5,755 Posts
    No episode today?
    Memorial day apparently.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #1602
    March 2010
    3,139 Posts
    Memorial day apparently.
    That's a pretty silly reason seeing as both Green Lantern TAS and Young Justice still aired new episodes. I should really make a GLTAS thread but now the mid season break just started.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #1603
    June 2008
    3,516 Posts
    I'm very upset I need my fix man

I also got my print copy of The Promise yesterday. Yet another thing I can be anxious for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

4. Post #1604
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    275 Posts

From the official blog

namanja(fan artist):

I wanted to finish but I couldn’t do it. I’ve done too much evil today.
    I apologize in advance.

(Bryan):
    Why would anyone feel the need to apologize for this work of blinding beauty? Aang and Korra are on-model for once!

I am still blinded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

5. Post #1605
    I'm so Jewish you can suck my nuts.
    April 2009
    9,341 Posts
    Toph would be proud
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #1606
    July 2010
    3,564 Posts
    So about Amon being Bumi

Someone on their FB page speculated that Aang felt bad for Bumi since he taught Tenzin airbending and Kaya waterbending so he taught him a modified form of energybending so that you don't have to use a person's energy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

7. Post #1607
    June 2008
    3,516 Posts
    Bumi's got that waterbender ethnicity going on in the family tree concept, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #1608
    Maybe Sokka and Toph got married. She blushed a few times when he complimented/touched her.
    I want this to happen even with the weird Lin/Tenzin cousin thing because if it doesn't then she's probably going to marry some random dweeb like this guy

9. Post #1609
    Lemons in Bulk
    May 2005
    5,167 Posts
    (You only need the first ~25 seconds of this)

So this is why Amon hates bending! It all makes sense! Don't worry guys, the equalist mechs are just BFRs and will get nerfed soon as the plot progresses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

10. Post #1610
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    275 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 13Winner Winner x 3 (list)

11. Post #1611
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,981 Posts
    she's probably going to marry some random dweeb like this guy
    I think Toph marries this guy

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

12. Post #1612
    April 2009
    9,341 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Funny Funny x 13Winner Winner x 6 (list)

13. Post #1613
    Steins;Gate SUCKS
    October 2008
    4,991 Posts
    Jaw not square enough
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

14. Post #1614

September 2009
    3,264 Posts
    Ears not long enough
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

15. Post #1615
    November 2009
    2,821 Posts
    Air not bended enough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

16. Post #1616
    July 2010
    3,564 Posts
    Milo not present enough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

17. Post #1617
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    beard not wangy enough
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

18. Post #1618
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,891 Posts
    That's one badass Tenzin.

19. Post #1619
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,981 Posts
    -already posted-

Have something else:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

20. Post #1620
    July 2010
    3,564 Posts
    Tenzin is pretty pimpin'. [sup]I don't think I already posted this[/sup]

You did but its still funny
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1621
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,981 Posts
    Bryan posted this on his tumblr

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

22. Post #1622
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,328 Posts
    Bryan posted this on his tumblr

This obviously means there will be more Super Deformed Shorts. Those were...interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1623
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,959 Posts
    Can someone elaborate on the mystery of Zuko's mother? I haven't seen the original show since it ended.

24. Post #1624
    April 2009
    9,341 Posts
    Can someone elaborate on the mystery of Zuko's mother? I haven't seen the original show since it ended.
    Zuko's mom ran away from home he was a child, she was banished or something and they never reveal what happened to her
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events

25. Post #1625
    Gold Member

July 2007
    5,385 Posts
    When Iroh's son, Lu Ten, died in the siege of Ba Sing Se, Iroh resigned from the military out of grief. Ozai saw this as an act of weakness, and confronted Fire Lord Azulon to strip Iroh of his royal inheritance of the crown as Azulon's first-born son for his failure in the war. Azulon was furious at Ozai's lust for power when the rightful heir had just lost his son, and ordered Ozai to suffer the same fate and kill his first-born son, Zuko. Azula told this to Zuko, who told it to his mother, Ursa, who confronted Ozai about it. Ozai compromised, and agreed to spare Zuko's life in exchange for the crown. That night Ursa assassinated Fire Lord Azulon, changed his will so Ozai would become Fire Lord instead of Iroh, and fled the palace. Ozai's first act as Fire Lord was to permanently banish Ursa for treason, and she was never seen or heard from again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #1626
    June 2008
    3,516 Posts
    Do you think it'll come up in The Promise at all? They did elaborate on Zuko's conversation with Ozai a bit in the first issue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1627
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,436 Posts
    Well if Korra ever meets the new firelord we might find out. Then again they might just keep it a secret forever.

28. Post #1628
    April 2009
    9,341 Posts
    I bet we never find out, they seem to love tormenting their fans
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events

29. Post #1629
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    6,023 Posts
    When Iroh's son, Lu Ten, died in the siege of Ba Sing Se, Iroh resigned from the military out of grief. Ozai saw this as an act of weakness, and confronted Fire Lord Azulon to strip Iroh of his royal inheritance of the crown as Azulon's first-born son for his failure in the war. Azulon was furious at Ozai's lust for power when the rightful heir had just lost his son, and ordered Ozai to suffer the same fate and kill his first-born son, Zuko. Azula told this to Zuko, who told it to his mother, Ursa, who confronted Ozai about it. Ozai compromised, and agreed to spare Zuko's life in exchange for the crown. That night Ursa assassinated Fire Lord Azulon, changed his will so Ozai would become Fire Lord instead of Iroh, and fled the palace. Ozai's first act as Fire Lord was to permanently banish Ursa for treason, and she was never seen or heard from again.
    Yeah, this is a dark story in a cartoon show if I've ever seen one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

30. Post #1630
    Gold Member

July 2007
    5,385 Posts
    Yeah, this is a dark story in a cartoon show if I've ever seen one.
    On another note, the first person who revealed Zuko's execution order was Azula. Since Azulon was never actually shown giving the order to Ozai, Azula could have made the entire thing up to tease Zuko, and Ozai would have just capitalized on the opportunity when Ursa confronted him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

31. Post #1631
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    ...when was that whole thing established? I vaguely remember it being hinted at in the cartoon, but not quite in that detail.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

32. Post #1632
    June 2008
    3,516 Posts
    It's possible, but given the horrid nature of the three previous Fire Lords, I wouldn't be surprised if Azulon had given that order.

33. Post #1633
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,981 Posts
    The episode in question is "Zuko Alone", so rewatching it might help understand more.

34. Post #1634
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,794 Posts
    I think that Zuko's mom killed Azulon to protect Zuko, and set it up so that Ozai would become King in order to keep quiet and exiled herself for killing the man.

35. Post #1635
    May 2009
    1,540 Posts

36. Post #1636
    July 2010
    3,564 Posts
    I don't think the music fits there. It sounds like their in peril or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

37. Post #1637
    May 2009
    1,540 Posts
    I don't think the music fits there. It sounds like their in peril or something.
    Sounds more like build up to me.

38. Post #1638
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,981 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #1639
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,436 Posts
    Liked the batman and the old Aang ones the best.

40. Post #1640
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,981 Posts
    Sneak Peeks of The Promise part two just got posted on Facebook!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)