forever to find all the materials...
    Where's the difficulty? I thought Minecraft was the same on all operating systems?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

10. Post #50
    March 2008
    3,186 Posts
    Where's the difficulty? I thought Minecraft was the same on all operating systems?
    it is

I dont understand his issue either.

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,632 Posts
    Just made full diamond tools and a fresh set of iron armour.

I was building a farm strip with lava lighting above it, water block in the middle below, the rows of wheat,
    at one end it has a piston which stops water getting to both rows.

Basically a creeper came in one end and blew up.

12. Post #52
    August 2010
    43 Posts
    I had a house, 'twas the best house, had no idea where it was though,
    ANYWAY
    I was mining, don't remember what I had, but anyway, I was mining when all of a sudden, I fell into lava, lost everything, including basically the WHOLE house untill I found it 4 months later.

Another time is when I died when I had diamond tools (this happened MULTIPLE times by falling in lava)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,894 Posts
    Just made full diamond tools and a fresh set of iron armour.

I was building a farm strip with lava lighting above it, water block in the middle below, the rows of wheat,
    at one end it has a piston which stops water getting to both rows.

Basically a creeper came in one end and blew up.
    I completed my double door + double piston door..thing.. in my house, and I open it, walk in, hear a SSSSS. Look to my right, creeper explodes taking half of the fucking wiring and pistons with it. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    Cave sounds.

Edited:

Especially when I get them while inside my house, which makes me dig out everything under my house just to find that cave and light it up, only to find out I dug the hole myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

15. Post #55

January 2009
    592 Posts
    In SMP, when noone decides to plant saplings and you have to walk 10 minutes to find a single tree.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 18Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    10,663 Posts
    Skilless kids with X-ray skinpacks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,343 Posts
    When you are killed by someone in a SMP server, again, and again, and again, and again. You can't fight back either beacuse he kills you with a diamond sword before you can gather any materials.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    I hate US Marines
    July 2009
    4,151 Posts
    Lag into lava.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

19. Post #59
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    I was once playing Minecraft and it started to rain and after a few minutes I heard thunder and lightning so I went inside and I was watching a poor little piggy walk around in the rain I opened the door to try and get him inside and lightning turned him into a pigman zombie and I killed it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    November 2010
    3,797 Posts
    Lag into lava.
    oh god this, oh man oh god!
    Is it really suprising that the lag always gets worse whenever there's a pool of lava nearby?
    Oh look! a pool of lava, i better start lagging like hell now!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

21. Post #61
    April 2011
    1,452 Posts
    I reinstalled plane mod one time in SP and gathered up all of the different parts. I had a full inventory of general crap, but general crap I needed. I took off in my plane to show my friends what you could do and I flew around for a few minutes. One friend asked "How much coal does it use?". I pressed the button that shows you and pointed it out to him, and when trying to close it it didn't work, so I pressed E. I then proceeded to jump out of the plane and die. I respawned and tried to run to catch my falling plane, I almost made it! But it hit the ground about 5 feet in front of me. After that, I thought "At least I still have my items!"

They were nowhere to be found   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    Thinking I can make a jump, then finding that the ledge was fucking 24 blocks tall.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    I once watched a girl get eaten by a horse and it was bad
    December 2008
    5,646 Posts
    Build a giant building/spend hours mining ; MINECRAFT CRASHES.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

24. Post #64
    ~blue 4evr~
    October 2009
    10,749 Posts
    Trying to make a secret piston door, made me wanna punch a horse dick.

I'm terrible with redstone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 14Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    known terrorist
    April 2011
    6,650 Posts
    Trying to make a secret piston door, made me wanna punch a horse dick.

I'm terrible with redstone.
    Punch a green dick
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    September 2010
    4,165 Posts
    What annoys me is when you mine into a cave, and are instantly greeted by some fucking arrows fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

27. Post #67
    December 2010
    808 Posts
    I was goofing off in a friend's server, we had infinite redstone to do all sorts of shenanigans. I was making a TNT minefield in front of his house, and a fucking pig jumped on the switch I just set down. ALL OF MY RAGE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,678 Posts
    When the wiring for a piston door takes up more space than the room inside.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 29 (list)

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,875 Posts
    Skeletons, those annoying motherfuckers. They always seem to hit me by surprise. An arrow firing sound that pops out of nowhere freaks me out for sure. And most of the time, I have to run up to those little fuckers to beat them to death since I don't usually carry a bow with me. So I lose a lot of health because of them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #70
    December 2010
    808 Posts
    Skeletons, those annoying motherfuckers. They always seem to hit me by surprise. An arrow firing sound that pops out of nowhere freaks me out for sure. And most of the time, I have to run up to those little fuckers to beat them to death since I don't usually carry a bow with me. So I lose a lot of health because of them.
    It's even worse when there's more than one skeleton at a time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,515 Posts
    When the wiring for a piston door takes up more space than the room inside.
    Only if you make the door pretty complicated.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 19Informative Informative x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    July 2009
    4,165 Posts
    I completed my double door + double piston door..thing.. in my house, and I open it, walk in, hear a SSSSS. Look to my right, creeper explodes taking half of the fucking wiring and pistons with it. :(
    Is it bad that I know where your avatar is from? Like the specific video?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    Dennab
    June 2011
    173 Posts
    Once I had a wooden house (a small one) but I was still proud becouse it was my first time playing.
    I had my own mine and I was mining for a half week constantly without any breaks (well I did sleep).
    I had 19 diamonds and 3 stacks of iron in my 2 chests.

ANd than the third day I was still working on my mine I found new mines all the time and than the mines stop appearing, so what did I do? I had nothing with me exept my diamond pick and 2 stone pickaxes.

I went back to my house and noticed it was half gone, I was teared apart when I saw my 2 chests have been blowed up by a fucking creeper, and I don't know how maybe they falled off that huge cliff.

I FUCKING HATE THEM, down with the disease!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

34. Post #74
    June 2011
    1,121 Posts
    Getting lost in a really deep cave.
    I place torches on my right so when going out they are on my left.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 35Agree Agree x 12Winner Winner x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    this
    changes
    everything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 50Funny Funny x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,531 Posts
    It isn't. In Windows you launch Minecraft using the launcher executable, while in Linux you launch it by executing minecraft.jar directly. I've modded Minecraft on Windows just fine, but then I copy that jar over to Linux and it doesn't work anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,091 Posts
    - Falling in lava with valuable items.
    - No memory available error & crash.

Those 2 things piss me off so much.

How the fuck did I never think of that before. Genius.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,909 Posts
    when 5 creepers came after me and blew up at once.

this JUST happened.

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,089 Posts
    When I've been playing for awhile and random chunks and layers start going transparent.

2 minutes later:
    "Minecraft has run out of memory"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #80
    Gold Member

October 2008
    3,838 Posts
    Oh my god.

You just revolutionized Minecraft cave exploring.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 32Late Late x 4 (list)