Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    10,983 Posts
    Poor Bolin getting friendzoned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #1002
    January 2010
    1,086 Posts
    its funny how in the last series the gang basically kicked everyones ass, like aang was taking out several firebender ships in the invasion of the northern tribe yet korra and everyone else is getting their asses handed to them constantly.
    I think they are making up the lack of bad qualities of Aang with Korra.
    Aang could be considered as a Mary Sue as the largest difficulties he came across was almost getting killed (followed by a heroic rise), shyness of love with no real competitions, his fights are non-violent, and his actions are generally good-hearted to the extreme.
    Korra on the other hand, is far from a Mary Sue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #1003
    July 2010
    3,569 Posts
    Holy crap.

I found out the type of kung fu my school teaches is bagua.

I'm learning airbending!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

4. Post #1004
    I'm so Jewish you can suck my nuts.
    April 2009
    9,376 Posts
    Holy crap.

I found out the type of kung fu my school teaches is bagua.

I'm learning airbending!
    Remember to be the leaf!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Funny Funny x 21Winner Winner x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

5. Post #1005
    Zet
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,514 Posts
    I don't understand why Korra wouldn't want to be with Bolin, when she can actually be herself around him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

6. Post #1006
    November 2009
    2,821 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

7. Post #1007
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    4,895 Posts
    Latest link to the Episode of Korra? Don't want to be waiting a week.

EDIT : Nevermind I found out with good quality!

http://dubhappy.com/the-legend-of-korra-episode-5/

8. Post #1008
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,465 Posts
    Guys there could be more episodes if there is a high enough demand. (I believe I read that somewhere...)

9. Post #1009
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    4,895 Posts
    Guys there could be more episodes if there is a high enough demand. (I believe I read that somewhere...)
    It must be in an absurd amount due to the fact that the writers have shown that they know when to end a series.

10. Post #1010
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,694 Posts
    I wouldn't exactly call what happened to Bolin being friendzoned, more rejected then anything.

11. Post #1011
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,661 Posts
    Does anyone think Katara will teach Korra to blood bend?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #1012
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,303 Posts
    Does anyone think Katara will teach Korra to blood bend?
    I don't even think Katara wants to remember how to blood bend let alone teach someone to use it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #1013
    Dennab
    March 2010
    1,625 Posts
    Holy fuck Bolin got WRECKED.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

14. Post #1014
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    10,983 Posts
    Well finished my drawing of Korra in Colors 3D

Direct Link for Drawing Playback: http://colorslive.com/details/127314..._by_bpc908.php
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #1015
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,661 Posts
    I don't even think Katara wants to remember how to blood bend let alone teach someone to use it.
    Korra might need it at some point like Katara did.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #1016
    August 2011
    2,296 Posts
    Watching ep 1, pretty excited!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

17. Post #1017
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    I fucking hate the term friendzone

Edited:

I don't understand why Korra wouldn't want to be with Bolin, when she can actually be herself around him.
    Mako clearly has a really great ass

Edited:

in other news here is leaked footage of the live action LoK movie

Linkies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

18. Post #1018
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    7,675 Posts
    Korra might need it at some point like Katara did.
    Yep, it seems like a last resort type of thing, for when you really have no choice. If she does learn it, my guess is she uses it on the equalists, then they use it as propaganda against benders, and it causes a massive shitstorm and martial law crap
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

19. Post #1019
    Maestro
    August 2006
    2,244 Posts
    I have this weird feeling that Asami is a villain.
    She reminds me of Talia al Ghul from Batman. It creeps me out. I don't know if she's just a henchman or what. She might even be Amon.

20. Post #1020
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    She reminds me of Talia al Ghul from Batman. It creeps me out. I don't know if she's just a henchman or what. She might even be Amon.
    She's a dead ringer for Lust from Fullmetal Alchemist

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #1021
    Maestro
    August 2006
    2,244 Posts

Couldn't Amon also be Mako and Bolin's father? They    Thought he died in an eerily similar firebender attack. What if he thought they did?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #1022
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,241 Posts
    I've just gone from watching FMA in its entirety to LoK. This is actually the reason I think she's evil.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

23. Post #1023
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    Couldn't Amon also be Mako and Bolin's father? They    Thought he died in an eerily similar firebender attack. What if he thought they did?   
    That could be complete bullshit to gain support
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

24. Post #1024
    March 2010
    3,147 Posts
    I really hope she doesn't turn out to be a villain. The femme-fatale cliche really pisses me off because it seems like a really cheap way to make a villain. If she is a villain make it so she turns into one after she finds out about Mako and Korra and starts slowly turning equalist or something like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #1025
    MEGA SENPAI KAWAII UGUU~~ =^_^=
    September 2008
    14,608 Posts
    So far I like this series a lot more than the first, whether because of the art design or the darker/more modern tone of the story. The characters seem a bit more realistic compared to Aang and his friends as well.

