1. Post #3401
    November 2009
    2,821 Posts

Edited:

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

2. Post #3402
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,238 Posts
    If there were still airbenders left they could use sonic bursts as crowd control. Meelo get on it.
    they would make high pitch sirens to control the crowd.

as for vacuum bending, fire needs air so an air bender if strong enough could make a barrier where no fire could enter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

3. Post #3403
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    270 Posts

EDIT: That's actually Steve Blum btw
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 21Winner Winner x 4 (list)

4. Post #3404
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,428 Posts
    I'm planning on re-watching TLA again. It's been quite a while since I've watched the series. Any place where I can watch them online with good quality?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

5. Post #3405
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,326 Posts
    I'm planning on re-watching TLA again. It's been quite a while since I've watched the series. Any place where I can watch them online with good quality?
    Why not buy the box set? It comes with some decent commentaries and such.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #3406
    Extraction Point
    July 2006
    8,054 Posts
    Just finished season one.

Wayyyy wayyyy wayyyyyyyyy too much relationship bullshit oh my goooood it burns.
    On top of that the protagonists are weak as fuck, they lose pretty much every fight and it drives me nuts.

Also I really dislike    bloodbending, it's way too freakin' overpowered and basically invalidates everything else. I just know they're going to pull some stupid bullshit and be all like "hurr we made dis armor in da earth kingdom dat makes u immune to bloodbending gg"

On top of that I really got tired of the metalbenders constantly getting electrocuted, I mean come on you'd think they'd figure it out by like the 3rd or 4th time and use earth bending, you know, that material that DOESNT CONDUCT ELECTRICITY 

Overall however, pretty good, I will keep watching but I definitely prefer the last airbender to this so far.

OH. LAST THING THAT IRKS ME (big spoiler)
       The fuck was with Korra instantly getting all her bending back at the end of episode 12, that was just utter bullshit. Aang spent his ENTIRE SERIES learning how to pick up each and every skill and I was really hoping that korra was going to have to relearn each skill again in a way reminiscent of that but nooooooo, she just gets it all for free. Aang had an awesome spirit connection and he SLAVED away to learn the bare minimum of what he needed to know and Korra gets it all for free, and then she WHINES about it, dear gooooood.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #3407
    Steins;Gate SUCKS
    October 2008
    4,945 Posts
    Just finished season one.

Wayyyy wayyyy wayyyyyyyyy too much relationship bullshit oh my goooood it burns.
    On top of that the protagonists are weak as fuck, they lose pretty much every fight and it drives me nuts.

Also I really dislike    bloodbending, it's way too freakin' overpowered and basically invalidates everything else. I just know they're going to pull some stupid bullshit and be all like "hurr we made dis armor in da earth kingdom dat makes u immune to bloodbending gg"

On top of that I really got tired of the metalbenders constantly getting electrocuted, I mean come on you'd think they'd figure it out by like the 3rd or 4th time and use earth bending, you know, that material that DOESNT CONDUCT ELECTRICITY 

Overall however, pretty good, I will keep watching but I definitely prefer the last airbender to this so far.

OH. LAST THING THAT IRKS ME (big spoiler)
       The fuck was with Korra instantly getting all her bending back at the end of episode 12, that was just utter bullshit. Aang spent his ENTIRE SERIES learning how to pick up each and every skill and I was really hoping that korra was going to have to relearn each skill again in a way reminiscent of that but nooooooo, she just gets it all for free. Aang had an awesome spirit connection and he SLAVED away to learn the bare minimum of what he needed to know and Korra gets it all for free, and then she WHINES about it, dear gooooood.   
       American girls! Legend of Korra was only meant to be one season so they had the ending already written up and stuff, they didn't expect a second season.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 3 (list)

8. Post #3408
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,238 Posts
        besides getting something back starting at square one during the next season of a show has been done so many times it's cliche now. instead she's off at a higher point and with a higher point comes a greater challenge. why do I have spoiler tags on, it's been out for weeks?    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #3409
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    458 Posts
    I'm curious to see    what Korra does to the people who abused their bending. Leader of the Triple Threats, Lightning Bolt Zolt for instance. I mean he obviously abused his bending abilities so will Korra just not give them back to him?   

I'm looking forward to season 2. I hope we get to see more of the old cast in their later lives.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #3410
    May 2012
    156 Posts
    Shadman does it again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Funny Funny x 9Informative Informative x 2 (list)

11. Post #3411
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,295 Posts
    korra's boobs are different in each frame
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events

12. Post #3412
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,836 Posts
    Why were you staring at her boobs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

13. Post #3413
    May 2012
    156 Posts
    That's shadman for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #3414
    April 2009
    14,295 Posts
    Why were you staring at her boobs
    i wasn't staring, i was analyzing

Edited:

besides, this is shadman, there's not much else to stare at
    except maybe for that pipe in the background

15. Post #3415
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,066 Posts
    Am I the only one that actually can't stand Shadman's style?

