1. Post #41
    August 2010
    2,992 Posts
    It's a walk along the tracks from Holborn station.

Edited:

I'm not 100% but I think it was to move empty trains to the sidings.
    oh. i assume the sidings are not underground. where is the actual rail entrance and is it still used you think?

2. Post #42
    Sour Grapes
    March 2007
    4,708 Posts
    oh. i assume the sidings are not underground. where is the actual rail entrance and is it still used you think?
    The sidings are still used, yes. I don't know the answer to your other question.

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,705 Posts
    The sidings are still used, yes. I don't know the answer to your other question.
    It would kinda suck if a train came and killed you :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    I think ben is smarter than getting hit by trains.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #45

April 2011
    4,553 Posts
    Look at the tracks. A train wouldn't be able come down one of those in a hurry.

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,419 Posts
    Trains can be heard from far away, especially in a silent tunnel like that, even if one manages to ''sneak'' up on him you can easily get out of the way.
    You would have to be a really big idiot to get hit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

7. Post #47
    Sour Grapes
    March 2007
    4,708 Posts
    Yeah the rule is, if a train comes and there's no way of getting out the way in time, lay down as flat as possible by the tracks and you theoretically won't get hit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    and walking down a tunnel with a limited clearance sign at the end when you know trains are running is unbelievably stupid

9. Post #49
    Hello, my name is Penis. Please refer to me as such. I'm totally cool with it.
    November 2009
    4,829 Posts
    How the hell do you take pictures down there? There's an abandoned train tunnel that runs for over a mile under a city nearby that I've been meaning to check out, only problem is it's pitch black, even from the portals. All I have for a camera is a Canon SX10 IS and a few flashlights. It doesn't help that the actual tunnel is over 50 feet high and flooded with deep water.

10. Post #50
    Sour Grapes
    March 2007
    4,708 Posts
    How the hell do you take pictures down there? There's an abandoned train tunnel that runs for over a mile under a city nearby that I've been meaning to check out, only problem is it's pitch black, even from the portals. All I have for a camera is a Canon SX10 IS and a few flashlights. It doesn't help that the actual tunnel is over 50 feet high and flooded with deep water.
    Tripod and long exposure
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    September 2009
    1,278 Posts
    Don't follow the Light bengley!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    August 2010
    2,992 Posts
    if train go into tunnel, where does it go in???????/
    basically.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    August 2010
    2,992 Posts
    u nvr ansured me qustin love
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,104 Posts
    Always wanted to find an abandoned place and it not look like total shit and it hasn't been all looted yet.

15. Post #55
    Sour Grapes
    March 2007
    4,708 Posts
    u nvr ansured me qustin love
    I don't know where the tunnel ends are, I was in the tunnel and didn't gain access through either of the ends. look at google maps.

16. Post #56
    Cheesy and delicious.
    August 2010
    6,463 Posts
    Rule of thumb,the ones hanging are stalactites as in hanging tits.
    Works for me.

Edited:

And they take a looooong time to develop so this is abandoned for quite a time now. (lets see the massive stalactites in a million years)
    I've always remembered it as:

Stalactites = clings "tite" to the ceiling
    Stalagmites = watch or you "mite" trip on them

But tits works.

17. Post #57
    Premature Joculation
    April 2009
    7,933 Posts
    I remember because stalactite has c for ceiling and stalagmite has g for ground.

18. Post #58
    July 2011
    50 Posts
    Hmm and if some train come ? What you will do ?

19. Post #59
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    Hmm and if some train come ? What you will do ?
    the clue is in the name. disused

20. Post #60
    January 2011
    481 Posts
    Did you hear any singing pipes?
    He probably heard a hobo smoking a pipe, and singing. Pipes don't sing, artyom.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    $YOUTOOB$ $MONIES$
    June 2011
    138 Posts
    This is so interesting, Urban exploration in general & this.

I'm doing a Let's Play on Metro 2033 on my Youtube channel & actually going into a tunnel IN REAL LIFE & looking around at things just seems so interesting & must be a really unique experience.

I'm from Australia, Not sure what would be good to Urban explore but i'm definitely going to look into it now.

22. Post #62
    bye
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,109 Posts
    I'm from Australia, Not sure what would be good to Urban explore but i'm definitely going to look into it now.
    well usually you start with urban stuff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    September 2011
    374 Posts
    When i get pro at mapping,i gonna make a map like this,but the tunnel is full of zombies,antlions and even Combine,not even mention crazy razor trains that are insanely long and go ludicrously fast. Danger,danger and more danger!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    November 2011
    29 Posts
    Nice! I wish I lived in a town with a subway system.

25. Post #65
    April 2011
    41 Posts
    I'm a firestarter, twisted firestarter....

26. Post #66
    July 2009
    206 Posts

by Bengley1, on Flickr
    Definitely desktop background material. I think it is definitely my favorite one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    August 2008
    1,455 Posts
    Metro 20-fucking-33