As I'm sure many have already said in this thread, episode 5 left me really sympathetic towards Bo Lin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #1026
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,199 Posts
    Is it bad that I want them to kill someone off at some point in the show? I don't know why but I kind of need that to happen. Not someone HUGE, but someone enough to rock the boat.

I know it won't happen, don't judge me.

27. Post #1027
    I like the zip of Miracle Whip
    January 2010
    4,143 Posts
    Is it me, or does Asami seem like she'll be part of the Bending Revolution and end up being a huge supervillain...the "Azula" of the series, if you will?

As for the series itself, I like it a whole lot. Not as great as the first series, but it's still pretty incredible. I like the new steampunk technology and the film noir-esque recaps of older episodes at the beginning.

28. Post #1028
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,199 Posts
    Is it me, or does Asami seem like she'll be part of the Bending Revolution and end up being a huge supervillain...the "Azula" of the series, if you will?

As for the series itself, I like it a whole lot. Not as great as the first series, but it's still pretty incredible. I like the new steampunk technology and the film noir-esque recaps of older episodes at the beginning.
    I think it's possible, but she might just be a future victim in all of this.

29. Post #1029
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,241 Posts
    I can't see katara sticking around, she'll probably die off camera. And am I the only one wanting a little more spirit action?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

30. Post #1030
    MEGA SENPAI KAWAII UGUU~~ =^_^=
    September 2008
    14,608 Posts

If anything it'll probably be her father ends up supporting the Equalists, only putting on a good face for the public.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

31. Post #1031
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    7,092 Posts

Holy fuzzballs, she does look like her!

Alas, a conspiracy is born.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Brazil Show Events

32. Post #1032
    I'm so Jewish you can suck my nuts.
    April 2009
    9,376 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Funny Funny x 25 (list)

33. Post #1033
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,158 Posts
    Why would someone call their tumblr that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

34. Post #1034
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,443 Posts
    Is it bad that I want them to kill someone off at some point in the show? I don't know why but I kind of need that to happen. Not someone HUGE, but someone enough to rock the boat.

It could. Young Justice killed someone off on screen and their on about the same level of darkness.

35. Post #1035
    March 2010
    3,147 Posts

Jet was killed in the original series but it wasn't really clear.
    I've got a really bad feeling they'll kill Tenzin because that would really screw up Korras progression as an avatar. Then the kids will have to teach her or she is somehow able to contact Aang to teach her.

Edited:

I need an edit of this stat!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

36. Post #1036
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    Jet was killed in the original series but it wasn't really clear.
    I've got a really bad feeling they'll kill Tenzin because that would really screw up Korras progression as an avatar. Then the kids will have to teach her or she is somehow able to contact Aang to teach her.

Edited:

I need an edit of this stat!
    Was Jet killed? I don't remember that...I know they tailed Zuko and Iroh for a bit, but I thought they just kind of...disappeared.

Also I doubt they'll kill Tenzin...Aang's the only real one who could teach her, and we know they want to avoid bringing TLA into this series as much as possible.

fuck i'm still mad about manjaw toph
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #1037
    March 2010
    3,147 Posts
    Was Jet killed? I don't remember that...I know they tailed Zuko and Iroh for a bit, but I thought they just kind of...disappeared.
    Did you miss the episodes in Ba Sing Sae? There's the whole arc where Jet arrives and gets hypnotized and in the end it was implied he died. They joke about it in "Ember Island Players" and they even state he died in the "Avatar Extras".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #1038
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    Did you miss the episodes in Ba Sing Sae? There's the whole arc where Jet arrives and gets hypnotized and in the end it was implied he died. They joke about it in "Ember Island Players" and they even state he died in the "Avatar Extras".
    Haven't watched them in a while. :< Usually I just watch the ones that are story heavy and/or toph heavy.

one thing that's always bothered me about toph and earthbenders in general...why not just take everyone underground and like dig a tunnel to wherever you're going? seems a lot faster and safer, especially in dangerous territory with someone like toph who can see what's going on in every direction at once.

39. Post #1039
    June 2008
    3,539 Posts
    Well Ba Sing Se is pretty story heavy.

40. Post #1040
    Dennab
    March 2010
    1,625 Posts
    There's this huge argument on /tv/ about who is better looking, Korra or Katara. Some of the comments are hilarious. Stuff like:

Korra looks like a pre-op tranny
    And Katara needs bigger tits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)