It looks horrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #3416
    April 2009
    14,295 Posts
    It's scary.

17. Post #3417
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,218 Posts
    Such a shame there was no big cliff hanger at the end of Season 1.

To bad they aimed for just 1 season, would love to see something like the Equalists taking over the world and that it ends up with only a few benders left till they found some way to return bending and at the final season everything is restored..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #3418
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    3,083 Posts

EDIT: That's actually Steve Blum btw
    here is the original vid if some one wants to see it

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

19. Post #3419
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,218 Posts
    Also, was there any specific reason why the original plan was just 1 season?
    Was this Nickelodeons decision or DiMartino's?

Its just weird since The Legend of Korra seems so big and major since its a whole new addition to the series and what we get is just 1 'short' story about just 1 location while TloA was all over the world in 3 seasons
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #3420
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,326 Posts
    Also, was there any specific reason why the original plan was just 1 season?
    Was this Nickelodeons decision or DiMartino's?

Its just weird since The Legend of Korra seems so big and major since its a whole new addition to the series and what we get is just 1 'short' story about just 1 location while TloA was all over the world in 3 seasons
    The creators wanted to make a more streamlined story without as many filler episodes. In addition, unlike the original series, they are writing every episode themselves.

21. Post #3421
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    17,738 Posts
    Am I the only one that actually can't stand Shadman's style?

It looks horrible.
    I dont like it either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

22. Post #3422
    The Disabled Kid
    Dennab
    February 2011
    4,770 Posts
    I dont like it either.
    Hate it or loathe it, there's no liking it.

23. Post #3423
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,429 Posts
    Also, one thing I noticed about the new series is that everything felt more awkward. Like the timing of people's conversations was off or something. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

24. Post #3424
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,218 Posts
    What i miss the most is the humor that Legend of Aang had, i only laughed a few times throughout the first first season while in the LoA my sides were splitting pretty much every episode
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #3425
    Maestro
    August 2006
    2,220 Posts
    I loved Korra's story, but I thought the editing was kind of bad and the pacing was messed up. In my opinion,    season 1 should have ended with Tarrlok blowing the boat up and Korra crying; Aang appearing and the restoration of Korra and Lin's bending should have been the beginning of Season 2, Episode 1.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

26. Post #3426
    April 2008
    1,383 Posts
    I loved Korra's story, but I thought the editing was kind of bad and the pacing was messed up. In my opinion,    season 1 should have ended with Tarrlok blowing the boat up and Korra crying; Aang appearing and the restoration of Korra and Lin's bending should have been the beginning of Season 2, Episode 1.   
    Can't have a downer ending on a nick show
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #3427
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,238 Posts
    I really think there will be a leap in time between seasons 1 and season 2, like 5 months to a year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

28. Post #3428
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,696 Posts
    Can't have a downer ending on a nick show
    Last Airbender Season 2 finale
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

29. Post #3429
    This title has been removed due to a copyright claim from Viacom Inc.
    July 2008
    3,478 Posts
    Last Airbender Season 2 finale
    That's different.
    It was widely known that there was going to be a 3rd season so it was okay, there was hope.

There is still a lot of people (and most of those are kids) who think it was going to be just one season.

Also, possible candidate for Lin's mom is The Duke. They hugged at the end of the finale.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

30. Post #3430
    December 2009
    563 Posts
    Prediction of Book 2.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #3431
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,326 Posts
    They probably would have done that if they planned on doing a second season.

32. Post #3432
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,506 Posts
    Seems like a waste of time building it up as a season finale only to negate the effects in the first episode of the next season...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #3433
    April 2009
    14,295 Posts
    Prediction of Book 2.

FUCK NO
    Korra isn't like that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #3434
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,678 Posts
    Finished the series already.

Loved it, I just didn't like the romance thing going on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #3435
    I'm so Jewish you can suck my nuts.
    April 2009
    9,246 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Funny Funny x 22 (list)

36. Post #3436
    This title has been removed due to a copyright claim from Viacom Inc.
    July 2008
    3,478 Posts
    Well, I'm done with the original series, then in a week the creator commentary will roll around, and then we have the long, agonizing wait for season 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

37. Post #3437
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,359 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #3438
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    270 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 19Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #3439
    If the advanced version of:

Waterbending - Bloodbending
    Earthbending - Metalbending
    Firebending - Lightning

What's the advanced version of Airbending?
    Fart bending

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Late Late x 2Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #3440
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,678 Posts
    The only thing I agree with there is the ending. Maybe it's the fact I am into grimdark fiction and downer endings, but I think it did end a bit too tidily.

Like,    when Amon took Lin's bending   , I got the damn shivers. It was a great scene in my opinion, very emotional, but the when    she got it back    in the last episode it kind of ruined it for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)