1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    give me the amines
    Why do you want NH2 functional groups?

Edited:

Avatar Kyoshi lived 300 years(or was it 150?)
    230, but Avatars live longer by default (Aang's avatar spirit was 11x regardless of him being 1x years old)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    14,960 Posts
    Because it's dumb to have characters fight with swords and spears n shit when nobody ever gets cut or stabbed. Consequently, characters like Sokka are useless because censors wouldn't allow him to do any real fighting.

I remember that one guy who used hookswords, and like all he did was trip people with them because anything more would exceed Y7
    Watching the show trying to get out an anti-war message was funny because they talked about all the people who died but then showed the most peaceful humorous war ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,753 Posts
    The reason there wasn't any closure on Zuko's mom is because the 4th season was supposed to be about Zuko looking for his mother but the show wasn't renewed for a 4th(probably for the best). So we ended up with a "sequel" hook at the end of season 3
    uhh no

bryan and mike only wanted 3 seasons, an enclosed story if you will. they are only doing korra due to the asking of nick, the extremely positive fan reception, and fan demand. i seem to remnember reading the only 3 seasons thin in the artbook

Edited:

just think
    this show came from the death of invader zim
    good trade-off?

Edited:

the creators have had the idea of the polar-dog since the second ever concept art when aang was futurisitic and momo was a robot monkey

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,578 Posts
    Whoa what is this. Just saw the video for the first time(previous time I visited the thread, video was done).

Modernish city with high buildings I can bare with... But modern clothes, cars, urbanish store windows being broken? The fire nation just mastered air balloon travel, and mostly use steam powered things(if I remember correctly). What is this!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

5. Post #85
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    just think
    this show came from the death of invader zim
    good trade-off?
    where did you hear that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    828 Posts

Modernish city with high buildings I can bare with... But modern clothes, cars, urbanish store windows being broken? The fire nation just mastered air balloon travel, and mostly use steam powered things(if I remember correctly). What is this!
    Well it 70 years apart, and the fire nation was already industrialized in the first series. It's like from the 1850s to the 1920s. Shit happens quickly.

7. Post #87
    June 2007
    2,763 Posts
    Well it 70 years apart, and the fire nation was already industrialized in the first series. It's like from the 1850s to the 1920s. Shit happens quickly.
    I always found that a little odd. The world seems to have remained roughly the same for what seems like tens of thousands of years (look at all the reincarnation's before Aang) and only now does it suddenly become industrialised.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

8. Post #88
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    I always found that a little odd. The world seems to have remained roughly the same for what seems like tens of thousands of years (look at all the reincarnation's before Aang) and only now does it suddenly become industrialised.
    I imagine metalbending helped make that leap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

9. Post #89
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,660 Posts
    Tenzin is voiced by J.K. Simmons. This show will be great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

10. Post #90
    April 2011
    166 Posts
    oh god i thought m. night shamyalan was making another avatar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,470 Posts
    Why would they call it the last Air bender when Korra is a water bender? The word Avatar cannot be copyrighted. James Cameron does not own the word. They should have stay with
    "Avatar: The legend of Korra" instead of "The last Air Bender: The Legend of Korra".

Unless Korra turns out to be the Last Water Bender which would have been a suitable plot name.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    7,673 Posts
    James Cameron does not own the word.
    Oh but he does
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

13. Post #93
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    24,005 Posts
    Saw the trailer for this yesterday. I'm a huge fan of the original series and this one looks like it'll be just as good. I'm pretty excited.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,747 Posts
    Oh but he does
    But the TV show had it first, so it's allowed to use it.

At least, it was the same case with facepunch when facebook tried to copyright the word 'face'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,034 Posts
    Whoa what is this. Just saw the video for the first time(previous time I visited the thread, video was done
    Well, the fire nation already had steam powered; Tanks, Battleships, Zeppelins, and Jet Skies. Making a car and motorcycle wouldn't be that big of a leap. Also after the war the entire world went into a prosperous and peaceful time. Also with Toph teaching people how to metal bend everything else would of become extremely easy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,753 Posts
    where did you hear that?
    pretty much implied i n the artbook because when invader zim was cancelled one episode into the second season, bryan konietzko was basically out of a job and was told by his parents to take a risk
    there was more but i just paraphrased a paragraph or two
    whats really interesting is that they outlined all the aspects of the show-4 nations, 3 seasons, etc- at the pitch

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,034 Posts
    Yeah, I am already in love with this show. I mean how couldn't you without stuff like this?

