1. Post #41

December 2009
    808 Posts
    I'm reading the description and I see

Mako is named after the Mako
    That's an awesome homage. For those of you who don't know, THE Mako was the original voice actor of Uncle Iroh. He was also the voice actor of Aku in Samurai Jack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,641 Posts
    The animation looks fucking awesome. Avatar was a surprisingly deep cartoon, hopefully this will be as good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    9,447 Posts
    I wish these guys could get off Nickelodeon so they could actually show blood from time to time and have characters die
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 22 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,236 Posts
    Why would you care about blood when you can have an amazing show like this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

5. Post #45
    December 2010
    115 Posts
    I'm so excited about this, I still remember watching the first season as a kid. A little saddend that sokka wont be a main caracter anymore though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

6. Post #46
    June 2010
    1,666 Posts
    Hopefully i will be looking forward to this show. Also that guy's mask in the end of the trailer remind me of Jack of blades.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #47
    June 2011
    185 Posts
    I FRAKIN LOVE ANIME
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 21 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    It looks nice so far.

Edited:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    He was like 11x years old, can't expect him to live for ages
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #49
    July 2010
    3,564 Posts
    He was like 11x years old, can't expect him to live for ages
    He lived for like 170 years probably.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,328 Posts
    In addition to Aang, the rest of Team Avatar is dead by the time the series starts, according to Andrea Romano.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    I wonder whether Zuko still lives

Edited:

Also they better elaborate what the hell happened to Ursa in some sort of flashback or what have you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events

12. Post #52
    DD's Neurosurgeon
    November 2009
    6,641 Posts
    i wonder if toph is still alive, she was the youngest
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,328 Posts
    Also they better elaborate what the hell happened to Ursa in some sort of flashback or what have you
    The reason they didn't show it in the original series is because it was too dark for Nickelodeon, and since this is going to still be on the same channel, I doubt it will be shown.

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    14,939 Posts
    OH SHIT so excited I didn't know there was a knew trailer but they've all been removed! This is like the only Nick cartoon I've enjoyed since Spongebob and that was like 14 years ago.

Oh just noticed the HD link that looks great.

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,982 Posts
    The reason they didn't show it in the original series is because it was too dark for Nickelodeon, and since this is going to still be on the same channel, I doubt it will be shown.
    uh how is getting banished "too dark"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    There was a theory that she killed Azulon because he ordered the death of Ozai's firstborn son, aka Zuko, and Ursa, being the loving mother that she was, chose her son over anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #57
    October 2008
    778 Posts
    I wonder if they'll give this Avatar a love interest of some sort.

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,982 Posts
    There was a theory that she killed Azulon because he ordered the death of Ozai's firstborn son, aka Zuko, and Ursa, being the loving mother that she was, chose her son over anything.
    or the alternative where she hired an assassin, so they could of just put a scene where she hands money to a guy in a mask, which would have the assassination implied (like Jets death)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    or the alternative where she hired an assassin, so they could of just put a scene where she hands money to a guy in a mask, which would have the assassination implied (like Jets death)
    That's a bit of a cop-out to be honest. Loving mother sacrificing it all for her Son seems much more dramatic, and better, to be fair.

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,986 Posts
    Damn, I still need to finish the original.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #61
    DD's Neurosurgeon
    November 2009
    6,641 Posts
    i kinda wish they showed Zuko's mother in the first one, or at least a reunion, i wanted to see him happy for once.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,483 Posts
    They could've flown to mount doom on eagles the entire time?

I mean they could've killed the Fire Lord with a little bit of money the entire time?

I might check this out but I didn't really like the first show. A bit too kiddy, and the animation was a little weird.

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,568 Posts
    Obvious question, but I missed the last few episodes of the series. I'm guessing Ang defeated the Fire-lord?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    I work at KFC because I can rub raw chicken on my genitals
    June 2011
    715 Posts
    $50 that there is one and it is either the 3rd guy she meets or the Masked Man.