18. Post #98
    December 2009
    8,851 Posts
    Im amazed by how mature a story the first avatar was able to pull off. I hear this one is going to be even more mature but I hope I can get a good laugh and silly characters now and then. I also hope there are references to the first show like the cabbage guy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,034 Posts
    Im amazed by how mature a story the first avatar was able to pull off. I hear this one is going to be even more mature but I hope I can get a good laugh and silly characters now and then. I also hope there are references to the first show like the cabbage guy.
    They got the rateing PG. So except to see people getting punched in the face and getting thrown through windows.

20. Post #100
    June 2010
    372 Posts
    I cried the whole time watching everything, I have this empty feeling thinking about Sokka, Katara, Aang, Toph, Suki, and Zuko not being around anymore.

Edited:

Does anybody know where I could get this image in a much larger size?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    828 Posts
    Apparently Mixed Martial Arts would be incorporated into the show somehow. Wonder what type of benders use that?

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    7,239 Posts
    Apparently Mixed Martial Arts would be incorporated into the show somehow. Wonder what type of benders use that?
    i would guess water.

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,034 Posts
    Its more than likely going to be shown in the arena.

24. Post #104
    DD's Neurosurgeon
    November 2009
    6,663 Posts
    And the cabbage guy was still alive after all these years... imagine

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    11,378 Posts
    I stopped watching this show near the end of the 2nd season mostly due to me completely forgetting the time it came on. I don't even think I have the patience to watch the rest of the show.

26. Post #106
    September 2009
    47 Posts
    Cabbage is quite nutritious after all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,753 Posts
    I stopped watching this show near the end of the 2nd season mostly due to me completely forgetting the time it came on. I don't even think I have the patience to watch the rest of the show.
    the third season is great, watch it

Edited:

and its only 21 episodes, you could watch the entire show in about a day if you have the willpower necessary to do so

28. Post #108
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    24,005 Posts
    Personally, I want this guy to still be alive:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

29. Post #109
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,753 Posts
    oh you just know they're going to tap into the foamy/ cabbage guy references

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,479 Posts
    that was so unexpected for me that I laughed pretty hard at it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,367 Posts
    I can't wait for this next show. I still have this scene from the first show burnt into my mind:

Aang's face at 0:12 is too priceless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    DD's Neurosurgeon
    November 2009
    6,663 Posts
    id rather see this guy. dance master.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

33. Post #113
    July 2009
    2,142 Posts
    As far as cartoons go with women, Korra is pretty hot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

34. Post #114
    Slaaf van EternalFlamez.Ik wilde heel graag de laatste Indie Bundle, en ik kreeg deze kuttitel er gratis bij.
    March 2010
    4,067 Posts
    I would love to see these series go up, I loved the last ones and should probably rewatch them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,539 Posts
    I think what I like best about this show is the extremely detailed emphasis on body movement.

Not to mention that every fight scene is very well choreographed and creative.

From an animation stand-point, believe The Legend of Korra will live up to its predecessor (perhaps even out-do it). From a story stand-point... we're just going to have to wait and see. Looking forward to the series (even though I just watched the last couple episodes of the original series throughout the week.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,753 Posts
    id rather see this guy. dance master.

season three was badass period
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

37. Post #117
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    10,974 Posts
    Secret Tunnel needs a Return
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    7,673 Posts
    This needs another episode where a character hallucinates through either cactus juice or sleep deprivation
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,846 Posts
    This needs another episode where a character hallucinates through either cactus juice or sleep deprivation
    The fight scene between Momo and Appa was hilarious.

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    7,673 Posts
    Or GokuAang vs the firelord
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)