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    9,447 Posts
    Why would you care about blood when you can have an amazing show like this?
    Because it's dumb to have characters fight with swords and spears n shit when nobody ever gets cut or stabbed. Consequently, characters like Sokka are useless because censors wouldn't allow him to do any real fighting.

I remember that one guy who used hookswords, and like all he did was trip people with them because anything more would exceed Y7
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

26. Post #66
    DD's Neurosurgeon
    November 2009
    6,641 Posts
    Because it's dumb to have characters fight with swords and spears n shit when nobody ever gets cut or stabbed. Consequently, characters like Sokka are useless because censors wouldn't allow him to do any real fighting.

I remember that one guy who used hookswords, and like all he did was trip people with them because anything more would exceed Y7
    yeah it would be nice to see some of those weapons used at its full potential, also it wouldve added to character depth. For example, if Jet was able to kill people im sure his fighting style would have had him going for every opportune kill shot/hit. Thus showing his vengeance for what happened to his family.

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,707 Posts
    Could of sworn they mentioned something about that a little after korra was announced

Edited:

Those fights were still wonderfully choreographed and epic though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,753 Posts
    Obvious question, but I missed the last few episodes of the series. I'm guessing Ang defeated the Fire-lord?
       yep
    sokka ends up with suki
    mai and zuko get back together
    iroh retires to the jasmine dragon
    toph has last words of series
    ends with aang and katara kissing 

spoilered because the final few episodes are some of the best plus the series is amazing
    i have watched it 4-5 times

Edited:

toph is da beesty character btw
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #69
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts

Another HQ trailer link. This one may not get taken down since it's unlisted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    7,595 Posts
    The reason there wasn't any closure on Zuko's mom is because the 4th season was supposed to be about Zuko looking for his mother but the show wasn't renewed for a 4th(probably for the best). So we ended up with a "sequel" hook at the end of season 3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

31. Post #71
    DD's Neurosurgeon
    November 2009
    6,641 Posts
    The reason there wasn't any closure on Zuko's mom is because the 4th season was supposed to be about Zuko looking for his mother but the show wasn't renewed for a 4th(probably for the best). So we ended up with a "sequel" hook at the end of season 3
    damn, it sucks we wont see her. Wouldve been cool if there was one part of his childhood that was savored.

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    You know, it wouldn't be weird if Zuko was still alive, he was like 17-20, the show takes place 70 years after, and most of the fire lords got to their mid 100's...

(Consider that Roku became like 150, was born on the same day as Sozin, and Sozin obviously outlived Roku)

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,707 Posts
    You know, it wouldn't be weird if Zuko was still alive, he was like 17-20, the show takes place 70 years after, and most of the fire lords got to their mid 100's...

(Consider that Roku became like 150, was born on the same day as Sozin, and Sozin obviously outlived Roku)
    What makes you think Roku was 150? He was like half that I'd say

Edited:

Yep googled it and he died exactly at 70. However you do have a point since Sozin died at 102 apparently (google), so that means Zuko could be alive but I think for the new series purposes, he's probably dead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,441 Posts
    Finally some more info on this.

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    9,447 Posts
    What makes you think Roku was 150? He was like half that I'd say

Edited:

Yep googled it and he died exactly at 70. However you do have a point since Sozin died at 102 apparently (google), so that means Zuko could be alive but I think for the new series purposes, he's probably dead.
    There was also that one guy who ruled one of the earth kingdom cities who had to be at least like 110 years old, since he knew aang as a kid
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    There was also that one guy who ruled one of the earth kingdom cities who had to be at least like 110 years old, since he knew aang as a kid
    Bumi

37. Post #77
    June 2011
    185 Posts
    give me the amines
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15 (list)

38. Post #78
    I work at KFC because I can rub raw chicken on my genitals
    June 2011
    715 Posts
    I would laugh if Bumi was still alive. He would be like 180 something kicking ass and taking names.

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    7,595 Posts
    Avatar Kyoshi lived 300 years(or was it 150?)

40. Post #80
    February 2010
    10,023 Posts
    give me the amines
    are you dumb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)